Herbalists' Cache cthulu dawn [m]
i was born to the witch boleyn
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Private 

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: sensuality!

@Ayishik <3 just tagging the others for IC/OOC visibility

since blue willow had returned from saltwinter, her stores of herbs were rather low. the appointment of a second leader allowed the druid the freedom he wished to range far -- while eilidh, raven, or aria would be more skilled at the task, he could not spare them from the pack at this time, not with snow upon the ground. it would be a small handful of days before he was able to return. 

with a howl to @Dante, @Blue Willow, and @Aria to alert them of his departure, taltos set off, armed with his minute knowledge. his travels took him beyond the edge of night, where he was forced to seek shelter until the sun rose once more. a grotto, emerald and inviting, an oasis in the morass of snow and ice, soon drew him aside, and as he entered, the scent of herbs flared into his nostrils.

he was not far from the hollow -- his heart ached for luke, but it would be another day's travel with the drifts, and lasher could not spare the time. with a heavy countenance, the man began to search for the dark leaves and sprouting plants he would bring back to donnelaith.
fallen prince
157 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Thank you vair for starting~

The morning was so bright it felt like a strain to the eyes until cloudcover offered sweet relief. Ishi, who had fur brighter still, padded down a low slope into the forest. He had been travelling for what felt like minutes (it had been that fun!) but it had actually been quite the number of hours, on and off. See, the boy was training to be a Scout, and that involved a hell of a lot of scouting. He had spent time in Lost Creek Hollow to establish himself as a packmate, even making friends along the way, but he'd only been there a few days before he decided to go on a proper big journey... and this was it.

The youth was met by perfumes he'd never smelt before. It seemed that even in Winter there were natural treats round every corner in this forest, little snow blossoms and sweet-smelling leaves — and some not-so-sweet smelling. Ishi imagined that in the Summer this place would be alive with heady colour, but for now it served to be a curiosity in the heart of the cold months. But there was something else here too. Something he couldn't quite see but for the dipped curvature of dark muscle — a stranger with his muzzle low and searching.

Hello? he uttered, voice quite calm and chirpy but not entirely confident. He was a long way from safety...
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
ofc! <3

lasher murmured the names of the plants unto himself as he plucked leaves and dug roots from beneath the snow, setting each bit of greenery aside in small piles. the secluded nature of the small clearing had protected it somewhat from the elements, and made for less ice and wetter ground. it was however preferable to excavating large amounts of the pearlescent drifts.

presently, lasher was greeted by a voice, one filled with youth and affability. the druid paused for a moment, glancing toward his carefully collected stores. this was a place of shared knowledge, and the plants did not belong to him, but he loathed the threat that one might attempt to take that which he had gathered.

yet the mannerliness of the druid won over his fears; "hello," he greeted in his softly accented tones, deciding at that moment he would be able to defend his hard-earned roughage against a young creature.
fallen prince
157 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Like when he'd been greeted by the Alpha Male on the borders of Lost Creek Hollow, Ishi felt a strange little thrill in the region of his chest — could it be called a thrill? Maybe it was a tinge of fear, though he didn't think it was such. It was essentially the feeling he got when a strong healthy male was near, and Ishi imagined this had something to do with instinct. It was nice though. Was instinct usually nice?

Anyway, this ebon wanderer had distracted the boy from his surroundings. Ishi felt like he shouldn't look the wolf in the eye, and so followed his senses and kept his bright golden gaze roaming around the area instead. It flickered back to the male for a moment. I know I'm just a stranger, but I was wondering if there's anything you can tell me about this place. It's curious. His effeminate voice was a little nervous. He was very rarely nervous.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
the boy came into view; he was a young, hale beast, full-cloaked in a magnificent pelt of palest white, and while his eyes were diverted, lasher saw the features that were not wolf, and how they melded seamlessly with that which were. small in stature, taltos beheld the flash of gold upon the other's features. very lovely indeed. "it is my first visit," he murmured in an apologetic tone, granting the boy a gentle smile. "i have come here to gather herbs. have you knowledge of these plants?" 

the druid made an expansive gesture, motioning the other closer with an affable wave of his plume.
fallen prince
157 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Ishi nodded as if to say it's my first visit too, but the words didn't come out. It wasn't that he was nervous exactly (or maybe he was? He'd never been proper nervous before), it was more that this stranger was of a sort that made him want to be at his best. A deep, strange voice came from the older male, he held himself with smooth authority, and he spoke in a formal way. All this resulted in Ishi trying to be on his very best behaviour.

Not really, sir, he admitted, gazing briefly around at some of the wilting but potent plants around them. But if you're trying to find one with a particular look or smell then... then maybe I could help? Helping was a well-behaved thing to do, right?
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
he sensed the other was rather tense, but lasher knew of no way better to alleviate such than affability. "that would be welcome aid indeed," he murmured agreeably. he had already found the plants blue willow needed to restore her supplies, but of course he would humour the boy. not far from the pair, a small patch of peppermint grew in the lee of a pine. "i am looking for a little plant with green leaves. it has a refreshing scent, and a spicy taste if one bruises a leaf with their lips."
fallen prince
157 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Ishi looked a little out of place in this rugged woodland, being all soft and silken and glowing like a snow angel, but this man seemed to fit right in — he was cool and earthy, a shadow in the forest. The boy found him very interesting, and felt an instinct to appease him. I'll have a look, he said gladly, and immediately padded off on a search in the immediate vacinity.

But he couldn't help asking questions as he did so. Your accent's so interesting... I'm sure you've heard that before. But where are you from, if you don't mind the question?
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
the cherubic little creature immediately acquiesced, though his dulcet tones piped with a question lasher had not heard in some time. thus a smile curved his lips; he moved to settle himself where he stood, comforted by the scent of the loam and the fragrance of the earth below. "i come from a glen called donnelaith," lasher rejoined. "it is also the name of the coastal pack i lead." 

nares flared; he took in the hollow's comforting perfume wafting from the boy, and was reminded of luke instantly, a pang of wanting thrusting itself into his heart.
fallen prince
157 Posts
Ooc — Ells
As distracted as he was by the swarthy wolf that so intrigued him, Ishi was also finding it rather easy to track down the plants he was looking for. The smell led him a mere few metres away, and he smiled down at the little green plants, which were dull but sharply sweet to the nose. He realised quickly it was peppermint.

Oh I had a feeling you were an Alpha! he got distracted yet again just before he was about to pluck the peppermint, gazing round at the older male and seeing him instantly as a leader.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
lol he's so cute

the boy soon happened upon the plant that lasher had described -- he smiled, and his mouth curved with amusement, meeting the eyes of the little seraph. "is that so? what brought you to such a conclusion?"  he lay himself down in the soft loam and watched the child.

"perhaps you may also guess my name," he teased, a small shaft of cold sunlight lifting the emerald into his eyes from the murkwater depths of their usual colour.
fallen prince
157 Posts
Ooc — Ells
:3 He's a floof is what he is.

The tip of Ishi's snowy tail flickered thoughtfully at the question and challenge both, gazing at the male as he pondered. You look like a leader, he concluded. And sound like one. A wise one. He had an awesome voice, to be honest. Almost the stark opposite of Ishi's sweet, airy tones. As to your name... he turned his back on the peppermint leaves this time, leaving them forgotten. Axel? Oaken? Baldr?
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
an adorable floof

the child was quite flattering, and lasher felt the earlier vexation of aria's words lift from his soul. "i rather like the sound of what you are saying." to the pearlescent wolf's guesses, the druid only shook his muzzle slowly in the negative. "sadly, no. but i shall tell if you give me your own title first," he continued, eyes dancing with the pleasure of their little game. so few diversions he had these days.
fallen prince
157 Posts
Ooc — Ells
>:3

Something small and curious sang in his heart, quite sharp and high-pitched. Like a touch he'd never felt before. It was, perhaps, simply intrigue — the rugged male was distracting him more than he'd ever been distracted. And, of course, Ishi went with it.

Ayishik Zonnetje... he replied obediently, but he trailed off somewhat. He'd been intending to automatically give his nickname "Ishi" as he usually did, but he was even keener to hear what the fascinatingly mysterious Alpha would call him.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
it was an exotic title indeed, bespeaking pink blossoms and the sound of a lyre. lasher repeated it with only a bit of hesitation, rolling the foreign syllables about on his tongue. "Ayishi," he said again, removing the sharp endpiece, softening it to fit the angelic features of the child. "how fitting."

"i am lasher, also called taltos. they are both my names, and to both i shall answer. come," he invited, motioning to the space alongside himself. "tell me of how you came to be in this place, and at the hollow."
fallen prince
157 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Ishi could not help but smile at the nickname he was given, though was unaware he was doing so. This male — this Lasher, Taltos with the curious accent — made him unaware of himself quite a lot.

It was very mysterious that he bore two titles that seemed not to resemble each other at all. Lasher... Taltos... which was more apt? What did they mean? And now that he knew these names, no others would fit.

I've... he began, but paused as he realised suddenly that Taltos must have sensed Lost Creek Hollow upon him. What an apt and alert creature. I've only been at Lost Creek Hollow a matter of days, he confessed as he moved silently to linger at the other's side. Next to him, Taltos seemed huge and looming. I left my old pack to go out and make my own way in the world, by, you know, earning a pack of mountain lions, and as soon as I was accepted into the Hollow I realised I wanted to be a Scout and explore places like this forest.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
the lovely, innocent smile that lit the boy's features provoked the same from lasher; ayishi came 'round and settled alongside the druid, speaking as he did so. the nearness of the beautiful creature was quite pleasing to the man, but he made no obvious show of it, content merely to gaze with a lingering eye upon the young cherub. "you seem fitted for the role. inquiring, quick-minded. the hollow must be blessed to have you in their ranks."

but even as he lightly flattered the boy, lasher thought of luke, and his heart ached for the touch of his lover. he wondered how the pale beta fared, and pondered briefly asking the pearlescent boy to deliver a message. ultimately deciding against it, for he did not know if luke kept such interludes silent, lasher turned his attention more fully to ayishi.
fallen prince
157 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Ishi was not normally a shy creature — most often he loved just springing around like a silly nutcase, making friends and jokes, falling short of being a clown but certainly being a light-hearted boy who seized the day. But Taltos was making him shy. It was, he felt, due to the middle-aged wolf's rather intense attractiveness. Everything from his strong, swarthy body to the deep dark wisdom in his eyes and voice. It made Ishi feel... funny.

And so he didn't reply to Taltos' compliments as smoothly as he would've liked. I erm... I don't know about that...
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
"i do," taltos rejoined, beginning to enjoy this game of flattery, of confounding the boy until the heat rose to his cheeks and he stammered. "a beautiful creature as yourself must learn to know it, and use it to your advantage. wolves will listen to those who are lovely, and let themselves be commanded." his eyes found the gilt gaze of the child; the druid held it comfortably.
fallen prince
157 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Cogent thought had ground to a halt, so exceptional and otherworldly was this encounter. Ishi thought not of Scouting or cougars or peppermint — his bright golden eyes gazed up with fascination into the steely ocean eyes of the dominant male. How? he breathed, meaning everything and nothing all at once.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
lasher looked into the eyes of the boy, and saw therein the thrall, the admiration. it did much to soothe the sting of aria's rejection -- she wished for his son, and this he would not hold against her, for indeed he was an ageing beast. but this child of gold and pearl looked upon him as if he were two years younger, filled with vim and vigor. taltos took a small amount of pride in his continuing virility and haleness, despite the spackling of white hairs along his muzzle.

"you must surround yourself with those who believe it, and those who see it. from their attentions you shall draw your confidence." lasher smiled into the face of the boy alongside him, and so began his seduction -- inadvertent or deliberate, he did not truly know.
fallen prince
157 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Ishi had always thought he did have confidence. Sometimes he even dared to border on a playful kind of cockiness, but he'd certainly never been self-depricating or overly shy. Life was for living, after all. For grabbing. But he'd never grabbed this kind of feeling before... mainly because he wasn't entirely sure what it was. All he knew was that it felt good — he could have confidence in that knowledge, at least.

With his heart thrumming against his chest, the youth looked up into the alluring leader's deep eyes and there saw the miracle of new possibility.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
the gilt gaze was uplifted to him; lasher felt a stirring in his breast that had long since been dormant. his heart fanned itself within the cage of his ribs -- he let his gaze grow misted with the thoughts he kept unspoken, but if allowed, he would lean forward slowly to let his lips trace slowly the line of ayishi's jawbone.
fallen prince
157 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Somewhere inside, Ayishik did know what was going on. He was only innocent in conscious thought. He followed his instinct and the allure of his mentor, and that touch was powerful for such a gentle one. It acted as a trigger almost, and Ishi pressed his own soft muzzle lightly to the side of Taltos' sinuous neck, a shaky sigh betraying his desires.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
the boy responded in turn -- his quivering sigh feathered through the fur along lasher's throat, and he in turn dipped his own muzzle to kiss the base of one pale ear. his touches were light, traveling without expectation -- there was room now for ayishi to draw away, to gather himself, or consent through way of his body's want to more of what the druid offered.