Stavanger Bay vikings mourn their dead
Won't you torture someone else's sleep?
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
Gyda's words about the forest made Krypon feel a chill run up and down her back. A haunting beauty, one that was yet to see. The first thing that intrigued Krypton was the red sap Gyda spoke of that dripped from the trees. What tree made sap in a color the resembled blood?

Hearing about the woman's culture for the Ravens, that made Krypton curious as well, intriguing. Ravens were very smart birds, hearing about the beliefs in honor to see the birds (as it was an honor from Gyda's God) was new. The tawny wolf didn't think much about those birds, she always loved their dark feathers though.

"They don't look very scary, their Ebony feathers are quite beautiful. Most most fear the color and I believe the call of the Raven." She was speaking the truth, at least what she remembered. Her family never really cared for the birds, except for hunting at least. However Cloud enjoyed looking at the birds with Krypton. 
Medic: 0/10
Guardian: 0/10
???: 0/10
with fire in her veins
262 Posts
Ooc — torvi
A soft smile played at the corners of the Scandinavian's lips and small though it was it was a representation that, thus far, she had enjoyed the company of Krypton even if, at first, Gyda had not truly wanted it. The will of the Gods was a strange thing, and while, perhaps, Gyda had only been graceful about the idea simply because she was a queen and queens didn't simply just lose their shit (deceased parent or no), she understood that perhaps Krypton's company had been what she'd needed. Else, there was no guarantee she'd have left Ragnar's grave. Her father had been extremely dear to her, was still a very important and iconic figure in her life. She couldn't help but perhaps only idolize him more now that he had reached what he'd always wanted: to fight alongside Oðinn as one of the best warriors hand chosen by Freyja's Valkyries. 

“I agree,” Ravens were beautiful, but given that she associated them with the most powerful of the Norse Gods she wasn't about to call them ugly (for they were not) even if they would have been. She could and would never understand the ill omen many seemed to associate with the birds but then again her faith did not allow such a thing. Death was not an ill omen in her culture. The worst thing anyone could do when it came to death was curse someone from going to Valhalla but few did such a thing. It was a horrible thing to do to a viking Berserker or Shield-maiden. Blasphemous, even, to forcibly take the decision away from the Valkyries who were the true power in the matter. Surely committing such a curse was a punishable crime in and of itself.

“I fear I may have taken too much of your time,” The viking queen spoke, her gaze going from her companion to the skyline before her bejeweled, pelagic gaze fell back upon the older woman. “You should return to your pack before they begin to worry,” At least, Gyda would worry but she had a tendency to be a bit of a mama bear when it came to others (no doubt a characteristic she picked up from Thistle). “You should come visit me in Ravensblood Forest sometime soon.” Whether Gyda would have a pack or roam it on her lonesome was currently a large unknown. Would Gyda have known which pack Krypton ran with she would have offered to come stop in on her but as she did not she could not make such an appointment and settled for what she did have to offer.
and armor underneath her skin
who crushes the world beneath her feet
Won't you torture someone else's sleep?
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
Last from me, feel free to archive or post. Thanks for the thread :)

The woman felt happy that her words had pleased the viking queen. She agreed, that was a good sign that Krypton had said the right thing. Her eyes stayed on the land around the two women, it was just mystic to her. Her ears flicked a little at the queen's words, worrying about the time that had been consumed in the tour around this land. Krypton felt very pleased with Gyda, she was very mannered to her.

"You're probably right. I should head back home." Her words were a bit somber for having to leave the woman behind, but she knew she would run into this she-wolf again. It would be a pleasure if she did. "I will be sure to visit you Gyda. Silvertip is my pack, so I will be very close to you. Thank you for everything." With that, the woman gave the viking queen a bow of the head and started her way back towards her home. The journey would take a bit longer since it was the middle of winter, but not long as it did when she visited the Snowforest Taiga. She felt excited that Gyda would be close. She'd be able to visit her if she wanted to.
Medic: 0/10
Guardian: 0/10
???: 0/10