Sleeping Dragon Joining
86 Posts
Ooc —
Joining 
Lorne's amber eyes shifted about the territory as she loped towards it. It was a fairly new pack that much she had gathered from the other rogues out and about in unclaimed land. She had figured it was as good as any place to start. If she was turned away then she would try somewhere else. She knew she had some skills that would help her. She was a good hunter,she wanted it to become her trade here. In her old pack no one had a trade,most had just skills. Sure there were healers and science majoring wolves and caretakers and the like but no one had one specific trade. Just wolves you went to when you needed a job done. Personally she had been the pack's lead hunter as well as a key warrior. Here though she had no credentials and that bothered her. She wanted to be essential to a pack again. She soon neared the border. She may have been unpracticed in the ways of other packs but she knew no one crossed another's border's unless you wanted death or at least a major injury. So she was careful to stop a few feet away. She tilted her head back,her instincts kicking in as she scented the air. She could smell the Alpha marks upon the border and several others faintly on the wind. She opened her eyes as she tilted her head back. Her voice filled the air frostly as she called her intent to the pack of joining with them. That way they would know what she wanted before they even got here. She knew how impatient some wolves could be when a stranger came knocking. That done she settled into the snow and waiting,her orbs scanning the treeline for any sign of life.
with fire in her veins
262 Posts
Ooc — torvi
A howl rose through and sliced the frigid air of winter, though the caves inside the dormant volcano the Dragon wolves called home it was warmer, sheltered from the harsh winds and though it might have simply been Gyda's imagination she thought it might actually provide some level of warmth the closer to the forge the caves became. If Ragnar's stories were to be at all believed (and to Gyda there was nothing but truth behind the tales of their Gods and other assorted creatures) there were creatures called 'dwarfs' — like the ones that forged the mighty Möljnir — that resided within caves like this where the lava would burn their forges hot. She had yet to come across such a creature. Occasionally there were bats but despite herself she could not help but believe it to be true and that either they had abandoned the forge within the heart of the Sleeping Dragon or was gifted with invisibility (though she suspected it was the first). 

Or perhaps she was desperate to make a connection between her new home (as to which she was quite fond of) and Ragnar though she did not know if he had ever stepped paw on this territory. She had been exiting one of such caves when the howl had risen and thus made her way to where the loner awaited her. The intent had been made clear in the song that had carried to her. Gyda knew their numbers were swelling and very soon they would reach the maximum number of wolves that they as a pack could support. She was pleased by this knowledge, though. They had grown, though for a starting out pack they couldn't have been precisely called a small pack to begin with. While she had brought Hush with her Thuringwethil had not wasted any time seeing to recruitment during Gyda's trip south. As she approached the loner, her tail high over her back, her posture upright and elegant — leaving no room for doubt as of her rank — the Viking Queen did a double take. For a moment, if not for the size and femininity to the loner at their borders Gyda would have mistaken her for Hush. 

“Hello,” Gyda greeted with a soft authority in her tone, not unwelcoming but not overly kind either. She had watched Ragnar remain stoic upon his borders, though he'd hardly needed any effect of expression. His scars had been his intimidation point; and she found that wolves were more apt to take him seriously than they were she. The last wolf to underestimate her had ended up with his life blood pooling at her paws; but Gyda did not and could not expect anyone to know that. “I am Gyda Loðbrok, the Viking Queen of Sleeping Dragon.” She offered an introduction, first of herself and then of her home, and then fixed her icy caribbean blue gaze upon the loner, expecting her to offer her a name in return.
and armor underneath her skin
who crushes the world beneath her feet
86 Posts
Ooc —
Lorne wuffed in greeting softly as the larger,grey female approached. Her stance gave no doubt to her rank,she was in the presence of the Alpha or at least one of them. She dipped her head in a respectful posture as she was careful not to meet the woman's eyes. It would be a direct threat to her authority and would at the least result in bodily harm. She had noticed the woman was close to the same size as her,mostly muscle and had vivid blue eyes. She cocked her head to the side at the woman's name,doubting she would have been able to pronounce it. "I am Lorne of,well,the rogues,"she chuckled to herself,"I would join your ranks if you would have me."
with fire in her veins
262 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Actually Gyda's small herself so they're probably about the same height give or take c:!

While Gyda supposed she could not outright except full submission she was contented that the other female at least had the sense to show respect and avert her eyes. This appeased the shield-maiden though despite this her dominate posture did not ease. Ragnar (nor Dagrun for that matter) had never once, during the times he would allow Gyda to shadow him on patrol and during the joining application, had he ever let his dominance lessen and thus neither did she. The earthen colored woman before her confirmed her purpose, though her message had been clear enough when it had broken through the air to Gyda. The Scandinavian woman drew in a soft breath and let it out. 

“What skills do you have that could help you contribute your best to the pack?” Skills, trades in general were something that Gyda put much stock into. Though she had not stayed long enough to truly earn a true apprenticeship she had been Ragnar's apprentice in other things. In leadership — though Gyda was sure this was simple coincidence; what she had picked up from him hadn't been him teaching her but from her mimicking him when she'd been his shadow — and worship and according rituals to their Gods; both of which had been aided and further crafted by Floki and Dagrun.
86 Posts
Ooc —
Ooc: my bad,i'll make sure to edit that 

Lorne considered this,was it really considered a trade what she had learned in her time at home? She decided it was worth mentioning,"I was our lead hunter at my natal pack and one of our strongest warriors. I know little healing besides field medicine. I took care of pups at home,helping to raise them." She wasn't sure if that was very important to the wolves here who specialized in trades but she had some skills. It took years to become as good a hunter as she was.
with fire in her veins
262 Posts
Ooc — torvi
:-)

Gyda was respectfully quiet when Lorne spoke of her skills, of what she could offer Sleeping Dragon if Gyda saw fit to accept her. She claimed to be not only the lead hunter of her natal pack but also one of it's strongest warriors. Gyda was not one to judge harshly when it came to claims such as these — after all she was a prime example that another was never to be underestimated. She, too, was small but she as good a warrior as any large, bulky male. Ragnar and Dagrun had seen to that, though it was nothing short of her own ambition that drove her to train and to learn. Lorne spoke of knowing some basic healing, sounding much like Gyda herself in that respect — which was something Gyda was glad for. She felt that all wolves should have some offhand, basic knowledge of medicines. It could be the difference between something minor becoming something major and life threatening; it was also shared that she aided in raising pups in her natal pack as well.

“I see,” The shield-maiden drew in observation, assessing her once more. “We are in need of hunters and one can never have too many warriors,” Thus far, Gyda saw no reason to keep her from joining their ranks. “you will have to prove yourself worthy and earn those trades.” Gyda warned her, so that it was clear that she, like everyone else, would have to start from the bottom and work her way up.
86 Posts
Ooc —
Lorne nodded at the woman, she knew coming here she would begin at the bottom of the heirarchy. She didn't blame them,they didn't know her. She was fine with being a Kappa or any other position they placed her in. "I understand. I will be whatever your pack deems fit,"she told Gyda sincerely. She was willing to work hard for her trades.
with fire in her veins
262 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Lorne spoke that she was willing to be whatever the pack needed. The woman before her appeared to be sincere and for now that was enough for the shield-maiden. Time would tell if Lorne could back up her words with actions and if the earthen colored woman could or would not deliver she would be finding herself on the hunt for another pack. It was truly as simple as that. Sleeping Dragon had no room for wolves that did not pull their weight and Gyda would not be the one to support dead weight. A pack was a team ...a family and they all needed to play their part in order to survive. “You will start as Kappa. As long as you contribute and are an active member of this pack you are welcome.” Gyda did not feel the need to say what the opposing side that was for in the Scandinavian's mind it was clear enough implied and did not need to be vocalized. “Come, I will give you a tour and when it is finished I suggest seeking out Heda. She rules beside me.” And Thuringwethil's voice was just as powerful and to be heard as Gyda's own.
86 Posts
Ooc —
"Thank you,"she told the queen. She was truly grateful for a chance to prove her worth. She understood the threat laced in Gyda's words,it was clear that she would find no slack here. That was fine with her,she had always been a hard worker,no one handed anything to her at home even if the pack consisted of a large close-knit family. She had worked hard to become Beta,beating her brothers for the right to rule beside her parents. If they expected hard work she would give it to them. She was surprised to hear that there were two female Alphas,wondering if they were lovers. She supposed she would find out later. For now she trailed behind the queen so that she might be introduced to her new home.