How long should I wait on a fight thread?
and soon the sea shall give up her dead
102 Posts
Ooc — Jules
I have dumb question (again). I am deeply sorry if this is already posted somewhere and I read it and forgot. 

Is there a time limit in fight threads? Example, wolf a attacks wolf b. Wolf b is due to respond and goes an entire week+ without posting. Wolf a has other threads where the outcome of this fight holds importance. wolf b posts as other characters, because muse is muse no biggie, but doesn't ever respond to wolf a in their thread.

I realize that some fights include many people and that it hinges on that but... how long before those wanting to move the thread along can post and conclude it? It's rude to skip people, yes, but what about the people who have that thread as a trade/skill/plot twist waiting?

D: 

I am talking reasonable amount of time, too. *flail* I'm just curious if there are rules on this to safeguard against people starting a plot/fight and then abandoning it due to the outcome for whatever reason. Please understand I know people have lives, go on vacay, etc.
932 Posts
Ooc — Soap
No official rules to my knowledge, but there was a discussion about that sort of thing here.

I believe the general consensus is to wait a week.
and soon the sea shall give up her dead
102 Posts
Ooc — Jules
(October 19, 2015, 11:42 AM)Iqniq Wrote: No official rules to my knowledge, but there was a discussion about that sort of thing here.

I believe the general consensus is to wait a week.

Ah, so I am not alone, haha! I think a week is ample time (unless on absence) too. 

My other concern is, if it's not an official aggressive spar with dice rolls, etc, would that rule still apply?
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
Yeah, there isn't (and won't be) an official rule on it simply because this is meant to be a casual forum, but you're more than welcome to PM them your prefence for timeframe and if they don't post within that, it's well within your right to PM them your concerns and skip them (if it's a multi-participant thread) or try to figure something out. I don't think you can ever conclude the outcome without talking about it with them, but you can try to discuss it with them.

You can do it for either type of spar, as far as I'm concerned. As long as you explain to the other player that it's a plot thread and it's important to you and your character, most people will either hash it out with you or post for you. If someone still refuses to post after you've reached out to them, then you can always reach out to myself or another CM to try to come up with a solution.
932 Posts
Ooc — Soap
I think that becomes more a matter of personal preference. I tend to tap people if I notice my threads have gone 2 weeks without a reply, but the character hasn't been swept by the activity checker. At that point I just assume they've forgotten about our thread and send them a quick PM to check in and see where we're at.

In your example, where the outcome of Thread A directly effects the outcome of Thread B, I think that's really up to you and whether or not you're comfortable sending a PM out. Sometimes a quick PM to let someone else know the thread you have together is important for your character's storyline is enough to spur the other player back into action or to discuss the outcome and continue accordingly.

To my knowledge, there's no "official" timeout for non-aggressive spars, but that might be a better question for @WOLF.

Edit: Shadow posted. What Chels said.