Broken Antler Fen Show Of Affection
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Private 
Aduin felt like he could walk on water. That's how she made him feel. Like nothing could make life better at all. Indeed she was younger than him, by a lot, but he knew his limits. He felt that perhaps it was time to share things, such as his secret place. A place they could be near each other, somewhere private. To talk things over, play. He felt excited. He sent out a howl for @Brandy, then sat close to his secret place, his tail wagging with glee.
Delta
Never Gonna Grow Up, Never Gonna Slow Down, Caught Up In A Southern Summer Barefoot Bluejean Night.
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Brandy was in the middle of stalking when the salt and pepper male called for her. She curled her lip, huffing in annoyance at the duck she was stalking. It whipped its head up at the howl, and she had no choice but to lunge. It started to take off, but thank god the copper female was swift. She shoved off with her hind legs, leaping into the air and grabbing it by the leg. It fell with her, shouting an alarm and still flapping in a last attempt at survival. It didnt take her long to bite into its throat and end its calls, and was soon racing towards Aduin. Normally she'd have called back, but her jaws were a little full. It took her a bit to find him, including a stop or two to put down the duck and scent for him. Finally she arrived, throwing the duck to his side and flopping down at his paws, rolling on her pck and pawing at his face playfully.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Aduin smiled as she approached. He enjoyed the sight of her. It made him feel warm and fuzzy. He pawed back at her, his tail thumping. He enjoyed the short play, but then stood up and took a pace back to give her room after remembering his reason to call. "I want to show you something. Something we can share." His tail wagged as he awaited an answer. "I'll carry this for you" he said, picking up the duck.

We are speeding through these threads
Delta
Never Gonna Grow Up, Never Gonna Slow Down, Caught Up In A Southern Summer Barefoot Bluejean Night.
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Yeah we are xD Theyre so cute though! 

Tail wagging, she rolled over and pranced after Aduin, wondering just what the salt and pepper male wanted to show her. She found herself watching him; the way he moved, the looks he gave, all his habits. 
     "Where to?"
She couldnt help but ask, even if she was sure he wouldnt tell her. She'd like it though, she had no doubt.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Aduin looked back, glad she followed along. He would have answered, but he had a duck in his mouth. Dangling from his jaws. His tail swept side to side, and soon he arrived to a familiar trail. The path of that led to his secret place. His private place. He stopped outside one of the many bushes that surrounded his little clearing, and with a forepaw pushed past a passage for her to go through. He tossed the duck through before speaking, "Ladies first." He had such a goofy grin.
Delta
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Brandy followed along happily, prancing after him without a care in the world. When he stopped, the copper female stuck her face into the open area first, soon slipping her tiny body through the gap. Before even looking around, Brandy turned to watch Aduin. 
       "What is this place?" 
She still didn't yet understand why he'd brought her here, but she trusted him to keep her safe
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
He stepped through after her, this time admiring the clearing another time. Surrounded by shrubs and bushes, a few little flowers along the damp ground. And his favorite flowers, sitting right in the center. He went right over to the batch of marsh flowers, then lied down in front of it. 

"It's where I go to be alone. I wanted to keep it secret, but..well, now it's yours too." He felt confident about her liking this little area. Their little area. "You are free to use it. If you want."
Delta
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
She followed, looking around the sheltered little area in wonder. When he said it was his-no, THEIRS, the copper female couldnt resist a wide, goofy grin. This was theirs? A place to go for anything, together or not. A place to hide, gather herself, take some time. Or maybe if she needed to talk to Aduin away from prying ears.
           "Aduin, this place is gorgeous! I promise, I wont tell anyone else."
She pressed herself against him, nuzzling into his neck and giggling. Her lemon eyes played over the landscape, dying to romp around and play like her heart so desired.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Aduin felt all warm inside and out, being glad she liked it. His tail wagged happily, a goofy grin of his own on his face. He then looked at her catch. "Shall we?" he asked suggestively, then grabbed it and dropped it in front of her, allowing her to have the first bite. It was her catch, after all, and the gentleman way. While he waited, he wondered on things. Like how their future would be. Or how he managed to get a girl like Brandy, being the nervous boy he was.
Delta
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Brandy smiled and settled down next to it. She didn't rip into it, however, but carefully pulled out the feathers from the base as to not harm them. She looked up sheepishly at Aduin with a cute, innocent smile.
          "You think we could make a den here, lace it with the feathers? They're really soft, but I've never met another being outside my mother to use them."
Others usually looked at them crazy after finding out, and Brandy couldn't understand. Why sleep on the dirt, or stone, when you could sleep on feathers and moss? In the Cove, it wasn't much an issue, thanks to all the natural moss. But even she and her mother had a dugout den in the roots of a tree there, lined all around with silky duck feathers and soft emerald moss. She'd been born in a nest of furs, feathers, and moss, and had lived the rest of her life as so.
After pulling them out and putting them under her paw, the copper she wolf ripped into it, then nudged it to the salt and pepper male to take a bite. It wasn't all that warm anymore, but ducks were her absolute favorite and it was clear in the pleasure on her face.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Aduin thought on it. He did find the ground quite uncomfortably mushy here. And even though he found it a bit odd why a wolf would lie on feathers, he met her idea with enthusiasm. "Sure. Remember, it's your place too now." He hadn't noticed that he didn't have his nervous stutter, feeling entirely confident around her.

She nudged the duck to him, and he took it graciously, eating slowly. As he did, he lifted his gaze to her. The boy took his time, watching her as he ate. It was an enjoyable meal. Once finished, he didn't notice the blood around his muzzle and lifted his mouth to nuzzle her.
Delta
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Brandy beamed, reaching out and nuzzling him with her own crimson-stained muzzle. She would make sure to find a good place to dig, like Ambrosia taught her. Not a place liable to fall apart, somewhere dry and packed down. The roots of a tree provided a good place to dig among. They didn't need to dig if there were a hollow tree, fallen or not around here. She'd work on it later.
          "I'll make sure its nice and fluffy for the two of us. I promise, you'll love it!"
She took another bite of the bird, tail wagging in joy.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
He smiled at her enthusiasm, as well as her nuzzle. Aduin was excited to see how it would be done. And he thought of an idea. "If you need any help, call to me. Okay? But, if you can, don't tell anyone about this place." As much as he enjoyed Sebastian's company and the idea of him and Brandy's mother seeing it, he rathered it be there little slice of heaven. He laid down on his belly in front of the marsh flowers, making sure there was another space for Brandy next to him if she wanted to.
Delta
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Brandy nodded and grinned, giggling and sharing his thoughts. This was THEIR place!
      "It'll be faster if you help but you don't have to."
She took the last scraps of the duck, flinging the bones into the brush with a few strokes of her hind legs. She trotted over and plopped herself next to her... Well, what was he, exactly? They were more than friends, she could sense that, but not mates either. Courting, perhaps? What did they call each other?
                 "Aduin... What do we call what we are?"
She was still amazed at her luck of finding someone that tempered her fire, kept it contained, but made her feel more alive than she ever had. How could he deal with her and her insanity?
                             "And.... Well.... Why me?"
She couldn't help the words that slipped from her muzzle, but didn't try to stop them either. She started to groom his face, body sprawled and relaxed.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Aduin smiled. He was happy that he could help her with making their little area more pleasant and comfortable for the two of them. But then, he was quite surprised by her question. What were they? A couple? But what kind? Not friends. He hadn't asked Sebastian about that. And before he could answer, she asked another. THis one had him completely caught off-guard.

"Brandy, I like you. Because you cared for me when we got hurt, you were honest, I admire you and your features. And I care for you in return..Why would you ask that?" he asked after his pause. He didn't see anything wrong with her. Was she hiding something?
Delta
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
How does one bold and/or italicize?

Brandy listened, silent and still grooming Aduin's face. She pondered his reply for a moment, thinking of what to say. 
        "It's just that, sometimes, well.... I feel like I'm too much. In whatever I do. I'm either TOO defensive, TOO excited, TOO upset. It's not in my nature to be subtle, and I know it bothers some. And you, you're so kind, so gentle. You make me want to be CAREFUl! .... I-If that makes any sense."
That last part had sounded okay in her head, but saying aloud made her doubt. Did he understand how reckless the copper female was? He just seemed so.... Perfect. For her, at least. Even in tempering her, his gentle nature made her inner fire burn brighter, giving her something to defend, something to care about, something that could be HURT if not defended. Not that she doubted his ability to protect himself, but the tricolored female knew that he didn't like confrontation. Why bother, when she was more than happy and overly willing to defend what she saw as hers?
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
So sweet.

Aduin was confused. Did she believe that about herself. Sure, she seemed very excited at times, but he thought that normal about others around their age. Mostly her age. He hadn't seen her really get defensive much. But he did know that she got upset easily. He wasn't bothered by it at the least.

He used the tip of his muzzle to lift her face so they were eye to eye. For once in his life, he felt the seriousness he expected Seb had a lot with many conversations they had. "I don't care. I get too nervous, too scared, too down. But right now, I don't feel that. Do you?" He wriggled closer, edging nearer to comfort. "As long as we are together, we have each other to support each other. I don't feel scared around you, nor down or nervous."

You can either do CTRL+B for bold/ CTRL+I for italics, or use the two bottoms at the top of the posting box
Delta
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Brandy's fears were calmed easily, Aduin pressing closer to her and putting his own issues out in the open. He didn't care about her bipolarity, her extreme emotions, but then again she didn't care that he was too shy. Quite the opposite.
         "Aduin I like you BECAUSE of those things. I love that you're gentle and shy, and especially that you don't mind my own extremeness. You stabilize me." 
She Nuzzled herself into his throat, tail thumping on the earth below her. Soft whines of joy escaped her lips and her lemon eyes sparkled from every bit of light filtering down on them.

thank you and I know theyre just so cute :3 very happy with the direction this is going
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Um, what direction is that? I am going by guesswork on how these things go

Aduin's tail thumped in tune to hers, gazing into her lemon eyes with his brown eyes. A feeling pressed him into pressing his nose toward hers, then nuzzling his muzzle against hers with a soft whine of his own. Was this what a crush was like? Or was this something more, like what Sebastian had with Haven? He wasn't absolutely sure why he kept on comparing this to their relationship, because under no circumstance did he want it to end the same way.
Delta
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Oh, I thought there were plans :3 I love it even more. They're so cute. They keep this up and they could be mates ^-^

Brandy rumbled happily deep in her chest, nuzzling Aduins face and sticking out her tongue to lick him a few times. This right here was wonderful! She got to lay here, belly full with her favorite meal, in this gorgeous place, with the guy she really liked. What more could she ask for? 
     "You know Aduin, I hope this lasts forever. The pack, here in the fen, all our family around us. It was amazing enough without adding you to the mix. Now that you're here.... I don't know what life would be like if you werent a big part of it now."
True, she'd only lived here a short time. And it was even newer to add the black and white male as a potential mate, more exciting. She hadn't put a LOT of thought into having a personal family of her own, like the mate and puppies kind, but thoughts were starting to sneak their way into her head.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Should we end this thread soon, or do you want to keep going?

Aduin felt the same. He couldn't ask for more. Had this been a month or two ago, he would ask for his sisters. But by now, he had almost forgotten about them, thinking of them from time to time. Perhaps it was time to move on. He shared some licks of his own, enjoying this moment they shared. 

"I don't know either..I'd probably be sulking alone somewhere" he admitted. He guessed she didn't know what about, as he had never told her about his sister's. Or what happened before him and Sebastian came here. Maybe for another time, maybe not. He didn't want this moment ruined.
Delta
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Up to you. They could bond a little or you can fade out.

Brandy wondered what exactly upset him, and was tempted to ask. But with his affection and her contentedness.... Well, it could wait. Being happy, here and now, that was important. She would learn the details later, as he would learn about her later. She was just glad he WASNT out there sulking, and was spending time with her instead. 
     "Im glad I'm better than sulking around."
She giggled and winked at him, settling down to seriously groom his shoulders. The licking rhythm lulled her into a sort of trace, though a very happy one. Puppies frolicked around her and Aduin was there too, laying next to her as they watched the little bundles of fur....
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Okay. I'll fade if you want to do a last post, feel free to

Aduin held a gentle smile. For some reason, it felt like they had met years ago. He couldn't believe how it just happened, and they had met not so long ago. It was almost too perfect. At least he was happy, and he was glad to be happy. As well as Brandy being happy. He rested his head on the ground, eyeing the flowers in front of him. "I like you Brandy. Never forget that."