Sleeping Dragon Hunt
86 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
Ooc:@BelleBlueWolf
 Lorne ran through the woods,following the scent of prey to a large open field. As she neared it she slowed,balancing her weight on her toes so as to keep as quiet as possible. She shifted into a hunter's crouch,a position she was familiar with after the years of hunting. She panted quietly, waiting for her new friend Belle to catch up. She tilted her head back some as the wind shifted,catching scent of a rabbit. It must be burrowing out here. It was a prime spot,grasses nearby alongside a small stream. She smiled,Belle would be happy to have rabbit. It was her favorite she had learned.
Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep.
♢♢♢
199 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Thanks for making the thread!

Belle ran up to Lorne and smiled as she also scented the rabbit. "Should we go for it?" She asked her hopefully. She couldn't wait to catch it, they were speedy and hid well. She shuffled on her paws excitedly.
I see quiet nights,
poured over ice
86 Posts
Ooc —
Lorne nodded,not speaking as she didn't want to scare it if it was nearby. She jerked her head towards it,and then rose up launching herself forward. She moved quickly,following the scent to a brown rabbit who had been munching on grass. When it caught sight of them chasing it,its beady brown eyes showed the whites and it let out a squeal of fear. It began to run as well. Lorne sped up,hoping that Belle could keep up.
♢♢♢
199 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Sorry for not posting sooner!

Belle indeed sped up as the chase began. This was by far her favourite bit. The thrill of the hunt was marvelous. The rabbit ran fast, darting through bushes and over rocks like nothing you could have imagined. But Belle ran fast too. She was tired now, but still excited and would not give up. "Lorne" she said, out of breath, but still running. "I'll try and go round and stop it, so we can kinda surround it" Then she began to go around the trees, faster and faster, until she was sure she was in front of it.
I see quiet nights,
poured over ice
86 Posts
Ooc —
that's okay, we all have lives. Of everybody else does at least. *sigh* :P

Panting, Lorne let out a huff of agreement seeing as she couldnt talk at the moment. Her legs we're trembling with the exertion of chasing the sure footed rabbit. She ignored it, tuning out the burning of her lungs as well. She followed the rabbit, chasing it towards its den where she knew Belle would be waiting to deliver the death blow. All she had to do was get it there. Perhaps the rabbit sensed something for it tried to veer off course before she leant and snapped at it. 

With another peculiar squeal it darted forward. Almost there now. It was nearing the den and she slowed once it was close enough not to get away. She moved towards the den at a slower pace, waiting for Belle to spring on it as she tried to catch her breath.
♢♢♢
199 Posts
Ooc — Belle
As soon as she was in the right position, she waited for Lorne to chase the rabbit close. It was only a few moments before she saw them speeding towards her. When Lorne had done her part, Belle watched as the rabbit, unaware, shot past - It was too late. Belle pounced and sure enough, her timing was right and she caught the rabbit. She bit down hard, then wincing in pain as she realized she had jumped too close to the edge of a small ridge. Their kill was still firmly in her jaws, but in a second she was tumbling down, hitting a few small sharp rocks as she rolled. The rabbit - Still in her mouth - was bleeding, leaving a trail as they finally reached the end. It was just a small little ridge, but was covered in quite a few rocks. She sat up. She had dropped the rabbit when she hit the ground. She was dizzy, her vision slightly blurred. "Lorne!" she called, realizing Lorne was still at the top. She got up and gasped in pain when she saw she had a few bleeding cuts on her side, stinging. "Ouch" she murmured, trying to ignore them as she searched for the rabbit. She found it on top of a log, just a few centimeters from her landing.
I see quiet nights,
poured over ice
86 Posts
Ooc —
She watched in excitement about to let out a victory whoop when Belle caught the rabbit. Neither of them had taken into mind the several foot high drop, covered in rocks. Her excitement quickly turned to shock and then fear as Belle tumbled over it.

Scrambling to the edge she peered over, Belle was down there her drop predecented by the trail of blood left behind. Thankfully it was the rabbit's blood not her friend's. "Belle!"

She hurried to the least steep side and carefully picked her way down. It wasn't very high but it was obvious Belle was injured and it wouldn't do to have two injured wolves stuck in the small ravine. 

Once down, she hurried over to Belle's side noting that she still clung to the dead rabbit doggedly. She extracted it from her friend's mouth and sat it aside. She didn't bother asking if she was okay, she obviously wasnt, instead she began to sniff her over.

"Here lean on me and I'll help you back to the pack okay? A healer can help you,"with that she leaned against the side that didn't smell like blood, scooping up the rabbit her friend had worked so hard for. As far as she was concerned she could have it all.
♢♢♢
199 Posts
Ooc — Belle
She shook her head, a little dizzy, as Lorne made her way down into the little ravine. "I-I'm okay, I'm fine" She whispered, sitting up. She was grateful for Lorne's help and support. "Thanks, Lorne" She looked at her side; There were a few cuts, one was a little more deep than the others, but none would really cause too much harm.

She stumbled around, leaning on her friend's warm side. Her cuts wouldn't take too long to heal, she was sure. They weren't too serious.
I see quiet nights,
poured over ice
86 Posts
Ooc —
I think this is the last from me

She nodded, unable to speak with the rabbit in her mouth. She moved slowly, helping Belle up the side she had gone down to retrieve her friend. Once at the top she helped lead her away back to the pack's core.
♢♢♢
199 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Okay, thanks for the RP!

Belle stumbled up the hill, leaning on Lorne's side. Already the cuts were not stinging quite so much. "I'm sorry I ruined the hunt. We probably would've caught more if I hadn't fallen down that slope" She sighed, miserably. She flicked her tail as the two walked away.
I see quiet nights,
poured over ice