Larksong Grotto Gnawing on the bishops.
all you did will be undone
545 Posts
Ooc — Java
All Welcome 
For anyone interested in LSG.

The grotto wasn't ideal to her, but maybe that was because of how accustomed Tavi had gotten to golden trees and her beloved den. Maybe it was because she hurt all over - physically as well as emotionally, as desperate as the woman was to ignore that part of her. Having been sequestered within the rocky hillside with Reek, Tavi had waited a few days before moving herself. Reek tended to her of course, and she remained sullen, uncharacteristically withdrawn.

Three days after her arrival, she finally stirred. Tavi rose up from the crevice which housed her and, in time, worked her way along the ridge. She wondered briefly where Reek was — but assumed swiftly enough that he was recruiting. To think that they would form a pack here, so close to their old home and to the woman they'd both scorned so thoroughly.. The thought of the Maplewood soured her mood further, but Tavi did not stop wandering.
59 Posts
Ooc — Iris
So this was the ole' get-up that Reek was planning to settle in, eh? Ditty was about to go exploring around it when he noticed the form of another wolf. He wondered if this was the one other wolf that Reek had mentioned, but it could also just be a stranger, of course. The coywolf quickly approached, his tail waving cheerfully which only made the wolf in front of him seem even more sullen and unhappy. Her body language told him that much, and Ditty wondered if this was really the other half of Reek's new pack, 'cause he sure had seemed a whole lot more enthusiastic and happy.

"Hey-lo!" Ditty shouted out enthusiastically as he approached the other wolf, his tail hanging lowly behind his hocks and his body overall neutral. "Are you Reek's other wolf?" 'Cause there was him, and there was this one other mystery wolf, and maybe Reek had done some recruiting in the meantime and there were even more now?
545 Posts
Ooc — Java
She stopped when she heard a voice - a shout, actually - and jerked her head around so quickly she thought it might pop off. A sharp pain radiated out from the bite wound on her neck, sending a discomfort through to the back of her head. Tavi swayed for a second, getting a bit dizzy. The stranger kept on talking, and when they mentioned Reek — everything sort of clicked. I'm Tavi, she responded, words slurring just a smidge. And I know Reek, so, yeah -- guess I'm the other wolf. And the other woman, but, maybe Reek hadn't explained that part. It didn't matter now, sore as her many wounds were. Who're you?
59 Posts
Ooc — Iris
She seemed startled, which made Ditty stop his tracks, lest he worry or upset her in some way. Seemed the damage was already done, but her next response was friendly enough, although she still didn't look too happy. Ditty wondered what on earth happened to her, but he wasn't bold enough to ask such a thing. She probably wouldn't be too receptive of the question anyway, he so reckoned. She introduced herself as Tavi, and Ditty smiled brightly as she said that she knew Reek.

"I'm Ditty Roux-Abhren!" he said with the cheery smile still on his face. "Reek invited me to join the pack we're starting. So this is the place, huh?" Ditty suggested, and he looked around as though testing if he was liking what he was seeing for a home.
545 Posts
Ooc — Java
Well, as morose as Tavi was currently feeling, this guy seemed to have enough energy and enthusiasm for the both of them. He was all smiles, and Tavi couldn't help but crack a little smirk at his exuberant expression - though the rest of her remained placid. If Reek liked this guy and thought he'd be a good addition to whatever the crap they were doing here, then that was good enough for her. Yep, this is it. Home sweet... Something.

It wasn't the Maplewood, and it wasn't the Orchard where she grew up. In fact, as prolific as the trees were in this place, it was more rock and roll than anything else. There was the grotto itself, a mountain coated in residual ice that would take thousands of years to melt away, and the lake at the center which she hadn't quite reached yet. Everything else was hard, rigid, and difficult to traverse. Tavi was completely out of her element here. It was fine when she was just passing through, picking the easiest path she could back when she visited the north, but -- now this was going to be home. It was a lot to adjust to.

You ever live in a place like this before? she asked, her tone speculative but a bit more energized than before. Maybe this golden boy was a mountain man at heart? As far as she knew, Tavi was ill-suited for this kind of terrain; she was big and heavy, and... Well, injured right now. Maybe it only appealed to Reek because of its proximity to Saena? This thought she dismissed quickly, as she did not want to think about the friend she had just left behind.
59 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Ditty wouldn't let her lack of enthusiasm disturb him too much; she was probably just exhausted from working super hard to make this thing work and all that! A freakishly large smile remained on his face at all times, 'cause Ditty was still feeling pretty lucky. Yes, lucky -- this was an opportunity, and even though it was just the three of them right then, that just gave him more time to bond with Reek and Tavi. Yep, it was gonna be perfect!

She asked if he'd lived in a place like this before. There had been various places, but he hadn't ever been in a place with so much, well, grotto-like stuff. "Can't say I have. What made you guys choose this? I think the plains up north are pretty dandy, too. You know, the valley. Lots of open space and all." Ditty wasn't super partial to grottos himself, but he wasn't gonna complain now that he had already pledged. "Not that I'm saying this is wrong or nothing. I mean, it's good. Just haven't ever lived in a place with so much rocks, y'know?" Maybe Reek liked rocks or whatever. Tavi didn't seem too enthused about them, but then again, she didn't seem too enthused about anything.
545 Posts
Ooc — Java
So this was a new thing to Ditty too. That was a little disheartening, but Tavi's spirits were already too low for it to matter. He seemed rather jovial regardless, and so Tavi focused on that — hoping his enthusiasm would rub off on her in some way. He prattled on for a bit, and she listened as best she could, but Tavi wasn't exactly a patient woman. 

We lived in the woods to the south for a while. As she said this, her throat felt constricted. Her tongue dry. She licks her lips and considers giving up the conversation at that — but that's unfair. As far as she could tell, Ditty was genuine. It was Tavi that was the party pooper, letting herself be affected by things that were out of her control. And before that, well.. I guess it doesn't really matter.

Okay, Tavi. Quit being so emo and get on with your life. She lets out a sigh and gives her pelt a little shake, as if that could ease her worries and make her more compatible with the hybrid in her company. I've never lived in a place like this either. We'll adapt together though — if you're staying? You are staying, right? A thin smile pulled at her lips as she struggles to look like her normal self.
59 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Gosh, Ditty just wished that there was something he could do to cheer her up; Tavi seemed so down in the dumps for some reason or the other. Ditty looked at her and nodded at each thing she said. He was curious why she left her previous pack, and since social boundaries weren't really Ditty's thing he asked, "Why did you leave the forest?"

Then she asked if he was staying and he nodded enthusiastically. With a wide smile on his face he confirmed, "Yes, of course I'm staying. I'm actually gonna recruit some more wolves, too!" So convinced was Ditty that he would manage that he decided not to put it out there as a possibility but as a thing that was gonna happen.
545 Posts
Ooc — Java
Ditty confirmed that he would be staying, being mirthful and giddy - and the thought of a giddy Ditty should've made her laugh but it didn't - and then his first question caught in her mind, and her budding good mood faltered. What could she possibly say to that? The truth? If she was going to be a leader, then the truth was tantamount; but at the same time, she believed that the truth might discolor this wolf's view. What if he left because of the truth?

She'd have to take the chance, but... Tavi was not exactly confident in herself right now. She swallowed as much of her doubt as she could, and answered the very simple question. I was chased out. Reek too. The Alpha there is -- another mental swallow er, was, his mate. Maybe that would be enough to explain exactly why they were here now, if Ditty could make the connection. And she was my friend. But now we're... Here. Better here than nowhere though. The thin smile returned, trying to be upbeat about it.
59 Posts
Ooc — Iris
The story to their departure was a lot more painful than Ditty could've ever fathomed by himself. Ouch. Yet boundaries weren't exactly his sort of thing and so he didn't think too much of it. Things happened. Ditty didn't understand or know what sort of things Reek and Tavi had done to deserve this fate, but he was determined that things'd be alright. "Well, we're here now, might as well make the best of it," he said with a cheer in his voice. "Do you want to explore a little with me? Might as well see what this new place we're gonna live at is like." Ditty wasn't a huge fan of all the rocks but that was mostly 'cause he hadn't lived in such a place before. He cheerfully took a few steps, hoping that his enthusiasm would catch on and she would follow.
545 Posts
Ooc — Java
Alright, she agreed, not entirely eager for this adventure but... Perhaps it was necessary. Beyond needing to study the landscape, it made sense to try and bond with this enthusiastic halfbreed even if it was a little painful. Have you... Seen the lake? It made up the majority of the territory but it would take a few hours to reach regardless, unless they discovered something else. And there's the cliffs with the actual grotto -- have you seen that? Okay, she was starting to feel a bit more like her old self; her love of outriding was because of the interesting vistas she'd find through wandering - and this could be similar.
59 Posts
Ooc — Iris
At first Tavi didn't seem all too enthused, but as they set off to find whatever things the Grotto had to offer, she seemed to get a little more cheerful. Ditty's tail waved behind him as she asked him about the lake, to which he responded, "Nope," and the cliffs with the grotto, well, he'd seen it but not really from closeby yet and so added, "Nope! I pretty much just got here, so give me the grand tour!" It sounded like Tavi already knew lots more places than he did, and so with enthusiasm reverbeterating in his step, Ditty eagerly followed Tavi to allow her to show him what places she already knew.
545 Posts
Ooc — Java
I'm gonna fade this so we can get more up-to-date stuff going! :D

How strange, to be accepted in to a pack and become thoroughly invested, but not know its layout. Tavi found this curious, but said little as Ditty confirmed his ignorance. At the very least, they could tour the area together and bond (or bone, since that's what Java accidentally wrote the first time around). Okay, well... I'll show you. Come on. Tavi gave her head a toss, indicating that the skinny wolf was to follow her, and then led the way through the quickest route she could think of. They'd stop at the lake for a time, then head for the grotto — making a tiny incursion in to the small caverns lining the glacier and mountain until night fell.