Emberwood It is a truth universally acknowledged
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
All Welcome 
!! Anyone welcome but Aaron is on the hunt for some wolves to follow him <3 I keep accidentally typing she.... so glad i finally got a male character. 

Surely this was the perfect place to settle. Ah- Aaron could see it now. A magnificently handsome mate and a litter of pale children tumbling around them. It was such a sight to see, and he could almost grasp the image it was so crystal clear in his mind... But alas, it was not so... not yet. The man smirked, holding his posture high. He would make it so, and as far as he was concerned there were no flaws in his plan.

Find some loyal wolves, seduce them with his charm into following him, bam- pack made. Find a beautiful woman, seduce her with his charm into loving him, bam- sex had. It seemed quite easy to him, for now he only needed to find one of the above.
27 Posts
Ooc —
I realize my post may be an obstacle
There were dead trees as far as the eye could see. Sofi had followed a strong odour from a spent carcass from about a mile away. She had scrambled to what turned out to be little more than skin and bones of a small deer. Ravens had picked nearly all of it clean long before she had gotten to it. Nevertheless, Sofi pulled at the dried remains and took what little nutrition she could gather from it.

Footsteps sounded from a distance and Sofi heard a large animal approach. Though upwind from it, she feared it may be a wolf. Her ears turned forward and her eyes widened towards the sound. Curious, as usual, she decided to seek out the animal. 

No matter how hard she tried to stay quiet, the frozen earth beneath her feet made noise as she moved. A lump formed in her throat and she peered from behind a dead aspen tree at the noisemaker. It was a wolf, as she suspected. She still wasn't sure what to do about such a large population of these creatures. Were they friend, or foe? He was at least three times her size. 

Loneliness pushed her to speak. "Hello..?"
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
oh you're fine. (:

It was now that he discovered he was being followed. His ears perked and his nose twitched as the scent of a small creature filled his nostrils. It wrinkled, and he turned as the thing approach. He stared it down silently for a moment, not appearing the most friendly beast in the world. "You, dare I say, are not who I am looking for," he said lowly, his eyes dialating as they looked upon her. But he made no notion to attack, and truthfully he could care less for spilling random blood upon his soon to be home. Perhaps it was not a wolf, but he was not a heartless guy.

"I request your name," he demanded, his shoulders straightening as he reminded her of his dominance over her.
27 Posts
Ooc —
The brazen stare of the wolf hit her like a brick. She shrunk down immediately into little more than a pile of fur with eyes. Her bones ached with exhaustion as she bent the knee to him, still recovering from the journey here.

Sofi refused to look at the beast any more than she already had. She feared his blue eyes would pierce her right through her thin body. He had a strong, male musk to him, flush with testosterone. Sofi wondered if the female wolves were in heat this time of year. Her own body was too weak to support a batch of pups, so she would likely not have a heat at all this season.

He wanted her name. She gave it without question, staring at the ground between her front feet.
"Sofi Ionescu," she stated, her voice quivering like a chill.

She peered up at his cold eyes, still pointing her nose down. "Who are you looking for...?"
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
She was intimidated by him, and rightfully as well. She appeared old and quite raggedy, he could've easily destroyed her had she shown any disrespect towards him; he did not deal with disrespect. But she appeared to have had enough, and he gave her a gentle smile as she asked who he was looking for. 

"Ah, Sofi," he mused to her, sitting in a more relaxed position. "A wolf," he replied, "One quite unlike yourself- coyotes are not usually valued as pack members," he explained. The comment was a bit rude, but he didn't really care. He was above her, and much better than her. She would need to understand this if she was going to go through life. 
27 Posts
Ooc —
Sofi realized he was looking for other wolves. He relaxed, but it took her a good minute to soften her own stature, and even then she was curled over. His next comment made her look to the side awkwardly.

"Oh.." The wolf's clear dislike of her kind made her sad, somehow.

Was it because she was too small? That seemed like the most likely culprit. Even if she was naturally a larger animal, Sofi was not in a good position to support other pack members. She had lost a lot of weight on the way here, and could barely summon the will to live on a daily basis. 

"Is it a girl or a boy?" She asked, thinking she might be able to help him look for the wolf. "The wolf you're looking for, I mean."
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
Somehow, the coyotes sadness that he disliked her kind surprised her. She looked old, most wolves didn't like coyotes. They scavenged off others kills and often stole from caches... Surely she didn't think he would ask her to be part of his pack, did he? He let out a chuckle at his thoughts, but did not communicate them to her. She didn't deserve that knowledge.

Then, the woman asked about this wolf he sought, and again he chuckled. "Does it matter?" he asked, eyebrow raising slightly. "My sweet Sofi, I am actually planning on creating my own pack. Whoever wishes to follow me may... Assuming they are of course all wolf," he added, eyeing her with disapproval. Such disgusting creatures, he believed.
27 Posts
Ooc —
The wolf's quiet laughter puzzled Sofi. Her tail bounced a bit playfully, as if hoping to join in on the joke.

He patronized her, but her fear of him made it not matter. Eventually he explained that his purpose was to found his own pack, presumably on the very land they stood on. She was surprised then that he hadn't immediately chased her off, as that was what wolves seemed to do on their own turf. The wolf's bold nature promised a competent leader, although from experience, Sofi knew that it was unwise to judge a creature before knowing it fully. He may very well have proved to be over-confident and foolish when faced with actual danger.

"What about your family?" Sofi had always assumed wolves functioned as cohesive family units. The stories she had heard as a child told of their strong bonds to one another and loyalty beyond all else. This made her wonder why he was not with his own blood, and had instead ventured alone. "Won't they miss you?"
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
She was right to be curious why he hadn't chased her off just yet, and also to know that wolves functioned socially. He would most definitely chase her away as soon as he finished speaking with her, but for now he was quite content on sharing a conversation; after all wolves were social creatures. She asked about his family, and he gave a dry laugh before giving a very blunt answer.

"Dead," he responded. "My sister and I left to start our own packs. She moved the opposite direction as I did. So no, I don't believe I am greatly missed," he added, feeling that a little backstory was somehow necessary. Hopefully this cocky male would make a good leader. Underneath all this pompous facade he was quite chivalrous and kind. It was unfortunate that this coyote would probably never see that side of him.
27 Posts
Ooc —
"Dead," the word stung, hanging in the air.

"Oh," Sofi punctuated his sentence rather awkwardly. His explanation made some sense to her. Sometimes siblings did not get along. She and her sisters had never been close, and had parted ways when they were quite young. She had assumed that wolves didn't part ways like this, but it figured that not all of the stories about the beasts would be wholly accurate.

"I'm really sorry to hear that..." It was the only thing she knew how to say to such a discussion turn. "So you're starting a new family?" She envied that idea. To be able to simply call forth followers to oneself and turn it into a family - that was a mysterious power. "I wish I could do that."
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
Last post for me! Sorry he's kind of a jerk, still sketching out his personality. Feel free to have one more and then we can archive it (:

She appeared to try to sympathize with him- or maybe she knew his pain, really he didn't know or care. "I am indeed," he beamed, his blue eyes shining as he pictured the beautiful young wolf he planned on claiming as his own. But at this his smile turned to a smirk and he stood. "I'm sure you'll be able to do just that, darling, but you'll have to do it somewhere else," He snarled, aiming snaps of his jaws at her. None would touch her, of course, it was only the fear factor that he wished to imply. 

With that, he turned and continued on, looking for someone to accompany him on his journey to creating a new home.
27 Posts
Ooc —
;)

At his beam, Sofi smiled calmly, tilting her head. Her smile quickly faded as the nameless male stood, towering over her curled body. Then he changed, as though struck with a dark fury. Sofi yipped and barked, springing backward and flipping around in fear as he snarled and snapped at her feet.

Confusion and an intense sadness pushed her away from the wolf. The coyote ran, and Nature's cruel law was put into practice as the wolf took what was soon to be his. When she realized he was not chasing her, Sofi turned around to look at him, yipped a few times, and disappeared into the tangle of leafless trees once more.