Broken Antler Fen Stand firm
Zeta
Follow the light to your destiny. If you don't I'll make you. :)
130 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
All Welcome 

Securing the borders were the first steps in strengthen the pack. Kinra didn't waste any time fulfilling her duties as Sebastian's Knight. Making sure other wolves who wonder by know that there is a pack here is one of her objectives. If her mission didn't ask for it she would have avoided marking the borders in the first place.

Right now she was patrolling the marshes. There wasn't just wolves to worry about. There were animals who continue to come close. Dangerous or not they shouldn't be allowed within the territory. Pack safety was important, luckily as a hunter it felt simple to secure and track. There was still a lot of work to be done. She wondered what the other members were currently doing. Hopefully each one was doing their part effectively or there was going to be some drilling she'll force them into.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Aduin had a wide smile for two reasons. One, he caught a duck. Sure, it was already wounded from being clumsy. But it was still a catch. And two; No one had been there to see the two failed attempts. He wasn't yet used to the sloppy ground in the marshes, so the duck had been a lucky break.

As he drew closer back to the inner territory, he spotted a wolf. He recognized from the meeting, though still ducked down, looking more like a wolf trying to sneak in then a wolf already belonging, his duck clenched between his jaws. It was useless, for his grey fur pelt would easily give him away, as well as the fact he had been standing upright for a matter of seconds.
Zeta
130 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
A few seconds after marking another spot she saw an approaching wolf heading towards the pack territory. She felt like she recognize the wolf and figured that it was Sebastian for the other grey wolf at the pack meeting. She was about to continue with patrolling the borders up until she noticed the grey wolf acting suspicious. Why was he starting to sneak around? With a small chance in wind direction she caught the scent. It wasn't Sebastian for sure so that left one other possibly, It was the other grey wolf she hadn't had a chance to talk to yet.

She mainly wanted to know why he was acting suspiciously so she decided to put her task on hold and make her approach. She watched him carefully seeing that he caught a duck out there. To make sure he knew she saw him she called out. "Is there a reason to be trying to sneak around?!" She was still a bit far from him but surely he heard her. She continued stepped closer with her head up high and tail twitching upwards. Her eyes remained suspicious of him as she tried to guess the reasons of his actions.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Aduin flinched. He slowly cocked his head up to see her approaching. His tail hugged one of his rear legs at her tone. Finally, he found the courage to speak up after dropping the duck. "I-I didn't recognize you for a second" he stated nervously. That, obviously, was a complete lie. He recognized her easily. "B-but now I do..And I was about to take this duck in." The grey wolf picked up the duck again and lifted it for her to see.
Zeta
130 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
The Knight continued to approach until there was only a few meters between, then she stopped. She was still suspicious of him without doubt. He claims that he tried to sneak by because he didn't recognize her. Kinra would have believed it if only it had actually made sense. She didn't mind that he got himself a nice catch but what bothered her was the fact he tried to sneak, it didn't make any sense for him to do so.

She spoke in a cold tone "So your reaction to a stranger at the borders is the sneak around them?" Obviously she didn't approve of that. The best would be to confront or at the very least signal the whole pack. She gave him some time to think on that before saying anything else. She wondered if he could see the problem within his action, or in this case, his reaction. Her stance remains confident and her eyes were completely focused on the grey male.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Aduin took an awkward, shaky step back when she was mere metres before him. She then popped a question. He hesitated, lowering his head. Then murmured just barely loud enough to hear, "I get n-nervous around new faces." He glanced up with his head still low, his pupils at the top of his eyes. No matter how hard he tried, he was never one to be instantly comfortable. His face full of shame, he lifted his chin slightly. "I can't help it. I just get nervous..Except around Seb...he's like a brother to me" he murmured.
Zeta
130 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
She was not liking what she was seeing and hearing. Clearly this 'boy' lacked confidence which was something needed in a pack. If this wasn't fixed then this grey male would surely be the weakest link. Something like that was hard to welcome but if Sebastian had allowed him in then that is something she was just going to have to work with. "Well, Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Lady Kinra, a Knight who is currently serving Sir Sebastian." At least that way she wasn't a stranger to him.

This boy and Sebastian did seem to have a connection. This means it's up to her to fix the problems this grey male has. Already with an idea in mind she spoke in a calmer but demanding tone. "I want you to come with me on my next hunt." That way she could see his hunting abilities. He caught a duck so the chances are he could hunt. She planned on using that in hopes it will improve something in this male.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
The grey boy's tail started to wag slightly when she introduced herself. He hadn't heard of the term 'knight', but by the way she said it and how Sebastian accepted her, he guessed it was a good thing. "A-Aduin" he greeted in turn. He cocked his head a little to the side questionably. "W-what's a knight?" he asked, just as curiously as any pup. 

He nodded, seeing that it was not a request he could say no to. And why would he? A chance to prove himself. Upon thinking that, the flashback of his failure back at Redhawk came by. Would he fail like that? Aduin would just have to practice, and hope Kinra was more forgiving. To show he knew some things, he popped a question of his own, "What are we hunting? Some elk? A large prey would be beneficial for pack" he said with more confidence. Still, he felt little shakes throughout his body and twitches along his muzzle.
Zeta
130 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
"Alright Aduin, A Knight is wolf who is put through heavy training so they can serve an Alpha who is in need. That would be the basic idea." She answered briefly. Having to explain every little detail would take way too long. She was on duty she couldn't spend too much time chatting. With that said it seems like the grey male was becoming slowly braver. That was a sign of potential no doubt about it. She would say that he needed to be whipped into shape but now there was no desire of not accepting him as a pack member.

Kinra grinned when Aduin started talking of hunting some large prey. No, that was not what she had in mind. "Actually I was thinking of hunting for predators who still remained after Sebastian made his claim. It will be smaller targets but much more dangerous because they can and likely will fight back." She waited a little bit to see his reaction to that to see if he really was up for it. Then she added. "Exciting right?" For her it was but what about him?
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Aduin listened with intent at her explanation of what a Knight is. In simple terms, they were strong wolves who came to the need of alphas. Possibly even others. In some way, that resembled Seb to Aduin, the former resembling a knight. He had always been there to protect the smaller wolf after his sister's departure. They stuck together like tree sap was between them. His tail wagged at that thought, finding it oddly funny visualising that.

The grey male's tail stilled, his pace halting for a short moment. Did he hear correctly? Hunting predators? He quickly sped back up, hoping she did not notice his pause in his steps. "Um...predators? I-I'm not much of a fighter...I could help t-track, but that's about it" he let out, flustered suddenly. If she wanted him to fight, she was in for a whole lot of disappointment.
Zeta
130 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
Not much of a fighter? That was non-sense for Kinra. All wolves were built to be fighters. Everyone had the complete potential of becoming a fighter. Aduin was no exception, if he could hunt then he could fight which means he should be able to protect as well. In fact all wolves should be able to. They don't have to be good at it but must know the basics. She looked at him with a stern look. The grey male does have what he needs but lacks confident and skills in certain places. For his own good he'll need to learn.

"So you are telling me you are not a predator? I'm sorry to say this but we are not a herd!" Kinra voice was slightly rising. It's decided that Aduin was going to need some training before trusting him on a hunt. That should have been expected in a way. Perhaps even Brandy needed a little combat lesson too. Really it's for their safety as well as for the pack. "Listen Aduin, you may not be a fighter right now but that needs to change. How else will you be able to protect puppies from predators?" In way it sounded a bit motherly of her but she wanted to give him a reason to be a fighter.

Although right now it wasn't time to train him so she turned around to resume her patrol. "I could teach you the basics but not right now. If you wish to learn something then it will be up to you to find me later. I expect to see you later, Aduin."
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Aduin nodded slowly, ashamed at himself. The true fact wasn't that he couldn't physically fight. If he couldn't do that, then how could he take down large prey that was obviously going to fight back? No, it wasn't that. And he knew that. Though he would have rathered be completely useless like that then be lacking in the confidence to be useful. And that's why he did not tell others, except Seb. The grey-pelted boy trusted him with many secrets. Even if the lacking of confidence was obvious. 

The young male slinked back in shame from the female knight. Indeed they were no herd. A small whine escaped his muzzle when she spoke about how one would protect puppies if one could not fight. He rushed to find some kind of excuse; "Uh...well...I don't know" he murmured at the end.

When she extended an offer, or rather a demand, he nodded, accepting. "Okay. I-I won't let you down!" he said with a new excitement. He could prove himself to not only be a capable hunter, but also a capable fighter. She seemed like the right wolf to give him confidence. Then back to the current matter. "So..do you still want me to g-go with you, or n-not?"
Zeta
130 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
There were no excuses, she was obviously right and it was easily to tell the he knows that. Aduin was going to have to be able to fight no matter how he felt about it. He made it clear to Kinra that he was willing to do what is right, therefore she was more than willing to give him the push he needed to be more useful to the pack. She knows she can't just push him into the jaws of danger, it would be effective but risky. Taking risk was not necessary, there will be no short cuts. She kind of wondered how much Aduin could handle.

In any case, she was going to need to see what he really had later so she could see what he would be ready for. That was going to have to be done on another day. She stopped her steps for a moment to answer him. "Of course I do, Just being there can change the whole outcome. But you would have a larger influence on the outcome if you involve yourself more. If you wish to practice a little before the hunt then you'll have to come find me later." Without waiting for any response she went back to going on patrol. She'll finish her current task before doing anything for him.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
I'll finish up here

Aduin nodded one last time. "Okay...I'll c-call for you" he said, then turned to head off. Before doing so, however, he looked her over one last time. Just seeing her build told him she could teach him. If she couldn't, then Seb could always help. Kinra. Have to remember that name. With that, he headed off with a flick of his tail in farewell. "I'll see you around, I guess." From then, he would make sure he would be ready.