Swiftcurrent Creek I will grind your bones to make my bread [Pack Hunt]
<font style="font:10px Georgia;"><em>avatar by cj</em></font>
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Jinx had just returned from one last trek around the pack's southern edge. Though her stomach protested, the mambo was too proud to rely on the pack's caches yet, and hadn't had time to scavenge. The sky was growing darker by the minute. The sun was falling fast. The last thing the Kesuk wanted to do was waste her precious energy on a hunt whose odds were low. With fresh snow obscuring scents, and her paws unfamiliar with the territory, her chances of failing were high. Alone, she could do little good against anything that wandered the twilight, particularly while at a terrain disadvantage.

She had thus resigned herself to a hungry night, and retreated to the cover of the grassland. Jinx forced herself to be content with this, but of late her gut was violent in protesting these periods of fasting. No sooner had she circled her chosen spot and laid down, burying her nose in the crook of her hind leg and covering it with her tail, then she was up again. A grumble of discontent parted her mouth as she huffed, pacing as her stomach growled. So vigorous was it, she could almost swear it rippled with every sound.

This increase in appetite was no doubt the result of all her sparring and patrolling of late. She was about ready to call it quits on rest and accept a sleepless night when Njal's howl boomed over the silent creek. Throwing up her ears and growing rigid, the female paused a moment to listen before adding her own voice to his, to state her participation.

With that, she began the trek to him, and by the time she reached him, saliva had pooled in her mouth and coated her lips. Her stomach felt so hollow and yet heavy that the scent of prey on the wind was almost nauseating. At the same time, it was irresistible and tantalizing, and beckoned her to walk even faster. Her tail waved as she approached the Gamma, her lips pulling back into a grin signifying he was the leader here. He had spotted the prey, and Jinx deferred to him, despite any usual defiant pride she might otherwise have sported.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I will grind your bones to make my bread [Pack Hunt] - by Jinx - February 18, 2014, 11:14 PM