Porcupine Ridge A Potential Member
58 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Joining 
Illea trudged through the light snow feeling the sharp winter air cool her pelt.  She had scented a pack yesterday, but had been unsure of how to interact and attempt.  She had been traveling for over a year now and had found no packs since she had left her birth pack.  Illea found she actually missed being part of a pack, part of something, rather than the life of a loner she had once thought would be exciting and thrilling as a young pup and juvenile.  The female was surprised she had ever wanted the life of a loner, it was to dangerous and hard to survive without the force of a pack, hunting was hard too as a loner, all she had been able to catch for a long while was smaller prey like rabbits, birds, mice, voles, moles and rats, since it was hard to take on the bigger prey, such as elk, deer and caribou with only one wolf.  Illea missed having the life of being in a pack.  

Illea padded forward towards the border, but made sure not too cross, she still had not decided on how to try to join.  Without causing problems.  The she-wolf tilted her head to the side in thought.  Thinking up ideas.  Finally after about six minutes Illea found herself grasping one she accepted.  The she-wolf stood perfectly still.

Illea tilted her bright snow white head back.  Opening her maw, she let a loud clear howl into the cold winter air.  Announcing that she was beyond the border, but interested in joining.  Then she lower her head and closed her maw.  The she-wolf wondered if someone would listen to her call, but she assumed so.  Her first pack had always listened to howls especially the ones of loners and had instantly responded.  She would bet that this pack would do the same.

Illea found herself remembering the pack life she had experienced so long ago, and how wonderful it had been now that she thought of it, her sister Spring, her lovely pack, her family.  It would be nice to have something of that sort again.  Well if I achieved my goal.  Illea reminded herself in her thoughts.  Then sat waiting for an Alpha, or someone of the pack to appear.  Waiting...
287 Posts
Ooc — Kris
hello!

He was atop an outcrop when the howl rang out across the cold, quiet air. His ears flicked forward, receiving the message that there was another wolf at his borders that sought admittance into his kingdom. He extended his forelegs and arched his back into a stretch, before rising to his paws and descending the rocks toward the borders. He howled a quick note of his own to let all know he was on his way.

The white female blended in with the snow; he knew she was there more so by the threads of scent on the breeze than by the sight of her sitting patiently. He wasted no time; he gathered his legs into a brisk lope and approached with his tail raised and swaying, his head and ears erect. In his customary fashion, he said nothing at this time as he came to stop just a foot or so in front of her.
58 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Hello!
Illea slunk into a submissive position and made sure not to meet the powerful black colored Alpha's gaze.  Illea focused on the cold snow and winter touched ground feeling her paws cool and freeze at its touch.  But the young juvenile she-wolf enjoyed the feeling.  To her it felt l lovely.  Illea had always loved the cold much more than the heat.  She didn't speak yet.  Letting the strong black male Alpha observe her before she made any move or spoke.
287 Posts
Ooc — Kris
He wondered if perhaps word had gotten out of his expectation. Perhaps those he turned away spoke of their errors. Perhaps not. There had been a string of wolves that did not know how to behave in the presence of an alpha at his own borders, but fortunately the last few were far better equipped with sense and respect.

The black wolf shook himself, and along with a scattering of snow and debris his dominance was cast off. He stood before her then confident but neutral. "So what's your name?" He asked.
58 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Illea held her submissive position and answered in a neutral voice, careful to not betray any emotions, although the while female made sure to add a respective hint to her voice, as she was asked by the black male, probably an Alpha by the way he carried himself, what her name was.

"My name is Illea."  The pure white she-wolf responded, still holding the submissive position and now awaiting an answer from the Alpha looking black male.
287 Posts
Ooc — Kris
The black wolf nodded, and introduced himself. "You can relax. I'm Tagg, and this," he jerked his head behind him, toward the expanse of peaks that formed the ridge, "is Porcupine Ridge. If you're looking for a home here, you have to be able to pull your weight. You have to be useful." He lifted a brow as his questioning gaze rested on her pale face. Though he was far more receptive towards females, he would not accept a wolf by merit of their gender alone, and to his own inward amusement, he supposed Capriccio would eat his tail if he did.
58 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Illea relaxed her posture sitting.  Making sure not to make eyecontact with the black male, you said his name was Tagg.  Her expression brightened at the remark that she would have to be useful to the pack and be able to pull her own weight.  She almost instantly responded.  "I'm a skilled healer and I am also a well trained hunter."  Illea stated, in response to Tagg's statement.
287 Posts
Ooc — Kris
Last post for me :) I'll title you up!

"Great," he said quickly, hardly giving her a chance to finish the last syllable of her sentence. He wasn't looking for any more of an answer than her agreement. "You can prove it in the next week or so. Come on then, Illea," he beckoned, a swipe of his tail adding to the invitation to follow. "I'll show you around."
58 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Fadin Out Here...

Illea nodded following her new Alpha.  Crossing the border.  Into her new pack, Porcipine Rdige.  Excitement and happiness fizzed through the females pelt as she padded into her new home.