Ankyra Sound At The Next Stop
The Nightstalker
198 Posts
Ooc —
Joining 
Kelina trudged along to the next territory, miserable. She felt alone, more alone than ever. She had been rejected from the pack of her dreams. She missed her brother, his comforting ways, and his jokes. But he hated her, and she knew it. She could never go back to him, no matter what. Not after what she had done. She pushed it out of her head and focused on the present. She needed to find a pack soon, many were already full, and this one sounded nice. She was used to fighting and war, but she knew if she wanted to find a pack she must forget about murder and such. Kelina walked close to the Saltwater boundaries and let out a howl to signal she was there. She waited there, wondering if anyone would accept her. To herself, she thought probably not. She sighed and lay down, knowing it may be a while before anyone heard her.
[Image: tAPcmpF.png]
"I do not suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it"
grendpa
159 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
If she sought to replace her family, Kelina had chosen the wrong border to howl at.

It wasn't as though Vlad didn't try, but the wolves of Saltwinter had banded together out of necessity - they weren't related, and whether they would stay together when the thaw came was still very much up in the air. The pack attracted survivors and outcasts, none more strange than the salt queen herself - and most members were an acquired taste; even Rosalyn and certainly Vlad.

"Vat dees lump being?" A loud, brash voice asked. The approaching wolf was a scrappy-looking fellow, with big yellow eyes and a frightening grin. "Wulf meck sleeps on Salty Veenter peck lend," he enunciated slowly, assuming a wide-legged stance some few feet away from Kelina. "Vanting meck fight? OK! You stending now." It was difficult to tell whether or not he was joking.
#brutalmode4ever
The Nightstalker
198 Posts
Ooc —
Kelina looked at the wolf in suprise "Oh, hello. I am Kelina, I was hoping to join the pack?" She stood up, shaking her fur. She knew this pack wouldn't be like a family, but it was the only other place she could go to that actually had space or hadn't already rejected her. She waited for a response from him.
grendpa
159 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
She responded by introducing yourself - despite Vlad's best efforts to speak clearly. He snorted at her, then repeated himself at twice the volume and with no room for negotiation this time: "FIGHT. UNDERSTENDING? YOU FIGHT." Spittle showered the ground each time the Russian's leathery lips seized upon an 'F' or an 'S', and his ears were now pressed flat against his head. The past few weeks had been trying for Vlad, and it showed in the thinness of his patience.
#brutalmode4ever
The Nightstalker
198 Posts
Ooc —
Kelina tilted her head, slightly confused. "You... want me to fight? Why? Is this to prove myself or something?" She hadn't been asked to fight before, she had just done it. Now she was confused. Despite this, he wanted her to fight, so she lowered her body and growled slightly, getting ready to pounce.
grendpa
159 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
"Beeg god of creb een sky say ees fight time - how wulf not knowing?" Vlad returned, but had amused himself so with the thought that the words failed to sound catty. Nevertheless, Kelina understood his meaning - they would do battle to determine her fate (or not) as a member of Saltwinter.

Hi! Can you roll a single 1D2 dice? I'll choose 2. Create a new reply in that thread I linked, then type roll 1d2 with / right before the word 'roll' (no spaces) and submit it.
The Nightstalker
198 Posts
Ooc —
It was a rough scramble, but Kelina eventually gave up, panting as Vlad emerged victorious. She knew this meant she wouldn't be joining. She sighed as she got up.
grendpa
159 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
Vlad had other ideas. The scuffle (and winning it) had brightened his mood considerably - nothing like fresh air and the threat of teeth to keep things interesting! The Russian was practically bouncing on his paw-pads as he put forth one of his famous deals for Kelina's consideration. "Meck deal for wulf," he grinned, still breathy from their fight. "You vant being Salty Veenter peck? Vlad saying OK - eef you sewervant of me for.. helf munn." Not that Vlad had much true use for a servant (or 'sewervant'), but it would be fun to see how far Kelina could be pushed before she said or did something rash. "Thees gud deal? Helf munn - enderstend? Efter helf munn - wulf is free!"
#brutalmode4ever
The Nightstalker
198 Posts
Ooc —
At first Kelina was confused. She thought she had to leave? She had lost... 
She listened to his deal. She slowly looked up and said "Okay.... I understand.." At least it was better than spending winter alone with hardly enough food to keep her going, right?
grendpa
159 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
She claimed to understand - she probably did understand, but a wicked mood had been settling over Vlad for days, and he purposely left the term of her contract vague. Two weeks was plenty of time to put Kelina through her paces, and perhaps she would not wish to linger at Saltwinter at the end of her probationary period.

"Thees gud!" Vlad's was a true wolf grin. "You go now. Finding Bleckface." And without so much as a whisper of further instruction, he left Kelina to her fate on the beach.

Sorry for the long delay, let me know if you're still interested and I'll add you to the SW user group. :)
#brutalmode4ever