Sawtooth Spire I'll be happy when you're gone
115 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
This was by far the most dangerous of the places Heldi had visited on her mission, the sharp jagged rocks that lined the passage into the huge massif's territory was treacherous even to an experienced explorer like herself. The agouti had had a mishap where she slipped on loose rock, cutting her shoulder on one of the toothlike precipices.

Wearily Heldi trudged into the clearing that had once been deep green with life. Signs of small mammals could be found though not many large prey, what deer would willingly navigate the rocks? Perhaps when the plant life came back there would be mountain goats. 

The carcass of an emaciated creature, one she was too tired to pay much attention to the species of, lay in her path with vultures beginning to feast on it. The predatory birds shifted aside to allow the wolf entrance with weary eyes, though they did not abandon their prey. Most likely they believed she would drop dead like the other poor beast and give them more sustenance.

Instead Heldi snarled, scattering the birds, and dug into the dead animal with vigor. She didn't care that it was tough and stringy from being out in the sun nor did she mind the stale taste of an animal dead for a long time. The bastard only cared that she was getting food in her belly.
20 Posts
Ooc — Makayla
The midnight male had struggled to climb as high as he did. This path was not his original goal, but something had lured him to the pillars. The energy given to him by his last meal was long gone, leaving him to stumble along. When this happened, he thought it best to stop and rest, try to regain his lost energy.

He turned his yellow gaze towards one of the pilars and thought about why he'd chosen to climb up instead of walk around. Below he would be able to find rivers to fish in, while up here all of the streams would be flowing down. With this in mind, the reason hit him full force: he'd be able to see where the water was instead of wandering aimlessly. Sighing, his jaws parted and brought with it the scent of wolf and food. The scent of wolf failed to make him weary of others, instead he mind was fixated on the second scent. Hoisting himself up, he walked up farther in hope of a meal.
115 Posts
Ooc —
The wind shifted and with it came the scent of another loner. The Vledfest's spine straightened, fur prickling as she sensed the other approaching. Turning, Heldi knew she would be an easy target for attack and she had food which made her even more prone to being turned on.

Though the scent got stronger she still couldn't see the wolf. "Whoever you are, I'm willing to share. I may not win but if you try to take it for yourself I will fight you until I can not any longer." The bastard's voice was thin and weak from traveling and her injury but the warning was clear. It was true, Heldi may not win a fight at the moment but she sure as hell would injure whoever it was if they tried to deny her stomach what it was due.
20 Posts
Ooc — Makayla
OOC: on my phone, so this may be short.

He heard a voice and stopped, pivoting his ears towards the sound. It never occured to him that anyone would be willing to share anything given the lack of anything nearby. "I don't plan on fighting for whatever it is. I just need enough to keep me going." The male started to walk forwards again, only to stop when she came into view. He noticed her wound and drowned, seeing how fresh it was. "You struggle getting up here too?"
115 Posts
Ooc —
Her aggression receded though her wariness remained in her stance, in case he was only trying to trick her before attacking and snagging the carcass for himself. "Then come forward. You'll find no fight from me if your intentions are honourable."

The male who appeared was black as night, a few white hairs scattered in, with golden eyes. He was slightly larger, not as large as Zephyr, she sized him up slightly noting his frown when it fell upon her bleeding shoulder.

"It looks worse than it feels. I slipped and cut it in one of those damned rocks, the spike like ones." The bastard shuffled over a bit to give him room so he might eat with her. "It doesn't taste very well but help yourself. Us lone wolves have to stick together I suppose." Heldi offered him the smallest of smiles, too tired to really show any friendliness to him.
20 Posts
Ooc — Makayla
He sighed and nodded at the story behind the wound. "I was stumbling up, luck must've helped me in some way. Some loners prefer to take care of only themselves, so you can never be sure. Others are more likely to help." He walked forward until he reached her and the carcass. "And anything helps in a time of hunger." Though young, this was one of the first lessons he learned when he left his pack. He forced his own smile, one thing he'd learned before leaving was make friends, not enemies. It's always safer that way anyways.
115 Posts
Ooc —
"I am not some loners. But that is a good thing to have, caution. Some are not as kind to strangers as you or me." Heldi had gotten most of her fill, only eating a bit before moving aside and laying down nearby. It was a vulnerable position but she didn't think this male would hurt her. 

"I am Heldi Rivers-Vledfest. What is your name?" Her pale brown head cocked to the side as she stared up at him curiously.
20 Posts
Ooc — Makayla
The male ate a few bites before looking at Heldi. "Hollow Riken, nice to meet you." He took the her laying down as a sign of trust, which he never thought to betray. After his own introduction, he went on to quickly fill his stomach. Sitting back, he looked down the mountain for his original target: a water source.
115 Posts
Ooc —
"A pleasure, Hollow." She dipped her head formally, a proper lady though she was injured and must look a mess. If anything had been taught by her step-mother it was rigid etiquette.

"I don't mean to sound forward, but would you be interested in joining a pack? I'm on a scouting/recruiting mission. If you're interested you could always travel with me back to my friend Zephyr."  She explained herself, offering him the option to decline or accept as he saw fit.
20 Posts
Ooc — Makayla
He tilted his head slightly, weighing his options. On one side, he could remain a loner and only just get by, or join a pack and have a better chance at surviving. The answer came to him quick, he'd take her up on the offer. "I'll see what it's like, might stay if it fits me." He smiled at her, the 'if' meant if he was welcomed into the pack. If he was turned away, oh well, there were plenty of other packs scattered around the vast land they lived upon. There would be one somewhere willing to take him in.
115 Posts
Ooc —
the thread where she goes back to report to Zephyr will be about a month from now...so I guess I'll just tag you when it comes time to. Sorry bout that! This thread is supposed to be set right before she starts traveling back.

She beamed at him, tail thumping happily. "We'll probably stay here for a day or so, the water looks like a promising fishing spot. Then we'll begin heading back. Sound like a plan?" She looked to him for approval, wondering if he would mind that she rested up for a day or two.
20 Posts
Ooc — Makayla
That's fine, it usually takes time to travel, so I might just throw him into some of the other threads or around the areas they're in. I'm already waiting anyways, was planning for him to stay in SS.
He nodded, staying near water was the best idea since it provided food and, well, water. "I was looking for a lake or river to begin with, that's why I risked the climb. I'm fine with that." Looking again to her wound, he added. "And it will give your shoulder some time to heal."
115 Posts
Ooc —
feel free to post once more if you want or just archive

She smiled kindly, nodding her thanks to him for his consideration. "I'm going to rest for awhile, feel free to go fish without me if you want." With that, Heldi closed her eyes and fell into a deep sleep.