Blacktail Deer Plateau taken away to the dark side
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
All Welcome 
Winter had come and gone and Constantine had been more than ready to return home and to his family. As the air warmed and the birds began to soothe mother nature with their song once more, the dark wolf had found his paws closer and closer to the home he had left behind.

Except now, standing upon the old borders of his birth home, the yearling arched his brows in surprise, his fiery eyes scanning the land before him. No scent of his family lingered any longer.. it was as if his home had become irrelevant in silence and abandonment. 

A frown stirred across his features then and the wolf shifted his paws, nose tipping upward in the air to test the scent once more. They were simply gone.
all you have is your fire
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Nanook had survived the winter, but so far spring had done little to fill her rangy form. The drifter was keen to amend that. So with her head lowered, the angular girl moved with an edge to her trot until she nosed out a prey scent satisfactorily fresh. Rabbit - she could picture the critter now, fat and plush and altogether distorted by her hunger, and her mouth watered. Nanook fell in rhythm with the twisting path, one of the many woven into the fabric of the Plateau. Her paws breezed over the plain by the push of hunger alone.

Yet another scent interrupted her, and she faltered. Her thoughts ushered back to reality, to the quiet drawl of bird song and the whistle of the wind through the tall grass. The world around her gave no sound of company, but a second inhale identified a predator nearby, one of her kind, a drifter like herself, only male. Nanook felt her neck bristle and she lifted her gaze until she stared level with the near horizon.

A dark silhouette confirmed her thoughts, and she lingered like a spectre while she watched the other lift his nose to the heavens. No howl escaped him - perhaps he was tracking, and he, too, had a trail to follow. The breeze played around her, and pushed her scent in multiple directions. For this reason she remained where she stood, for though tall, the grass could not hide her fully, and she had no intention of turning her back on this stranger if he happened to catch wind of her presence behind him.
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better
battle without honor or humanity
140 Posts
Ooc —
I am okay with a loose PO since Pallas is crashing the thread

It was not the tittering song of birds that caused Pallas to draw to a stop during a voyage into the Plateau. It was the scent of another wolf. She paused in her rummaging and narrowed her gaze, trying to detect just where the wolf was currently stationed. It took her a moment to see Nanook, a monochrome-dusted wolf paused in a band of short grass. She did not see Constantine until a moment later, for his dark pelt concealed him well in the afternoon shade. Curious but not compelled to approach either, the pale she-wolf simply watched with interest.
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Thanks for joining, both of you!
He had not heard the approach of others – his focus was solely upon the challenge that now lay before him a she contemplated what on earth had happened to his home. His pelt bristled lightly with unnerve as the wind swept past him – and only then did he realize that another was close by.

Tilting his muzzle, the youthful male stole a glance around the lands he stood in, almost expecting a wolf to creep forward from the Plateau. Yet the wind did not play in the proper direction for that, and shifting his weight, the  brown wolf cast his eyes upon a youthful girl – or from what he could deem her to be so, crouching within the grass. Behind her – another wolf.

His brows arched upward, his own silence remaining as he determined what the presence of either stranger might mean.
10 Posts
Ooc —
Dark had been hunting for about an hour now when he picked up a sent of another wolf. His head rose up from the tall yellow   grass and his ears and muzzle twitched to scent of another wolf. This wolf smelled really odd, kind of like another wolf at the same time. Dark slowly crept closer to the smells. Dark felt curious, he had not seen another wolf in about two months now and was extremely lonely. If only he could see another wolf only for a second, he would be over joyed with happiness. The thought of seeing another wolf kept nagging at his mind. Dark smirked as he could make out a clear sent now.

Dark crouched low in the grass. He could hear the wolf walking in the grass. He was just about to jump out and see the new wolf when something in his mind warned him not to do so. He stopped immediately, his eyes filled up with tears as he started thinking of something, something he never wanted to think in his life. I am to shy to even show my self, Dark thought.  After two moths Im to shy to show myself. He thought again. He really wanted to see the wolf but was way to shy so he just lay there crouching and waiting for... something to happen.
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Just as the wind played through her fur to carry her scent toward the dark man, so it worked to bring another to Nanook. With a tilt of her muzzle, she caught the whiff of she-wolf before the breeze teased the scent on a different trail, but that was enough. With the vague awareness of another nearby, and with the man turned to appraise her, Nanook's jaw tightened. She held still, but her mind spoke with a frenzy she worked to conceal from both pairs of watching eyes.

Was this an ambush? A ruse? Her guarded attention remained on the dark man, but she let one ear slick to catch the noise of the world behind her. His feral scent gave Nanook no reason to assume he had any association with the nearby she-wolf, but the glass through which Nanook saw the world was one stained by hardship, and until proven wrong she took this as another stain to add to her growing collection. If she had noticed the other man's presence nearby, she would have beelined her way out of the flatland without a thought of turning back. But tall grass concealed him, and she remained blind to his presence. Instead, she waited on the movement of the other two, watching for the language of the dark man and listening to any sound of attack from the she-wolf at her rear. With her tail taut at her hocks, she pressed her lips tight and felt her body waver under the strain of the uncertainty she faced.
I'll do better
140 Posts
Ooc —
Feel free to skip Pallas if it comes to it.

One wolf would have been enough, but two was too many. Pallas watched, a guarded expression across her strained face. It appeared neither the mercury-hued wolf nor the cauldron-black wolf knew each other, but it was not those wolves that captured Pallas' attention. It was a third, whose scent had just hit the breeze. She froze, and had similar thoughts as Nanook. If it was an ambush, it was a poorly played one: without any further ado Pallas slipped from the tall reeds and started to put distance between the three of them.
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
With the tensions and uncertainty lingering in the air, Constantine’s muzzle lifted only as his nose tested the air further – the scents of others causing his gaze to drift from the silver she-wolf and about the lands, noting the other pale female slinking away now. The scent of another was apparent – but he had yet to spot the other wolf.

His own fur along the length of his spine lifted in reaction, though he made no movement toward the girl. “Show yourself, or I will drag you out myself,” he rumbled darkly, his voice lifting through the air as his tail gave a quick flick through the air. He did not know where this other wolf was – but he was keen to keep his word and find them, if they continued to spy upon the two. His fiery eyes shifted back to the girl, softening his gaze before lifting his shoulders in a gentle shrug, as if to apologize to her about the tone of his voice.
10 Posts
Ooc —
Darks heart beat skips a beat as he hears the words drag you out myself. Dark grids his teeth and thinks of how stupid he was being about just creeping up on some random wolves that he did not know. But Darks only option was to show himself, wait to be dragged out, or run as fast as he could.

The Idea of running as fast as he could made him feel scared because he knew that he would probably be chased down. Dark decided to show himself. He leaped out from the grass, his grey fur shimmering in the sun. He looked at the dark brown wolf and said "Fine I showed myself, I mean no trouble". Dark got ready to sprint for this wolf did not look so kind and nice hearted.
140 Posts
Ooc —
Pallas' exit post unless someone addresses her :)

A command rang from the clearing below, but it was not addressed to her. Pallas' ear flicked back and a wry smile played her face: she would do no such thing. With a shift of her body she was off, wrangling her way through the tall brush. In a few moments it would be as if she had never been present for this chance meeting of four in a deserted plateau: she was a pale shadow no more transient than rolling fog.
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Fear pressed as tangible lump in her throat, but Nanook refused to waver or let down her guard. Her focus remained affixed on the wolves who flanked her, her ears still attuned to whoever roamed behind her, and her eyes sealed on the subtle shift in the dark man's demeanour. At the rise of his fur, her own spine bristled, and a buzz flipped her stomach upside-down. Her body tensed to counter his anticipated attack, but his spar came only in the rumble of a threat, and one she knew could not be directed at her.

The suspicion of an ambush still played in the recess of her mind, but reason, or maybe wishful thinking, stole the dark man to her side when he turned to her with a softer appeal in his shoulders. The disturbance in both his word and visage couldn't be explained if the presence of the hidden one did not perturb him as much as it did she, yet it was something in the look he gave her that drew her out of focus.

Only the sound of another man rallied Nanook out of her stupor, and she scuttled until she could see them both. Two men, and one woman still somewhere in the grass. She darted a guarded look between the dark one and the grey, and found herself slowly siding closer to where Constantine stood near the Plateau.
I'll do better
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
He noted that the pale she-wolf took leave – he was uninterested in following her, and as the one who crept in wait finally leapt forward, stating good intentions, Constantine withheld a rumble of disagreement through the vocals of a snarl.

The silver she-wolf of his age seemed to sidle closer to him – or was that his imagination? He did not move, his gaze remaining transfixed upon the wolf who had been intent to hide, and his ears pressed forward to indicate his displeasure at the stranger. “Trouble skulks in the shadows, waiting for opportunity to strike.” He paused, his lip curling as his fiery eyes studied the male. “What is your reasoning for doing so?”

This had not been what he had expected upon returning home, and while he was loathe to initiate a battle with another wolf, he felt confident that the grey she-wolf was an unspoken ally of sorts.. one that would not turn her teeth upon him as well.

When the other wolf did not respond, and in turn, left, as did the other stranger, it left Constantine with the silver she-wolf. With guarded eyes, he shifted his weight, uncertain with what to say. With the knowledge that his family no longer lingered upon the Plateau, and the unease he felt at so many others being within the vicinity, the ebony youth tipped his muzzle to her, this time, taking his own leave.

It would do him no good to linger upon the doorstep of the past when he needed to seek out his family.