Lost Creek Hollow Two wanderers, same goal
Blitz
Joining 
Blitz had wanted nothing more but have the feeling of being happy in a pack once more. His last pack had been closer than his family and he wanted nothing more than for akali to be safe. He looked towards his sister who seemed to be thinking of something. She was probably wandering what the pack would be like. He knew he had been thinking about that as he came towards the border of their maybe new home. He just hoped he would make a good impression. He looked towards his sister before letting out a long and loud howl so he would be heard by anyone. He wanted to be heard and to be with a pack so bad. He was hungry and so was sister. They were good hunters but in dead of winter prey was hard to come by and at some point they might start to starve. He loved when he could provide to others and that kindness was shown back to him. He waited by the borders with his sister, waiting for anyone.
Akali
As akali came up to the border along side her brother she couldn't help but think of what the pack would be like. She hoped they would be kind and strong and she could make many friends. She liked being with her brother but she got bored and lonely when he would go hunting without her. She could barely remember her old pack but she knew they were kind and hoped she could the have same thing with this pack, except for the whole ambush thing. She was snapped out of her thoughts when she heard her brother howl, signifying they were there. Now she was overly exited and her tail became like windmill. She just couldn't wait as she looked towards blitz hoping this was a beginning to a good and happy life.
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
hello & welcome to wolf!

When the howl broke through the cadence of the ambient din, whatever Mordecai had been engaged in came to a stop. He was used to hearing the summons, but they were generally belonging to those that he knew. This one that he did hear did not fall into that category, but it was distinct in its sound in spite of its unfamiliarity. He departed for the borders with his reservations, uncertain of what it was he would discover there. The last few that had come calling at their proverbial front door had abandoned them without a word and in turn, it had soured his disposition greatly.

So when he came across the rather young pair lingering at the borders, his curiosity piqued considerably. The larger of the two, a male, also seemed the older one and presumably the one would called. As he neared them, his steps halted and his posture adjusted to denote his authority. This was but the first test of what were bound to be many in his wordless greeting and in spite of whatever paternal instincts were nurturing themselves to life, he wanted to make sure that he would not first waste his time.
[Image: warrior_master.gif] [Image: gamekeeper_master.gif]
Blitz
As the new wolf came towards the pair, blitz knew of the unseen authority of this wolf. He must be the alpha, blitz thought. Blitz got into a more respectful and submissive stance not wanting to offend the wolf. He nudged his sister to do the same hoping she would listen to him. Akali wasn't the best at following directions from him but she would listen if it was anyone else. 

As the wolf came close to them, blitz decided he would tell the wolf their names and reason of being there."My name is blitz and this is my little sister akali." he said looking down at akali before continuing."We're here to join your pack."he said respectfully.
Akali
Akali watched the other wolf excited on the prospect of meeting a new wolf. Her tail was going crazy and she couldn't wait to meet them. As they walked closer blitz seemed to change posture at mere sight of the other wolf and nudged her to do the same. He seemed serious and she immediately copied him not wanting to anger the other wolf.

Blitz seemed to say his name and also introduced her and so she decided to add her on input for at least a second."Yep that's me." she said cheerfully. Blitz also said they were here to join and she dipped her head. She was really excited to hear what the other wolf had to say.
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
Deference entered their stances as he lingered, the older of the two being the first to speak. He seemed smart, at least smart enough to jump right into things instead of sulking about his borders with their heads hung low. Of course, it had been a long while since he had encountered anyone of that particular sort and frankly, he hadn't picked up on them in quite some time either. But that did not matter now, and the passing thought was cast aside to hone in on that present moment.

"And what do you think you can do for us in exchange for a home?" he asked, paying the same respect to the wayward pair of youths. He would not dance around it or inquire about what had brought them there. It was evident they had been on their own for a while, more than likely scraping by as dispersed wolves were wont to do in the winter.
Blitz
As the wolf asked what blitz and akali could provide to the pack he knew the answer. They were good hunters and could provide themselves food when they worked together but couldn't defend themselves like a pack could. Blitz didn't want to make it look like he was overconfident though.

"Akali and I are good hunters but we aren't really into whole fighting thing." he said hoping he didn't disapoint the alpha wolf. All blitz wanted to do was at the least find akali somewhere safe to stay. He cared about her to much to let her get hurt or starve in the winter.
Akali
Akali looked towards the alpha and knew that they would have to provide to be able to become a pack member. She was proud of her hunting ability but blitz got to it first. He didn't go on and on about it like she would have and it must have been for a good reason.

She waited for the answer from the alpha and wondered what her brother was thinking. She hoped they could have a good life together in this pack and if they weren't accepted into the pack so be it. She would stick to her brother no matter what.
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
He wondered for a moment if it was his own appearance that brought forth the statement about fighting. It wouldn't have been an unlikely sort of thing, though Mordecai had hardly gained his scars because of a fight. Perhaps in a roundabout way they were because of that, or perhaps it only spoke of something in their collective history that brought it to light. He did not spare much time considering it, devout to holding his curiosities about the past at bay.

"All wolves are capable of hunting, even excel at it," he stated, "but what else sets you apart? Are you able to defend yourself?" Then again, one could have reasoned that all wolves, if pushed into a tight spot, were probably capable of defending themselves. But given their numbers as they were and his newborn children, Mordecai knew he had to be choosy. They could not allow themselves to be taken advantage of in the way that they had been.
Blitz
Blitz felt this wolf was being very protective of his pack and he could understand that. This wolf didn't seem to be impressed with hunting only and blitz wasn't happy about this. That was what he excelled at and though fighting was something he hated doing, he would fight if he had to. He decided to tell the truth instead of lying and saying he was a good fighter.

"Yes I can fight if I'm forced to, but I hate fighting. I rather solve things in a more peaceful way, but I can protect myself and others if I'm forced to." He said with a slightly defensive tone. He wanted a pack and wanted one for his sister even more. He would do anything to protect his sister and if they were both not accepted into this pack then he would learn to fight for his sister.
Akali
Akali felt that if she had said something maybe the alpha would have thought differently of their hunting, or maybe she only thought that because of her childish pride. Blitz had replied quickly again but Akali felt she needed to say something to and not seem like a helpless child who couldn't speak for them themselves. She could fight to but she was a much better hunter than a fighter.

"I can fight to! All wolves can fight if they aren't in a safe place." she said as if she were going to get a prize for answering right. She was still the child she had always been and she never thought she would stopping being her childish self. She knew some wolves changed but she would try not to, no matter what.
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
The defensive tone did not go unnoticed by Mordecai, but was momentarily sidelined by his sister's piping up. She seemed proud to chime in and that alone warmed his features ever so slightly. But it was not enough to deter him permanently from considering his decision.

"Fighting is different than defending, but it is good that you seek ways to handle things peacefully. I only ask because while we try to avoid conflict, we have had our moments when misfortune does find us." The bear, the cougar, those were isolated incidents but nonetheless apart of their history. "But if you both can prove to be loyal and respectful, I would not take issue with you joining us."