Silverlight Terrace Canyon moon
780 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Ranger
All Welcome 
"Jealous" was the best word to describe Floki as he descended Moonspear into Silverlight Terrace. He was well aware that Wildfire had more experience as a scout than he did, and that she also had more freedom. His duties and expectations had shifted greatly since he was promoted to Beta; but at the same time, neither Amekaze nor Charon had requested that he give up his outrider trade. Although he knew in his heart that he shouldn't feel envious, there was still a ball of unhappiness that dwelled within Floki's chest.

He breathed deeply, the cold air filling his lungs. During the warmer months, this place had been green and vibrant; now, it was coated with snow. It was nothing short of a frigid wonderland. Floki left nothing but footprints to forge his connection with Moonspear, and for the time being he was happy to leave the weight of his responsibilities behind as the sun set.
you can't wake up, this is not a dream
205 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Investing to put her best foot forward, Allure had determined it was time to earn a few trades. She was 9 months old and officially part of the adult hierarchy. While she should have been thrilled at the idea, all she could think about was @Pasha, @Swigt and @Whittier – what were they doing? Were they also placed in the adult tier?

With a stab of homesick longing, the ebony and ivory girl swept past the borders of Redhawk Caldera, her slender muzzle tilting up to release a short howl to her pack mates – notifying them she would be back within a day or two – she was not entirely sure what protocol to sue, but she didn’t want them to think she had abandoned them.

Her travels had taken her skirting around a mountainside – not desiring to climb its sides, nor did she wish to investigate the scent of wolves that seemed to linger more strongly in that area. Winding her way to the opposite end, she cast her bright eyes upon the land before her, intrigue pulling her forward.

It was then she noticed the silver form of the male – and the youth that seemed to emanate from his handsome face. And yes, he was indeed handsome – and having absolutely no experience with boys that were not her brothers, Allure felt her own heart flutter with nervousness as she debated whether to say hello or slip away into the darkness.
Are you deranged like me? Are you strange like me?
Lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me?
Do you call yourself a fucking hurricane like me?
780 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Ranger
The air was heavy and cold, and coupled with the silence of nightfall, Floki felt at peace. He wasn't Floki, the Beta of Moonspear -- nor was he Floki, brother of Tevinter and son of Ragnar. For now, he was just a nameless enigma traipsing through the twilight.

He certainly didn't expect any company this evening, and would have presumed himself to be alone had it not been for the white chest and throat of the she-wolf in the distance. The moon illuminated her milky features, drawing his eye naturally to her even among the shadows. He perked up, hackles bristling defensively as they so often did; Floki was reactionary, if anything.

But he soon discerned that there didn't seem to be a threat, and he relaxed. Feeling brave, he moved towards the female, blue eyes curious as he surveyed her in the fading daylight. "What are you doing out here so late?" he asked amicably, wondering if she was a loner or perhaps an outrider like he was.
205 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
At first, the boy bristled at the sight of her, stirring her heart to hammer in her chest more rapidly. If he wanted to fight her, she had tried to learn a thing or two from her father and aunt – but all in all, she considered herself a better Scout or Hunter than a warrior.

But he seemed to calm, seemingly noting she was not here to threaten him. Swallowing, attempting to help the sudden dryness in her throat, Allure allowed her shoulders to lift in a gentle shrug at his amicable tone. “Exploring,” she noted, simply, allowing a small smile to grace her slender muzzle now. “I could ask the same of you.”
780 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Ranger
The corner of his mouth twitched into a smile at the girl's reply. She had a point; she wasn't the only one out and about at dusk. "Me too," he replied with a shrug of his shoulders, before giving more detail about himself.

"My name's Floki. I'm an outrider from Moonspear. I'm heading up to the coast for a visit," he explained. He wasn't normally so forthcoming with perfect strangers, but there was something familiar about this girl he had never met. Little did he know that she was part of the family that had taken Tevinter under their wing for a short while. Besides, he felt braver under the cover of night; it obscured simple details of their appearances that might have been more obvious in the daylight.
205 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Had the sun lit the sky and lands even more, Allure might have mistaken the boy for her adoptive brother, Jorunn. The pale fur – the soft tan of his limbs and the brightness of his eyes. As it were, the darkness masked these features from her, and all she saw was pale silver and bright eyes – and a charming smile. “Allure – one of the newest members at Redhawk Caldera,” she offered, her muzzle canting slightly.

“Do you like being an outrider?”

It was one of the titles she was interested in.
780 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Ranger
"Oh, Redhawk Caldera! I know someone from there," he replied, the familiar pack name rolling off his tongue. She mentioned that she was one of its most recent members to join, and he briefly wondered where she had come from and what led her to join Wildfire's former pack. But before he could press for more information, she asked him how he liked his job as a scout.

Floki nodded. "I love it. It's nice to be able to travel around some but still have a place to call home," he said. The farthest he had gone from Moonspear was back to visit Stavanger Bay, but he hoped to broaden his horizons come springtime. "What do you like to do?" he asked, a roundabout way of wondering about her interest in trades.
205 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
He was so friendly – talkative. The bi-toned girl felt a flutter in her heart at the mere thought of it. She tipped her muzzle at the mention of knowing someone from there, and she studied him curiously. She was about to question who, when he answered her other question, and she made a note to drift back to that topic.

She gave a nod of understanding to his words, considering them a moment. “I’m still.. trying to figure it all out,” she decided then, offering him a small smile, worried he would think her young and naïve. “I’ve moved around so much in my life that becoming a scout would almost be natural,” she decided then, her slender shoulders lifting in a shrug. “But I think hunting is something I would also like to focus on.”

She paused then, her shy eyes drifting over the silver features of the boy before her. “So.. who do you know at the Caldera?”
780 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Ranger
It sounded like she was cut out to be an outrider, but was a little hesitant to take on the role officially. She also expressed an interest in hunting. Oddly enough, her desired trades matched Wildfire's exactly -- and then the conversation came full circle, as she asked about his acquaintance from Redhawk Caldera.

"Her name is Wildfire. She's one of the Alphas' kids, but she's actually a member of Moonspear now. How'd you end up at the caldera?" he asked, although he was pretty sure he could guess the answer. Allure had already alluded to the fact that her family had been a bit nomadic, so he assumed that she had simply struck out on her own to lay down roots elsewhere.
205 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Wildfire.. one of Shithead and Fox's children, apparently. It was still interesting to think that her parents had been one of Fox's subordinates once -- and allegedly took her pack. She made a mental note to ask them the next time she visited home -- though she could not imagine that would be for awhile, given she hoped to call Teekon Wilds her home permanently, despite everything that had happened.

"Honestly?" She paused at his question, lifting her shoulders up in a sheepish shrug. "It was one of the first packs I came across. I knew I wanted to be in Teekon Wilds.. so I tried my luck there." She gave a small chuckle at the end, wondering how terrible that actually sounded. "But I like it there so far."
780 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Ranger
Wrapping this up, but we should have another thread sometime! :)

Floki chuckled at her honesty. He appreciated her blunt response; she could have ended up joining any pack, but just because she came to the caldera first, it had been her choice. It made sense, and he briefly found himself wondering what that kind of life was like -- he was an outrider by trade, but always had a place to return at night. First it had been Stavanger Bay, and now Moonspear. What would it be like to truly wander?

"Well, I think you wound up in a pretty good place," he said with a smile. If Redhawk Caldera was composed of Wildfire's family, then Allure was surrounded by good company. Although he didn't really want to leave just yet, it was getting awfully late and he wanted to continue his trek for an hour or so before bedding down for the night. He glanced up at the sky, like a person might look at his watch.

"I should probably get going. But, hey, let's hang out again sometime," he proposed. "Maybe in the daylight." He grinned, then turned to be on his way. "See ya later, Allure!" he called as he slipped into the shadows, heading north.
205 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Their brief evening interlude came to an end, and with a gentle look of consideration, the bi-toned she-wolf watched the silver boy leave. “You too,” she had told him gently, but had simply left it at that – she did not expect to see him much, given the distance between their packs, and with a final glance, the girl continued on her travels, knowing she should return to the Caldera soon.