Phantom Hollow Mending What's Broken
The Inquisitor
228 Posts
Ooc — Sable
All Welcome 
I don't think we have any Caretakers in the pack yet, but if anyone feels like helping Mitanni she would appreciate it. Including the picture of the healer's den that was used before for reference.

She'd gone straight to the Healer's Den after being attacked, alone and anxious, and bathed her wound in the small stream within. Though she'd left her attacker in the capable hands of Malice and Issun, she remained jumpy for the rest of the day, struggling to care for her injured leg while constantly looking over her shoulder at the large den's entrance. Not even after examining the plants and things Veritas had left behind could Mitanni make any sense of the healer's items, and trusting that she'd spoken truth when she mentioned most were used for pain relief she'd eaten just one at random in the hopes of dulling the ache in her leg.

Charged with fear and maybe a little paranoia, she hunkered down inside the spacious den, curling herself up with her injured leg outstretched in the furthest back corner it possessed. There she remained, refusing to leave except to relieve herself, but always returning to it. It was far too spacious for her, at least for her taste, but that didn't matter. She felt safe here, hidden and out of sight. She couldn't do much for the pack until her leg healed anyway.

Refusing to leave the den, feeling scared and helpless and sad, Mitanni lay in her chosen corner, eyeing the plants nearby and wishing she'd gotten more information out of Veritas before she'd left.
インク
638 Posts
Ooc — ares
this looked lonely :D

After dragging Judas to an empty den where he could be carefully watched, Issun headed towards the healer's den where he hoped Mitanni would be. It was a shame to see one turn on their own packmate and it disgusted him. He didn't really know what to make of it. Judas had affected him in a very negative way and it would take a very long time to forgive him.

The male approached the den on light paws. He poked his head in, seeing the female in a corner. "Hello?"
common | japanese
The Inquisitor
228 Posts
Ooc — Sable
Mitanni sighed quietly and closed her eyes, about ready to resign herself to another nap. It seemed about all she was good for lately, napping and limping about uselessly. She couldn't wait to be fully functional again, but was still worried to leave the safety of her hiding place. What if it happens again?

She tried desperately not to think about it, and thankfully received a distraction in the form of a visitor. The voice made her jump initially as she took a second to place it, and as she lifted her head and stared toward the entrance--noting immediately the nonthreatening dark coat of her visitor--it took her but a second to recognize him.

"Issun?" she called softly, honestly surprised to see him. If she'd been expecting anyone, it would have been Malice. But maybe she was busy doing whatever needed to be done with their traitor.

She shivered once at the thought, but shifted just a little where she lay, uncurling and sitting up a little straighter. Mitanni wanted very much to ask what had happened, what had been done after she'd left, but she couldn't bring herself to voice the words aloud and only stared with a mixture of puzzlement and well-deserved respect.
インク
638 Posts
Ooc — ares
He side stepped to the front of the entrance, so the female could know for sure it was him. "Yes," he replied with a nod. Issun made no move to go inside the den, figuring she may need some space after the stunt Judas pulled.

"We have Judas captive now. Malice didn't want him running around Teekon." If it had been up to him, he would be long gone by now, by exile or death. Though he could see were Malice was coming from. If Judas attacked someone from another pack with their own scent still on him, there may be trouble. "He's unconscious right now."

"Do you need anything? I'm not good with herbs, but I can get you something to eat if you like."
common | japanese
The Inquisitor
228 Posts
Ooc — Sable
She stared expectantly at Issun. Though she hadn't the least idea what to expect from him, she wasn't afraid. He'd proven his worth and earned both trust and respect by jumping in to defend her, and she felt somewhat guilty now for questioning the challenge he'd made against her rank. If nothing else had been proven through those events, it was that he was highly qualified and well suited for the responsibility.

A little breath was drawn in and Mitanni nodded her head once in acknowledgement of what had been done with her attacker. The news should have made her feel better, but she couldn't shake her nervousness. He's still here, she thought worriedly, what if he's not done? Try as she might to fully trust her pack to protect her, the little mottled brown wolf struggled to.

She shook her head when the black-hued wolf offered to fetch her a meal, muttering, "I don't think I can eat right now." Talk of Judas and thoughts of the attack left her stomach uneasy, and she didn't want to push it. Her amber eyes darted away, and quietly she added, "Thanks for helping me." Whatever the reason Issun had jumped in, Mitanni owed him a debt of gratitude for it. "I wouldn't have been able to fight him on my own."
インク
638 Posts
Ooc — ares
He nodded. "Ok. If you ever need anything, I'm here." He was always willing to help his packmates out and with Mitanni being at the state she was in, he would be happy to do so.

Issun smiled at her gratitude. It felt great to know that he had been of use to her. "No problem," he replied in a calm tone, "I couldn't just stand by and watch."
common | japanese
The Inquisitor
228 Posts
Ooc — Sable
She nodded understandingly as Issun volunteered himself to fetch things for her if she needed them, grateful for his kindness. After the resistance she'd put up with his decision to challenge her rank, she'd been a little leery about him and his opinion of her, but it hadn't changed his behavior toward her in the least.

A little, tentative smile crept onto Mitanni's lips as he smiled at her, touched with humility and gratitude. It slipped away rather quickly however, and as she fidgeted a little uneasily she asked, "He didn't...happen to say anything else, did he?"

The "he" that she spoke of was Judas, but the little brown wolf figured Issun would catch onto that. She still didn't quite understand what had set off the green-eyed traitor, or why in particular she'd been singled out. Even through her fear Mitanni was still desperate to know and understand.
インク
638 Posts
Ooc — ares
He shook his head to her question. "Nothing at all." And he assumed that Judas wouldn't be speaking for a while seeing he had passed out. Well, it was less trouble on the others part at least.

He tilted his head. "Why do you ask?"
common | japanese
The Inquisitor
228 Posts
Ooc — Sable
She'd tried to prepare herself for a negative answer, but it still disappointed her. Mitanni nodded her head understandingly, and lowered her gaze to stare with a quiet sigh at the floor of the healer's den. More mysteries to solve, eventually.

Issun's inquiry as to her question pulled her attention back toward him, and as she tried to gather her thoughts quickly she drew in a deep breath. "I'm just trying to understand," she explained, "why it happened. I don't get it, and it bothers me." She shifted again, gingerly moving her injured leg as she stared at it again. Maybe knowing would make it more bearable.

Her thoughts reflected on the little bit that the crazed wolf had managed to say before he'd leaped at her, and a gentle frown settled upon her face. "Stealing lives." Maybe those weren't the exact words, but she vaguely remembered Judas saying something like it. "He said wolves steal lives." She looked to Issun puzzledly, wondering if he could make sense of it since she couldn't.