Swiftcurrent Creek I will grind your bones to make my bread [Pack Hunt]
<font style="font:10px Georgia;"><em>avatar by cj</em></font>
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Excitement built up in Jinx in those initial moments of biding their time, closing in, and waiting. From afar she could see the little smear of red against the snow that was Fox. No doubt Clarice was there as well, but the distance and the poor lightning made her difficult to see. When Njal's cry went up into the air, no doubt alerting the deer to their presence and spurring the chasers into motion, Jinx's tail whipped against her hindquarters as anticipation gripped her. Her stomach rumbled, and with that she was on the move, pacing to match the deer's erratic leaps and bounds as she closed in on it.

Fox and Clarice did their job flawlessly. The deer found a deep patch of snow and stumbled, hindered by its thin legs in ways the wolves were not. With their flat, wide paws, they could almost glide through deep snow. Their unfortunate hooved prey had no such advantage. When the deer kicked free of its predicament, Jinx moved in hard and fast, closing the gap between herself and the animal. She tried to assess the best way to go about bringing it down as she approached. There were many strategies, but in the end she opted for bleeding it out rather than the riskier method of going straight for its jugular.

To that effect, she burst out of the snow in a hurtling ball of snapping jaws, aiming to catch the creature's exposed nose to either turn it back toward the deep snow, drag its head down and slow its charge, or rip the tender flesh and inflict immense pain.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I will grind your bones to make my bread [Pack Hunt] - by Jinx - February 27, 2014, 04:50 PM