Sleeping Dragon Doppleganger
A meaningful silence is better than meaningless words.
255 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Private 
@Lorne (I owe you a thread! So sorry I neglected to answer!)

Hush was patrolling the borders - doing something for once. He had been...depressed? Perhaps that was what it was? He had no idea what the feeling was truly like, but if it included an inability to move, then he had it. Regardless, the hybrid walked along the thick, burning scent that marked his pack's territory. Occasionally, he added his scent to the invisible line, raising one of his nimble legs and spraying a pungent mark in the melting snow before moving onto the next gap in their wall.

It was tedious work, but Hush found that he enjoyed it. He couldn't interrogate or interview any wolves that he might encounter here, but he could still howl and summon a pack of wolves or a pair of powerful queens. He might find a trade in patrolling the borders. Hmm...he must consider this. But for now: his task. It was an important one, and therefore he must not be distracted until he was finished. Not distracted by anything. Or anyone.
Trades:
Guardian (0/10) — Ranger (0/10)
Note: Hush cannot form words. He can, however, chuff, snarl, bark, and make a yodel-like howl.
86 Posts
Ooc —
Lorne was doing what she did best,exploring. To be fair it was what she mostly did with her free time. She had few friends amongst the pack and no trade yet,no one to even help her. She was padding through the woods when she smelt another subordinate like herself. She followed it,crouching stealthily. She crept silently peering from behind a tree to watch him. It was the silent one, the one that looked startlingly like her. She watched him for awhile not noticing the wind shifting and bringing her scent forwards,right towards him. She considered leaving,he seemed busy. She doubted he could even speak,it didn't seem like he would even want to bother with her. She decided for now to watch him for awhile,it was a hobby of hers to wolf watch.
Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep.
255 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
^Double post

Years of living with his sister, the only wolf more quiet than him, had given him a 6th sense that tingled through his spine when a wolf was watching him. That, and the wind had brought the female's scent towards him (but he would never admit that). Hush was confused. She was of his pack and they were all friends (or at least acquaintances) here. Why didn't she come forth and greet him like a normal wolf? He was used to Quiet's silent creepiness, but this was different. A pack wolf should be comfortable greeting her own.

Turning away from his task, he faced the watcher with a confused face as he finally saw her russet pelt...which matched his own. Minus his husky-eyes and coyote-muzzle and wiliness, she was more of a twin to him than Quiet was. It unnerved him. Why did she look exactly like him? Apprehensive, he chuffed softly in greeting, hoping she would break the silent tension that formed when one saw their own doppleganger.
Trades:
Note: Hush cannot form words. He can, however, chuff, snarl, bark, and make a yodel-like howl.
86 Posts
Ooc —
Ooc:I saw it but it wouldn't let me delete it for some reason. :P

Lorne moved forward seeing as he didn't mind her being here and studied him. They could've been twins. Her head cocked to the side. "You look just like me,"she murmured more to herself than anything. She didn't think he could speak,she had never heard him while wolf watching as she called it. "You're Hush right?"  He could at least nod couldn't he?
255 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Hush closed the distance between them, barely catching what the female had to say. She voiced his thoughts at least. The coywolfdog wondered how Quiet would react to this girl (he thought his sister wouldn't like her at all) as he nodded in answer. The hybrid got close, close enough to smell her in detail now, breathing in and recognizing her scent. It would help him to know the aura of his twin.
Trades:
86 Posts
Ooc —
"Well that's odd I suppose. That we look alike I mean. Its nice to meet you,"she told him smiling happily. She liked to meet anyone in her pack. He would be the fourth she had met. Goliath was missing,she had spoken to Gyda once when she joined,and Belle had become her friend. She hoped that Hush could be her friend as well. She hoped he didn't think she was rude for not coming forward. "Sorry about being a creeper,you looked busy. I didn't want to bother you." She knew he couldn't answer with words but she still spoke to him. If she couldn't talk she wouldn't want people treating her any different than they would others.
255 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Hush's initial apprehension was shed slightly. He relaxed his body, though he was still perplexed that a wolf looked so much like him without being related. Did that happen often? He knew that many wolves were black or white furred, but they still looked different enough not to be confused (unless you're running at top speed and can't tell who from who...but that's a different story). She explained her stalking, which made Hush nod understandingly. She was just trying to polite, though he didn't think watching from a distance was acceptable behavior (something he wished he could tell Quiet time and time again). The coywolfdog's tail wagged slightly as he began to warm up to his lookalike. She wasn't half bad.
Trades:
86 Posts
Ooc —
not sure what else to say :P

Lorne shuffled on her feet,not sure what else to say to Hush. She figured he was probably ready to get back to his work seeing as he had been patrolling before she interrupted. "I guess I should leave you to it. Bye Hush,"she smiled at him as she stood,shaking her fur out.
255 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Hush wasn't surprised by the awkwardness of the conversation - in fact, he was used to it. Not many people liked having a conversation with a mute wolf, or could even make one last beyond 3 sentences. It meant little to him that the doppelganger awkwardly shied away after introducing herself. They could hang out together another time and in a different setting. He had work to do.

Turning around towards his initial direction, Hush resumed his patrol, putting the encounter in the back of his mind for now. Hopefully, this didn't have the same foreboding nature as told in the legends of the doppelganger.
Trades: