The Sunspire It's adventure time again
A dragon will never bow down
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Private 
Travel thread for Ryūjin members, everyone is required to post at least once; no posting order, set in present day (02/14). If you plan for your character to not have followed, PM me to let me know~
Minor pping of characters having reached the Sunspire to save time. ^^

@Noctura @Winter @Jolon @Semble @Lyght Armstrong @Lokith @Leo

A few days prior, Asterr had departed from her home with the rest of the tribe in tow. She had tended to any inflicted wounds along the way, stopping at a creek here and there in order to clean both her own and those belonging to the others. It was a troubling task, travelling while wounded. Though they were not severe, she could feel the pull in her shoulder more so than on her muzzle with every step taken. She knew it was working to heal, and the tight feeling was her body's way of ensuring that, but even so it grew bothersome. Especially so when she would accidentally open it once more, which was rather often due to how much hiking they needed to do. If not for that, their stops between treks would have been few, as she'd wished to put as much distance between them and the ridge wolves as soon as possible. Alas, it'd taken several days to accomplish such, all the while she'd spotted not a single territory worth settling into.

When the girl had found herself moving up a familiar, gentle slope, she signaled for the others to stop. It was not where they would settle, that she was certain of, but the area was unclaimed and provided the necessary means for a decent break. "We will be resting here for a bit," the dragoness voiced, eyes scanning the surrounding area before settling over her fellow tribe members. "Once we are all ready, we will head east." The yearling did not know why, uncertain of what awaited them in that particular direction, but it just seemed right. Something about it clicked within her, just as when she'd been travelling alone. It was Draco, for sure, which made her all the more curious—just what was over there that had her wishing to see it? "Those who are injured, please come with me if any of your wounds have opened." They were atop a mountain, still, so moss would be easy to come by. Combine that with the gentle nature of the peak, and she worried not about having to search far and wide for a stream to obtain water from.
You're a mirror with two faces
Two sides, simple as that
Thread titles are from Hyuna’s “How’s This”
Iota
18 Posts
Ooc — Aritsu
Lokith sighed as he sat down. His legs were tired, but he was a little against stopping. The golden wolf gazed at a small wound on his foreleg and whined. He wandered over to his Alpha. "Is your shoulder bothering you again?" He tilted his head and sat beside her.
24 Posts
Ooc —
The she wolf didn't step forward. Her ears were against her skull in anger. She didn't know exactly what happened, but her pack mate's got hurt and she wasn't happy about that. The female looked around at her pack mate's. At least they weren't hurt that bad. A voice spoke up and Winter's golden gaze immediately darted to the wolf speaking. Asterr got hurt too? She had just caught up with the rest of the pack and could smell the scent of blood. She didn't know exactly which wolves got hurt and who didn't. The wolf laid down in the shade watching the rest of the wolves.
belonging to the night
175 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Astronomer
Noctura had been one of the warriors who'd been injured on the borders of Porcupine Ridge, and he saw no nobility in being a veteran of the short battle. Indeed, he blamed himself for its outcome — he had been unable to control his brutish instincts, and had helped lurch the tense meeting into a full-out fight. Although scathed, there were no wounds that made him unable to travel, so he'd treated them himself, with begrudging licks and dips to passing water, and did not join Asterr and the others in their respite (such was his shame and guilt). The recluse sat nearby, silent and unmoving. He tried not to think.

Half a dozen strides yonder lay @Winter, who he did not know by name. They were both longer-serving wolves, but Noctura had always kept so much to himself in Ryūjin that he had never met her one-on-one. He acknowledged her subconsciously with a flicker of one dark ear.
27 Posts
Ooc — Rebekah
Semble was still thinking about what he had done, he had actually injured another wolf, enough to make her bleed. He replayed the moment over and over in his head, he almost couldn't hear the Alpha over his own thoughts. When she mentioned wounds, he looked at his own small bite on his shoulder. It was small and barely had any break in skin, so he wouldn't bother other wolves with it. 

He kept distant from other wolves, and had his body lowered. His stomach ached and he felt like he was about to puke, but he kept himself together and was left with his own thoughts.
17 Posts
Ooc —
 Sorta short? lol and sorry if ten yards is extremely far sorry, I couldn't visualize how far that is but I based it off a foot ball field lol  

Lyght was at the back of the pack when Asterr said it was time to rest and heal wounds. Thankfully the male didn't have any wounds but sadly a lot of others were, including the alpha. Lyght personally thought they should have stopped sooner and stayed for a day or two so the injured could heal. Though the rival pack might have sent spy's if they knew the males pack was leaving, just to insure they left for good. Though doubtful, it was still probable.

Lyght decided to lay down, crossing his paws in front of him and put his head on them. The male closed his eyes, he wasn't tired but rest was rest and it was rare. The more the male laid there the more he thought about how the rivals must be cheering in victory, this angered him. He already lost one home and now he's lost another!? Lyght got up and stormed of, growling and huffing. He wouldn't go far just far enough to get some space. The male was 10 yards away, it was a good distance, he could still see them and hear them as well. There he could blow off some steam, he didn't know how he could but maybe just some growling would suffice since he couldn't tear anything up. He didn't want tear the tree's up it'd make to much noise, he didn't want to gain attention but it was probably to late seeing as he's the one alone, 10 yards away. Not much options. "Of course I get to loose another home, fantastic. While were at it why don't we all accidentally eat poison berries, then we could loose our lives." The male somehow managed to mutter this but he almost instantly regretted it, some of it anyways. Lyght started to like his packs old place before it was ripped away. He doesn't like loosing things he cares about, especially when it hits close to heart. Emotions were his one weakness, he could never defeat them. All he could do was hide them. He basically bottled them up and never let them go but maybe one day that bottle will get to full and it will start to over flow.
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The first to approach was not someone she'd been expecting—Lokith. Rather than a member who'd been injured in the encounter with their old neighbours, there came one who'd been absent during the event. She worried, slightly, how he had then acquired the wound on his forelimb, but she did not inquire about it. Instead, she gave a stiff nod. "A bit, but it is nothing that I cannot handle. I know it is only trying to heal." No matter how bothersome the pulling sensation and reopening might be, she could not prevent it. The prior was a product of the wound trying to close itself up and prevent bacteria from slipping into it, but the latter was of her own doing. Still, she could not stop their travels. They had to reach a suitable place of settlement, that way they might be able to relax and give their bodies time to adjust and heal.

With a quick look to the golden boy, she quietly excused herself and moved forward, closing the distance between herself and the others. Her gaze flickered about, moving between the various individuals. From Winter, who laid in the shade, to Lyght, who had put some distance between himself and the rest. Then between the men who'd been present during the fight, both of which were silent. Semble looked unsettled, as if something was eating away at him, but she did not approach him immediately. Instead, she headed towards Noctura, who seemed to be sitting by his lonesome. She greeted him softly, before allowing her gaze to trail over his form. She was inspecting him, taking note of his wounds and their conditions. Afterwards, she met his gaze and asked, "Are you well?" Asterr was quite concerned for him, especially after having learned some of his past. Surely the battle had been triggering, however brief it might have been, so she felt her worries were justified.
belonging to the night
175 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Astronomer
The small, sleek form of the Alpha — whose own loyalty to them seemed to inspire loyalty in turn — approached, and Noctura raised his morose head to meet her. He had not been watching the sparse communications between the rest of the pack as they rested, but he had felt some of them, hearing stolen words with a twitch of his ear or noting injuries out of the corner of his eye. The mood was solemn, and that Noctura was contributing to it only added to his guilt.

The problem was, he had no practice in pretence. He was unable to act as if all was well. But he could, at least, find an ilk of honesty that might benefit their wise and sweet leader. My wound is healing, thank you, his deep, accented voice was soft and respectful. Sure enough, the fang marks on his shoulder were doing fine; while unseen wounds were not.

Does Zennyo Ryūō guide your paws, Asterr? he asked quietly after a moment, a question for their ears only.
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The faint traces of a smile pulled at her lips, meant to show joy despite it's somber appearance. She was glad his wound was healing, the mere notion of an infection having settled in far too much for her to bear. She was undoubtedly fond of the male so, being as perceptive as she was, she found it difficult witnessing him in such a downtrodden mood. Of course, she wished to assist him in lightening his current demeanor, but knew not where to even begin. In all honesty, with her own disappointment filling the cavities of her heart, it was sure to be an impossible feat—this she was well aware of. "I am glad to hear that," the girl said, still wishing to try her best despite knowing it was neither the time nor place. "I was worried for you." Everyone, really, though that part was unintentionally left out.

It was her turn, then, to answer a question. In truth, she'd been taken aback by it at first, but was quick to relax and move closer so that their conversation might be less likely to be intruded upon. "I do not know," she answered, honesty lacing her tone just as usual. "I... Draco guides me, he always has, but I do not presently feel Zennyo Ryūō's presence." A frown overtook her features, brow furrowing slightly as she considered the possible outcomes. "Do you believe he will settle into our new home with us?"
Kyyneleitä virtaa vasta alakerrassa.
210 Posts
Ooc — Marie
Dunno how, but I totally forgot this thread XD pretty short post just because I have to and want Jolon to indeed stay with the tribe

Jolon followed, quietly, as if not even trying disturb the air around him. He felt as if what had happened was his fault. It was his fault, he knew. If he had been there, he could've fought along with everyone, highering their chances of winning. But no, he had been sound asleep when it all went down. He felt like a coward, and knew the rest of them thought it. They had to be thinking he was. He wasn't worthy. Not anymore. Could he redeem himself, was the question.

His paws only gently hit the surface, despite his weight. He felt absolutely terrible. They now had battle wounds, but he could have prevented them. He had no injuries, none that mattered, but a scar on his heart was causing him pain anyway. He had failed the dragoness as well as his fellow members. The group came to a halt, and Jolon silently sat down, keeping his muzzle tight shut. He listened to the others, but nothing truly reached his thoughts, his mind blurred by the pain.
A Man with Two Souls
A Power that Mercilessly Controls
Please Someone Help him with this Demon
Make this Free Spirit a Freeman
belonging to the night
175 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Astronomer
Hope it's okay to post more than once in the same round! Pls boop me if not~

The black wolf, in any other state, would have most certainly regarded the creatures around him. Jolon, in particular, was someone he knew and would talk to. But Noctura was currently rooted in shame, and rooted further now by the companionship of Asterr, who had elected to talk to him. She spoke of Draco, the dragon of her birthplace, and he searched her silver eyes curiously for earnestness as she asked him a question as if he were a dragon disciple himself. Was that what he was becoming...? I don't know about belief, but it's certainly my hope, he replied honestly. For your sake more than anything, he added quietly. He felt in his heart that Asterr would not settle anywhere without the blessing of her great deities.
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Yep, perfectly fine since there aren't really rounds for this thread, aha.
I'll leave this open until February 25th so anyone who wants to can get in a final post, and then it'll be archived.
Tagging @Leo since a single post is required < 3

Honesty was all she ever wished to hear, the words finding a way to ease her. Though it was only a hope, perhaps that would be all they needed—the hope that, just maybe, the deity might follow with the intention of watching over them, steering them in the right direction and keeping each one safe. It was Asterr's hope, too, that they would be followed by the spiritual being; her belief, then, that kept her moving. Alas, she fell silent, offering only a small smile in quiet thanks for Noctura's input. Thereafter she had looked around, taking note of everyone's whereabouts and carefully monitoring their overall demeanor. Though they hadn't been there for very long, she felt it time that they continue onward with their journey.

With a sharp bark to gain the attention of everyone—especially those who had distanced themselves—the girl then proceeded to speak. "We must be going now," she'd announced. "Though tired some of us may be, it is crucial that we find a place to settle down at. The less nights we spend beneath the open sky, the better for us all." With that, she would await for everyone to rise and approach, before continuing their trip. Just as she'd said, the tribe's trip then became eastbound from there on out.
belonging to the night
175 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Astronomer
Although unable to return her smile, Noctura gave his leader a respectful nod, and his ears became straighter as the pack was alerted to the ongoing day. They were moving out. They knew not where their paws would take them... but perhaps there would be dragons.
control
252 Posts
Ooc —
Quick post!

Leo had tagged along from the back, wanting to examine all of the elder wolves. He sat a ways from them, watching all of his demons fly around him. He was silent and so they were silent as well.

They faded into the air as Asterr barked for the tribe's attention. He stood, running forward to catch up with the others. Wherever they led he would follow.
”the voices”