The Sunspire So we meet again...
control
252 Posts
Ooc —
*screams with excitement* For @Peridot and @Asterr

The male was feeling happier than normal today. There was a new chapter of his life at hand. Leo was officially an adult now and it gave him a little more self esteem. He wasn't that terrified little boy anymore, but a more confident man. Hunting skills were slowly but surely starting to get better. He had a good trait under his belt. Things were almost better. Now if only he could get those demons away from him.

Leo decided to take a trip outside the borders. He was lost in many thoughts. Since he was older and slightly more experienced, perhaps he could visit Desna. It would still be near impossible since he didn't know where Phoenix Maplewood was exactly. He would just have to wait for her special arrival. And little did he know another special arrival was in store.
”the voices”
Banned
44 Posts
Ooc —
Peridot had faced several challenges but thanks from a little outside help she managed to survive into adulthood. It's been quite a while since she was separated from her family. She never did trust the male that was with mother, it likely all his fault that all this happend. Peridot never gave up the idea that the male had somehow controlled mother's mind. Back then, she wasn't strong enough to take on an adult. But those days were over now. She had grown and learned enough to make her feel like she could take on anyone.

Her goal was to find her family and free mother from the male that was with her. If only she could figure out where they went. Peridot decided that the best place to start looking was where she was born. However she couldn't remember where that was besides the fact it was a swamp like place. She ended up just wondering around hoping to catch a familiar scent.

She let destiny guide her path into a mountainous region. Peridot was alert and stalking around like a hunter. She was completely on her own but that was the best part! She couldn't wait for something to come out and try to attack her! She was totally ready for it. As she stalked she encounter a familiar scent as the wind shifted. This scent belonged to Chev! She was getting all excited that she quickly but silently went towards his scent. The moment she caught sight of his back she charged at him at full speed, aiming to tackle him down. "I found yooooou!" She said happily with complete excitement, almost laughing at the same time.
control
252 Posts
Ooc —
There was suddenly a strange presence within the area. He felt watched. Felt like he was prey trying to get away. The whispers in his head went silent, which could only mean there was someone there. Leo's fur stood on end and his head whipped from side to side. He felt exactly a rabbit that was aware pain was coming.

But it was not exactly pain that came. Someone came darting out of nowhere, tackling him. A familiar fear washed over him. The sudden force felt just like the time he had obtained his scars. A terrified expression was on his face just like last time. But unlike last time, the voice wasn't menacing and there was no pain.

Leo took a look at the 'attacker'. She had a snowy pelt with grey here and there. Her eyes reminded him of someone he had once known. It was then his fear was replaced with a mixed feeling of shock, disbelief, and happiness.

"P-Peri?", he rasped in a unsure tone. "Is it you?"
”the voices”
A dragon will never bow down
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Asterr had been returning from her trip to the Flatlands, having taken a longer route around in order to see more of the sights that the land had to offer. She skirted Panther Park, for the odours that emitted from it were below even repulsive, and she was capable of relating the scents to the beasts that owned them. It was clear the territory was their own, and she'd not tempt the fates by traipsing right into a domain that seemed to belong solely to them. No, she'd witnessed the danger that came with the felines several months back, and would not challenge their tolerance of the wolves residing in areas nearby. It was perhaps a good thing, and in that moment especially, that she was not one to turn down a journey. Had she been the lazy type, there was a chance she would've chosen the incorrect course of action. Alas, she was anything but, actually being quite the adventurer.

Past the park she'd headed northwest, allowing herself to roam about until her wanderlust had been appeased. From there, she'd eventually neared the ridges of the mountain range once more, and had made quick work of ascending it's heights. She'd passed through a number of territories thereafter, but had never stayed in any long enough to learn much of them. Asterr had been doing nothing more than passing through, working to get home to the lair she adored. Her determination burned bright, but even still, a time had eventually come in which she'd needed to hunker down and give herself an appropriate amount of rest. Thankfully, she'd landed herself within a territory she was somewhat familiar with when the feeling had hit her, and so she'd been able to settle down somewhere relatively quickly and rest her weary self.

The time in which she'd slept was unrecorded, her eyes having just barely caught a glimpse at the colour of the sky. It was evening, that much was obvious, but she'd not the time to delve into specifics. A sound had roused her from her slumber, pulling her to her feet and then in the direction it'd come from. Despite having woken up only a few moments prior, the girl was as well-composed as always, not a single strand of fur appearing out of place. She was relaxed, too, up until the point in which she'd seen what—or rather, who—had woken her. Immediately, she'd closed the distance between herself and the siblings, looking the scene before her over to ensure no harm had befallen Leo. In the end, she'd decided that they knew one another on some level, but it was not a negative one. There was no animosity in the air, but something she could not accurately place. "Leo," the girl had said soon after her arrival. "Are you alright?" Her silvery gaze had flickered between the two faces, curious of who the pale female was, then looking to her tribe mate for an explanation.
You're a mirror with two faces
Two sides, simple as that
Thread titles are from Hyuna’s “How’s This”
Banned
44 Posts
Ooc —
She successfully tackled her own brother causing both him and her to crash into the grass. Very quickly Peridot got back up to stand over him. She look at how much he had grown and was very impressed to see her brother all grown up too. Her eyes were coated with tears of joy. There was a moment where she thought that she wouldn't find anyone, that they were all gone forever. Chevalier was right here, filling up her hope of being able to find everyone else. She was just so happy to find her brother that she had to nuzzled him."Yes, It's me Peridot. I'm so happy you didn't forget me Chev." Her voice turned soft and loving. Joy was just overflowing forcing her tail wag happily.

Very shortly an uninvited guest showed up causing Peridot's mood to shift to a more hostile but protective one. She took a few steps so she would be in between them. There was a low growl when the dark female called Chev Leo. Peridot had forgotten that there was a time where Chev wanted to be called Leo. To her his name was Chevalier and nothing else. Her hackles rose and her tail twitched upwards. "His name is Chevalier." She said in a calm but menacing tone. It was only now that she noticed there was a similar scent between the two. Peridot was believing that Chev was being manipulated so she looked at the dark female with complete distrust. She wasn't about to let the same thing that happen to her mother be done to her brother.
control
252 Posts
Ooc —
His eyes shown with excitement and happiness. It had been so long since he had seen Peridot. After his disappearance, he wondered what she had thought. What had happened to their family then? Well, when he thought their family, he replaced the word with hers. Times change and his thoughts changed along with it. When she mentioned his true name, some sort of fear shot through him. Never had he expected to hear that name again.

He turned his head when he heard Asterr's voice. A small smile curved on his face. "I'm ok," he answered, "This is-" Before he could introduce Peridot, she had gotten between them, growling that his name was Chevalier. "W-wait!" The male quickly stood up, scrambling to get between the two. "Peridot, it's ok! I go by Leo now," he pointed out, "I can explain later."
”the voices”
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The pallid female's demeanor seemed to shift the moment she'd noticed Asterr, but the girl never changed her own. Her posture was neutral, yet the regal air about her revealed the status she held. She was not intimidated by the younger girl, seeing no reason to be. Though hostile, no move to actually attack had been made, and so the dragoness was not influenced by her behavior. Her gaze had slipped to Leo, making sure his statement was true; she didn't distrust him, she'd simply needed to see for herself. Not a word left her mouth, however, even when her gaze was brought back to the other. A name had been given in regards to her tribe mate, but it was not one she'd ever heard before. To her, he had always been Leo, and would remain only as Leo for as long as he wished to be referred to as such.

He had uttered a name, it being another she'd never before heard, but had deducted with ease that it belonged to the other girl. "Do calm down," Asterr stated, looking to Peridot for a moment longer. Her gaze was soft, yet calculating, working it's way over the stranger's body in silent examination. "Leo, please begin your explanation now." Despite having addressed the boy, never did her eyes leave the face of the unknown being. Fear was not something that she was truly capable of experiencing, but unease and properly placed wariness were.
Banned
44 Posts
Ooc —
Peridot was quick to realize the fighting wasn't the favorable option. So she calmed her hostility however she continued to look at the dark female with total distrust. The only one she would really listen to was Chev but she wasn't too sure if she could believe all he would say. There was no telling if there was manipulation or not, of course she wouldn't have thought it if the female had never shown up and interrupt Peridot happiest moment.

'Leo' had moved in between saying he goes by that name. Peridot shook her head, stating no. "But that's not your real name." For her Chevalier will always be his name, that was what she remembered and that was not going to change. The dark woman came close, Peridot watched very carefully and prepared herself for some sort of surprise attack. She had grown she had the strength to fight and she was very willing to use it. The only one holding her back was Chev. It looked like the female wanted Chevalier to explain. Peridot was ready to listen but her eyes stayed on the dark female.
control
252 Posts
Ooc —
He looked back to Asterr when she told him to speak about it now. The male then looked to his sister with some pain of telling what had happened again.

"I had to leave that place behind. Leave those woods," he started with a sigh. "I didn't like it there. So many problems, my life was on the line. It made me so petrified and scared. The only thing I could enjoy was you. I wanted to get away from it all. I did, but I-" he paused to take a breath, Got attacked. I was alone and some random wolf just attacked me. He broke my foot and marked my face. It was terrible. But... I didn't want to go back. So instead I went farther.

I met a old... friend from back when I was at Bearclaw.
He didn't want to say brother in case she got offended. He took me back to Blackfeather to help me get fixed, but Burke pushed me away. He blamed me for what mom and dad did.

I was going to die if it wasn't for Asterr. She helped me get better. She took care of me. She saved me life. I am very grateful for it too. I just couldn't leave her and I couldn't be called Chevalier anymore. I wanted to let my past go and start anew. I'm sorry I left without a word, but... I think it was for the best.
”the voices”
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The hostility that had previously been displayed seemed to lessen, allowing for the young chieftess to ease herself and focus on what Leo had to say. All the while he told his tale, and she remained silent, taking in every word and letting them linger within her mind. The way he'd spoken of the pallid female, it was almost as if they'd been lovers once upon a time; though a quick read of the auras surrounding them said otherwise. They'd not been lovers, but had still been close—siblings, perhaps, but she didn't verbalize her guess. It remained within herself, stored away until more information was provided. They could very well have been close friends, too, and so the girl would not make herself a fool by assuming things so suddenly. Instead, she would observe and listen, awaiting any subtle hints, and committing each word said to the memories she held of Leo's life.

Mom and dad. There is was, the words she'd needed to hear. They were siblings, but had been separated. Asterr could relate to the situation, though she'd left her own siblings behind by choice and while on good terms. Never had she hated her former home, nor had she felt as if she hadn't been able to stay there. No, her situation was different, but the emotions involved remained similar. "I wish that you would have shared your story with me sooner," the girl said, having waited a moment or two after he'd finished. "But after hearing all of that, I can understand why you had chosen not to. I also understand your wish to leave your past behind, but know that you must never allow for yourself to forget it. Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it, and I am uncertain of what I would do if I found you in such a marred state once more." To be upset with him was not something that she could do, especially since it was clear that he had his reasoning for keeping from her the full story of his life prior to their meeting.

Despite the boy's wishes, his past had, in a way, caught up with him. For there stood his sister naught but a few feet away, alive and well, though notably distrusting. Nevertheless, Asterr had once again directed her attention towards Peridot, her expression soft. "I am sure you traveled a great distance in order to be here today, but know that I cannot send Leo away with you," she began, jumping straight into things. Within her mind, she'd placed herself in the girl's position. If any of her siblings had up and left one day, she would hope that they might then stay with her if ever found. When she looked at the stranger, however, she saw someone who would insist upon such a thing, rather than merely hope for it. "However, I can offer you a place within our home if the company of your brother is what you seek." Rather, she couldn't turn her away if that was what they both wanted. Leo deserved as much happiness as he could be given, as compensation for all that he'd been forced to go through at such a young age.
Banned
44 Posts
Ooc —
Peridot listened to Chev's story. He did explain why he disappeared and never returned but to hear that he was attacked was upsetting. She had no idea he had trouble and was unhappy. She didn't have the experience to see it back then. Her life felt more exciting and free even if mother was always nearby. There were days where Peridot wanted to escape but it would only be so she could do what she wanted. She would always end up going back but nowadays there were no place to return to. She had lost everyone without any idea of where they went, giving her no place to go to.

Chev said he was saved by Asterr but Peridot had no idea who that was. With all the hints and clues from the dark female she could assume that this was Asterr. It could only be a guess for now. After hearing the whole story Peridot didn't want to ever leave Chevalier's side. She wished she could have done something back then but seeing him here and alive now meant she could still be there for him. At first she wanted to go looking for the rest of the family with Chev. The dark female didn't seem to be willing to let him go and Chev wanted to stay with the wolf that saved him.

Peridot shook her head saying no towards the dark female before turning to her brother. "I'll be there for you now Chev. So all that is left to do is find Baldur and mother and we'll be all four together again like we used to be." She switched to a sadden look. She understood already that maybe she'll never find them but she wasn't ready to give up on being a happy family again. "We just need to go out there and find them together. Just maybe they are still around somewhere." She said to Chev, hoping he would at least consider going to look with her.
control
252 Posts
Ooc —
He gave a small nod to Asterr, happy she understood where he came from. He didn't want to think about the past, it would be hard to forget it altogether. Still, despite the dark female's words, he wished he could. What stopped him was the mere thought of having to repeat it.

Leo looked towards his sister with happiness in his eyes when Asterr offered her to say, but soon after diminished at her decline and turned to sadness when she hinted she wanted him to go with her. "I'm so sorry but- I can't do that Peridot. I just can't leave my home behind again. It's where I belong." Ryūjin bought him the happiness he so desired and housed so many kind souls, like Asterr and Sorrel. He couldn't leave all that behind. "I wish your travels are successful and you find mother and Baldur," he sighed glumly, "Just remember that, if your unable to locate them, I'm always here."
”the voices”
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
It had been out of her wish for the happiness of her ward that she'd offered the girl a place in her home, but that offer had been declined. It was curious how the pale wolf could refuse herself a home, but frustrating that she'd then gone on to try and lure the boy away once more. Truthfully, Asterr could never hold him back if his desire was to travel with his sister, but she'd been offended by the apparent disregard of her words. She'd been clear in saying that she could not send Leo away, and would stick by her words with a strengthened resolve. Despite that, she'd said nothing, opting to fall silent for the time being. It would not be her opinions or words that would serve as sway for the young male, nor would she whisper to him something enticing enough to make him deny his sister's request. Instead, she'd say nothing, leaving it to him to decide what it was that he wanted to do.

To say she was relieved to hear his decision would be an understatement, a smile pulling at her lips when she'd glanced at him. Leo had made his choice, and she would respect that. Whether or not his sister would feel the same towards it had yet to be revealed, but Asterr hoped the same would be for her. "If you are unable to find the rest of your family, you will always have a place within our tribe," the dragoness had said, noting how her offer would still stand even months away from the present. "I do wish you the best of luck in locating your family." Genuine were her words, as per usual. Even if the young female were to locate her family, her presence would still be welcomed within the tribe. After all, at the end of the day, it was Leo's happiness that took precedence.
Banned
44 Posts
Ooc —
Peridot was beginning to feel frustrated. Chev was forcing her to make a hard choice, one where she loses something either way unless she was extremely lucky. She wanted to be united with her family but if she decides to go she would be on her own again. There was even the possibility that she'll never find her mother and other brother. Finding Chevalier was already a miracle. She didn't want to risk losing him again. Based on what he said he suffered and she wasn't there to help him like a good sister she was suppose to be. She didn't want to make that mistake again.

But the choice was still difficult. Testing her luck was in finding the others was too much of a gamble but she didn't want to give up. She ended up walking a full circle around Chev. It was frustrating to think she grew up strong like adults but she still couldn't have everything she wanted. She looked Chev, still upset that he didn't want to go with her. "I can't go if you don't come with me. What if something bad happens to you again? I want to be there to help you." She said with a bit of frustration in her voice. She sat down, basically pouting now. "How am I suppose to get everyone together again?" then switched to a sad tone. "There is also the chance that we might never be able to find them."

She considered staying with Chev but she still wanted to think on it even though her mind was set on never leaving him again.
control
252 Posts
Ooc —
He winced when she persisted for him to join her still. He didn't know what to say and was afraid to say something wrong. He had already told her he wouldn't come, what else could he do. He glanced to Asterr, silently asking for some guidance before turning back.

"Nothing will happen to me Peri," he assured, "I'm safe now and there's nothing to worry about." At least that is what he thought.

"That's true," he replied, "But even if you can't, you need to go on. There are so many things in store and you shouldn't stick to a single dream." He didn't mean for her to stop then and there, but to remember that life will go on, whether she is successful or not.
”the voices”
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Would you like to wrap this up with me, @Leo? ^^;;

The girl continued to speak, attempting to lure the boy into following her. To Asterr, the notion was offensive, for already had she and Leo both stated that the pale one would not be accompanied in her travels. Within Ryūjin was where the boy belonged, and he seemed set on remaining with them—remaining at home with the chieftess, who harboured towards him a familial fondness. Yet, in spite of this, the yearling said nothing. She neither lashed out nor spoke ill against the younger female, for with her she could sympathize. To leave behind one's family was not a particularly pleasant thing to do, and so she could imagine how the outsider was feeling. Despite that, the dragoness would not change her mind or opinion, and would most definitely support her ward if it came down to a sibling brawl; it was doubtful such a situation would befall them, however, for the encounter seemed wholly domestic.

When Leo had glanced her way, a nod displaying her support of him was given, but she would offer no guidance. It was his battle to fight, so to speak, and she felt confident in leaving it to him to make Peridot understand his wishes. "The world is full of wonders, many of which being available even to those that are by themselves," the chieftess said, a bit of encouragement slipping from her tongue. While there was a high chance that the stranger might be welcomed into their home if she ever wished to join them, to keep from speaking fondly of travels was something she could not do. Thereafter, her silver eyes found their way to the cream-coated lupine, meeting his gaze just in time to say, "Perhaps we should begin our journey home."
control
252 Posts
Ooc —
He nodded frantically, not wanting to keep the conversation dragging onward. He feared that if it was to do so, things would turn to the worst. They needed to be going anyways.

With a quick pace, he turned to leave, expecting Asterr to follow. Hopefully, Peridot could see that she belonged with the family member that was actually present.
”the voices”