The leaves are going to change.
Do not mistake my kindness for weakness, I am stronger than you know.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue Willow sniffed among the borders here and there. Leaving her own scent in some places, but mostly she just wanted to find some herbs to fill her stock before winter came. That and she wanted to fill some of the caches.  She was filling a bit lonely as she walked. Her mate was probably up and about, moving slowly she hoped. Her children hopefully being children, but also looking for some way to help the pack. Sometimes she feared they had spoiled them, but thus far Constantine, Casmir and Eilidh were all shaping up to be good, hardy, kind wolves. She was pleased with this. She chuffed quietly and placing her nose to the ground, she went off in search of a rabbit.
Hello Everyone. It's been forever.
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
(Just going to hop in this thread :) if that's ok)

Pearl had been in search of a snack when she caught the scent of Blue Willow. She hadn't seen Blue since the hunting accident, and speaking of which, she had only gotten limited information on it. She made up her mind and decided to see if the healer needed any help, as she used to help her pack healer when it came close to the winter months. The pale girl tilted her black tinted ears forward to try and find her. When the wolf finally came into sight, it appeared she was hunting, so she called out a greeting ever so softly, and trodded carefully to where she was.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
That's fine :D

Blue wasn't one to share all of her business with those that she didn't count her very close family. That was not to say she wasn't open about things or rude. She had just learned at an early age, that some things just belonged with family. She didn't mind aprising others of Lasher's wounds. However, she also wasn't one to say that it was touch and go for a while on cue.  Blue heard a soft sound and lifted her head. She turned her gaze to the girl in question and dipped her head. Hello. was her soft response, then she stood waiting quietly.

She wasn't sure she knew this wolf, she was new. Dante must have allowed her entry. Dante did that a lot. Not that Blue complained. But lately she wasn't sure how she felt in the beta female position. She was fine with allowing Lasher and Dante to do what they pleased, and she would just smile and nod. Healing was her forte anyway.
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Pearl could see that Blue was somewhat wary of her. When she reached the shimmering dark blue furred lady, she dipped her head and wagged her tail in a respectful greeting. "I'm Pearl, would you like some help? I used to help my pack healer collect ingredients in the fall, so I know some important herbs." She said carefully and quietly, as not to disturb what Blue was hunting. Pearl thought it strange that she had taken to calling her Blue in her mind, as if she were truly a part of the pack and had known her for some time. However, she had only seen most of the pack in the hunt, and much less spoken to even half of them or knew their names. 

As an afterthought, she added, "I could assist in hunting, also, if you'd like." Healers weren't often renowned hunters in her experience, so she might be of some use to the Beta. She looked around and sniffed the air to try and catch the scent of prey.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue calmed herself, the fur along her spine laying further down. Hello Pearl. I am Blue Willow. It is nice to meet you.

Blue listened to her and she smiled gently. She wasn't sure if she needed more help. Most of her stock was filled and she had gotten what was around, at least she was fairly certain she had. 

I am not looking for herbs at the moment. But I am always willing to take some if you should ever find some on your travels.

Blue Grew quiet and waited. She chuckled at the girls offer to assist in hunting. It was no lie that Blue was not the best at hunting. She could manage, and she often could take home at least one thing. I would like that. I was on the trail of a rabbit, but I believe I lost it. So tell me Pearl while we try and find another scent. Do you like it here so far?
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Pearl was grateful that Blue had been so accepting, but she silently cursed herself for not arriving sooner to help. Collecting herbs for winter with her packs healer was one of her favorite memories from fall. But there was an offer for hunting and conversation, which made her perk up a bit. "I like it very much, thank you. It's beautiful here, and you all seem really nice. I haven't gotten the chance to talk to everyone here, but it seems like we are gaining and losing wolves everyday." She said with a sigh. "I've been wanting to talk to Malachi and Eilidh, but I haven't seen them recently." 

She then caught the unmistakable scent of another rabbit. She yipped excitedly, then smiled at Blue Willow. This rabbit would be theirs.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue was not a wolf that was hard to get along with. She had never been. She did notice as she got older, she was more wary and reserved. Perhaps it was motherhood, she wasn't sure. However, she still was fairly accepting despite the wariness. Had Blue known the other had wanted to hunt herbs sooner she would have willing taken the aid. If anything blue was a prepared for most anything. 

Blue ears perked forward at the mention of her daughter and she chuckled. It is the way of life to lose those throughout the seasons. As for Eilidh you needn't worry for her. My daughter will be back, she is probably like her brothers and exploring. It is very beautiful here. I have loved it since I came here so many moons ago.

The seasons had blended together for Blue so she wasn't sure exactly how long she had been here, but far longer than anyone else in the pack anymore. Blue motioned for Pearl to lead the way and then she waited, ears perked and body poised to run.
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Pearl closed her eyes and nodded when the other spoke of the beauty of the Plateau. "Hopa makoceShe murmured. When she turned to the Blue lady, she saw that she had been given permission to lead. Getting excited again, Pearl sniffed the ground again, regaining the scent of a rabbit preparing for the winter months. Too bad he wouldn't make it there-they were on the hunt. Treading on the leaf-strewn ground as silent as possible, the pale girl and blue lady made their way towards their prey. 

Pearl spotted it first, hopping innocently in the direction of what she hoped was its warren. She paused, motioning for Blue to stop as well. "Let's see if there's a warren nearby first" she said quietly.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue chuckled and quietly followed behind the girl. Her eagerness was catching and she couldn't help but smile at her exuberance.  Blue stopped behind her and lowered a little closer to the ground. Her black coat rippling in the breeze. She wasn't hidden very well out here. Actually she was probably like an eye sore to the creatures that dwelled therein. Oh that would be nice to have.

The thought of more than one made her mouth water. It would be nice to be able to fill a cache themselves with just rabbits.
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
The rabbit was plump, obviously fattening up for the winter. It hopped slowly, painstakingly slow, but even the worst hunter knew that they needed patience. Pearl's glowing light green eyes followed the rabbit with every movement it made, and at the same time her nose was sniffing for more. Even if it was just the one, it would be a good catch. But even as she thought this, she caught the faint scent of at least two more underground. Score. She waited a moment longer to allow the rabbit to hop closer, to make catching it more of a surprise. With two bounds, she crossed to the rabbit and closed her jaw over its fleeing form. Only catching the tail, she swung it onto the ground, stunning it for enough time to enter the gaping maw again. Pearl broke its neck with a jerk of her head, and left the body there for the time being. "I think there are one or two more somewhere around" she said softly, looking towards Blue.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Sorry for the delay. My kids have literally been sick for two weeks. It started with tummy bugs, turned into more, then it turned into sinus infections and lastly ear infections. The weather needs to figure out what it is doing it's making everybody sick. Warm one day freezing the next.

Blue watched the rabbit, feeling her mouth salivate, but she fought to keep her inner beast quiet. As did all hunters before catching the meal. Blue followed behind Pearl though at a distance. When the other female told her there were more. 

She nodded, Do you want to find their two entrances and one of us make noise at the one and the other be ready to catch them at the other end?

Briefly her mind veered towards a hunt like that with Peregrine as he taught her how to hunt better. A soft pang of longing and sadness snaked up into her chest. She however stuffed it down. He was her brother, her friend, but his choices proved that they did not matter anymore. All that mattered was Fox.
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
No problem! I'm the oldest of four, so I understand the sickness :p  Roll for even: 4 

Blue's idea sounded good. Pearl stalked the scent of the remaining rabbits to their underground entrance. She gestured to the dark-furred woman to take the other side, and waited until she was in position. Pearl then gave a loud, sharp bark into the burrow, making it echo around and surely scaring the living crap out of the remaining rabbits. She trusted that Blue could catch at least one of the now scurrying creatures.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
I cannot remember how to do a roll.... 

BLue settled to her predator stance. Her paws digging into the soft loam. She waited quietly, her eyes narrowed and lunged as they came from the inside of the burrow. She grasped one and ended it's life swiftly, gently trying to herd the remaing towards pear so she could also grab one.
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
It's alright, I use the chat dice. The roll was for the overall hunt success, so no need for another one :)

Blue's efforts in herding the rest back towards Pearl helped somewhat, as she was able to catch one of the rabbits in her jaws, kill it, drop it, and barely grab another. Finishing that one off and watching the others quick disappearing into the ground, she turned back to Blue. "We make a pretty good team," she commented. "Including the one back there, that's four between us." A pretty good haul.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue smiled and dipped her head. That we do Pearl. Shall we deposit them all or eat one? She didn't mind either way. They were fairly good the pack anyway with their caches and their food. She was not fearful for this winter. It seemed to be mild so far anyway. It was strange to her the amount of time that it was not cold.
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Wrapping it up here if that's ok :)

"We can split one if you'd like," she said, tearing the rabbit in two and letting Blue take her choice. They both ate, satisfied with their efforts. Finishing her half, she and Blue Willow cached the remaining rabbits for the pack. Bidding her farewell, Pearl went to find her den and take a well deserved nap.