Wapun Meadow rainbows on the ground
wot wot
195 Posts
Ooc — Ells
All Welcome 
This is set during Goldhawk's hunt for @Goober! Anyone welcome, but Rosings wolves especially~

There was low, thin mist on the meadow, exacerbated by the oncoming of evening. But the effect was, to Goldhawk's eye, neither mysterious nor ominous: it was beautiful. For spring had sprung, and with it came a great blanket of early blossoms. He had journeyed far on the quest given to him by his Alphas, and it was sights like this that made him grateful for it. The great meadow rolled on, full of colour, and Goldhawk admired it as he roamed among it. He lowered his golden muzzle and took a long, slow sniff of one of the strange flowers. Why, this is one of the most delightful things I've ever had a whiff of, he remarked with a happy sigh.
She's beauty, she's grace, she will punch you in the face.
68 Posts
Ooc — Mae
omg hi

The fog had visited the great Earth today, unluckily for the red wolf. Grumbling, she had woken up to get some food for the pack. Still half-awake, she wandered farther than usual, unaware that she had left the territory altogether. 

Her head turned towards the sound of another wolf. She slowly trotted towards the unknown wolf without a second thought. "You know, those flowers can be poisonous," she began in an amused tone.
As cold as ice, but his anger burns like fire.
29 Posts
Ooc — Marie
Hehe, Gotham is quite the stalker you know?

Spring was finally here, Gotham's favorite time of year. He had always liked the sun more than the gray skies that painted the earth in a thick coat of white. It had such a depressing effect on him. The sun didn't paint the earth in any tone, it painted it in color only to reveal the earth's beauty. Flower's bloomed, new life began. It showed that the cycle of life went on, even when the Gods brought the most coldest day to earth.

Two gray eyes scanned the brute's surroundings. He hadn't noticed he had fallen asleep until he had awakened. He had not had the time to build a sleeping place. Not that it was needed with the warm days coming up, but it would definitely be appreciated. The gray warrior had slept on some soft grass, away from the others. He barely knew anyone here, so why waste his time with finding a place to sleep near them. If they wanted him to, they should just tell him. But he knew that one day he must join them all, or at least the wolf who he would be paired up with. He wasn't excited, he wasn't mad. He was Gotham, and that was good enough.

He got up, his muscles weary for sleeping in a weird position. This didn't stop his nose from working though. The faint smell of a female in his pack reached him. First he thought nothing of it, but a small voice in his head said he must follow it. And so he did. He always trusted his instincts, even if it told him to stalk someone. He put his muzzle to the ground and his feet started moving by itself. He would find her, he was sure of it.

His nose led him outside Rosing's territory, away from the place he called home. He was a little nervous to leave like this, afraid something might happen while he was away, but he had to trust his gut. He had already put too much effort into this stalking to stop now.

He was led to a place that had the aroma of something he didn't like all too much. It were flowers. He could stand the strong scent of roses, but so many different smells all mixed together was a horror for the sensitive guy. Did it stop him? Not really. He kept chasing the faint scent of the female, all the way to where he could see two wolves talking to each other, surrounded by flowers. He snorted. Was this what his gut wanted him to do? Socialize? He snorted once again, but couldn't help to come closer to the pair.

May I? He asked, his voice low, like a mighty warrior. He had his eyes on the female who he did not know the name of, sort of ignoring the other male. He wasn't here because he followed his scent after all.
~Comparison is the thief of joy~
The Unknown Strength
105 Posts
Ooc — H2O
It was a lovely day indeed for Samuel. He had a wife, was close to becoming a counselor, and had an amazing home. Not to mention it was spring, and the flowers were in full bloom. It was a beautiful sight.

Samuel took many stops to sniff the flowers, admiring the snapdragons and the daisies. They were much different than the roses at home, they were smaller and had a different smell. He liked them.

Having at least some knowledge of what was poisonous and what was not, the prophet had gathered a bouquet in his maw. He intended to bring them home to his wife, to maybe surprise her.

What came into view with his slow trot were three wolves. His grey eyes adjusted to see that two where pack members. Even better, he knew those ones! Maja and Gotham, he didn't know a lot about them, but enough to be friendly.

With his stride quickening and his stature neutral, he made his way over with a tail wag. He set down his bushel of sweet flowers and turned towards his two pack mates.

"Hello Maja, hello Gotham" he said kindly, though his attntion turned to the unknown wolf. "And who may you be?" He asked curiously, his head tilted in the slightest way.
[Image: giphy.gif]
wot wot
195 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Ooh, hi guys. ^___^

Sniffing away quite contently, Goldhawk took a moment more than he would usually to notice the oncoming trot of a softly coated female with a playful tone. Poisonous? I say! he stood bolt upright, and, to be honest, was clearly playing it up for comic effect. He knew he would have been able to smell at least something fishy about this here blossom, but it was nice to entertain a passer-by.

He was slightly more hesitant with the male — not because he was a hefty-looking chap (oh, Goldhawk could take him on no problem), because he grazed slightly close to the description of a wolf he was looking for...

Is there any chance you go by the name of Goober, old chap? he asked the fellow brightly, knowing this to be unlikely but worth a try. Frankly I'd say you suit a handsomer name, like Silverstrike or Dreadpaw, but one never can tell...

Then, crikey, another wolf! There was likely a pack nearby. Goldhawk waited before addressing this friendly mountain of a man, such was the conversation already underway.
68 Posts
Ooc — Mae
so many people

A small laugh rang due to his reaction. But then someone decided to join their party. She could tell that he was part of her pack, but she didn't know of his name. "Hm?" she asked curiously. As the golden wolf had asked a question towards the pack wolf, if he was called Goober (?)

But once again, another wolf came. This time, it was Sam. "Hey Sammy," she greeted. He had also addressed the other pack wolf, Gotham. So he wasn't Goober, whoever that was. But, as always, she was still curious. 

"Why are you looking for Goober?" she questioned the wolf. Not even bothering to ask for his name or anything, Maja could be quite impolite at times honestly...
29 Posts
Ooc — Marie
Just as the warrior was going to answer the stranger's question, he was interrupted by someone he faintly remembered. They had spoken, but to call them buddies was a long shot. They were pack mates, nothing else to it really. So was... Maja he called her. Gotham assumed this was the girl's name. His name was already given to the stranger, but he just felt like he needed to make clear that he was not Goober.

Samuel. He greeted, not all that happy that yet another wolf joined them. He had nothing against the guy, he just had something against large groups. Hence why he always sat alone at meetings. Sorry, I'm afraid I'm not the one you seek. He said, turning his dull gray eyes to the fella that he kinda liked. He was jolly, almost like Bacchus, God of wine. Goober, you say... It doesn't sound like a name I've heard before. Can you give me a description? He asked, just slightly curious about this Goober.
The Unknown Strength
105 Posts
Ooc — H2O
So sorry I've missed this thread post!

It appeared his entrance was somewhat welcomed, Maja greeted him with a nice nickname while Gotham simply restated Samuel's name. Either way, he enjoyed that they knew his name, it made him feel a bit more comfortable around the three. What brought up his attention though was the name Goober. That name was the wolf who Samuel had let join the Rosings.

Maja seemed almost offeneded that the mysteriously happy man asked about Goober, though she could just be protective of her packmates. Gotham though was calmer about it, asking for a description instead. "Why would you need to know Goober?" He asked curiously, looking towards the unknown. Goober was a nice wolf, and spoke about his scout skills. Hopefully that was what he was doing at the moment while being less active in the pack. "He's a friend of mine, agouti and medium-sized" he said, looking towards Gotham.
wot wot
195 Posts
Ooc — Ells
np! :)

It was all rather nice here, really. Given the season and the proximity to a claimed territory, it was plausible that this sort of situation (a multitude of wolves, some of them strangers) could result in a sudden lashing of aggression. But the atmosphere was quite friendly — there was laughter, and a slew of introductions. Given the number of interested individuals, it was difficult to hold tight to a thread of conversation, but there was one obvious thing he could say: The name's Goldhawk, fair lady and fine gents. He gave a nice little nod.

And then his heart gave a nice little lurch.

"He's a friend of mine."

He remained perfectly still on the inside, daring not to think or feel further. It seemed this wolf Samuel (though he preferred "Sammy") was quite the gem. Marvelous! he said with a smile. I wonder how one might arrange to meet the fellow... I've travelled out here on behalf of a friend who wants to speak to him. She can't come herself because she's too busy — she's an Alpha, you see. It seems this Goober chap has the right chuffing friends in all the right places, wot, he joked warmly.
68 Posts
Ooc — Mae
Something seemed suspicious, and Maja didn't like it. Goldhawk was okay. But something was absolutely off. She frowned after he spoke, trying to see if the pieces fit together. Sadly, she couldn't stop the question that came next: "Alpha of what pack?" Then she immediately (would've) blushed, realising that it sounded rude. "I mean, um, what pack is this alpha from?"

She looked at her pack mates for their opinion, her tail slowly moving.
29 Posts
Ooc — Marie
Whoever this Goober was, he was known by many. Agoeti and medium sized... Well that could be anyone. Though a small light burned in the brute's head, thinking of a random pack mate. He hadn't spoken to the fellow, and wasn't planning on doing so either. But maybe, just maybe, he could try to run into him. Mmhm... He hummed as a sort of answer, finding it rude not to.

Goldhawk was the name of the jolly guy, and somehow it fit. It had a nice ring to it, though Gotham preferred Bacchus. While the rest only asked questions, Gotham find him laughing at how the jolly male spoke. The joke itself didn't do him much as he didn't know Goober at all, but the way he said it just cracked him up. It wasn't a real accent though, at least it didn't sound like it.

Do other ones speak the way you do? He asked, curious about other things than the alpha of this pack thingy. What was it about again? 
The Unknown Strength
105 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Goldhawk, a name that seemed fitting for the sparkling champagne colored wolf. Well, Samuel at least thought he looked that way, perhaps his eyes were mistaking him. His main attention laid on the other wolf, though Maja and Gotham spoke before Samuel did.

Maja wanted to know he leader's name while Gotham just asked about the way Goldhawk spoke. Seeing that he wanted Goldhawk to speak first, Samuel decided to wait. But what would they want with Goober anyways? The strange but jolly man spoke kindly about Goober, though he wondered about the business that he was encircled in.

"I'd be happy to go and give him the notice" Samuel offered, hopefully Goober wasn't in big trouble.
wot wot
195 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Last post in this thread from me~ Goober jumped off a cliff, so Goldhawk's quest to find him has failed, alas~ but tyvm everyone for threading with me! <3

Large gatherings could be fun and charming for everyone involved, but when it came to getting a direct answer Goldhawk found that a one-to-one meeting was much more efficient. Still, he couldn't bring himself to be impatient, as everyone here was really very nice. Besides, he got a perfect answer from Samuel. Thank you, chum! I'll linger in the area for a while and await the outcome, he said with a swish of his golden tail. As to my pack and voice, he turned to the other two with a smile. I hail from a proud land far west of here — Neverwinter. There's a fabulous plethora of fancy accents over there, but only one with mine, wot wot.

With that, he stood and gave a great flamboyant bow to all three, I'd best be on my jolly old way. He had to report to Scimitar pronto. I'll be in touch, sah, he added gratefully to Samuel, not knowing that this was the start of a trail running cold: Goober would not be found. So off the golden male went, leaving the other three to continue their day in peace.