Neverwinter Forest geeeet dunked on!
A dragon will never bow down
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Asterr remained alert as the boy exited the den, unable to miss the limp in his steps. It’d been awhile since they’d met, but she still couldn’t believe she’d found him in such a terrible condition. For some time, she’d feared what the outcome would be if she was unable to treat him correctly, but luckily things had not taken a turn down that path. She’d come across the hatchling just in time to treat him, and was proud to say she’d done a good job. Still, she did not actually voice anything of the sort, knowing her task had yet to be completed, and that arrogance was a terrible thing to fall victim to. Despite that, she couldn’t help but feel proud of the boy. He’d been strong in spite of what he’d experienced, and had been able to recover from his physical traumas—well, all except for his paw, that is, but that was still a work in progress. One cannot force a bone to mend, after all.

Noticing his struggle with tearing into the bird’s flesh, the yearling moved closer and pulled at the corpse herself. She was able to tear an opening into its body before returning it to Leo, hoping he would have better luck with it that way. It was easy to forget how young he was sometimes, and every time she did she would feel a bit embarrassed. Slowly, but surely, she was getting better at not making that mistake, but every now and again she’d slip up, just as she’d done with the bird. Thankfully the issue with the meal was an easy fix, and something she was more than happy to do. The more she could help, the better she believed things would be. Plus, she wasn’t so sure how much time she had left before he was ready to start hunting with her. That was a day she both dreaded and looked forward too for the same reason. On one hand, it was bound to be interesting assisting him in different methods of hunting, but on the other, she feared him leaving after learning how to care for himself. It was a silly thing to worry over, she knew, but no logic could get through her emotions.

Before she knew it, the O.K. was given to move forward with her question, and to that she smiled. Just a small upturning of her lips, but no less sincere than a full-blown grin. “There are times when I hear you speaking, but when I look, no one is there,” Asterr began, voice calm and smile remaining. She did not view it as a bad thing, but was curious of it. “Who is it you speak to?” Not a trace of negativity could be found within her tone, as she truly saw nothing wrong with the boy speaking to whoever he was. If her suspicions turned out to be true, then it would be a wonderful thing. If not, however… well, she wasn’t so sure what she would think of that, but knew she would still remain at his side. After a brief silence to let the query be processed, she said, “It is perfectly fine if you do not wish to tell me.” Interested or not, she wasn’t about to force Leo into giving up any information he wasn’t comfortable with sharing. “I ask only because I am curious and wonder if, by some strange coincidence, I happened across a child who possesses a connection to a god, just as I do.” The Draconid spoke as if what she was saying was something that would come up in everyday conversations, since it was something she felt at ease with discussing. She was not ashamed of her origins, nor did she detest the link she shared with the Dragon God. It was a wonderful thing, sharing a bond with a god, and something she would most definitely help Leo with managing if that turned out to be the case for him.

"Normal" conversation with Asterr, aha
You're a mirror with two faces
Two sides, simple as that
Thread titles are from Hyuna’s “How’s This”
Messages In This Thread
geeeet dunked on! - by RIP Leo - November 14, 2015, 03:30 PM
RE: geeeet dunked on! - by Asterr - November 14, 2015, 08:46 PM
RE: geeeet dunked on! - by RIP Leo - November 16, 2015, 10:39 PM
RE: geeeet dunked on! - by Asterr - November 18, 2015, 11:47 PM
RE: geeeet dunked on! - by RIP Leo - November 24, 2015, 07:39 PM
RE: geeeet dunked on! - by Asterr - November 26, 2015, 12:33 PM
RE: geeeet dunked on! - by RIP Leo - December 05, 2015, 08:18 PM