Shadow Mountain CRAWLIINNGG IN MY SKIIIN
Like a dream, the tree of life covers me, and dulls my eyes; I fall asleep.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Private 
@Veritas @Cogitemus Cog and Mal were just looking around the place they wanted to call home, eyeing for possible members, I assume. A bit of powerplay, though feel free to pm me if it's not okay!

The dark queen left the blood drenched canyon to have a look around, the foreign boy on her heels. The canyon was a perfect place for them, but they had to look around before they could settle. If they wanted to start something big here, they should probably seek more members. 2 lone lovers were not enough to establish a pack, she knew, unless she had been pregnant 9 months earlier.

So they set out, sniffing around as different smells entered her nostrils. one smell in particular had her attention. She followed the female scent to a higher mountain where she spotted a black creature lingering around with no companions. Hello. She called out, coming closer to the black being, though staying neutral to this new presence. She didn't want to scare the poor thing away.
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

112 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
The the man followed his lover, before they came upon a new wolf. He wasn't as friendly as his lady was. "Ahoj." He said, before stepping closer to his girl. He would have to see if the new girl would be interested in joining a pack, but she would have to have the right attitude for their pack.
Zeta
Banned
63 Posts
Ooc — Kiir
Not many herbs, clearly. At least not that she knew of. What had she even been thinking, coming to this gods forsaken place out of all the other available territories? Not only could she not find herbs, but she was sure that there'd be nobody willing to join her pack. This left the woman in a rather...Volatile mood. Liable to blow up at any given point in time was definitely not a good attitude for anyone wishing to achieve a goal. 

It was only a small passing thought that the land was lush and full of prey but Veritas didn't care at the moment. If it didn't hold what she desired, she had no use for it. 

She was almost about to give up, turning around and rearing to go when in a split second of her decision, a voice interrupted her departure. No, not just one voice, she realised. There were two. And those two did not sounds very nice at all. 

Spinning around to face them, the woman nearly bared her teeth to growl at them, catching herself in time. She recomposed herself and showed instead a grin that meant she was not taking any shits that day. "Why hello, how may I help you two?"

@Malice @Cogitemus

Sorry for the crap post! My phone hates MyBB
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
The stranger turned around, first like she wanted to attack them but quickly corrected herself. A grin made the dark queen raise her eyebrow. Was this meant to be a friendly gesture? She didn't know, and wouldn't ask. They were with two while this stranger seemed to be alone. If the conversation took a turn for the worst, she would stand little chance to beat the two lovers.

Malice returned a small smile however, desperate for any recruit at this point. Me and my lover are scooping out the area. She started, already kind of giving away what must come next. We are thinking about settling in the crimson canyon. If the stranger showed any more interest in the matter, she would ask for her to join, but for now she couldn't give away any more information.
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

112 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
He was taken back by the strangers reaction. He took a step closer to Malice, he stood protectively, if the stranger would decide to fight, a good fight it would be.  Even though she 'corrected herself' Cogitemus wasn't buying it. The canyon the two settled in was red like blood, which made the boy get even more excited every time he saw it. 

The grin the girl gave made him give one of his own. He would not trust this girl for a while, but he was also playing big, scary, overprotective Cogitemus. When his mate sold them out, he got even more protective. He wanted to settle in this land, and if this girl had any funny ideas, he would gladly use her fur as a decoration for the new den. 

For now, he had to stay civil, the the rules of civil didn't exclude being protective. He really wondered how this girl would respond, which would trigger his response.
Zeta
Banned
63 Posts
Ooc — Kiir
"I think you mean scoped, instead. It would be amusing to see this canyon be scooped out piece by piece. But I digress. If you're looking for a fight, challenging a poisons expert is not a good idea." Veritas raised an eyebrow, almost as if daring the woman to bite back at her. While her claws were too blunt to deal and real dsmage, they were coated in rather harmful poisons. If she needed to be taken on in a fight, she'd damn well make sure that she wasn't being underestimated. No, not for someone to push around like a useless rag doll. She was a predator, a cunning warrior, a hunter of the night. 

For a moment, Veritas' eyes brightened. Those amber-gold optics scanned the pair, as if to pick out their weaknesses, their strengths, their very thoughts. (But unfortunately, she couldn't actually pick out their thoughts even if she came damn near to it). However, the next of the woman's Wife were enough to shock her into thinking that she was communicating with a pair of batty, crazy wolves who didn't have anything better to do. 

"You. Want. To. Live. In. Redsand. Canyon. Where nothing grows and the soil is easily barren? Where the prey hide and suffer? Where the Rock is weathered smooth as coarse fur and dyed crimson as sanguine blood?"

She couldn't believe living there at all. Those two were going to die in the next two months through foolishness alone. "Youre at least going to need a healer, someone with expertise in herbalry. The lot of you, both warriors, I can see it in your stances. In the canyons, you will need someone who recognises good medicine. Someone who can cure the sting of scorpions and the blade of various others. 

"The bite of snakes. The overheating and dehydration. What pack do you intend to make, there, if you cannot save them when they fall ill?"
Veritas' voice creeped higher and higher from it's original deep tones. It seemed like she was contemplating going with them, but if only to make sure nobody died from stupid, imbecilic causes. 

"You're going to take me with you, whether you like it or not. If you don't, I'll simply follow anyways. What sort of pack is this?"

@Malice @Cogitemus
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
lololol, my bad English is showing again XD I hope you knew what I meant anyway. (I'm Dutch, don't blame me but my parents for not moving to England XD) Also, you don't have to keep tagging us as it will only fill our PM system. We get a message anyway if there has been a reply to our threads :)

The queen blinked as she got corrected, but didn't respond. She knew what she meant and was not willing to make up an excuse. Though the part where the other woman began over a fight, especially the bit where she had said that she was an expert in poisons, intrigued her. Was this someone who knew of herbs and how to aid? I am not looking for a fight with you, nor with anyone. She replied calmly, keeping her cool even though she wanted to lash out at the being. If she was indeed what she had claimed to be, they could very much use her.

The other woman kept quiet for a while, and Malice saw her scanning eyes, raising her tail as she did so. It wouldn't be handy for anyone here to get into a fight. Thought it didn't take long for her to speak, and Malice listened carefully. She knew Redsand wasn't the ideal place, but it had something that kept her bounded to the area. She knew of the risks they were taking, but it couldn't be as bad as the other girl had made it sound. Right? Indeed. She replied bluntly as her place got talked down by this girl, not wanting to admit that it may not be the perfect place for all.

The girl kept talking, sort of confirming her thoughts about her knowing a lot about herbs. Her points hit hard, and though she was a bit overwhelming with information, Malice could agree with her. They indeed needed a healer, someone who could aid the sick and wounded. We could indeed use someone with knowledge of herbs, and to my knowledge we have none to fill that spot. I myself am not good at the topic of healing, as you have probably already noticed.

As the girl went on and on, she finally came to a close. She would join them, but the way she had said it, it didn't even sound like a request. This irritated the queen a little, almost believing this wolf had no knowledge of the hierarchy, but they needed her. And even if she would decline her offer, it was no use. She would follow. Fine, if you truly are what you're saying, you are welcome in the canyon. You'll be part of the community of friends, family even, that we are trying to form. Are you able to handle that?
~Adopt Avalon!~

112 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
The man didn't like the way she acted whatsoever. If she joined, she would have to show submission, or kindness to her pack leaders. If she couldn't, he could personally chase her out himself. "You are going to have to learn some respect, but yes you are welcome." he said. He didn't believe she would do well, and it worried him. He really didn't like the way she talked to Malice, which if Malice wasn't standing beside him, he would have come back with blood on his pelt. "We can work this out, and we are not going to be told where or where not we can settle, if something happens, and this doesn't work out, there is more territory we can move to." He said, hopefully putting her in her place, and telling her this was the end of this discussion, and no more arguments should be made from her.

He would welcome her, but she better behave on point. Maybe they should make a possible timeline for every wolf, to test them a bit, when they join. Maybe they should do small pop quiz every once and awhile. He would have to talk to Malice about that later.
Zeta
Banned
63 Posts
Ooc — Kiir
Veritas was amused. Certainly, her dark humour showed in the way her amber-gold eyes glimmered and darkened even though the day was still young. She showed no outward hostility, except perhaps for the small grin displaying her exasperation. Now, now. They wanted her submission? She was not yet part of their pack and she definitely wasn't going to be if this continued in such a manner. No, they deserved nothing. At least not the male, for the male was rude, uncouth and extremely stuck-up. No was would she be nice to the likes of him

"Now, now. Don't get so touchy. You have a prospective healer here, one well-versed in herbalry and toxins. I promise you will not like if you get into a fight, stranger male. Besides, why should I show any submission, any respect when the most you have done is tuck in your teeth and blatantly show your anger? Your behaviour is not civil, especially when I only expressed interest. I have never confirmed or denied this decision, because I know nothing of your supposed pack. I can see what you are thinking, every glance at your feet and claws, every eye twitch clues me in to your true desires. At least your mate knows sense in what a pack will need.

"You can find a healer anywhere, but a healer with at least an entire lifetime of experience? Over 3 and a half years I have healed, and poisoned, helped and harmed. I care not for your current status. Your pack is only just beginning. Do you not know, that as a leader you must be respected? And I have no respect for one who is so quick to fight."

Veritas' smile was dark, menacing and directed at the male. The female she knew could keep her temper in check, and Veritas herself could, too. It was the man she cared nothing much for. "One more thing, boy. I am not telling you 'where or where not to settle'. I am merely advising you as is best, if you truly wish to start in such a desolate place."
[/b]
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
The daughter of Lucifer watched the two word-fight each other, and glared a bit angrily at her lover. It had been obvious this was a feisty stranger, but they needed her for their pack. Her angry glare was not for long though, just long enough to say nice going, pal , before returning it to the stranger as she made good points.

There were lots of healers out there, but this one in particular had more knowledge than anyone she could think off at the moment. Sure, they had healers back at Luciferpeak, but none with a lifetime experience with both healing and poisoning. Perhaps the couple needed to be yelled at, as Malice was now beginning to have doubts about their new home being in the canyon. Surely they would all die there, but her excitement may have blinded her.

I am sorry if we offended you at all, but please don't go. The queen requested. You make valued points, as I myself am now doubting if the crimson canyon is the right place. She commented, a worried look on her face as she gave a quick glance at her lover to see if he felt the same or would lash out at the stranger that they needed.
~Adopt Avalon!~

112 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
He caught the glare Malice gave him. Before he ripped the girls throat out, he dipped his head to Malice. "Well, Malice you seem to have this handled. Howl for me if you need me." he said, before nibbling on her neck and flashing a naughty smile, just to keep him on her good side. he gave a glance at the girl, not showing any emotion, back to his neutral coldness. He trotted off, before turning back to Malice. "I'm going to show some of our members around, get them comfortable." he said, showing he was still actually contributing. He turned back around and began trotting, letting out a howl summoning the other pack member. 

-Cog out-

Cogitemus would have freaked out, so I am taking him out. I am just doing what would be best for him.
Zeta
Banned
63 Posts
Ooc — Kiir
Finished, Veritas watched the man shrink back under the force of her words, before shooting her a glare that would have severely maimed her if looks could kill. Her plain truth, her value to their pack and his mate's looks were enough to drive away the male from their company, leaving the girls to talk. As if she'd need you, the woman thought, if anything, you just escalated the situation.

"There is no offence taken - if anything, it is good that you are reconsidering. See the canyons where life does not flourish, and prey do not live. Perhaps you two wolves would survive, but just barely. A pack? A pack would be dead within the first couple of months regardless of the number of hunters you have. Though, there are rare plants I'd like to get in the desert first..." Her voice trailed off to a distant musing hum, as if in deep thought about important matters when in all reality, Veritas was only contemplating what she could have.

"Perhaps Phantom Hollow would suit your personality better. Besides, it's a good deterrent to predators and other packs seeking trouble. The atmosphere of the place and all. Blackfoot Forest might also be good, if you want security. Noctisardor Bypass, should you wish to keep tabs on those who come and go - it has woodlands and mountains, perfect for a spy or a sentinel." The unspoken sentence was left hanging in the air. Don't condemn your pack to suffering because a territory looks nice.

Veritas waited patiently, slightly mollified after getting to share with the woman.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
The queen was not mad at Cog, after all he hadn't really done anything too wrong. It was just the way he was, and it took time for wolves to change, she knew. Perhaps he had to learn how to control his anger, but he seemed to already have a solution as she saw him walking away. She flashed a small smile at him, showing him that she wasn't angry, before nodding her head to sa goodbye.

Now, the two women were alone at last, giving Malice the opportunity to show the stranger that she was capable enough to be a leader without having to worry about her lover's anger issues. She listened carefully to what the other had to say, understanding that she merely wanted to help the two inexperienced lovers, which was highly appreciated. Yes, the daughter of Lucifer was capable of leading, but extra knowledge on whatever matter was always welcome. After the other girl was done talking, she had made up her mind. They would not be settling in the crimson canyon and would only go back there to get the stranger to the plants she needed and to get her bunch of followers together, before setting off to a place the stranger had mentioned. She had her vote on Phantom Hollow, but it would be up for debate once all members came together.

You are right, I see now. The canyon is no place for wolves, I may have been blinded before. As for your suggestions, will you be coming along if we picked a place you mentioned, as I have no idea where to locate them. Phantom Hollow sounds nice though. She said, hoping for the stranger to come with them. 

As she was thinking, she realized she didn't even know the stranger's name yet. Perhaps it was glossed over by the word-fight between the stranger and Cog. As for my name, I am Malice Lanius. Terribly sorry for not introducing myself before.
~Adopt Avalon!~

Zeta
Banned
63 Posts
Ooc — Kiir
She was listening, the prospective queen's decisions seeming better and better. Veritas could see the changes happening in her posture and the contemplative look on her face. "Well, I'm not going to be joining your pack - I do have intentions to form my own pack, but I'd love to go along with you as a healer. Just so you understand, it's not official. I'm not part of your group and I intend to break off when I see you have settled well - still, I want to make sure you'll be fine in your location first." Veritas looked carefully at the other woman. "Better tell your mate about that, though. The moment he attempts to pummel me into 'place', I'm leaving. Immediately. There's no room for negotiation here."

She have a cautious smile, dipping her head in acknowledgment of her decision. "And I, Malice Lanius, am Veritas Requiem, though you may call me either Veritas, Jabez or Requiem. They all work fine as names."
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
We should be able to finish this thread up with one more post from you :) Also, short post, as I am trying to finish all my threads so we can get the pack moving. Ignor the bad English, I'm still learning :P

It seemed the other girl had a very chatty personality, and it was hard for Malice to follow absolutely everything, though she nodded at her. It would be no problem for Malice if anyone left, as long as it wasn't an aggressive goodbye. If the other was planning on starting a pack herself, why not let them be allies? A friend is always better than an enemy.

I see. Perhaps our soon to be packs could form some sort of alliance in the future, but for now I'd be happy to have you travel along with us. I'll tell Cog as soon as I see him, and will try to get you on his good side. Malice chuckled, she could see this girl fighting the brute and even overpowering him. I'll call for you as soon as we are ready to leave, so don't go too far with your search for plants. Unless, you want to come with me to the canyon of course.

If Veritas wanted to find her plants first, Malice would nod a goodbye before turning around to see Cog in the canyon. If not, She would lead Veritas to the canyon, probably leaving her to find Cog on her own as she didn't think it would be best for them to meet so soon after their word-fight.
~Adopt Avalon!~

Zeta
Banned
63 Posts
Ooc — Kiir
"I suppose this is goodbye, then." Veritas nodded, gaze slightly softer than before. At least, there would be no bloodshed today. "Until we meet again."
Exuent