Phoenix Maplewood death of a naturalist
surma suuhun
355 Posts
Ooc —
I was getting ready to reply when I noticed Reek popped in but I just spent 15 minutes reading about deer migration/survival in winter so I am not going to pass this up. :P  And sorry there's still an introduction since he's coming up on them, haha.  And Reek, I assumed it was he whom greeted Ukko since you sent me the PM when I joined.

He caught wind of the Alpha he’d met at the borders and the scent of another he didn’t know and as he got closer, he noticed they had been talking briefly and Ukko hesitated approaching when heard the question the pup had for the adult.  The question made his chest fill with a sudden bit of pride for knowing the answer and the fact Reek did not caught him a little by surprise.  He was the Alpha of the pack, shouldn’t he know the details in how to take care of them in the harsh months of winter?

Ukko put the question away from his mind as he slips through the trees, wind shifting against him so they wouldn’t be surprised of his presence so suddently.

“A lot of birds tend to fly south when it gets colder.  Woodpeckers, some sparrows, and bluejays don’t, I’ve noticed.  Turkeys don’t either though I’m not sure if they’re native to this place or not,” he begins, hoping he wasn’t overstepping his bounds when his Alpha had come up short.  He didn’t want the child to not walk away without a bit of information.  “But lucky for us, deer don’t migrate that much.  They are harder to find in the winter because they’ll hide out in dense areas.  They don’t hibernate quite like bears do but they’re not nearly as active.”

He bites his tongue then, leaving the information for what it is.  There is more he has to offer, if the child wants to know—perhaps both could benefit from it if they wanted to hear more.

“Hey, Reek,” he finally greets, feeling awkward for suddenly coming up on the conversation he couldn’t pass up.  He turns to the kid:  “I’m Ukko.”
Messages In This Thread
death of a naturalist - by Sesi - November 10, 2015, 03:20 AM
RE: death of a naturalist - by Reek - November 10, 2015, 02:20 PM
RE: death of a naturalist - by Ukko - November 10, 2015, 02:35 PM
RE: death of a naturalist - by Sesi - November 11, 2015, 03:26 AM
RE: death of a naturalist - by Reek - November 11, 2015, 11:39 AM
RE: death of a naturalist - by Ukko - November 15, 2015, 02:53 PM
RE: death of a naturalist - by Sesi - December 08, 2015, 07:37 AM
RE: death of a naturalist - by Reek - December 16, 2015, 06:43 PM