Neverwinter Forest It’s been a long day
104 Posts
Ooc — Emma
All Welcome 
After having recently been let in, Mazi had found that she loved this place.  It was lovely, beautiful and... well just simply gorgeous.  Although she had to admit it was not the Caldera, it was still something.  All those beautiful evergreen pine trees shimmering, shaking in the wind.  It was a gorgeous sight really, beyond compare really.

She began to make her way through the forestry at a trot, looking for a decent den for sleep and comfort.  Mazi's eyes scanned the forest as she proceeded through the evergreens.  Her eyes settled on a few potential dens, but none stood out, so she kept going.
wot wot
195 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Hi!

The golden bard wandered among the sun-dappled trees, enjoying the refreshing breeze in his fur. He was dwelling on what he'd recently learned of Neverwinter and its young history. He had not expected to learn a touch of his Alpha's past while visiting Phoenix Maplewood to the east, but he had, and it tied the story of the forest together in his mind in quite a satisfying manner. Learning about Neverwinter's history made him feel a part of it.

Which, of course, he was — and so too was this bally fresh newcomer he'd just discovered. Good day and good health to you there, roamy lass, he said, coming to a graceful standstill nearby. Looking for anything interesting?
104 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Hello!

Mazi turn at the sudden sound of a voice to notice a golden male.  The male then asked her if she was looking for anything.  Indeed she was and she would be glad to have a helper at her side if this golden furred male wished to help out with her problem.

“I’m actually looking for a den.”  She responded briefly as a quick summary before continuing.  “If you wanted to help out that’d be great,” she continued then finished in a shyer tone, “it would be great if you could help me out... but I don’t want to force you into anything.”  Mazi then cast a nervous glance to the forest floor as she waited for the male to respond.
wot wot
195 Posts
Ooc — Ells
A mission? I'm your wolf, he agreed immediately, more than happy to aid her in this. Oh the quest for a den didn't sound very epic to some, but one's home was extremely important. Goldhawk acknowledged the significance of this entirely. But they could multitask, for Goldhawk was feeling in a particularly chatty mood today — and that was saying something.

The name's Goldhawk, my lovely homeless maiden, he gave a reassuring nod that he was one of the good guys. Perhaps you'd like to hear some words about Neverwinter's history while we mosey around? Pack history is jolly important, don'tcha know.
104 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Mazi gave him a small smile.  The little speech that Goldhawk - as he called himself - gave her feel very welcomed into Neverwinter Forest to have such a nice and polite wolf with her.  It would also be great to have a helper in the process of finding a den.

“Thanks for the help.”  The brown and gray agouti responded, with a relieved sigh.  “It’ll be nice to have some help.”  She added.   "I’d also love to hear about Neverwinter’s history.  That’d be wonderful.”  Mazi continued on.  It made her wonder though.  What had Redhawk Caldera’s history been?  She would probably never know... it was much to late to figure that out now anyways.  Meanwhile though it would be great to hear about her new and current pack’s history.  Learn some things about this beautiful place.
wot wot
195 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Goldhawk didn't know her name yet, but he didn't mind — he was ready to spout off bits of the pack's history as intended, and he could always learn her name later. He had every confidence that they would be friends.

So as they began their walk, eyes alert for a worthy den, Goldhawk began to share what he knew. The pack here at Neverwinter Forest, as ruled by our own Lady Eshe and Lord Scimitar, claimed the land during this year's earliest season — so our ranks are hardly the oldest in the bally region, despite the ancient age of the forest itself, wot. But our peaceful family life was short-lived, he explained with some drama. Mere days after we claimed the forest, we got a sniff of hostility with a neighbouring pack...
104 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Mazi walked her eyes scanning to and fro for any dens that caught her attention, nothing struck her as den worthy though so far.  As she did this though she kept her ears both trained on Goldhawk to listen of Neverwinter’s past.  That past could be vital for her to know after all, it would also simply be good to know about her Pack’s history.  Plus it would really help her out if anyone asked about it.

Surprisingly enough, she found her pelt bristled when Goldhawk mentioned hostility from another Pack.  How dare they!  They should just leave Neverwinter alone those crazy wolves.  Yet Mazi began to wonder why the Pack had even bothered with telling Neverwinter out.  She continued to listen with anticipation, excited for Goldhawk to continue the story.
wot wot
195 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Enjoying the anticipation his story got from his new friend, Goldhawk continued brightly. When the borders of Neverwinter were still fresh, a brazen little lad stepped right over them and tried to claim the territory, the silly tyke. He hailed from Silvertip Mountain — directly north of here. Now, this is after our own Alphas confirmed their peace with the Silvertip wolves, so it was quite the controversy. I helped chase the laddie out m'self, he added proudly.

And so we journeyed to their borders to have an old chin-wag with the Alpha there, chap named FitzDutiful of all things. As it transpired, the trespasser was FitzDutiful's own son — and so he was motivated by family, much like us Neverwinter lot, and we all found we had that in common. Pride had been hurt and damage had been done, but it was not irreparable. And so while it was a close one, he summarised, we got there in the end. And here we are now — at well-earned peace.
104 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Mazi listened as she walked and searched for a den as Goldhawk contiuned to tell her about Neverwinter's history of the past.  A dramatized gasp escaped her as Goldhawk told her of the wolf who had tresspassed into Neverwinter Forest, who had come from Silvertip Mountain.  "How dare he!"  Mazi exclaimed.  She could barely believe that someone had been so careless as to tresspass on her packs territory.  That was horrible.

A small smile worked up it's way to the agouti's mouth as the story was pretty much resolved in the end.  "Thank you for telling me about Neverwinter's history Goldhawk.  I enjoyed that."  Mazi told him.  Just then her eyes fell on a decent sized burrow.  It was a rouded out hole in the dirt.  Big enough for a wolf her size, with a little etra space.

"What do you think about this as a den?"  She asked Goldhawk, wanting his input.  She crawled inside the den to finish the picture, slipping herself inside of the den and staring back at Goldhawk with big, hopeful eyes, hoping that her friend approved of it as much as she did.
wot wot
195 Posts
Ooc — Ells
You're a stellar audience, he replied with a smile. But truly he hoped his history of the pack so far had been of use to their newest bod, and he hoped she found it as interesting as he did.

But the history lesson came to a natural end to be replaced by the real purpose of their walk. A den. Not bad, not bad, he mused, smiling slightly at the rather endearing sight of the girl poking out of it comfortably. It could use some firming-up round the ole edges though. And perhaps a tiny touch of decor... he looked around for a moment, then — aha. He proceeded to pick up some long, handsome fern leaves and drape them over the top of the den.
104 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Mazi was happy with the response she got from Goldhawk.  Her tail gave a little wag inside of the den as Goldhawk drapped the fern on top of it.  Goldhawk was right about rouding out the edges too.  The walls were a little crumbly and could use some work.  The agouti female slipping out of the den, with a triumphant and proud facade.

"Thank you so much Goldhawk."  She told her new friend with relief.  "It's great to have someone else helping me out with finding a suiting den," she smirked playfully, "and that fern really does fancy up the den."  With that Mazi padded back up to the den and began to try and compact the walls a little better, so that the den would be a little bit more sturdy.
wot wot
195 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Pleasure's all mine, he said brightly with a wag of his plume. Now I think we need a name for the den — and, more importantly, a name for the lass inside it. For despite the history lesson and the den-finding and the jolly-well-getting-to-know-each-other, Goldhawk still didn't know her name.
104 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Mazi was surprised as she suddenly relized that she hadn't given Goldhawk her name.  Had she really been so blunt with this wolf?  Although besides that she agreed with the male.  Hmm, yes in fact this den needed a name.  Yet she found that she had no idea what in the world to name it.  Huh.  Maybe Goldhawk could help, it had been his idea in the first place afterall.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't relize that I never told you my name!"  Mazi apologized quickly.  "I'm Mazi."  She paused for a moment, silent  as she thought about what to name the den.  What was a good name for a den though anyways?  "Naming the den sounds like a cool idea too Goldhawk.  Do you have any ideas?"  She looked away a little sheepishly.  "I can't think of any."
wot wot
195 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Goldhawk chuckled lightly at her embarrassment, having not minded at all that the female — Mazi — hadn't yet given a name. For now she did, and it suited her well. Pleasure to know you, Mazi, he doted, then returned his russet gaze to the den. Hmm...

He walked in a wide circle around the den, eyeing it up. Given that it's by the river and surrounded by ferns, how about Fernside? Or, failing that, there's always Mazi's Mountain...
104 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Fernside.  Perfect.  She loved it.  A warm smile alight the agouti's features.  "Fernside.  Perfect!  I love it so much Goldhawk.  Thank you"  She paused for a moment.  Then began to pad up towards the den once more, slipping in.  Wow, it sure was comfortable in here.  Very nice.  Very cozy.  Rather comfortable.

She wondered if Goldhawk had a den here or nearby.  "Goldhawk?"  Mazi began.  "Do you live nearby?"  The agouti female asked, but then contiuned on sheepishly and awkwardly.  "I mean do you have a den nearby... because it's quite obvious that you live in Neverwinter Forest."
wot wot
195 Posts
Ooc — Ells
For a moment Goldhawk wondered if Mazi (who was very sweet and charming) was flirting with him, but when his mind reached out to such things it still landed on Diane, a dream he'd once had. So he dismissed the idea, and concluded that Mazi was just being awkward — albeit endearingly so.

I have a modest little abode high on the northern border, he explained cheerfully. It was a good spot to keep an eye on things. Though to be perfectly frank, I don't spend much time there — there's far too much else to busy oneself with.
104 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Mazi curled her tail over her paws, still inside of Fernside, and listened to her new friend explain the place of his own home.  His den sounded pretty nice actually.  She had explored the northern border yesterday and the forest had seemed just as sweet and beautiful over there too after all.   She was a little surprised though to hear that Goldhawk didn't spend much time there though.  Why not?  What was always busing him?

The agouti frowned looking a little worried.  "You still get a good amount of sleep though, right?"  Mazi asked Goldhawk.  She hoped that the golden wolf did indeed still get a decent amount of sleep even outside of his den.
wot wot
195 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Goldhawk was tempted to make some joke about beauty sleep, and how he didn't need a wink of it, but Mazi — bless her — seemed quite genuine in her concern, and so the tall male smiled gratefully. I get a stellar amount. He took his duties very seriously and so did not sleep much, but he was hardly dragging his paws. You seem quite the caring soul, don'tyaknow. You should shoot for a Caregiver trade here at Neverwinter, he advised warmly.
104 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Mazi was relieved to here that Goldhawk was still getting a good amount of sleep, despite all the work he claimed to have to do, but was surprised when he advised her to shoot for a Caregiver trade.  Caregiver?  The thought almost made her shiver.  Sure, she supposed that she could be caring as Goldhawk said, but she had tested out to see how well she could manage in the state of being a Caregiver a little while before entering the Teekon Wilds.  She had ultimatly sucked.  She just pushed off the suggestion with a warm thoughtful smile and a shurg.

"Maybe... I'm more interested in the trades of Hunter and Mercenary though.  They just really seem to stand out to me."  The agouti told her friend with a little sigh.  "Thanks for the input though."  Mazi added quietly, yet warmly, to Goldhawk.
wot wot
195 Posts
Ooc — Ells
ty for the thread! :) If you'd like another, please do tag me~

Goldhawk chuffed his amusement, and smiled warmly. A warrior with a heart then. I'll buy that, lassie. He approved entirely. After all, he could relate to that — he was a soldier through and through, but a wolf in need could catch his eye as intently as the next battle.

Anyway, new friend — I'd best be on my way. I hope you drink in that history lesson, wot, and congratulations on your handsome new abode. With that he was off, feeling like a job well done.