Great Bear Wilderness We get to carry each other
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke let out a snort in return, but he would play the game. He didn't know much about magic so a discussion about that topic might turn into something interesting. "She took the bone of her mother's pelvis and she is trying to talk with her. That kind of magic," he explained. He didn't know more details about it.

"She went away for awhile to some coven to learn about it," he stated with a shrug. He wasn't much of a believer, except when he would see it himself of course.
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
"Wow," Osprey did not know, if Burke would take it personally, in case she started to laugh, because the very idea that talking to a pelvis would connect you with your dead mother's spirit seemed fantastically hilarious. In the end she decided not to be a kid about it and respect the type of magic she had no idea about. Plus, even if the brute did not believe in magic himself, he would probably not take it kindly, if she made fun of his brood.

"Yeah... that kind of magic is totall foreign to me. I am more down to earth here and now type of person. I see and listen to the things around me," she went on, being perfectly serious. "Did she have any luck with that? Did she get in touch with her mom?"
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke looked at her with a bit of an amused expression when she was starting to laugh. Yeah, it was pretty weird but that was the Dark Brotherhood, they were just very special in their own way. "Yup," he could only agree with her laughter, not too offended by it. Somehow he hoped that it would work because hell, he liked to see Meldresi again.

"So that whale exploding is more like your type of magic," he teased her a bit, deeming it allowed because she just laughed at his adoptive daughter's magic. "I don't think she has tried it yet, she wanted us to be there, so that is going to be something to watch for sure. As a parent you need to be supportive, you know?," he returned to the grey female.
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
When Burke mentioned the whale, Osprey couldn't hold it in any longer - she broke out in a full scale laughter. You said one thing and the other had preceived something entirely else. And in a way he was right - it was almost like magic. To see an actual whale explode. She would very much like to see it. 

"You definitely have to be," she nodded, remembering a true story from her childhood. "My parents were very supportive, when I as a kid wanted to become a fish, when I grew up. I never did manage, but I learned to swim very well. And keep my mouth shut and nose above water, while doing it."

"Anything you wanted to become, when you were a kid?"
 all kids had dreams, no matter, what they grew up to be.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Excited for the thread where Osprey meets Sebastian at BAF! :O

Burke kind of had to smile to when the female bursted out in laughing so greatly. He called that a success. He never made funny jokes but now it seems that his teasing had made her laugh. The male grinned. "Another parenting tip for you then," he commented. The girl started telling a story, which reminded him of a weird female he once met! "You are kind of silly too," he spoke.

Then he looked at her more eagerly and looked at her. "That reminds me of a story. Do you want to hear it?," he asked her. He was pretty sure that she would want to her it. "This is based on a true story because I talked to this ... individual," he stated, trying to sound mysterious.
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
ooc: I think it is just Aria there meeting Pearl, having told Osprey, where is she going. But - we can always arrange a thread between Seb and Oss, if you wish. Also - only 20 posts to go and we have will have officially the longest thread between two characters! :)

"Silly, you say - why... how dare you..." Osprey chuckled, but was fine with this adjective. She was, really. With the added bonus of not caring one bit, if people thought she were. Almost a compliment, when you thought about it. 

"A story - from you? That is kind of unexpected, if you know, what I mean," she said, but settled for listening. "Surprise me!"
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
OOOO You are totally right. Haha I am having a cold and clearly I can't read anymore. Lol. Oh that would be fun! Once Sebastian might be traveling or something! So awesome! I still love how this is going! On and it is a true story. Though unfortunately it was never finished.

Burke quirked up his lips, clearly not too bothered to call her that. But the story seemed to interest her. The male nodded. "Yes, I did tell some stories in the beginning," he defended himself a bit.

"Okay, once upon a time. I was at Greatwater Lake and I met the strangest little female. It was because you wanted to be a fish I was reminded of her. This girl was carrying a seal skin. Not that strange you would think? Well I stole her skin because I am of course a mean bully and I need to keep up my reputation. As expected she was upset I took it. Apparently taking that skin meant I was mated to her now," he explained to the girl, nodding seriously, even the ending open. She would get some mystery right back at her.

"And so, that girl reminded me that you might not be so strange wanting to be a fish because this female was so attached to her seal skin, maybe she wanted to be a seal or thought she would become one by wearing it!!"
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
"What happened after that?" Osprey asked, feeling that the story was left hanging in the air. Her best guess was that Burke probably got cold feet and gave the skin back to the girl, though it might also be that he ran off with it and left the poor girl at the altar. 

After hearing, what the groom-to-be had to say about the matter, she recalled an old fairy-tale, which sounded very like the situation he had encountered. "I remember a tale about the seal-folk, who would come to the earth from the water and leave their seal-skins hidden, while they walked as people among people. And then, when the time would come, they would pick up their skins and turn into seals again. If one's pelt got stolen or lost, he or she would be doomed to walk the earth forever."
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke looked at her and quirked up her lips. "Tales say I am still married to this woman," he spoke mysteriously. It was mostly a lie but he was not telling her that. She however continued to speak about this phenomenon. It seemed to be a real thing, because this girl carried it with her, always.

"She might be one of those then. Or perhaps a very strong believer in those fairytales," he explained with a shrug. "Interesting, so many different cultures. You can see them in some packs too." Blackfeather was one of them, they had their own believe too after all.
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
"Aha..." Osprey laughed at Burke's response. "You know, you really make a good character for a story. Say... about a man, who had one wife in every pack... This actually is an idea!" she exclaimed, her eyes having a little far-off look, as if she was seeing something before her eyes others were not able to perceive. 

"Definitely. In the valley, where my birthpack was located, there was one, which dealt with weird voodoo stuff and then there was one, which you could best describe as amazons. Men were the lower tier there."
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke snorted out in laughter. Because well, lets face it, he had been with quite some woman. Not mated though, mostly one time lovers. "That would be one hell of an upkeep. So many wives," he admitted. "Then I declare you my wife of the pack you are currently in," he stated with a bit of a boyish grin. They were good friends, Burke decided that they were friends, after their weird relationship that went in many directions.

"Yes, super interesting. Though I would not care to be in that pack," he admitted. He liked his higher ranked status, even though it did have a lot of responsibilities. Sometimes it was quite though to be the leader of a band of crazy individuals.
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
"Whoa, whoa... easy, tiger," Osprey chuckled and shook her head - though just a joke, they were treading dangerous grounds and she was quite glad that every time they met, it happened out in the open with no unwanted ears to listen around. 

"You have to get that figurative seal-skin of mine first - otherwise I claim no knowledge of your existance," she returned. "Good that you do not want - I don't have enough spare dens to hide you in. Plus... my dashing personality aside, you wouldn't find my everyday life too exciting."
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke wiggled his eyebrows to tease her even more. Though he was just joining around with the married thing of course. Burke smiled a bit, feeling almost up for the challenge here. "Well you went from hating me to this somewhat weird friendship. I think that is at least past of that seal skin of yours," he pointed out.

"You think my life is exciting?," he asked. Though, yeah it often was quite exciting. Or rather very busy. There was not a moment he would sit still. However, that is how he liked to live his life. He couldn't sit still, hence why he often took the leading role.
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
"You and mundane don't seem to sit well in the equation," Osprey shrugged. A person, who had such a high self-esteem and villainous aura had to have adventurous life. Or - a trouble...ful(?) at least. 

"Want to hear the mental picture of what I think your life is?" she asked then, "laughing is very much permitted."
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke laughed, because well that was true. He was not mundane at all, his whole life wasn't especially not what happened in their pack and amongst their ranks. However then the female offered him to sketch his life out for him. He was very curious how she saw his life before her. "By all means. You got me curious now," he responded to her. He was more than willing to hear what she thought. It would probably make him laugh.
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
ooc: this is, what I have in mind, when I think about Burke's daily shenanigans: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmn12HszN8c :D

"You start your morning by doing a mighty yawn and a bit of a big, good-ol'-fashioned all consuming roar - so that everyone in the forest knows The Boss has awoken.

With that done, you go out and play a prank on an innocent, leaving them stuck chest deep in a pile of mud. Then you decide to take the swim in the same mudbath, because you know - that is the real secret behind the shiny and glossy fur you have. After all - you have an image to upkeep. 

You have a deer's leg for breakfast and some mice eyeballs to spice it up a little. Then you go around and steal a toy from a kid - you know, just because you can. Yet you don't need that toy, therefore you pee on it and leave it be. Everyone will know that it is yours anyway. 

Around mid-day you take nap and then in the afternoon and to the dusk the real fun begins. You prowl in the shadows and scare the lonely travellers to death, you lure them in the labyrinth of your forest and no one ever sees those strangers again. You play pranks and pull legs and yank the chains whenever possible. 

Yet, since no one lives forever and trades have to be passed on, the good part of the last hours of daylight are spent to teach the younger generation of being the..."
there Osprey stopped and drew in a hefty breath - something had caught in her throat and she began coughing and sneezing violently. "F***ing mos-quito..." she said between the spells.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
HAHAHAH Amazing! :D

Burke snorted in laughter as she began to tell what she thought was hid daily routine. It was actually far from what he normally would do during the day but it did sound amazing. She had this vision of him that was not true at all. Yet, it was probably also over exaggerated. He kind of liked the part of scaring traveling loners, that would be rather fun.

The male was a bit startled by the female that suddenly stopped with her story. The male glanced at her. "Are you okay?," he asked with a frown. He wanted to know the end of the story, or well, her opinion of his. "What would I teach the younger generation??," he asked.
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
Osprey was not quite done coughing and, when in the middle of a particularly nasty spell, Burke urged her to tell more, she shot him a dark glance, as if asking - are you effing serious???

Finally she was able to breathe freely once more and no nasty bug was causing irritation to her larynx. Still shaken by the experience, she looked around and waited until her heart calmed down. "Would you believe that I nearly died of swallowing a mosquito?" 
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke looked at her with a skeptical gaze and shook his head. "Nah you were not," he spoke with a bit of a smirk. "Tell me the end, woman! I am on the edge of my seat here," he commented to her, grinning. Because well, he could be impatient and it was showing now.

The male knew there was a chance now that she wasn't going to tell him anymore, he was kind of getting her by now, or so he thought. But he had just been playfully bantering around with the whole 'woman' part.
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
"Then you can fall from it as well," Osprey told scornfully and pointedly turned away, thus showing that Burke's lack of sympathy for her near-death experience had been quite insulting. Sure - he did not care, she did not either, but you had to put up a bit of a show, didn't you?

"Well, look at the time," she looked at the sun and squinted her eyes, then back at Burke. "If I am to reach Caldera by noon, I should really hurry," Osprey got to her feetm stretched and began walking away. Maybe with a "pretty please" Burke would be able to hear the end of the tale.

ooc: five posts more - and woo-hoo - the longest thread ever!!! :D
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
As he expected the female was not going to tell him the end. He was starting to get her more and more. "Your vision was incorrect anyhow," he pointed out to her. The male watched her as she suddenly wanted to make haste now. If she wasn't so interested in her toy or that exploded carcass they might have been there already.

Burke let out a puff. "Alright lets go," he spoke and trotted after her to catch up. The male was not one to say sorry. He already accepted the fact that he didn't get the hear the end, after all this was Bullet/Osprey we were talking about. She worked this way, and he accepted that. "We are not that far from it," he pointed out.

EDIT: YES SO EXCITING! :D
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
"No, pretty please from you, eh?" Osprey sighed and looked over her shoulder with a smile. "Or any of those... I apologize for being an insensitive bastard either?" this was teasing. Of course, she would never hear it from him. The sky was more likely to crumble in pieces than hear Burke saying "I am sorry" for anything. In a way that was, why he liked him. He was natural, he did not pretend and did not want to be different to please others. Burke was a villain and wore it's mantle proudly. 

"Anyway, supposing that you haven't fallen from that edge and hit your handsome face," which would not hurt (implied). "I imagine that your specialty is the - 101 ways, how to scare your enemy and best friends shitless - and kids just love it, because, you know, each of us have a devil inside. Even the very best. Anything you would like to add about teaching the youth?"
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke shook his head. "Never," he returned. In a way they were quite the same. Where Burke wouldn't say sorry, this girl wouldn't reveal too much information about herself. He still had trouble what her real name was. "Just like I still don't know your name officially," he pointed out. But he was probably not going to get it.

However, the female started to explain, even without apology. He grinned when she called his face handsome, not that his ego needed more stroking. "Oh yes, that is definitely part of their training. Essential I would say," he spoke and grinned. "I'd also like to teach how to lie and make others believe you," he spoke. Clearly that wasn't true but they were just bantering.

So close!!!!
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
"That is a very essantial thing to learn, by the way," Osprey remarked. Truth was a good thing, yet having the ability to twist it in cases, when the lie could save your skin - was an excellent skil. She did not possess it - she was horrible at lying and therefore chose the easier path, which meant not telling the whole story. Or picking, what suited the occasion best. 

"Oh, but you know my name already. And I told you the second time we met that I run by different names for different people," she explained with an annoying know-it-all smile. "And on that matter, I am not even sure that you are, who you say you are? What if you weren't Burke, but... Ragnarr Hairypants, for example. Chief of viking cove or, whatever they live in."

ooc: I googled "funny monarch names" and got this - http://listverse.com/2013/11/12/10-badas...nicknames/ - Cabbage and Slobberer are the most innocent ones. Shall we go on, until we run out of things to write? Or have a new one with a new goal?
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
100TH POST! WHOOO! I love Ragnarr ‘Hairypants’ Chief Of The Vikings and Olaf ‘Little Snack’ King Of The Isles xD

Burke grinned as she seemed to agree. In his eyes this girl was a good liar, or at least one that could twist the truth a bit by not telling them. The male quirked up his lips. "Well tell me again, because I don't know if it is the right one. And I think I do deserve to know it. Is is Osprey, the one I heard, or Bullet?," he asked. He really wanted to know because now he had these two names and never knew which one he should use.

Burke grinned at the new nickname. "Well, I am Burke, but, I do understand why you think it might not be my real name. However, there is a way to check it." Though he did not wish for her to come by his pack and have her be injured. It was not really accepted for him to have a friendship like this. "Maybe you can't check it after all. I'd just like to know one of the two names I should use here," he spoke.

Lets go on until we ran out of things to write! :D