Neverwinter Forest life is strange
control
252 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Anyone welcome! I'd prefer someone from STM :)

Something felt odd. Very odd. He felt smaller. Way much smaller. All he could see was white and all he could feel was warmth. He knew what it was. His heart thumped hard in his chest with glee. Creamy paws poked out from under the white fur and Leo dragged himself out under. What he saw was extraordinary. Four bodies. Three grey, one white. He yipped with glee. It was his big sisters and brothers. The ones he had learned to love. It was Desna, Sesi, Nanook, and Xan. He couldn't believe his eyes.

Instinctively, Leo darted up to them, ready to cuddle up next to them and feel like he was in a family again. He dove headfirst into the little puppy-pile, but as his body came in contact, they vanished. Disappeared into that evil... dark smoke.

"No," he said aloud. Not again. They took them away. Those evil creatures. He could hear their evil laughter echoing in the den. "Naïve child," they laughed, "You'll never see them again."

That's when he woke up. Safe in his den. Eyes frantically searched the area. Could they still be there? No. They vanished. Who knew when he could see his family again in reality?

The boy looked down at his broken paw, which was now concealed with weeds. He was lucky to have Asterr around. A young wolf could have died, but she had saved his life. He wanted to return the favor, but how could he? Maybe in another time.

Thinking of Asterr, Leo noticed that the den was empty. Must be hunting, he thought, Maybe I could find her? It would be a nice getaway from being cooped up. Besides, he felt way much safer by the female. When she was present, the evil demons would leave him be. Maybe, they were afraid of her.

Leo stood, limping out of the den and into the open. It was cloudy, like most days are now. Not to mention cold. Still, he decided to move forward, limping slowly through the forest.
”the voices”
20 Posts
Ooc — Lucy
PM me if I'm intruding and I'll delete it :/
 Corvasa had been sleeping when she heard the noise. A small rustle of leaves. Pulling her head out of her wings, Corvasa went to go see what had made the noise. She swooped down, ignoring the danger of being on the ground. She hopped to the noise.
  In surprise, she found a small wolf, camouflaged between the leaves. With a frown, she hopped towards the small wolf. She didn't have the heart to eat it, it just seemed too hopeless. She ignored her instincts and opened her black beak. "Hello, are you okay? You seem tired."
130 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
The first rule of outriding: don't tell anyone about outriding. Wait, no, that didn't make sense. The first rule was probably something like definitely tell someone when you go out, but that thought hadn't crossed June's mind; her brain was like a sieve, dripping away precious information which slipped through the cracks. She wanted to be an outrider and impress her daddy - maybe find a cool place to show Mason - and that was what held her attention the longest. This thought that she could find some place of great interest to both of them and bring that information back. Except that she wasn't so mindful; she didn't know where she had wandered, couldn't remember her old paths too well, and the clouds above made everything gray and dreary, changing the color pallet of her surroundings so that she thought it was a whole new world entirely.

So when June spotted the dark blotch that was a crow, she squealed with delight. It was familiar (only so far as a crow could be familiar; they were common animals), and she distinctly remembered there being crows closer to her mountain home. But again, that wasn't helpful - they were common, too common to be of note in this place. But the pale girl still squealed with delight and bounded over, happy to chase the crow and try to make it fly away; it was a sudden game of great importance. Whether the crow left or not, June noticed something else as soon as she was close enough - a boy.

June dropped the game from her mind in that instant, and seemed to stare for a second, gathering her scattered thoughts.
"Who? Where who from?" Her strange way of asking who are you, how did you get here might serve to only confuse the poor thing.
control
252 Posts
Ooc —
There was soon a presence of a bird that came near. He watched wide eyed as the crow swooped down and landed before him. Those black feathers put him on edge, and the fact that the bird had spoke made him more uneasy. Immediately, the boy backed away, a cold feeling running down his spine. "P-please don't hurt me!," he whimpered. Certain that it was a demon taking the form of a crow, he became terrified.

That was until he heard a sound of delight from the trees. With it came a girl who came barreling towards the bird. Maybe it would vanish just like if Asterr would have come. Or maybe only she alone had the power to do so.

The girl didn't seem to notice Leo at first, for when she did she slowed her pace. The cream furred pup didn't move from his place. He was glued to the ground, surprised to see another younger wolf again. And for some reason she reminded him of Nanook.

At first, Leo didn't understand what the girl meant. There was a long silence until he answered. "Um... it's Leo," he started, "I don't really live anywhere. Me and a friend are just staying here until my paw feels better." He didn't necessarily think of this place home. Just a resting place.
”the voices”
20 Posts
Ooc — Lucy
Corvasa frowned. Not the reaction I was going for. Suddenly, there was another wolf. In alarm, she flew up, probably pushing the small wolf away. "Sorry! I-i have to go" One wolf was okay, but two was just too risky. Even then, her curiosity made her stay close. She camouflaged between the leaves, her violet eyes still bright. She perched on a branch, curios to see what happens next.
130 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
This who was Leo, apparently. When the boy mentioned a friend, June's ears twitched and pivoted forward, but then she looked to his feet, and the injury. She shook her head softly from side to side, as if her denial would make his pain go away. Maybe there was something she could actually do to help.

"Where friend?" She asked, almost coy, as she ducked her head and looked around Leo's figure; the friend wasn't right here, right now, so what kind of friend could it be? "June be friend too?" Her tail wagged, catching some debris, with the fur tangling because of it. "Leo come home, come with June!" Yes, that was a good idea! He could come home with her and get fixed up, and maybe never leave? Because then she'd have a new friend forever.
control
252 Posts
Ooc —
He sighed in relief as the bird took to the sky. Luckily, the presence of the other had worked! It was confusing though. If Asterr could make the demons go away and this stranger could too, why couldn't he do that himself? Why didn't he have any power against these creatures. Truth be told, he did, but he just couldn't see that.

Now that the bird was gone, he could pay more attention to the girl. Her tone was like many youngsters: excitement. Sometimes, he longed for his sense of happiness again. He was so unlucky to have his innocence taken at this age. "Oh, I-I dunno, he answered, averting his eyes in a different direction, "Maybe hunting." Either that or getting herbs. The dark female seemed to be very busy with him around.

Leo looked back at June when she asked her question. "Friend?" It has been awhile since he had a friend who was almost as young as him. He didn't even really know how to be a "good friend". But how hard could it be? "Yeah, sure. Ok." It would be nice to have someone his age to play with.

Small ears shot up at her words. "What?" Go home? Did she know where he lived? Did she join Lusa and the others? But, he didn't want to go back there! He just couldn't. Then again, she could be talking about someplace different. Besides, he didn't recall a grey child coming with them on their journey.

Leo let out a long sigh. "I can't. I mean... I have to ask Asterr first. She's kinda like my mother now. I don't wanna go if I have to leave her behind..."
”the voices”
130 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Her tail wagged a bit faster when he confirmed to be a friend - agreeing, more like it. But it stopped its pendulum motion when the boy said he couldn't come home with her. Why not? There were no adults here to stop him. He didn't seem very happy here. He'd be happy on the mountain with her!

"Asterr?" It wasn't a name she recognized. But that wasn't a bad thing. June didn't know many wolves at this point in her life. She had her father, her brother, and occasionally time with her uncle - but it would be nice to have another friend, even if it was an adult. The girl smiled. "Asterr too! Asterr and Lee-oh. Mummy come to mun-tan with June!" Whip whip whip went her tail, and she hastily retreated from Leo's line of sight, play bowing just out of his reach to try and tempt him out from hiding. Evidently she had forgotten he had some kind of injury.

"Lee-oh friend, follow with June!" If only she could get him up and moving. They could play all the way up to the top of the mountain!
20 Posts
Ooc — Lucy
I think we lost the posting order. PM me if I skipped anyone :/
 Tilting her head, she watched as the conversation kept going. The she wolf was bad at speaking, only saying words or phrases. The other wolf seemed confused and uncomfortable. 
  The more they spoke, the more curios the bird became. Who is this Asterr? How did the small she wolf get here anyway?
 If not for the raven's purple, twinkling eyes, she would have completely blended in with the tree. All it took was for one of the wolves to see her. Corvasa, not aware, kept her place in the tree above the young wolves.
control
252 Posts
Ooc —
He listened curiously  the girl insisted on him and Asterr to go to this 'mun-tan'. What could that be? Did she mean mountain or was it someplace he had yet to discover? Well, wherever this place could be, he couldn't go now. Not with a broken foot. And if the greyscale girl meant mountain, it would be an impossible task to accomplish. He barley knew how to climb a boulder!

Leo stayed glued to the spot, not sure to follow her or not. He wasn't willing to disappoint anyways. But either way, the playful crouch was tempting, especially for a pup who hasn't played for what seemed like ages. He tried moving forward, only to be stopped by the sharp sting in his leg. Tsk, tsk. Don't hurt yourself more Leo, the voices muttered. He whimpered softly, both filled with disappointment and fear. If his foot was not dismantled, then he would have been able to play. Play like a real kid should.

"My paw h-hurts...," he muttered, "I-it's broken, see?" He lifted his shattered leg slightly to prove a point. "I can't go." His eyes lowered to the ground, a sad expression on his face. But then an idea had came to mind, making his face brighten slightly. "Um, maybe you can come see me again? When my paw is f-fixed. Then I can do more fun things with you." He wasn't willing to give up the company of someone close to his age. He needed a younger friend to play with.
”the voices”
130 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Sorry, I made the post order get flipped around. :P

It became clear very quickly that the boy couldn't play - and she let out a sad little whine when he tried to move towards her, only to fail and falter. He was clearly in pain, and June wasn't about to make him do anything that hurt. She hussled closer, inspecting his paw when it was offered, her little ears flopping back when Leo explained.

"I come back." She confirmed with a hasty nod. Maybe she shouldn't leave until his mom came back? Leo was a new friend and he was hurt, and... Well, June couldn't rightly do anything to help aside keeping him company. She didn't know what to do.

"June go get help? Or... Or June come back later, we play?" Or both. She could see if anyone in her father's court would come and tend to him.