Phoenix Maplewood A New Territory
Sometimes You Just Have To Believe
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Joining 
Spring pushed aside the memories of escaping Silvertip Mountain and how feather-brained she had been to get herself into that position there in the first place.  Now she was being much more careful.  She scented the air scenting for any other pack scents.  For now she could smell none.  Suddenly a force of tiredness pulled on her eyelids and with one last careful glance of her surroundings she drifted off into sleep.

Spring awoke after an hour, seeing she was safe.  Spring stood, feeling well rested now and energized.  She continued to pad on.  Scenting for a pack in the air.  She missed being apart of one.  Fifty minutes quickly passed when Spring finally caught the scent of a pack.  Making sure to not make the same mistake that she did last time.  Spring made sure to stay two feet away from the border for precautions.  Then Spring let a howl slice into the air, like a claw through the stomach of a deer.  Then waited Sitting at the edge of the border.  A little nervously.
surma suuhun
355 Posts
Ooc —
The call reaches his ears and his head pops up quickly, ears cupping forward. The amount of lone wolves in the winter surprises him but he leaves that question for another time, tucked away to deal with later. For now, he begins his trek toward the borders. He doesn’t expect Saena to show up, still injured, but part of him expects to find Reek there.  If not to greet the loner, but to watch him, make sure he’s capable and can make decision in favor of the pack and show his worth.

The boy licks his chops as he approaches, the form of a wolf in the distance. Ukko broadens his shoulders and lifts his head, his gait gracefully trekking through the snow. The silhouette of a wolf turns into features and Ukko can better judge the condition of the other.  Tired, perhaps, but he doesn’t expect loners hovering the borders of his home to be in tip-top shape.

“Can I help you?”
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Spring eyed the black male looking a little bit wary.  But her eyes were sharp and focused as she eyed the male.  “I’m looking for a pack.”  The she-wolf responded shortly.  Meeting his gaze as she spoke with clear unblinking golden eyes.  Hoping that looking this much higher ranked wolf in the eye wasn’t disrespectful.  But just in case she lowered her gaze.  Slightly.  Losing her brief eye-contact.  She stood still shoulders broad, adrenaline still pumped in her views from the encounter with Silvertip Mountains pack and that Alphess.  It had been partially Spring’s fault and she knew that, but the Alphess, had gone straight into attack mode.  It made Spring very nervous and wary of this pack.  But she quickly buried her worries, pushing them aside for now.  Quickly making her face appear expressionless.
surma suuhun
355 Posts
Ooc —
The wolf responds quickly, straightening her shoulders and matching his gaze.  Ukko growls, low, and shows his teeth. His own gaze hardens and his fur bristles. The dark wolf didn’t have a consistent dominant feel through his body having spent a while avoiding leadership but now, in his new home and new rank, the threat ran his blood hot.  “Doesn’t look like it,” he flatly states, snapping his jaws shut with a definied click of his teeth. 

Her gaze drops but his alarm doesn’t, watching to see if her posture would change for a wolf in need of a home. Tension eases slightly but Ukko doesn’t let it show, debating his choice for a second chance so soon.
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Spring slowly sunk into a submissive position, deciding that she appeared to be to aggressive.  Keeping her gaze on the locked ground.  Still not used to being such the low class of a loner.  A twinge of regret pinched her, remembering her first pack.  The pack she had loved.  Brushing it aside.  She tucked her tail softly between her legs and under her stomach.  “I beg you forgiveness.  I did not mean to appear aggressive if that is how you took it.  I can help your pack.  I’m a well trained healer and fighter.”  Spring tilted her head to the side exposing her neck.
surma suuhun
355 Posts
Ooc —
The wolf eased to the ground and kept her gaze averted.  His own eyes narrow slightly, watching as she altered her posture and exposed her neck, explaining her apology.  Her lack of etiquette in the beginning, however, did not leave his mind.  He’s only eased to a point, though questioning her trustworthiness remained in the forefront of his mind. It is then he sees the wound on her nose but on a loner it does not surprise him.    

“What’s your name?” 

Ukko remains stiff, shoulders back and head high. Her neck is still his focus, tongue flicking against the back of his teeth.
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
“Spring,” Spring replied.  Holding her position.  Hoping she would be able to cover up that mistake.  She didn’t ask for the black wolf’s name in turn.  Guessing that that could easily strike as an offense.  Her muzzle ached from the brief attacks from Zaria yesterday.  But she hid her pain for now and made sure to stay frozen in place.
surma suuhun
355 Posts
Ooc —
“Spring,” he repeats. A word often used for weather, time of year, and in some instances aging. His face eases up into half a smile as he thinks about the innocent confusion it would cause.  “I’m Ukko. This is Phoenix Maplewood,” he explains. A pack, despite his difficulties, he puts his life into and second guess his choices.  Even when unsure of himself, he can’t go against the things he’s supposed to do.  Spring corrected her mistake and seemed to be good at a few things, things to benefit the pack. A second healer wouldn’t hurt, especially with as much damage that has been done lately.

The boy swings his head around, expecting Reek or Saena to pop up behind him but, for the moment, it’s silent.  

“You will work to prove yourself. You mentioned healing and fight,” he decides to bring himself back, two trades he himself is working toward. They’d been set on the back burner for the time being while he gathers himself as a leader. “I expect to see you master these trades in return,” he adds his conditions upon acceptance and raises a brow to see if she’d accept the terms.
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Spring tilted her head away from the neck exposure position for a quick moment to nod.  Then exposed her neck once more. “I accept your terms.”  She responded.  Then added.  “And will work hard to prove myself and stop at nothing unless under direct order from this pack, Phoenix Maplewood.”  She stated.  “How would you like me to demonstrate for you?”  Spring then asked.
surma suuhun
355 Posts
Ooc —
“Good,” he tells her. “Welcome.”

Her question, however, gives him a moment to think. He doesn’t expect her to this moment, working over time toward the trades for the pack. A single act wouldn’t be enough.  They are a family and with help of the others, she’d easily be able to sort it out. “Get settled.  Get to know the land. Brush up on your skills with the rest of us and put them to good use,” he explains. Heal the sick and protect the weak. 

With a quick jerk of his head, Ukko urges the woman to follow.

734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Spring nodded.  “I understand.”  Then slowly rose from her cowering position and padded to Ukko’s side.  Avoiding eye contact.  “I have one final question.”  She paused for a moment.  “Are you the Alpha of this pack?”  Spring asked.  “Just asking out of curiosity.”  She added.  A new found happiness coursed through her proud of finally finding a good pack.
surma suuhun
355 Posts
Ooc —
Oof, my fault for leaving that out.  Had a rough few days. :) We can fade in the next post or so and maybe have a new one soon?

When she asks the questions, he jerks his head to attention and smiles sheepishly, realizing what he’d missed out during the introduction. It’s his first conventional joining and accepting of another wolf that he’s bound to miss a detail or two, and he’s thankful it’s something as minor as this rather than a misunderstanding of skill.  He laughs a little, softening his features and taking a few steps to continue his new pack mate. “Ah, no, sorry,” he says to try and lighten up. “I am the Beta.  Reek and Saena are the alphas. You’ll meet them soon.”
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
((That’s fine, I understand and sure thing!))

Spring nodded.  “Okay.”  She replied briefly with a slight smile.  He eyed the Beta, with curiosity.  Wondering to herself how he had gotten here himself.  But decided not to ask right now.  It didn’t seem like the right time.  Then curiosity just overtook her and she couldn’t hold the question back.  “How did you come across Phoenix Maplewood?”  She asked quietly, with a slight curiousness in her voice.
surma suuhun
355 Posts
Ooc —
Ukko smiles when she feels comfortable enough to do the same. His body relaxes, slightly, but he keeps his head high and shoulders back, though the tension eases to make his gait a little more smooth. “Well. I left my birth pack and began traveling and it wasn’t until I found this place that I needed to find my new home and it’s been that way ever since,” he explains. Ukko doesn’t like going into the details of where he’d come from, lashing out at Reek had been enough to work on forgetting it again. For now, he continues to lead the woman through the territory. “Come, let me show you around.”

Fading here! You can reply once more or just archive it (there's an option on the bottom right of the page). I'll start a new one soon! :)
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Spring padded off, after Ukko.  Ready and excited to see the territory of her new pack Phoenix Maplewood.   She eagerly disappeared into the territory alongside Ukko.

((Fading out and okay))