Firestone Hot Springs Relaxing and warming up
9 Posts
Ooc — Wolfen
All Welcome 
Blood lay down by the hot springs. The warmth of the ground near them made the chills of winter fade away. He exhaled, closing his eyes. Drifting into a light sleep, he yawned and placed his head onto the warm ground. His ears flicked as the noises of nature disturbed his nap. A bird landed nearby, not wanting to get up. Blood growled at it and watched it fly away up into the distance, screaming an alarm call. Hopefully that would deter any future disturbances.
The Inquisitor
228 Posts
Ooc — Sable
Mitanni was fascinated by the steam that rose and fogged in the air, and driven by a strong curiosity she was pulled in that direction. She'd never really seem hot springs before, didn't quite understand how they worked or how this fog differed from the cold, obstructing mist she was typically used to. But since she was close, she had every intention of finding out now.

The first thing she noticed was the change in temperature. Here the air was warm, and growing warmer the further she went. Her dark pelt ruffled as she rolled her shoulders, letting the heat sink into her fur and warm her lithe body. It was very cozy here, and she relaxed with a deep sigh. Hot springs, she realized, were very nice.

A minuscule smile created a gentle curve to her lips that flattened as a bird suddenly took wing, calling out indignantly as it flew away. Her amber eyes followed it through the sky as it passed, and lowered to stare in the direction it had come from. There, within the steamy mist of the hot springs, she could see another wolf lying down, looking quite content.

Her head tilted slightly, a little glint of intrigue sparking within her amber eyes. "Bird bothering you?" Mitanni asked, calling out to him in casual tones. She assumed he'd been the one to send the bird flying, and wondered if he'd be more hospitable to another wolf instead.
9 Posts
Ooc — Wolfen
Bloods ears suddenly pinned up in surprise. An unknown dark wolf was laying not too far in front. He stared blankly for a moment, confused as to what she was referring to. Then remembered the small winged creature he had sent on its way a minute ago. He took a few seconds to stretch his limbs to their full extension and let out yawn. "Eh, not a fan of winged rats disturbing my peace" 

The misty air has started to leave Bloods pelt damp and heavy. He bent his neck over to lick at the fur in an attempt to dry it off a little. After he was adequately moisture free, he flopped onto his other side, warming it. Exhaling and re closing his eyes, Not at all phased by anthers presence.
The Inquisitor
228 Posts
Ooc — Sable
It took the wolf a second to answer her, but Mitanni wasn't altogether surprised by how he responded. "Winged rats" was a funny concept to her, and she couldn't fight the quick smile that drew the corner of her mouth up on one side. "They can be awfully noisy," she agreed. And messy. Maybe winged rats wasn't actually too far off the mark.

She watched at a distance as the male groomed his fur and resumed his restful position, not welcoming her in closer but not sending her away. Taking it as a good sign--surely he'd have made it clear she should leave if he wanted her to?--Mitanni took a few cautious, nervous steps forward, her ears perked and her eyes searching him for any sign of discontent. "Sure is warm here," she commented, still choosing a casual tone, "nice change from the cold. How is that, do you know?" The question came unexpectedly, even for her, but she was interested in learning how the ground--and the steamy pools of water that she could now see--was so much warmer here than everywhere else.
9 Posts
Ooc — Wolfen
"Huh, i've never really thought about how it happens before, but there must be some sort of heat source coming from underground. Though i couldn't say what exactly" He opened his eyes and sat up, to talk to her. After all it would be rude not to. He welcomed the presence of friendly wolves. It was always useful to have buddies around, just in case you need them or they need you.

His eyes blinked slowly still getting used to being fully awake. He scanned the stranger, this was the first wolf he'd come across in a good few months. It was nice and reassuring to know that he wasnt completely alone in the world. He was trying to figure out if this wolf was worth hanging around with. Most loners would be happy making small talk then leaving. Blood enjoyed small talk, but preferred in depth conversations that had meaning to them rather than discussing pointless topics.
The Inquisitor
228 Posts
Ooc — Sable
He didn't seem entirely certain, but the male had a suspicion of how the area was so warm compared to the surrounding territories. Mitanni was grateful for the answer nonetheless, glad to at least have an idea. And it made sense. She could find nothing to disprove it or explain the situation instead. "Interesting," she commented thoughtfully, seating herself and looking away at the hot springs to study them quietly.

After a moment of silent contemplation, she returned his amber gaze to the male, seeing now a clear sign that her presence was welcome. He sat looking her way, expectantly she thought, appearing ready to converse. That was a nice change. She'd yet to just sit around talking with anyone--her recruitment conversations didn't quite count--and she was wholly interested in learning everything she could about this new region and the wolves that inhabited it.

Starting with a name. "I'm Mitanni," she greeted him, feeling comfortable enough to smile, "Mitanni Anath." It felt nice to talk with someone without the pressure of joining their pack hanging over her. "Are you from these parts?"
9 Posts
Ooc — Wolfen
Blood curved his lip into a smile. "My names Blood, And ye. I guess you could say im from around here, Im usually up o'er at the canyon. Or along the bottoms of the mountains, but i decided to come down here for today, To just relax and warm up, its been awful cold these last few days" It was nice to have someone who was actually willing to talk and have a proper conversation. Most of the locals round these parts didnt take kindly to him. Blood didn't mind, traveling solo style was his thing. He didn't plan on giving that up for a long time yet. 

Being trapped within the duties of pack would become a nightmare. Running wild and free was his calling and a rather lovely one indeed. Most wolves cared about finding a place to call home and settling down, He had no desire to do such a thing. Maybe something in his life could happen to make him change the way he thinks, But like any wolf. He cant read his own destiny. His nose is too close to the paper.
The Inquisitor
228 Posts
Ooc — Sable
Blood. That was rather...ominous. But for someone with such a dark name, Mitanni thought he had a nice smile, one that was at odds with what she was intended to call him. Maybe it's the fur, she concluded, discreetly studying the startling red shade that covered his large body. Yeah, that had to be it.

Despite obviously disliking winged company, Blood warmed up to her fast--Maybe that's the hot springs talking--and answered her question without any hesitation. Her dark ears perked instantly as she heard him mention the canyon, but politely she waited, pinning her thought until she could speak. Mitanni knew of the canyon. She'd traveled right past it on her way here, purposefully. Did he know of the would-be pack that was camping there? Might she have accidentally stumbled upon another future member of that pack?

"It has been cold," she agreed, "bone chilling on some nights." She suddenly felt envious of his larger stature, feeling certain that it kept him warmer than her own slight frame did for her. But there was no use grumbling about physicality. "Makes this place paradise."

Mitanni paused, allowing a small silence before she ventured another question, curious as always, "So you've been by the canyon? I hear there's a group of wolves gathering there to move and form a pack somewhere else." There was no sense coming right out and saying she was a part of it yet. She'd yet to make that commitment in full, but she was curious to know Blood's take on the matter if he had one.
9 Posts
Ooc — Wolfen
Bloods ears pinned to his skull when he heard the other wolf speak of the band. "Yes, I've seen them" He remembered the time he had an accidental run in with the wolves. "Not a fan of packs, those guys aren't exactly my idea of good company" He looked down. "Although im probably not qualified to make that judgement, i dont know them well, ive never had a conversation with them" He smiled again. Blood scanned Mitanni. Working out if she traveled alone and why she was bringing up the mysterious gang from the canyon.

He came to no conclusion in the end. But had suspicions that she was one of their members, but he wasnt sure. Would it really matter anyway? He had found a wolf that could possibly turn out to be a friend. He hadn't had a friend in ages, it would be nice to have someone to trust again.
The Inquisitor
228 Posts
Ooc — Sable
Oops. Bringing up the group from the canyon only appeared to irk Blood as he spoke what he knew of them, and Mitanni tried not to openly fidget at his description. She began to wonder instantly just what had transpired to give him such a poor impression of the group, but was also afraid to ask.

"Oh," was all she said, giving a moment's pause before shrugging her shoulders noncommittally. "I was only curious. I'd heard of them and wanted to learn more." That at least was absolute truth. She knew so little about them and asking questions had only gotten her so far. Mitanni concluded that the only way she was going to properly learn about them was to join.

"There seems to be a lot of packs around here," the mottled wolf added conversationally, looking away as if she could see their borders from here. "Kind of tempting in this weather. Though I guess if you stay here where it's warm  the cold isn't much of an issue, huh?" Mitanni smiled again, unsure if it was just Malice's pack that Blood had an issue with or if it was all packs in general.
9 Posts
Ooc — Wolfen
"Ye, it doesn't really make a difference if im in a pack or not to me. I guess i just like to be free, with no annoying ties to keep you from life" Blood stared off into the distance for a moment. the suspicions had nagged at him enough. He had to ask. His curiosity had won over him. "Do you travel alone? Or do you have a pack or someone you travel with?" 

His thick red pelt was once again becoming heavy and wet, from the moisturized air around the springs. He stood up, wobbling after so long laying down. He shook his pelt out, being cautious not to hit Mitanni. He lay carefully back down, stretching out his limbs.
The Inquisitor
228 Posts
Ooc — Sable
Blood's words hit home for Mitanni. She'd wandered for so long that pack life was a thing of the past, a piece of socializing that she couldn't quite remember right. And yet she was already planning on handing away that freedom and allying herself with a pack--the very pack this wolf clearly didn't like. "Yeah," she sighed, almost wistfully, "can't beat freedom." Boy, was she going to miss hers.

While most of the questions that had been driving their conversation so far had been asked by her, the red-hued wolf finally asked one of his own. The brown wolf tilted her head, surprised, and hesitated a second before deciding how to answer. "I'm alone right now," Mitanni answered, sticking to honesty as well as she could, "I've been approached by different packs though, but I haven't decided anything yet." That, also, was true, even if she'd already promised herself to keep a closer eye on Malice and her bunch.

"Hard to commit to something when you don't really know what you're committing to," she added with a rueful sort of smile. Which was exactly what she planned to do.