Swiftcurrent Creek I will grind your bones to make my bread [Pack Hunt]
ís & steinn ♔ hjarta & sál
583 Posts
Ooc — Java
Pack members heard the call and came running, which raised his spirits. Njal spent the few moments between his call and their arrival just watching the prey - it had heard his summons as well, and grew wary. Raising it's head and searching furtively for enemies. The wolves were collected away from it; first Jinx, who rose up from the snow like an embodiment of it's chill, and deferred to him as soon as she drew close. Fox came next and Njal felt the familiar tightening in his chest as his gaze fell upon her bright pelt. The fire that was so familiar. The last to arrive was a woman he had not met yet; a strange being who was like Jinx but smaller, and appeared drawn to the burly woman.

This was enough. If more came, then the job would be quicker. Njal wasn't sure if he wanted the hunt to be over too quickly now that he saw the eager energy within the others. With a grunt to draw attention, he motioned with his head for Fox and the new arrival - Clarice, although he wasn't aware of the name - to leave Jinx and himself behind. They could be quick and flank the target, they could drive it back towards the two of them. Njal glanced at Jinx and moved toward her, with her, as they wordlessly assembled.

For clarity, he voiced his plans. "Fox is quick. She will take you," a motion towards Clarice with a subtle flick of his ears as an apology for not knowing her name, "And you will chase. Given the chance, try to herd the creature towards us." A glance to Jinx, a glance away, and Njal picked up speed to follow after the target. If this plan did not work out then he would eagerly give another wolf a chance - his quarry was usually aquatic after all. The last time the man had hunt on land like this, was back on his beloved peak.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I will grind your bones to make my bread [Pack Hunt] - by RIP Njal - February 23, 2014, 03:43 PM