Blackfeather Woods end of an empire
waiting for something divine to answer me
3 Posts
Ooc —
Joining 
The chill of winter's deadly grasp had seeped past the coarse hairs of his winter coat, and though there had been a light snow that had fallen almost a five moons ago during his travels to the Teekon Wilds what had lay upon the ground had melted out and returned to the earth. Snow fall reminded him of the still warm ash that had lain over the earth and blackened dogwoods that were partially spared from the lick of the fire that had torn through Flightless Falcons. He had not been there to witness his family ...his mother burn to their deaths yet seeing the aftermath had been hard enough and the eidetic memory he had been born with did not do him any favors. Osiris wished only to forget the sharp tang of burnt wood and smoke as it burned his nose, to forget that with each step he took the ashes and cinders he stepped upon were not just of the destroyed wood and creatures of prey but of the Redleaf-DiSarinno's that had called it home. The ashes of his mother, stolen from him too young. She was not his by blood nor flesh, but by bond. She had nursed him as his surrogate, nurtured and loved him, even giving him the name of her father: a piece of her to have with him always.

Yet a piece was not enough; it would never be enough.

He could not have done anything, it was far too late. The dark magic he'd believed in as a child had never been real and he tried not to linger upon the “what if's” for the sake of his own sanity, though he could not forget regardless of what he'd tried to make the horror and grief vanish it remained, ever present like a sickness in his mind. Not even opium he'd taken to indulging in could bring with it a nightmare free slumber. The images were still there and the pain he felt was not one that the opium could relieve. Osiris moved forward because he had no other choice, despite that he remained haunted, though in truth he knew he hadn't truly let it go. 

Letting go was easier said than done.

It was an idea of grandeur that had lured him to the Teekon: a commitment to starting over, to giving himself a purpose and something to focus upon in the hopes that it would ease his grief festered as it was. It was this desire that brought him to the doorstep of the grim forest and it was there he waited, eyes of iced champagne observing and memorizing. 
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke wanted to focus more on being a guardian than a warrior. He felt like defensive fighting would be better now he was growing older. Being a guardian he could also combine well with the fact that the alpha was often found at the borders to make his scent clear. The borders of Black Feather Woods were curiously marked. The trees had scrapes of their nails, and if the strong scent wasn't hitting a wolf first then it might be the macabre sight of broken bodies or blood that was spread around their area. It did depend on how many trespassers they would get over time. Lately they only had a fox that wanted to steal their food, so this time there was less of the gore-y sight.

Since Burke's children were safe in the heart of Black Feather the male decided to have another go at the borders. Each member has their own patrol times and Burke knew that it was around his time to do his round. What he disliked was that his mind was often haunted with the fact that Meldresi was gone, to add to that misery of loosing his mate, his best friend and Beta also went missing. Yet, the determined alpha wasn't going to let grief stop doing his tasks. He found that if he worked extra hard that his mind would be occupied with the little job he gave himself.

Now the male was distracted by a foreign scent. Even though the tank was massive it didn't mean he could walk silently. He used the shadows to his advantage. Soon he located the wolf that was too close to his borders. Burke jumped forward and bared his teeth. "You are awfully close to our borders," he growled at the stranger. Now Burke had his young he was slightly more protective on his borders.
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
3 Posts
Ooc —
Though perhaps it would have been courteous to call at the borders, Osiris had not been made to linger long and thus had reasoned that there had been little reason to call for it might have very well been that no sooner did his call end a figure came into view, movements rapid and hostile. An understandable response, for there was a certain level of possession upon borders by those that led and those that were tasked with guarding the urine markings. As rapid as the alpha's steps towards him, Osiris assessed him, pupils narrowing within their pools of iced champagne, noting the tense coil of the other man's muscles before he leapt forward and landed, teeth bared and hackles bristled. Perhaps another might have found the sheer hostility imposing, unnecessary or frightening. Osiris had seen worse, felt the teeth of a loved one against his throat, the threaten to crush, the warning of death if he did not cease his resistance and leave Flightless Falcons peaceably. Tyrannus had been something awful, memorizing only in a way that a tyrant could be: impressive because of the fear he struck within the hearts and souls of all of those that knew him. There should have been fear, perhaps, at the alpha's display but there was not. There was only a respect: something that the domineering Osiris could mutually connect with.

There was more than a respectful distance between the borders of the grim forest and Osiris' corporeal presence but he did not raise his voice to argue. Dominance had been shown and if he wished to have any chance at acceptance the divinity reincarnate understood that he would have to abide by and accept the other man's control. “My apologizes,” Osiris spoke, breaking his silence with a submissive bow of his head as he took a few steps back, yielding. “I am Osiris, your lordship,” The sin offered his name, figuring that it would remain a request whether he willingly gave it or not. “I seek a place among your ranks if you have the room, at your approval.” This felt a little too familiar to him, reminding him of how Tyrannus demanded to be addressed and spoken too before he'd gone batshit crazy and chased all males — and thus competition for females — out of Flightless Falcons. This stranger was not Tyrannus, however, and Osiris was showing this level of respect out of his own willingness and not because their was a set of dangerous and powerful jaws clamped around his jugular ready and itching to pierce through.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke stance wasn't very friendly at all. He wasn't keen on lurkers at their borders. If they had interest in joining so be it but the he preferred a howl before hand. This male hadn't done that, and Burke was instantly skeptical of his intentions. Luckily for the other he did take the right demeanor to get into the alpha's good graces. The male also knew how to talk well. Burke took in his dark coat that mixed from black to brownish mocha. The alpha's pale eyes rested on him, not scared to stare him down. Osiris seemed like a capable wolf to join their ranks. Still Burke didn't know anything about him, nor did the other knew anything about these woods.

"And why is it you want to join my pack?," he asked. Burke was just curious, often they attracted a different type of wolf. The ones who liked darkness, but when those wolves joined they realized there was an actual family living her. They might be all a bit crazy or having their murderous quirks but they were closely knitted. Burke wanted to make sure that this male would fit into that family. He decided to at least introduce himself. "I'm Burke, and this is Black Feather woods. We have the room for more members, now you just need to gain my approval," he pointed out to the other. Burke was always quite direct to everyone. He wondered what the male was interested in and what kind of trades he wanted to pursue. It was winter now and they weren't going to allow any freeloaders.
3 Posts
Ooc —
Osiris had not expected that it would be easy — despite the packs that he'd (re)joined in his two years of life his own acceptance had been grandfathered into both of them both times. Of course being the biological son of Naga Veil Forests' alpha male did tend to help, and being an adopted DiSarinno, alongside the fact that he'd been chased out (nearly killed for his rebellion) of Flightless Falcons by Tyrannus had grandfathered his acceptance back without question. Yet, Osiris had apprehended his fair share of loners at the borders of both packs to know how the process worked. “The forest is appealing,” Osiris spoke simple, gesturing with his black masked muzzle towards the grim backdrop behind the alpha male. “and I am in need of a home, my previous home is nothing more than inhabitable ruin.” He didn't want to explain any further unless he absolutely needed too. Already the haunting images threatened to snake their way into the forefront of his mind. These memories were the furthest thing from pleasant and he had just moments ago managed to cast them away in favor of focusing upon his task at hand: earning acceptance.

“It is an honest answer, even if it is not the prettiest,” Meaning it perhaps might not fit what standard Burke was looking for. He knew nothing of this pack, though, and could not claim beyond what was his own truth in response. “I will learn whatever trades your pack is in need of, though I am a trained guardian and warrior,” He gave a pause before he admitted, “I have an eidetic memory and with proper training and knowledge my skill sets can easily be exchanged for others if necessary.” It had it's uses and Osiris wasn't about to dispute that; however, it's cons sometimes seemed to far outweigh it's pros. "I will do whatever is necessary."
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
It was clear that this wolf was out of a home and in need of one, now it was up to Burke to decide if this male was worthy to join them. Burke did like that he was honest, and versatile. They had a lot of mercenaries. They could use the Hunters and the Medics. Maybe that was something this wolf could focus on, if he truly had this specialized memory he talked about he could be pretty good with plants and herbs. Burke eyed over him, knowing that Cicero had some knowledge in plants and how to heal. "We are not in need of Mercenaries for now. Good to know that you can fight and guard," he returned.

Was he going to tell a stranger what they needed in their pack? Burke eyed at him for am moment. "We need Medics, and possible caregivers. Hunters are also welcome. You survived so far so I can assume you know how to hunt," he stated for the male. But he left some room there for correction, if he was a smart wolf he would not correct Burke and let him assume things. Often Burke worked with a two week policy, if they hadn't been helping out or keeping to their words Burke would just kick the recently joined wolf out. "Are you ready to accept me as your leader and do as I ask?," he questioned. Recently there are a few areas that he didn't like his members to be, it was all at their own risk if they would enter it, yet Burke wanted to verbally hear from the other that he would see him as his alpha. Then he could always fall back to this moment if a correction was needed.