Emberwood No one's here? Good.
I promise I will love you forever.
362 Posts
Ooc — Amelia
All Welcome 
Open to everyone! But @Spring, if you have time, your welcome to join too. Also, for those PHX wolves who haven't met Laika yet (@Tavi, @Desna, @Lunar Eclipse, @Grace, and @Shreya, you are all free to join if you have the time!) No need to! ^^

Just like she told herself she would, Laika was up at the crack of dawn. Despite her yawns and her body's drowsy attempts to get her back to bed, she crawled out of her den and shook herself - as if to shake herself awake.

She set out to the Emberwood, setting a brisk pace that should get to to there well before Sunhigh. Pausing quickly at the border, she made sure the markings were fresh and uneasily missed, before looking around for Spring. Would she take the offer to come along? Or was she busy today? Either way, there was no movement among the dim light and she began her trek again. Her friend knew where the emberwood was, she could find it if she wanted. 

Finally, the she-wolf entered the wood, the thick trees closed around her and she felt secure again. She glanced around and decided to patrol the outside for any signs of Rosings wolves re-entering. She doubted this would be the case, but she was prepared to let her Alphas know. She made the plan to hunt on the way, picking out the prey that stumbled across the path. 

She hoped the prey would be plentiful here - more than at the Maplewood at least. There were wolves all the time in Maplewood, while Emberwood was not the home of a pack, rather the few loners and pack wolves that traveled through. Without pausing any more, she made her way along the outskirts of the woods.
Sometimes You Just Have To Believe
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
That morning shortly after saying a sad farewell to Reek.  Also after making sure to treat Reek's bee sting wounds.  She felt an odd pang in her gut.  It was a weird feeling to know that you might never see someone again.  Someone that she had gotten so used to seeing.  It would be sad, not to have another skilled healer to speak with in the pack.

Now she dashed towards the Emberwood towards her meet-up spot with Laika.  She had so much to tell her friend.  She pushed her pace faster, bounding closer and closer towards Emberwood.  She saw trees flash by out of the corners of her eyes, as she sped past them.  After around fifteen minutes the Emberwood fell into her golden/brown orbs line of view.  She paused letting out a howl directed at her friend.  I’m here.  Spring howled to Laika, then continued to dash through the creepy, dark Emberwood.  Suddenly she saw the silvery white figure of her friend.

“Hey Laika.”  She chuffed to her friend.  Her words were friendly, but her gaze was troubled.  She shuffled her paws nervously, preparing to tell her that Reek had left Phoenix Maplewood.  She had a good nice speech prepared, but all that came out of her maw was were two saddened words:  “Reek’s gone."
362 Posts
Ooc — Amelia
Laika turned with glee as she heard Spring bounce up. The she-wolf stopped in her tracks and turned to greet her with an equally excited smile. But, Laika soon noticed Springs troubled eyes and her smiled faded, tail coming to a stop. Her heart lurched to her throat as she braced herself for the news that was to come.

Before she could muster the few words what happened Spring, She had already blurted it out. What!? How was this possible? Reek was gone? Her face showed her shock and her head tilted in dismay and confusion. Once she had wrapped her brain around it, her face turned even more confused. He must have done something to make Saena turn him away. 

She shook her head. "W-what happened?"

Her maw was open in awe as her mind still struggled to process. Okay, things were going to be different in Phoenix Maplewood. But she knew for a fact that it wouldn't be that bad, for Saena was a wonderful and wise leader and she felt no despair being under her control.
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
“A conflict struck between him and Saena.  She forced him to leave by this morning.  He won’t be coming back,  only to see his pups a few times after they are born under supervision.”  She responded, eyes trailing the ground, absently.  She had never expect events to turn this way.  Life could be so very much unpredictable.

“It’s weird though.”  Spring admitted.  “To think that we may never see Reek, the Reek that were used to again.  The Alpha Reek.”  She sighed.  “It’s just so strange...”  Spring whispered.  “I always thought that Reek and Saena were unbreakable... I guess I was wrong.  They seemed to always care about one another so much... but now.”  Spring paused for a moment, pondering her next words.  “I just don’t know what to think.”
She Made Broken Look Beautiful & Strong Look Invincible. She Walked With The Universe On Her Shoulders & Made It Look Like A Pair Of Wings.
363 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Grace had gone out exploring, finding herself in a wide expanse of herbal growth. Refreshing her knowledge of the things surrounding her, the russet yearling wandered down the glade. When she finally broke from it, pulling her black faded underfur free of some wild tendrils, looking around her surroundings, she found herself in a thick copse of trees she would know later to be Emberwood. As soon as she opened her jaws, prey scent flooded her and she looked around, yellow eyes shining at the possibility of a good meal. She'd been in the pack only a night, still a stranger to all but Saena. She'd seen many wolves as she stalked her way around, but had been too fearful to do anything but run to her den as night fell. It'd been weird, spending a night in a community place. At first, she'd found it worrisome, untrusting of the wolves around her. However, as the moon rose higher in the sky, the sounds of soft breathing and faint whispers of nose soon lulled her to sleep; Grace was sure she'd soon find it a comfort of pack life, assuming she stayed here. She liked the lively, bright maplewood trees of the Phoenix packs territory; she felt that it , the warm colors seemed to relieve some of her stress. Stalking heavily off through the trees, Grace began to track down an unfamiliar prey scent.
362 Posts
Ooc — Amelia
Laika nodded, words unable to come to her mouth. She didn't know what to say. She stayed positive, however because she knew Saena was a good leader. 

"Well, hopefully things have changed for the bette-" she paused mid-word. Something was within the forest a few yards away away. It was small, but not small enough. She flicked her tail for Spring to follow her, and slunk forward with a hunter's swiftness, maneuvering her way quickly through the thick foliage. 

It was a smell she didn't recognize. It could be a new Phoenix Maplewood wolf, for she knew that some new wolves were recently accepted. As she reached the point she could see the wolf, her tail stilled in focus. Now that she was closer, she could detect the faint smell of the Maplewood. So she was a maplewood wolf? She still had to be careful, for she wasn't sure. 

She stepped out of cover, revealing herself to the other. She did not hold a threatening stance, nor a dominant one. There was no need for this, yet. "Hello." She spoke, tail tip twitching. She glanced at Spring and then looked back at the other wolf.
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
A scent flooded into Spring nostrils.  It has the scent of the Maplewood on it and some other things too.  It smelt like a wolf.  Her eyes flicked curiously to Laika.  Checking to see if her friend had caught the scent too.  She had, Spring notice.  Laika was glancing in the same direction as her now, facing the place that the scent was coming from, her friend had also stopped speaking for the moment.  She followed Laika with her friends silent flick of her tail.  Stealthily following her friend to unveil an unfamiliar wolf.
She Made Broken Look Beautiful & Strong Look Invincible. She Walked With The Universe On Her Shoulders & Made It Look Like A Pair Of Wings.
363 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Grace caught scent of the she-wolves just before they pushed out of the undergrowth. The russet female pinned her ears and curled a lip in warning at the strangers before she realized they weren't really strangers; they were her packmates. They smelled of Saena, and the maplewood scent she'd come to enjoy very swiftly. She thought she remembered seeing them the night before but couldnt be sure. She relaxed her face, letting her ears swivel around to listen for anymore wolves. "Hello...." Eyes the color of molten gold were anything but warm, but shielded and distrustful if not downright afraid. She anxiously clawed the ground as she shifted her weight, glancing at both females and watching their body language. "I'm of the Phoenix Maplewood pack. You two smell as if you have been for a while, no?" She spoke softly, but obviously was trying to be kind. The poor she-wolf wasn't adapted to being nice or friendly, not after her first year of life. The twisted, severely scarred left hind leg was a sign of that. ; but the faded black she-wolf was making no attempt to hide it as she had at first. If the alpha herself had been impressed by her skills, she knew she didnt need to prove this to the other wolves. She did, however, want to make friends here and begin a new life;, so she was trying hard to fit in and be normal.
362 Posts
Ooc — Amelia
Laika nodded as the small faded black female spoke. She tilted her head at her question, watching the female closely. Her body language stayed unthreatening, for this was one of her pack mates. 

"Yes, we've been here for a while. I'm Laika, and this is Spring. What would your name be?" She noticed that the girl was shielded and looking quite afraid. Her words were warm, and her eyes were kind, hoping to coax some life out of her. 

Her tail wagged playfully as she glanced at Spring again, wondering what her friend thought of her.
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
The new female looked pretty nervous.  That got Spring thinking.  Why was this fellow Phoenix Maplewood member here?  In the Emberwood?  She understood if a wolf who had been apart of the pack when they stormed on Rosings was here, checking it out, but this wolf was just so new, it seemed to Spring.  Especially since this female seemed to be new, as Spring had never seen her before.  She nodded her head as if to confirm her name was Spring when Laika mentioned it.  Still her pupils dilated as she pondered who this wolf was and what their purpose was here.  Had they gotten lost maybe?

Spring decided to ask why this female was in the creepy dark Emberwood, as curiosity took ahold of her.  “Why are you in the Emberwood?”  The Gamma asked, after Laika  asked for the females name, her own voice currently was in monotone.  She noticed the female observing them, Spring did not enjoy to be observed and decided to keep her feelings good or bad right now to herself at the moment.
363 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Faced with both female's questions, Grace's anxiety spiked. Laika's friendliness was slightly comforting, but she felt anxious at Springs neutrality and took a nervous step back. Things so simple made her stomach twist in fear, but the russet she-wolf took a slow, deep breath, and finally answered after a moment. "My name is Grace. I'm here only because I went into some herbal growth, seeing what I knew of them, and when I came out the other side I was here." Another stab of fear gripped her as she worried she'd tracked somewhere other than her territory. But wait, that couldn't be right, why would two other Phoenix wolves be here? "What are you doing here? This isn't somebody else's land is it?" Her russet and black fur rose a bit on her spine as she glanced around in worry. The yearling suddenly wished she were back in the maplewood, to their warm scents and comfortable spacing.
362 Posts
Ooc — Amelia
Laika smiled, but didn't dare get any friendlier. She didn't know this wolf, or what she was capable of. Spring asked a good question, and when Grace answered both questions, she nodded. That sounded fair enough, but she still stayed weary. 

"It's nice to meet you, Grace." Once the female asked her question, Laika was quick to answer. "We recently has a skirmish with a newer pack who tried the settle here. We came to check out the borders to make sure they haven't come back and to hunt." Laika wagged her tail a bit before turning back to grace, wondering what she would say next.
363 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Grace was at a loss for words, golden eyes glancing around nervously as she scrambled for something to say. She knew she couldn't convince these wolves of her sincerity, but its not like it mattered; Grace knew that what sure said was no lie. She was just glad she wasn't trespassing.
            "Am I doing something wrong, by being here?" 
She would gladly go back to the maples, but didnt care one way or the other.
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Your fine @Grace, but just try to remember to post in order which is:  Laika, Spring, Grace

Spring was about to answer that she and Laika were here for some quality time and to make sure the pack that Phoenix Maplewood had recently chased out was not here to answer Grace’s question, but Laika beat her to it.  Her ears perked up as Grace asked yet another question, this time asking if she were doing wrong by being here.  Spring sighed.  Grace had a point, no, she had done nothing wrong.

“No you’re fine Grace.”  Spring told her.  “Your lucky you stumbled into the Emberwood though... if you had gone in the opposite direction that you did, you could have easily broken a peace treaty that would have caused a war.”  Spring informed Grace.  If she seemed stern, she wasn’t trying to be.  She was simply trying to inform a fellow member to stay safe... in her own way.
363 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
(I'm so sorry, I wasn't paying attention. Im going to assume since nobody else has posted that its my turn and the order will be back to normal.)

Grace's red and black fur spiked a little in fear, but the yearling soon had it laying smooth again. "I'll make sure to pay better attention next time...." Her ears lay flat, hanging her head at the light scolding, but Grace knew she needed to know. Her new pack probably wouldnt be her pack anymore if she were to cause a war. She could tell Spring was only trying to keep herself and her pack mates safe, not just being tough on the newcomer. Next time, she would make sure to check better for scent lines, not take any risks. She shifted from paw to paw nervously, glancing around her surroundings yet again to check for any form of danger and to but herself time to think of something to say. Sadly, the anxious female couldn't seem to think of anything else to say and just waited from a response from either females.
362 Posts
Ooc — Amelia
Laika nodded in agreement at what Spring said, her face holding she same sternness as her friend. She remembered Esaro. He had ventured above the river and almost got killed by a very angry Thuringwethil.  It also put a damper in the packs' relationship that was surely not to be forgotten any time soon. Her tail slowed to a stop as her eyes searched Grace's face. She hoped the small wolf was taking this seriously, for this was a very serious matter.

She looked up at the sky. The sun was getting higher by the second, an all the good prey would be hiding soon! Most deer and other larger prey come out at dusk or dawn. Her paws itched to get hunting and she turned back to Grace, an excited fire in her blue eyes.

"Grace, Spring and I ought to get going, so you can either hurry back to the Maplewood, or help us hunt and patrol." She informed her, glancing at Spring to let her know they needed to go. Then, she turned back to Grace, wondering what the female would choose.

Sorry for the short posts lately, I hate posting on my phone.
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Spring gave a nod.  Enforcing what Laika said.  “Yes.  We will need to leave very soon if we want to get some good prey.”  Spring paused for a moment, before continuing.  “It’s your choice though Grace.  Don’t want you to feel forced or anything.”  Spring concluded.  Then waited to see what the brown and black furred female would decide.

Sorry for the short post, wasn’t sure on what else to type.
363 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Grace hesitated for just a moment before nodding. Laika's excitement seemed to be all the encouragement the red she-wolf needed. The faded black female limped forwards a few steps, urging the others to move. She'd come this far: she was determined to make friends and be more comfortable, even if it was awkward and stressful for the under socialized yearling.
         "I'll come with you. Three wolves are better than two, we can catch more prey to bring back."
Her words, though shaky, were firm. She seemed to be convincing herself, but she sincerely wanted to hunt with Laika and Spring. She wanted them to be friends and to show them that she wasn't just a nervous, ditsy little pup who didn't know what she was doing. Hunting could make up for her wandering outside the territory, even if she did no real harm.
362 Posts
Ooc — Amelia
"Alright." Laika began, tail wagging just a bit as she turned to sniff the ground. There were many scents - old and new, but the female was seasoned when it came to this. There was a strong scent of rabbit and deer, and she figured they should go after the deer first. They could be on the move, and if they don't act fast, they could loose a great feast. Her tail twitched as she silently told the two to follow her, nose to the ground as she padded forward on quiet paws.

Finally, they reached them. Score. There were three does and two fawns. Obviously, they would go after the young deer, and maybe a larger one if it came to it. She crouched in the bushes, thinking of a plan. She looked to the other too, asking with their eyes if they had any ideas to add. 

Both does were laying together in the grass, while one doe watched over them and the two others grazed. It was a well organized group, and this hunt would be challenging. If one of them could run out and distract the three does, it would be easier for the other two the kill the fawns She turned to Spring and Grace. 

"Who can run fast?" Laika knew she could, but she wanted to give the other two wolves a chance if they wanted too. "One wolf could run out and distract the does while the other two get the fawns. Once the fawns are pinned, they can come help the other two.
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Spring followed Laika and Grace, bringing up the rear.  As the group headed towards the scent of deer.  She felt the excitement of the hunt, creep up through her veins.  She loved to do this... was meant to do this.  Her tail lowered against the ground.  Although she knew Laika was an amazing hunter, she considered herself still pretty good (even though sometimes she had the most catastrophic epic fails).  Her warm golden brown gaze settled on the fawns.  Hmm... they looked quite tasty.  Something in her gut told her that this hunt would be successful.

She listened as Laika offered up the options.  Although she felt like hunting, causing a nice gold ol' distraction sounded so much more fun.  No... it sounded amazing!  She could do what ever on the green Earth that she wanted!  So long as it didn't scar the fawns away.... and she did't get trampled by some beast mode does... little did she know how much that sounded like Marshawn Lynch, because Emma happens to love the Seahawks, because they're beyond amazing.... but Spring didn't know who the Seahawks were, so she didn't get that connection.

"I'll distract."  Spring almost instantly offered.  She knew she could do this.  It would be pretty fun and enjoyable at the same time too.  She would love to have this role.  Anyways... Laika was an amazing hunter already and she really wanted to see how good Grace was.  Spring found herself slightly doubtful about success on Grace's behalf because of the female's leg.  She quickly banished that thought, already feeling guilty that she had thought that.  Maybe she would be surprised.  

Hopefully this would all work out...
363 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Grace followed Liaka, forcing herself to be okay with Spring out of view and following as she stalked forward. This was not where she had come from, this was her new home. Spring had no reason to harm her, especially since the three were out hunting and helping one another. The dim idea of a trap started to form as they walked, but the sight of the fawns made Graces instinct kick in. Shed only just opened her jaws as Spring offered, and the red and black she wolf shut them again. She was on the hunting party, no qualms. This was her chance to show she wasn't useless, that she really could pull her weight. She pulled her leg up to her body as high as she could, thankful again that she had at least most control over it. Her toes dipped down and slanted her paw towards the earth, bit the rest stayed up and out of the way as she hopped to Liakas side. Seemingly balanced enough, she turned her golden eyes on the female next to her to make sure she knew what was happening.
    "Are we going to go after the does, too?"
Grace knew she could move fast, but she wasn't trying to out maneuver angry mothers with a fawn tripping her up. She felt compelled to impress these females, and was intent on doing a good job as she had with Saena. She just had to stay focused. Truth be told, shed never actually hunted in a group. Shed trailed along on her fathers hunts with her brothers, but she'd never been allowed to do so herself. Grace hoped that from watching her brothers hunt, she could easily follow the lead of Liaka and Spring.
362 Posts
Ooc — Amelia
Laika nodded to Spring, smiling in delight. This was going to be great! Spring came up with the weirdest ideas of distractions sometimes and she knew Spring would not fail them. As for Grace, Laika was very curious to know how the female hunted. She knew she had that leg, but she doubted it slowed her down, judging by the she-wolf's confidence.

She turned to Grace as she asked the question. "For now, only the Fawns. If Spring keeps the does in range by the time the fawns are finished, we can go for them too." She was glad that she asked the clarifying question. Questions got you answers, and answers got you success - at least that's what her father always told her.

Laika's eyes surveyed the clearing, making sure there was nothing around to ruin their hunt. After a final sweep, she turned to Spring and nodded, giving her the signal to let a rip. Her tail raised to let Grace know to wait until the does were out of the way. Quietly, she leaned over and whispered in Grace's ear: "You take the closest fawn, I'll take the other."
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
The perfect idea sprung into Spring’s mind.

Spring made sure to stay hidden in the trees, so she wouldn’t blow her cover.  Quickly she rolled around in a patch of mud to semi mask her scent.  Then she let out a sound of beauty, a sound or incredible grace.  Although to some it would sound extremely annoying and ignorant.  The two does would most likely understand.  Spring was sure of it.  She was ready to get her inner stag on.

Maahhhhhhhuughnnnnn.”  Spring bellowed deep and throaty from the chest.  She guessed it had worked.  The three does now swiveled their heads around looking for the male stag they had heard.  No doubt looking for a mate maybe?  The three does started moving in her direction, smacking against each other as if saying:  My stag!  Get away!  Little did the does know that what they thought was a stag, was actually a wolf, attempting the noise of a stag.  “Mahhhhhhhhhhhhhuggghnnnnnn.”  Spring bellowed again.  The does picked up their pace, leaving the two fawns alone.  Grace and Laika had a clear shot.
363 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Fear gripped Grace's heart like long tendrils of ivy, wrapping her up and nearly freezing her to the spot. This was it, this was her chance to prove she was just as good as anyone else. She nodded to Liaka's whispered words, feeling her heart thump louder and heavier as she watched the does wander fatally from their children. For a moment, she hesitated. The way was clear, but was she to go first or did she wait for Liaka? The she-wolves excitement seemed to seep into Grace and infect her, and the russet yearling could barely contain herself. After a year of abuse and pain, it was even better to experience excitement and fun. However, once Grace started to question why she was even restraining herself, she felt the process begin as her muscles started to unfurl and she could focus on nothing but the fawn and herself. Too late to back away now, Grace barely felt her bad paw tapping against her side; what little brawn she had was set lose and she stretched her three good legs to their capacity. She took as long strides as she could, closing the gap between her and the fawn nearest to her in very small amount of time. Having whipped herself out from the trees too fast, she couldn't slow herself in time to lunge for the little deer and instead only had time to open her paws to tackle it to the ground, taking her own body in the momentum. Intent to keep it from getting away, she locked her front paws around its shoulders and bit down as hard as she could on its spine, not even paying attention to what way she was turned. Her tackle had carried them to Grace's back, and she'd pulled it right on top of her belly, though luckily it too was on its back. It struggled to break from the young wolf, calling in horror for its mother, but had no chance stuck on its back and wrapped up in Grace's legs, eventually going limp. Though the catch hadn't been very elegant, maybe even odd, she'd been quick in both mind and body; Grace hoped that counted for something as she rolled to the side and dropped her catch, panting fairly hard as she glanced around to see how the others fared.
362 Posts
Ooc — Amelia
Adrenaline pumped through Laika's veins as her paws itched to be moving. Spring did her thing, successfully luring the deer away from their children. She found herself being proud of Spring. She was such a successful wolf! 

Her mind was snapped back to reality once Grace started fidgeting, ready to move. Laika didn't even need to give a qeue for Grace was already on her fawn. With a smile, Laika dashed from the undergrowth, her body a white blur. Blue eyes locked on her prey and did not stray. 

Her fawn had been startled by the commotion between Grace and the other deer, so it was on its feet now, attempting an escape towards it's mother. Laika swerved a steep left, cutting the baby off and tackling it to the ground. The leap was graceful enough, but Laika wasn't pleased. Her claws ripped flesh as the fawn fell to the ground, calling out in distress for it's mother. By this time, the two does where aware of what was happening  and were very angry.

Laika now relied on Spring and Grace to back her up as she finished off the fawn. Laika delivered a quick killing blow to the neck, snapping it after a moment of pressure. As the lifeless fawn lay at her feet, the mother deer were a frantic and angry mess. They both realized that their offspring were dead, and they were now the ones in danger. Within a split second, Laika whipped around, tail wagging and teeth showing. 

This was going to be an exciting hunt! "Pick out the weakest one and let the other go!" She directed the two, figuring that four dead deer was going to be impossible to bring back to the food cache. Three is already challenging.