Meadowlark Prairie Lioness eye
battle without honor or humanity
140 Posts
Ooc —

Pallas' recent endeavors had left her sore, so she had decided to lie low for a while. The Prairie was as flat as it was expansive, and the pale wolf had taken advantage of the small cover a lone and bent fir tree offered. Here she licked the spoils of her hunt from her pelt. She was frustrated her hunts had not been more successful, but she had eaten a small hare this morning. That was enough to keep her from being too irritable,  and the pale wolf was looking forward to an afternoon nap in the sun.
19 Posts
Ooc —
Trotting happily along Meiken hummed to herself as she moved, a small smile on her face. She was a naturally perky person and even now after being chased by a rather large fox she was still smiling.

When the wind shifted she smelt the other canine. It wasn't quite like a fox or coyote, nor a dog. Bigger, fiercer looking. Meiken being herself, only saw a new friend. She padded over happily, sniffing at the wolf. "Hello," she chuffed softly, tail wagging cheerfully.
140 Posts
Ooc —
The Stormthorn trotted along the barely exposed grass, noting the scents that weaved along the ground. She paused as a wolf approached her, her ears cupping forward as she caught sight of the canine. But it wasn't a wolf. She lifted her head immediately, on alert as the thing came closer. It was clearly canine, but it looked unlike any wolf she had ever seen. She decided it was some sort of weird coyote, albeit bigger and darker than most of its coyote counterparts. The wolfess strode forward with her body stiff, her tail held upright as she greeted the 'weird-coyote' in the custom of all canines: her nose first.
19 Posts
Ooc —
She sniffed the wolf back curiously, one paw held up as if to run if the much larger canine became aggressive. She sat back after her nasal investigation was done. "I'm Meiken. You look strange for a dog, but you're pretty." It was said sweetly, as a compliment.
140 Posts
Ooc —
The two stood along side each other, sniffing. Pallas felt her hackles rise slightly along her spine and tail. This wolf smelled like no wolf she had ever seen, or coyote. She had no earthly idea what it was. She jerked her head back abruptly as the not-wolf-or-coyote spoke and her brown eyes narrowed. This not-anything-she-knew was strange indeed, smaller than her with a shorter muzzle and longer limbs. Pallas was suspicious and the compliment did nothing to ease her doubt. "You're a weird looking wolf."
19 Posts
Ooc —
She laughed at the wolf's comment. "I'm not a wolf. I'm a dog, silly. It's like a fox or coyote but not. It's like a cousin to all those things," she tried to explain to the wolf, head cocking comically. She sat down in a calm manner, watching the wolf to see what her response would be.
140 Posts
Ooc —
The Stormthorn seemed unmmoved by the not-wolf's laugh. If anything her expression grew more stern. The explanation this not-wolf-not-fox-not-coyote supplied was perplexing at best, what kind of cousin looked like that? If this was not a wolf or coyote, that certainly opened up the prospect of making a meal out of her. Pallas studied Meiken silently, hunger visible in her predatory gaze.
19 Posts
Ooc —
The she wolf seemed colder than before, growing quiet and still as she sized Meiken up, for what she was not sure. Meiken withdrew slightly, wary of the odd gaze the female had leveled her with. Her hackles raised slightly, not in aggression but in tension as her ears flattened. She watched the wolf cooly, waiting for her to make the first move.

I'm okay with injury, just not death. At most I'm okay with her getting maimed as long as it's not permanently disfiguring. I.e. losing a limb or eye,etc.
140 Posts
Ooc —
Is that what you want? I wasn't planning on Pallas actually  trying to eat her.. but if you want damage/Pallas to attack she'd probably attack if Meiken did something unexpected.

A smile graced the Stormthorn's rough features. Her hungry gazing had scared the "dog". She hadn't made up her mind yet, largely because this dog-thing didn't look like she'd be easy to make a meal out of. With a sigh the she-wolf prowled around Meiken once with her tail lashing. The circle gave her enough time to reach a decision: it was too much effort to try to eat 'dog'. Perhaps later, when the dog wasn't so alert and obviously clued into Pallas' hunger.
19 Posts
Ooc —
if Pallas tries to eat her I was just laying out my guidelines for it :P I won't complain if she doesn't get attacked.

She turned with the female, keeping her honey eyes locked on it as it circled. She would not go down without a fight, and she would be damned if she didn't at least maim the she wolf in her struggle to live. Her hackles raised higher as the female waited for an opening to attack the smaller dog. Her fur floofed upwards, making her look larger defensively. She wasn't about to give the female the opening she was searching for.
140 Posts
Ooc —
Last post for me. Thank you for threading with me!

The she-wolf swung wide of the 'dog', giving the thing one last, lingering stare. She would need to remember the features of this thing in case she ever came across its likeness again. While she was disappointed she wouldn't learn of the dog's taste today, perhaps another time. With a growl she stalked assertively past the dog with her tail held high, signalling her dominance as she strode by. Unless the dog followed her, Pallas would make her exit.