Blackfoot Forest however little known the feelings or views of such a man
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
All Welcome 
It was now that the male needed more wolves for his pack than ever. He was not low on members, it seemed, but simply the wrong kind. Females were good, but they needed some males- at least eventually. For now he patrolled the new territory that Rosings would soon occupy, and he found himself growing more and more used to the abundance of red creatures- it seemed that it was the foxes who made those awful noises. His ears remained perked as he went, his tail flicking back and forth. He listened for sounds of others, and hoped to find another member to join him.

recruitment post! anyone looking for a pack is welcome to join in, aaron is mostly looking for males but i think a lady may easily gain access ;)
set after the pack has moved from Emberwood to Blackfoot Forest
The Inquisitor
228 Posts
Ooc — Sable
Once more Mitanni was on the move. Beneath the dappled cover of the trees above, she strolled leisurely and with apparent ease, more comfortable surrounded by the forest than she had been on the open shoreline of the west. She felt strangely optimistic this day, and it showed within the spry hop to her step. Yes, today felt like a good day.

Amber eyes bright, the mottled brown wolf paused when she heard what sounded like pawsteps somewhere within the wood. She assumed at first it was nothing more than a fox--she'd found one by accident just a while back--but as Mitanni caught wind of the scent attached to the tread she realized it wasn't a fox but a fellow wolf.

Her natural inclination was to keep away from the stranger, but after meeting two natives to the region who proved to be rather personable she was surprisingly more curious than wary. Slipping into a cautious crouch, Mitanni followed the trail until the found the wolf ahead. Leading with her curiosity, she continued to pad quietly behind the individual at a distance, interested in learning what he was doing.
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
A new scent soon became apparent to the male. He perked his ears as he went but decided not to bother with it just yet. It was behind him, but remained the same distance (it seemed) as it had when he started. It was that of a wolf, sweet as most females were, but he did not pay her any mind yet. Aaron paused to sniff curiously at the ground, his tail waving behind him as he thought. He found no fresh traces of other wolves or creatures, and continued forward again. 

He kept his ears cupped to the side, keeping tabs on the one who was possibly following him; but she was silent (if even following), and he began to grow more intrigued with her. He would not seek her out though, and instead would wait for her to approach him- surely she was looking for something.
The Inquisitor
228 Posts
Ooc — Sable
To her delight, the wolf that she followed didn't appear to notice her, and encouraged by this Mitanni continued to shadow him. She watched and paused as he stopped to inspect the ground, obviously searching for some scent in particular, but he didn't seem to find it and moved on. Picking up her pace, Mitanni lingered in the place where he had stopped and sniffed at the ground and the surrounding plants herself, but there wasn't much of interest here.

With her eyes trained on the wolf again, she resumed her quiet stalking and wondered if she was really doing so well at this or if he was only allowing it for whatever reason he thought he should. She watched him more closely, looking at his posture as he moved, and she had to assume that he knew she was there. She'd been following long enough for him to notice. Which begged the question: why did he let her follow?

Curious, emboldened by the previous meetings she'd had with other wolves who called this place home, she relaxed out of her cautious crouch and instead followed casually, her head tilting just a little to the side as she raised her voice and called to him, "Are you looking for something?"
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
And soon she did indeed confront him. He stopped, bent his head to sniff at the ground again for any other scents that may have drifted through, and then turned to the woman. She was a dark beauty if he'd ever see one- black but red-brown highlights painted her fur as well. He watched her curiously, his tail waving as she asked her question. "Perhaps I could ask you the same thing?" he offered, an eyebrow raising as he tested her response. He turned his body in completion to face her, her chest puffing out ever so slightly. 

"My name is Aaron," he told her, his blue eyes focusing upon her features. "I am searching for wolves willing to join me in a pack- Rosings," the brute then said, shoulders rolling a bit as he grew more comfortable in his stance. Cupping his ears forward to better hear her response. The pale man shifted his feet in their spots, eyes narrowing to view her features with curiosity. She appeared strong, maybe agile, if she chose to join she would be an asset. Something, however, told him perhaps he wasn't her only option.
The Inquisitor
228 Posts
Ooc — Sable
She thought he might have been ignoring her as he inclined his head to sniff at the ground again, but as he righted himself he turned his head to stare her way and finally acknowledge her. Mitanni stopped, keeping a bit of distance between them for comfort's sake, and did her best not to fidget on her feet. Interactions always made her feel nervous at first.

Ah, so he had known she was there. His teasing question confirmed that for her, but he didn't seem to be irritated or upset about it. In fact, the wag of his tail made him seem even companionable, just as friendly as the other wolves that she'd met by accident so far. Were all the wolves here friendly and nice, or was her luck just inexplicably high these past few days?

He turned to face her, showing off a pristine physique, and introduced himself as Aaron. Feeling bold, Mitanni met his pale eyes with her dark amber stare and perked her ears as he mentioned his intention of founding a new pack. Another pack? Hadn't she just run into someone recently who was doing the same? "Is everyone around here making packs?" she asked, tilting her head just a little to the right with a touch of amusement in her mid-toned eyes.
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
Aaron smiled at the woman, his tail wagging a bit more at her comment. Seeing that she was not hostile by any means, the man decided he could settle himself down instead of stand. He nosed towards the ground, inviting that she too sit. "It seems that there is not enough room in the current packs for others," he offered, shrugging his shoulders, watching her curiously. "Might I ask where you may have seen another pack forming? I've only met one of the already formed packs- they were not as friendly as I had hoped." Led by two overly-hostile (or so he thought) alphas, the pack of the maplewood had not been so friendly to him, at least. He had taken a spot that seemed prosperous to him, but selfishly would have deprived others of prey. It depended on how you looked at it.

"I wouldn't mind meeting those wolves," he then said, referring pack to the wolves who were also planning to make a pack. It would be useful to make allies, especially since both of them would be new packs. A friend would be a necessary component to surviving.
The Inquisitor
228 Posts
Ooc — Sable
No matter her comment regarding the packs currently in the works, Mitanni was admittedly curious how this one differed from the other she had been told about. As she was encouraged to sit, she followed Aaron's lead and seated herself across from him, though not before stepping just a bit closer to make for a more comfortable and casual conversation.

He was more knowledgeable than she was, but he was nice enough to share what he knew with her. It surprised her to hear that the existing packs were all full, and that there needed to be new places for the rest of those seeking a more permanent home. As she thought about it though, she did recall the borders she'd passed being strong and clear. Maybe there was truth to this statement after all.

Very casually, Aaron asked her about the wolves she had learned about starting their own pack, and her ears tipped back nervously. Oops. Was it okay for her to mention them? Had the lady Malice mentioned anything about secrecy? Hoping it wouldn't get her into trouble, Mitanni shrugged her shoulders and forcefully set her ears forward again, pretending at comfort. "I met the lady in charge at the lake northwest of here, but they're settling in the Redsand Canyon." Wherever that was. Being new, she still wasn't very knowledgeable about territories and their names.

Suddenly curious, she asked, "Where's yours going to be?"
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
As she spoke, Aaron nodded curiously, thinking to the territories that he'd encountered since his arrival in the Teekon Wilds. It was then that something caught his attention. "A canyon?" the man echoed, his ears flicking with interest. He hadn't been aware of any such territory nearby, but there was a mountain range just on the edge of the blackfoot forest... perhaps they were nearby there. "That sounds quite lovely, I'd love to acquaint myself with them," he decided, his tail waving back and forth as he thought. Her next question brought a dry smile to his face, and he motioned to the setting around them with his tail.

"Here," he informed her, watching her face in order to see her reaction. "It was not my first choice," he then admitted, but his smile lingered, "but I have grown rather attached to it the past few days... the noises that echo from the territory make for a good barrier from others," Aaron told her, still smiling. He glanced to the right of him, peering down the trees with a strange fondness.
The Inquisitor
228 Posts
Ooc — Sable
Aaron was obviously interested in the territory she spoke of, and the pack that would eventually be forming there. Though she continued to exude an air of calm, Mitanni worried inside. Hopefully the wolves that were to become the leaders of that pack wouldn't take offense to her mentioning their intentions--it was going to get out eventually once the pack was formed anyway.

Considering the last pack she'd heard about had been located somewhere else than where she'd met the future leader, she had expected something similar this time. Her dark amber eyes blinked when she was told the pack would form here, and instantly she began to look around. She could see the appeal--all the trees, the greenery that would go crazy in the warmer months, the clear scent of prey. It actually sounded like a smart move, if she was being honest about it.

"Seems like a good choice," Mitanni remarked, though she couldn't recall hearing any discomforting noises like he'd mentioned. "What's the noise?" Too curious not to ask, and unable to see any drawbacks to living here presently, she felt inclined to ask for clarification.
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
He thought to mention Emberwood and all it's glories, but he decided that it would not matter. Perhaps she'd think less of his strength had she known that he backed down from a fight- but it was in the best interest of himself and his pack members. "I believe so," he nodded to her, his tail giving a flick behind him. He smiled a little at her, quieting to see if anything would sound- but alas, nothing did. 

"Usually during the night," the man began, taking a moment to clear his throat. "The foxes make those horrifying noises that they often do- but there are so many of them it's pretty eerie... Sounds haunted," he explained, watching the territory curiously. He hoped she'd choose this pack, seeing she was definitely looking at another. If not she'd know this information about the pack, and therefore the fear factor would decrease.
The Inquisitor
228 Posts
Ooc — Sable
He didn't answer right away, and she had to assume he meant to let the sound speak for itself, but given the time of day nothing happened. Mitanni sent searching glances to either side off into the woods, brows raised as if waiting, but eventually Aaron was the one to break the silence, explaining the sound to her now that she didn't appear to be getting a firsthand demonstration of it.

Foxes. They did make a spooky noise when they called to one another, and the black and brown wolf was able to recall having heard it where she had once lived, far from here. "That noise," she answered knowingly, nodding her head. She turned her amber gaze away again and stared off with a new interest, capable now to see how it would make for a good deterrent. It was an eerie noise, and with as dense as this forest was during the daytime Mitanni could only imagine how dark it became once the sun went down. And with that noise combined...

"That'll keep everyone out," Mitanni agreed with a nod of her head, returning her attention back to Aaron. He looked the confident sort, and he'd had an answer for everything she'd asked so far. He was personable, friendly, and open. Somewhere during their conversation she had grown comfortable around him, and it only dawned on her now. "This pack you're starting," she began, shifting their conversation slightly, "what do you plan to do with it?"
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
Aaron grinned at her words and her understanding, glad to see she was knowledgable of some of the smaller things in life. It was good to know the critters apart- could possibly come in handy in the future. "Indeed," he replied, chuckling softly afterwards at the idea. It was like a built in fence; only those who were brave enough to climb it would, and Aaron knew he could handle them accordingly. 

Her next question stopped him for a moment, and he felt his gaze fall upon her with a bit of suspicion. "May I first ask, if you have an interest in joining?" he returned, his tail holding behind him. "I have no problems with sharing, but I'd like to know of your own intentions," he explained warmly, giving her a kind smile to show he really did not mind. It was nothing that anyone could hold against him, really, but he only wished to see if she was even wanting to join. He understood if perhaps she was deciding between a few, but he preferred to know exactly what she was up to. 
The Inquisitor
228 Posts
Ooc — Sable
Aaron's expression was well schooled, but Mitanni could just vaguely make out the skepticism that entered his blue eyes when she asked for more details about his pack. Nervously, her ears splayed somewhat atop her skull, afraid that she might have crossed some unknown boundary with her inquiries, but she hoped his continued smiles were of encouragement and not to mask his discontent.

The mottled brown wolf shifted her weight a bit where she sat, her tail curling a little tighter around her side, and with a shrug-like gesture she answered him. "I'm keeping my options open." That was honest. She'd made no commitment yet to Malice and her future pack, and she did like having options to choose from. Besides, there was little sense going with the first option given to her, especially since she was still so new to this region and needed to familiarize herself with it more.

Just to ease whatever had caused the look Aaron had given her, she figured she ought to offer her name as well, just so he'd be more comfortable knowing who exactly he had given information about his pack to. "I'm Mitanni, by the way. Mitanni Anath." Her lips quirked along one side into a half smile, hoping she'd done well in placating any reservations the mostly white wolf had.
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
As he suspected, she was looking at multiple packs. The man dipped his head, his tail sweeping against the snowy ground as he made note of her honesty. "I respect that," he told her, and then found his ears perking as she stated his name. "A lovely name," he smiled to her, his blue eyes glinting as the dimmed sun shone through the clouds and trees. "It's fitting," he then added before he directed his speech back at her previous question.

"Rosings is a different sort of pack- one run with order," he told her, deciding not to fluff up the details. Straightforward was the way to go. "Everything will be done in male/female pairs, decided by yours truly and whomever I decide to take as my mate," the man continued, studying her expressions. "Otherwise we're run the same," he then finished. The pack was different than most, but overall it'd be the same. Alphas, Betas, and the rest would be paired accordingly. Gaining entry would be the same (although the male-female ratios must be kept even).
The Inquisitor
228 Posts
Ooc — Sable
Her explanation was accepted at face value, and Mitanni let herself relax again. It struck her as strange how accepting and welcoming the wolves here were, how they so readily took her statements for truth. She could see the dangers in it, felt them herself, but in this instance it all worked out in her favor. She liked asking questions, gathering information, learning as much as she could, and these natives were ready and even willing to offer her what she wanted.

As her name was complimented, a brow rose in silent question. Lovely? Maybe her name alone, but that hardly sounded like her as a whole. She was scrawny, small, physically weak, and more skittish than most--at least on any ordinary day. Still, compliments were hard to come by and she discreetly preened as she entertained the notion that she might actually be lovely. There was also the subtle hint of him being unattached, but she figured he already had plenty of ladies lining up to join his pack simply because of him.

With her ego stroked, she listened to the description Aaron provided of Rosings, patiently and attentively listening. They sounded rather ordinary over all, except for pack duties being completed by pairs of wolves. It was a new sort of concept for Mitanni, though one that was interesting. She couldn't help wondering how well it would go once the wolves were paired up and the concept was put into practice.

"That's different," the mottled brown wolf observed, "I haven't heard of packs doing things in pairs." Honestly, she wasn't sure how she would fit in such a society. She liked her privacy, like her independence, even though she knew she'd take every precaution to ensure her pair completed what was expected of them. "What if the pairs don't work?" she made herself ask, obviously curious as her head tilted a bit to the side once more. Mitanni was intrigued by the concept, and interested in learning how far Aaron had thought it through.
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
The man had indeed thought of such, but he hadn't gone into much detail. As far as he was concerned, there would be no problems with it. He was a master at personalities (at least be believed), and would be very able to match wolves together accordingly. He shrugged. "I don't believe there will be much, but if that becomes a problem we can deal with it as a pack," he informed her, his tail waving swiftly.

"Call it arranged marriage, if you will," Aaron then said, watching her curiously still. "It's far less practiced, but it ensures that wolves will work together to be successful. You can't rise in the ranks if your alleged mate is doing poorly," he continued. It was a good tactic, he believed. Pair those with less ambitious personalities to those with more ambition. The ones who want to be respected will force the other to step up their game, and in the end it would create a more active pack; in theory, at least. The whole thing made perfect sense to him, and because he would be in charge of it he had full confidence in it. 

The woman, although not voicing it, was surprised with the amount of kindness and trustworthiness that circled a good number of the wolves in the Teekon Wilds. It was not uncommon to find a friendly wolf- most had no reason to be so hostile. Besides, the two wolves she'd come in contact with were recruiting, so of course they would be kind to her.
The Inquisitor
228 Posts
Ooc — Sable
He reminded her somewhat of an unfailing optimist, though the fact he had an answer for her question was still good to hear. Mitanni nodded her head again understandingly and approvingly, appreciating his willingness to seek the pack's aid when it came to challenges and difficulties. That was a nice change of pace, even if it came at the price of being forced to work with someone else.

Arranged marriage. The description made her skin crawl a little--independence and making her own decisions were important to her--though she knew there were others who preferred their decisions being made for them. "Fair point," she acknowledged, her tail twitching and relaxing against her mottled hip. The novelty of the idea at the very least was sure to attract attention and interest--if the pack's future leader didn't all on his own.

How much could she get away with asking? The more she learned, the more questions arose, and they appeared to swim circles behind her deep amber eyes. "What made you want to start a pack?" Her tone was mildly curious and purposefully casual as she dared to go with a more personal inquiry. She'd learned much about what Rosings would be like--now she was interested in learning more about its leader.
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
He couldn't tell her thoughts on the subject, but her face revealed a bit of uncertainty. Perhaps she didn't like the idea of being arranged with anything- which he understood. Independence was something he valued, but he also loved order, and his order was the best there was. She acknowledged the idea, but mentioned nothing of her opinions on it, which he respectfully left alone. It was better not to force her to tell him anything, he believed. Perhaps she would not want to come with him if that were the case, and he was edging on the 'better safe than sorry' notion right now. 

He felt no issue in sharing his backstory with her. It was friendly conversation and regardless of where she chose to go, he didn't mind making friends. Male, female, pretty, ugly... he didn't care.

"You grow and you want to try new things," he shrugged, still studying her expressions as he spoke with her. "I'm by no means old, but I've had my fair share of packs. My sister and I traveled with each other for a while, but we finally decided we could do things on our own," he revealed. It was not a descriptive answer, but it was enough. He felt that he could do better at leading than anyone he'd ever met, and that was what he intended on doing.

"My sister, Emily, met another man along the way though. She parted with him," he then added, assuming that she would ask about his sister. She was the essence of beauty in his mind, and he looked up to her with a different sort of respect. He wished to find a woman that acted much like her: gentle, intelligent, sweet, graceful... the stereotypical 'ideal woman', if you would. It was by no means modern thinking, the independent woman thing was far from his grasp of concept- but it was unlikely anyway that he would find such a fae that actually existed.
The Inquisitor
228 Posts
Ooc — Sable
Mitanni listened quietly as Aaron described in very little detail the events that led up to him choosing to follow the path of a leader. It was simple and easy to follow, and she caught her head beginning to tilt with interest as he mentioned growing into the role and starting off with his sister. She knew that feeling of needing to break out on your own, and had experienced it herself when she'd been of age. Strangely, it seemed losing track of siblings along the way was more common than she'd expected.

It surprised her a little when he went on to mention that his sister leaving had been because of another male. Again, the mottled brown female nodded her head understandingly, though she was wholly unsure how to comment. Her siblings had all been young when they'd split up and set off on their own individual paths, so in this she had no experience. "That's nice for her, I suppose," Mitanni eventually responded, hoping it would do as an answer.

She glanced around at the thick woods again, as if seeing them anew. These were going to be pack lands, a home for wolves that would order everyone into pairs to function unitedly. And she'd been sitting here for a while taking up the future alpha's time. "You probably have important things to do, don't you?" Mitanni questioned with just a hint of guilt, realizing she'd been keeping Aaron from whatever he'd been searching for when she'd found him.
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
The man nodded, humming a bit. "I would say so," he agreed, his tail waving slightly. The pale brute turned his attention then from her facial expressions and to the forest, his thoughts lingering on Emily and her future. He would perhaps visit her sometime, but he didn't know where she went... she or the male he followed. Jonah was his name, he was a fine fellow, but to Aaron he seemed like a bit of a pushover... perhaps Emily needed that though. He stared off for a moment in thought, ears cupping as she spoke again, and his attention once against returned to her.

Aaron nodded, standing. "Only to speak with wolves like yourself," he responded, showing her that he really had no problems with sitting and chatting. It was, after all, a form of recruitment. "Please, Mitanni, let me know if you decide to join us. I welcome you with open arms." The man dipped his head to her, and waited for her to part, giving her a kind smile as she did so. (assuming she leaves! let me know if hat's not alright!)

With that, Aaron turned and went, his tail swinging behind him as he went. His duties were now distracted, and he could not help but wonder the whereabouts and wellbeing of his sister.

thanks for the thread! <3 (:
The Inquisitor
228 Posts
Ooc — Sable
Thank you as well.

Following Aaron's lead, Mitanni too rose to her paws, shifting a little on her feet as she considered the interaction that had taken place. The blue-eyed male made it apparent what had taken place was just what he'd set off to do from the start, and she realized it had been something of a recruitment session. In all, it had gone well, at least to her mind. She'd learned something about the wolves that would soon live here, and she'd met a promising leader.

Not to mention she'd apparently secured herself a place there within his pack, if his "open arms" statement could be taken at its word. "Thank you, Aaron," Mitanni replied, adding a polite and parting nod of her head. "It was nice meeting you."

With their conversation winded down to a close, the mottled black and brown wolf turned around and began back tracking along the path she had originally been following the would-be leader before slinking off into the trees to wander as was her habit.