Redhawk Caldera There's a random painted highway and a muzzle of bees
Select all. Delete.
239 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
All Welcome 
All welcome, but I'm hoping for some sibling action; @Ferret @Peter @Gannet

The rendezvous site was truly a beautiful place. The gently rolling hills and the magnificent view of Lake Rodney would have stilled a wolf's heart. However, with Whip being such a young boy, he had no great capacity for such things. The subtleties of life and its simple beauties tended to slip the boy by. Instead, he typically focused his attention on romping with his brothers and vying for dominance among them, even at such a young age. 

Today, he did just that; he tumbled with (whatever brother replies to this thread, I dunno). A playful errrrrrrrrrr blossomed from Whip's throat as he rolled around with jaws stretched wide. It was such fun, this playful romp, but a tittering from a nearby bird -- a small house sparrow -- caught Whip's undivided attention. He stopped mid-roll and stared upward, eyes wide. "Birb" he muttered incredulously.

Soon, the winged beast took flight from its tree bound perch. Whip, finding himself captivated, ripped himself from his playful romp and took off in a sprint to pursue.
Banned
48 Posts
Ooc — Kiir/Ryl
I can delete this if you want!

He had, in fact, been exploring. Ashmedai Noctis was a curious man, and one who had decided to finally check out his new home instead of working his bones off to fill his holes. A sprawling carpet of green greeted his eyes while trees surrounded them. Peaceful tranquility where birds sung and the lonely whispers of the odd tree away from forest. He breathed in, closing his eyes in quiet wonder, about to take a step forward when -

Birb!

Ash's head jerked and caught sight of a puppy - a small, tiny one looking slightly like Fox and Peregrine plus one, rolling around on the ground with the other before it leapt up to chase the shocked sparrow. He watched in amusement, detached horror dawning, but not really reaching him just yet. These were children so priviliged to lead a life within a small pack with powerful parents and for a moment, Ashmedai was reminded of his own nieces and nephews all grown up.

Alpha pups

"Shit. Shit!" Small, incoherent curses tumbled out of his mouth as Ashmedai attempted to scramble away ASAP remembering what Peregrine had said about annihilating him if he ever got too close to pups. Watching from a hopeful distance away, the male glanced through steel blue (that might as well have been water blue for how non-steely they were at that point in time), and hoped that the alpha pair weren't coming around yet.
Select all. Delete.
239 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Sorry for the wait on this one! I've been so swamped with important threads for Reek that I haven't been able to keep up with Whip threads.

"Biiiiiiiirb," he repeated, yearningly. His attention was so enraptured by his new feathered friend/possible meal that he had nearly forgotten about the tussle with his brothers mere moments ago. However, the sparrow was so out of reach. Whip inched closer to the tree in which it had found its perch and placed his paws upon the bark. Pointing his muzzle upward, he moaned "Plaaaaay birrrrb." He only wanted it to come down for a second... just so he could eat him real quick.

Whip's trance-like state, however, was broken by an unfamiliar voice. His paws remained unmoved and firmly planted on the tree, but his head craned around to see a wolf he had yet to meet. The word he said, shit -- that was familiar. Peter had gotten in the habit of saying it incessantly, and while Whip didn't exactly know the meaning to it, he wondered if it had anything to do with the bird that had snagged his attention. "Shit-birb?" he curiously mumbled.
Banned
48 Posts
Ooc — Kiir/Ryl
Oh good heavens. The child was talking again. Ash would have tripped over his own four feet trying to get away if the boy had inched any closer, but luckily (for him, at least), he had traipsed further away to the tree where his sparrow had made its home. He'd placed tiny paws upon the dark wood, eyes gleaming up at the bird. 

Maybe Ashmedai could sneak away.

In three... two... one... He lifted a foot to take a step away from the child engrossed with the bird, then another, then another and was about to flee when the child's tiny head snapped to the side, curious eyes meeting Ashmedai's own. Ha ha ha. Shit-birb? He then mumbled to himself, and horror-struck, Ash's eyes nearly bugged out of his head. Swearing... is not for pups!.

No! No shit bird! Sparrow! In what he could only hope to be a cajoling tone, Ashmedai attempted to change the subject matter from cursing to good, proper speech. Speech befitting of a prince. Speech that was not littered with vulgarities and inaccurate vocabulary.

I'm such a hypocrite, Ash would then groan to himself under his breath, knowing that he'd caught the child's attention. Just... somebody, save me now