Blackfoot Forest la tâche tombe
26 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Private 
when you have a moment. >D

why had he done it! why had he put it into her pretty little head that she was to be wed? madeleine was in a fine froth, but kept her gait to an elegant lope as she set about searching the woodland for aaron. oh, despicable man! and it was not even he who would take her, but perhaps some stranger! could they not see she was a child? monsieur odolf had rejected her, but would happily betroth her to another.

as if she would allow such! pausing beside a lovely stream, madeleine tilted back her delicate crown and called for @Aaron, staring blankly at the waters as she awaited him. she had no eye for beauty that day, and sought to master the anger welling dangerously in her veins.
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
ooo. dumbass in trubble 

Aaron padded along the forest's dark trees, today's skies shadowing the territory even further. His blue eyes glinted in the little light that made it's way through, his tail waving back and forth. He thought vaguely of the conversation he'd had with Claudia, shrugging it off easily. He had promised her a marriage, but not until she was of age. He didn't think it'd really be an issue, and thought she would understand that he meant eventually, rather than right away. Soon, the voice of her mentor caught his ears, and he travelled toward the petite she-wolf. He reached her and stood silently, ears flicking with interest, waiting for her to tell him why she'd called.
26 Posts
Ooc — ebony
lolol

the man arrived soon enough; madeleine brought herself swiftly into his presence. monseiur aaron! what is this rabble that claudia has brought home, that she is to be married? and to a man that is barely known to either of us!" in a moment, she remembered her breeding, and tempered her tone into one of deference rather than confrontation. "she is a child!" the woman cried. "please tell me that you to not intend to hand my claudia over to a stranger?" 

monsieur," madeleine began after a pause, more calmly. "she is my daughter in all but biology, and these past months have seemed like years. surely you would consult me in regards to such matters. no matter what thoughts of herself -- no matter what claudia may have done -- she is a child, and very much a child within her mind."
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
The man took her accusations, but his tail flicked with irritation. "You do not think I know this?" he shot back at her with a raised eyebrow, rolling his shoulders in an attempt to calm his roused nerves. "Claudia is mature in her own ways, but too young to even think to marry," he replied to her, his tail still waving. "She will not be paired until she is at least a year old... and I had assumed that she would tell me when she was that old- she appears to pride the maturity she believes she holds," he added, sitting in front of the woman.

"Please," he sighed. "Tell me you do not think of me as such a fool."
26 Posts
Ooc — ebony
"of course i do not think you a fool, monsieur," madeleine sighed, settling before him. "but many a man has fallen under the thrall of claudia, thinking her older than she is. i would not hold it against you." she paused, her smooth brow furrowing once. "she will be a year in three short months. could a mate be chosen for her now?" the trepidation returned to madeleine's visage.  "pray, take her as your wife!" she sugested in a fierce whisper. "that way i know she will be well-tended. she trusts you to the utmost degree."
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
"She is still a child at heart," he replied with a smile, replaying the moment of their meeting in his head. The young man was a studier of expressions and actions, small details rarely slipped from his grasp. Although he had to admit, he was under the impression she was closer to a year than only nine months- the girl was a bit more grown than he expected. At her next comment, he felt himself grow wary, and he narrowed his eyes to the woman, carefully picking his responses. 

"Miss Madeleine," he began slowly, "I have already promised myself to another," he told her, tail holding stiff behind him. Amara had not fully accepted him as her mate, but he knew in time that she would agree to love him and to bare his pups. "I had not lied to her when I promised her the best man I could offer, I would never let her go uncared for."
26 Posts
Ooc — ebony
to say that madeleine was disappointed was an understatement -- her countenance fell visibly, and she felt despair enter her heart. and yet she could not fault aaron for her wants. it would be over a year before claudia came into herself and could be the woman whom the rosings alpha desired. and yet it caused her great despondency. 

"i understand, monsieur," she murmured softly. so her ward would not marry, and madeleine had no intention of allowing her to simply be married off to another, despite aaron's best interests.
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
Aaron nodded to the still unsatisfied Madeline, his tail flicking as he stood. He watched her a moment before his nose twitched, and he looked out into the forest, ears cupped forward. "I will not disappoint you," he told the women, if such gave her any kind of peace- although it probably did not. Without another word, the pale man nudged her shoulder kindly before he turned and left, not wanting to deal with the subject any longer.
26 Posts
Ooc — ebony
he left her then; madeleine clenched her jaw, but decided against calling him back. she would deal with this situation in her own way, came her decision, and she trotted away.