Barrow Fields Don't let them break your stride
I'll be good
57 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
@Caiaphas and any other SW wolves but no loners please, they'll probably just steal the kill from you anyways lol

In the early morning she left the den, paws brushing the stone floors as she departed. Rayen chuffed softly for any of her pack mates that wished to come with her to refill the caches. She had been scouting for several days until she smelt the trail of a small band of does, ones who had recently birthed their fawns at that.

She knew her Alpha would probably come, perhaps one or too others. She supposed @Kelina would come as technically this could be a Mercenary training activity. Two or three should be enough to fell at least one deer, if the whole pack came perhaps two. 

Mouth open to scent the deer easier, she led the way to Barrow Fields before waiting for the others to catch up with her. Once here they could decide on a plan to hunt the nearby herd.
The Nightstalker
198 Posts
Ooc —
Kelina walked out of the den, and barked a greeting to Rayen as she caught up with her. Kelina was excited to hunt - possibly more training. And besides, she enjoyed hunting. It was the thrill of the chase, that gave her the most excitement. 

She eagerly wandered up to Rayen's side and said "Hunting? Count me in."
[Image: tAPcmpF.png]
"I do not suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it"
I'll be good
57 Posts
Ooc —
Rayen grinned at Kelina, the first to catch up. The two had become good friends since meeting and becoming sparring partners. 

"Yeah, I smelt deer. Hopefully, we can catch one and put it in the caches. Now we just have to wait for Caiaphas, I know she'll want to be part of it,"she told Kelina, gesturing for her friend to sit and wait for the Alpha with her.
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
sorry for the wait! i am A-OK with a loose post order and mild PP of phas when we hunt :D

reluctantly caiaphas left the grotto, though it was more out of necessity than want. in the sand, printed firmly, was the passing of not one but two wolves. she lowered her muzzle to the ground to detect just who had traveled so early -- rayen and kelina. with a grunt the siren queen rose and trotted after them, her tail bobbing in excitement as she caught the trail end scent of some does. silently she would slidle alongside them, her gaze raking the bosk for any sign of food.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
I'll be good
57 Posts
Ooc —
With a nod to Caiaphas as she appeared, Rayen stood. "Hey. I smelt does, I was thinking we could hunt one for the caches. Anyone have any plans on how to do this?" Her gaze shifted to both with her, waiting to see if they had any ideas on hunting the does.

"I was thinking we could aim for one of the mothers, perhaps then we would get a fawn with it as well. It wouldn't last long without its mum anyways,"she offered up her own ideas.
The Nightstalker
198 Posts
Ooc —
Kelina nodded eagerly, listening to what Rayen was saying while noticing the the alpha approach. She gave a slight nod to Caiaphas before turning back to Rayen. "Well, we could cut them off? One at the front to bite it, one at the side to chase it, and somebody at the back to make sure it won't turn?" She suggested. She wasn't the best hunter, but she had watched packs hunt before, and this kind of strategy seemed fairly popular. She glanced at the others, wondering what they thought.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
caiaphas hung back, though not out of submission. to her, it would be a prime time to view both of the contender's skillsets -- to watch how they hunt, to learn about their strategy. like kelina, caiaphas was not the most skilled hunter. hopefully, for both their sakes, rayen proved exemplary. with a flicker of her tail she dipped her head in agreement to both rayen's and kelina's suggestions: doe it was. she was hungry, and this made her hopeful -- as soon as the other two wolves bid to follow the trail she would course after them, her muzzle to the ground as she went.
I'll be good
57 Posts
Ooc —
"Good plan,"she smiled at her friend, letting her know her ideas were appreciated. Doe it was, perhaps one of them could catch the fawn it traveled with afterwards. Checking to see both members of their little crew were ready, Rayen moved to track the deer.

Once they were close enough her ears flicked back in warning and she lowered herself to the ground. Silent. They're nearby. She spoke with her tribe's silent body language, hoping the women with her understood. Rayen glanced at Caiaphas to see if she wanted to lead the hunt as the Alpha.
The Nightstalker
198 Posts
Ooc —
Kelina smiled gratefully at Rayen. She also tracked the deer, though sometimes their scent was mixed in with a different deer. There must be a few more around, then, she thought, then continuing to track the doe. She stopped as Rayen lowered herself, and Kelina did too. Though she didn't understand the silent body language, by her gestures she suggested they must be close. She waited, to see who would lead.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
@Kelina i hope it is okay to PP you while you get everything sorted out - please let me know if it is not okay and i will delete immediately

they situated themselves, the three separating into the brush like the ugly head of a trident spear. caiaphas kept her body low and gaze lower, though she watched from time to time for kelina and rayen. just as she was growing bored of their pursuit it seeemd rayen had spotted somehting -- caiaphas followed her gae to a small roving band of deer concealed by tall reeds. with a nod she disappeared into the tussock, going wide around the group as she sought to rush them out from their spot and into the waiting jaws of kelina and rayen.

once she had prowled a suitable distance she lunged from her cover and scattered the deer with her actions -- in a panic one doe had bounded directly towards where kelina had been last. caiaphas rallied and gave the doe chase, hoping the two wolves would emerge from their positions soon to bring down their future dinner.

but dinner did not come -- the doe had caught wind of their advancement and had promptly fled. defeated and still hungry, the trio made their way to the shore to comb for fish.

archiving, sorry! i need to close up some of our older threads :D