Blackfeather Woods Open your arms
6 Posts
Ooc — Caley
Joining 
Vinnie lowered her head to smell the border of the pack she chose. She was a very respectable distance from the border line. She tilted her head back and howled, notifying the pack of her presence. She had a strong, but immediately submissive pose. She didn't look scared at all, but she was aware of the possibility of this being backfired. She waited to be addressed by whoever, hoping to learn the ways of what she wished. She wished to be either a counselor of a watcher of the earth. She could fit in the pack, and their dark ways, she had her dark wishes, and her dark thoughts.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Popping in until @Burke arrives c:

It was a regular thing for him to patrol the borders, watching out for potential threats and keeping any foolish loners at bay. It was his job, so to speak, and he took a great deal of pride in his work. Tonight was no exception, his body having urged him to get up and trail along the borders. Though his coat stuck out like a sore thumb, he'd often felt he could use that to his advantage to possibly ward off those unwelcome without having to say so much as a single word. It'd saved time on countless occasions, permitting him to complete his rounds sooner than usually expected. Every so often, though, there would come someone who was not so easily waved off, someone he'd need to confront in order to rid his homeland of their presence. There were few who'd come looking to settle, and even fewer he, personally, considered worthy of stepping foot into the dark forest. Of course, in the end, he had no say in the matter of who was and wasn't accepted, but that never prevented him from letting the newer bodies know of his opinion on them.

As Kove was trekking along the invisible lines that marked the start of the pack's ground, a howl rose up from nearby. Immediately, his pace quickened, silently carrying his frame across the earth until he had the owner of it in his sights. It was then that his pace had slowed to a casual trot, though his ears were pushed forward and tail raised just enough to show he was a member of the pack, but not the leader. He'd lingered close to the borders, fiery gaze staring out at the woman with an unreadable expression scrawled across his face. The Inuit studied her, assessing her posture and overall physical condition to decide whether or not she was even worth verbally acknowledging. Once he'd finished, his gaze had traced it's way back up to her face in order to meet her eyes, silently warning her not to try anything. "Why have you howled at our borders?" he'd questioned, never looking away from her face. His ears, however, would discreetly twist back every now and again, searching for the footfalls that would signal Burke's arrival.
6 Posts
Ooc — Caley
The the girls was greeted by a seemingly high ranking wolf, but not enough to consider himself a leader. She dipped her head respectively. She didn't have a mind to try anything on a wolf that could possibly impact her future. "Greetings. I have come to your border to ask to join in your ranks. I am Vinnie." The girl had a fairly thick accent, passed down from who knows where, but she treasurerd it. She remained neutral with body language, and it was obvious she was being respectful of the land in which the pack has chosen. 

Thanks for responding :3
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
It didn't take long for Burke to respond to the howl. Another one. There were quite enough wolves that were knocking on their doorstep lately. Burke blamed the winter for the steam of loners that thought they were eligible to even join their ranks. Few would make it through. Burke trotted forward, his docked tail up. He stepped next to Kove, sporting the same red paw on his shoulder as  the alpha had. He gave Kove a nod of his head, a quick one before focusing on the female before them.

Burke was glad that he marked these part of the borders early this morning. The scent was still fresh and it showed that they guarded their territory well. "And what makes you think you would fit in this pack?," he questioned, stepped forward and baring his teeth a bit. Burke was just testing and prodding the stranger.
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
6 Posts
Ooc — Caley
Vinnie was greeted soon by another wolf. She dipped her head. When he questioned her about joining the pack, she would have to answer truthfully. "I am not afraid to get blood on my paws, and I actually do like getting blood on my paws. I am an assassin at heart and will quickly learn the ways of your pack. Of what I just offered is not needed, I work well as a healer or a counselor." She said. When the male bared his teeth she did not flinch, didn't not blink, she didn't have the urge to run. She stayed in the same place.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Hihi, Caley. Just a head's up, we follow a posting order system in threads here on Wolf (unless otherwise stated), and skipping someone's turn without permission is usually frowned upon. c: The new order would be Burke > Vinnie > Kove.

When the girl spoke, he'd found it slightly troubling trying to get past her accent. While the words could be understood, he'd wondered from where it'd come; and, more importantly, where the girl herself had originated from. Her answer was to be expected, however he'd given it just as much consideration as he'd do any other responses. Again, he'd silently inspected her, attempting to locate anything that could signify value. From appearance alone, he could see nothing that would allow her to fit within the woods. Her body was slimmer than any he'd seen before, which could be a sign of illness. Though he was far from being a medic, even he knew that such an issue would not be accepted for the threat that it posed. Sicknesses were awful, and the dangers they carried seemed to be amplified come the arrival of the cold season. Just as he was about to open his mouth in order to inquire about her weight (as rude as that might have been), the familiar footfalls of the pack's leader sounded from behind him.

As the tank of a wolf came up on his side, Kove returned his gesture with a nod of his own. It was a greeting, as well as acknowledgement, but the second his crown had reached it's previous standing his eyes were back on the loner. Another question was thrown her way, and the Inuit kept silent as he awaited to hear what she would say. It was the most common reason outsiders wished to join their ranks, going by what he'd noted thus far, which seemed to turn the response into quite the cliché. He took the moment then to step forward, but remained farther back still than the greyscale man. "Her weight... does it imitate sickness, or am I just imagining things?" he'd murmured, words directed at Burke. It was what most concerned him the most about the female, and he couldn't help but hope that he truly was just viewing things incorrectly.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke raised his chin a bit when the girl spoke again. He didn't look that pleased, in his eyes the girl was rather rude. She kept her stance, surly that was brave, but also stupid with two trained males at their border ready to rip one to shreds. Burke found that there was more strength in, for arrogant wolves at least, to submit to a leader than to be strong headed and work against that said leader. Alas, that was just Burke's opinion. Kove stepped forward to point out her skinny frame. He could only agree. She looked pretty breakable, yes. Plus with his children growing up in winter they didn't need a sick wolf close to them to be infected. No, Burke disliked the sight. She had a lot of bark, talking about what she seemed to be, but the image she presented wasn't showing that at all. 

"You have a lot of bark, missy," Burke returned. "First of all if you are 'an assassin at heart' then why not back up your claim with an assassinated body. I also find it curious that a wolf that loves to kill doesn't have the flesh on her bones to show that," he pointed out. "And don't go whining about it being winter because we had loners coming to our borders that were in a healthy shape." Burke had seen quite a lot of wolves by now with a lot of talk, and they always were disappointing. He had been leader for a year now and he was starting see which characters were like that. He got such a vibe from this female. "There is also no blood on your paws, nor did you say one word about loyalty. You only talk about joining our ranks, we do not take freeloaders and to me it seems you need to gain a lot of pounds before you are in a right condition to run for hours," he pointed out. Plus if she would patrol the borders what would a trespasser think? They had an image to keep up.
6 Posts
Ooc — Caley
Vinnie was surprised at the comments of her body. It made her self conscious, and frankly she thought it was rude to point it out. "My body is my choice, and I have the skills to fight. Weight matters in a fight, but so does tactics. I have no blood on my paws, because I cleaned up before I present myself to a pack, I thought that was common courtesy. I would not waste your time if I wasn't loyal, and I said I would like to be a healer or a counselor. Again with my weight, I can run, I am not sickly, I don't have a big appetite, nor does my body gain weight very easily." Her accent was thick, but appearing by their answers, they could understand her. She moved her body into more of a submissive posture. The girl was bugged that weight was this big of a deal. 

Eh, I'm really sorry about the posting order! It won't happen again, and I didn't mean to be rude! :(
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
It is okay! This time I have written permission from Kove to skip him so we can wrap this up for you! I'm sorry it didn't work out! 

Burke stood there almost amused by the fact how she was defending herself. She clearly had done no research to their pack or even studied them. She had washed her paws clean? That was laughable. They would have been impressed or at least intrigued to see blood. They preferred to make their territory with blood and she said she wanted to be clean? "We are not like any other pack," he pointed out on a calm tone. "We have our own sets and rules and I don't think you fit in our culture," Burke added harshly. He could be quite an asshole to strangers. 

Sure, she was allowed to defend herself but it also meant that Burke was even less inclined of taking her. She showed no signals to even want him as her alpha. "I really don't care what you think or how your body works, missy," Burke stated. She was repeating herself so that meant she didn't have more arguments. For Burke this conversation was over. She wouldn't stand a chance against the other pack members. The way she talked was strange but not something he would reject someone on. "Leave our grounds now," he demanded, readying himself for a chase if she was not leaving instantly.
6 Posts
Ooc — Caley
She was surprised to say the least at his choice of words. Apparently this pack wasn't meant to be. If this is how they treated each other, then this was definitely not the right pack for her. She flicked her tail rudely and trotted from the borders, back to being a lone wolf. If this wasn't her pack, she could find another.

-end-

That's alright! Thanks for the thread!