Broken Antler Fen Second Date
Delta
Never Gonna Grow Up, Never Gonna Slow Down, Caught Up In A Southern Summer Barefoot Bluejean Night.
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
All Welcome 
It'd taken Brandy a while a figure out how to further bond with Aduin. But, after much thought, she figured that the salt and pepper male wouldn't know how to fish. If he did, well, then it would still be fun! But she'd gotten up at the crack of dawn again and had snuck from camp to her and Aduin's secret haven. After locating a healthy, massive tree, she'd spent all morning digging out a den down in the roots big enough for the two of them, quite a task she'd realized. She'd began on digging enough room for her to fit in, realizing that she was filling out even more so, and was going to be as big as her mother not long from now. It'd made her happy, but at the same time made her job much harder. Afterwards though, she spent another two hours gathering and carrying back the moss, coating all of the walls and hoping it would grow in by itself. She would get feathers and pelts soon enough, but having a cushion of moss underneath made it even more comfortable. As a final touch, she went out for a hunt. She didn't have to go far on the other side of their little grotto to track down a duck. The copper female crouched downwind and spotted not one but two wild ducks. Getting both might be a task, but it was worth a shot! She fell into her naturally fluid stalk, creeping ever closer. When the closest one turned its head towards her, Brandy knew it was now or never. She exploded from the undergrowth, going for the one who already knew of her. It flapped up into the air and only just avoided her snapping pearly fangs, but the other was still fumbling down on the ground in confusion. She dropped close to it, and it might've had a chance to escape had it actually taken flight. It scrambled off on foot, and the tricolored female was quick to pounce and snap its neck. This would do! She carried it back and placed it at the mouth of the den, hidden under two roots. Somewhere around two in the afternoon she let loose an excited, loving howl for her boyfriend @Aduin and prayed he liked it.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Aduin had been walking around, searching for Brandy. He couldn't find her anywhere. He didn't want to bother her mother or Seb about it, not just yet. He didn't want to get them just as worked up as he was. He was so worried, he forgot to follow her scent. Where had she gone? And why not wake him up as well?

Then he heard a howl for him. He headed off in the direction he thought her howl had come from, hoping she was alright. On his way, he started to feel worried. But he soon found her scent, and headed to their secret spot. To find a surprising sight.

"B-Brandy? You did all this?" he asked with wonder. Did she do this, all by herself? For both of them? He walked up to the entrance, peering inside.
Delta
Never Gonna Grow Up, Never Gonna Slow Down, Caught Up In A Southern Summer Barefoot Bluejean Night.
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Brandy waited for him, but it didn't take long. Soon his footsteps were detectable and he came in a ball of worried fluff. The look in his eyes shifted though, to one of surprise. Her tail immediately started to wag, and as he came closer she rubbed her body against his with a prideful chuff.
                "Go on, check it out! I've been up since probably dawn, but it only took so long cause I didn't want to stress myself out."
She nudged him towards the roots, urging him forward and whining in excitement. She wiggled as she went through to explain what was in there.
                           "I hope the moss takes root and grows, I tried not to rip it too bad. Plus the feathers and pelts we get from hunting!"
She sat and waited a moment for him to go in, plus gave him a second to look around without her size in there too. It didn't take long before she'd poked just her head down to see his reaction.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Aduin shuffled against her when she rubbed against him. He enjoyed her company. Just as much as she enjoyed his. Although he was a little worried for how long she worked. He didn't understand it was a surprise. "But Bran, you could have woke me up. What about your shoulder? What if it got hurt while you were digging?" he asked in a worried tone. He met her gaze with a worried one.

Just for a short moment, he dropped the worry. Just for the sake of exploring the den and making her happy by observing her work. He walked into the den, shuffling down to fit. He was surprised by all in it. The feathers, it's size. All in less than a day's work. "Brandy, it's wonderful. Thank you" he nuzzled her in thanks. But then his worry came back. "But next time, could you wake me up to help?"

It's big enough for both of them to fit, right?
Delta
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
The copper female sighed good naturedly as she slipped down in the den after him. It was big enough for both to snuggle or lay out if their legs were intertwined. She rolled her shoulder experimentally before daring to tell him it was okay, and found only the slightest ache. She stretched out against one wall, falling into a slight curve of the cave and smiling.
             "I told you, I really was careful. It wouldn't have taken so long if I'd have pushed through but I wanted to surprise you."
She didn't mention the dragging of her muscles, or the tiredness that wanted to make her never move, but she had another thing planned. She changed the subject in hopes to calm him, nuzzling into his throat as he stepped closer.
                        "Aduin, can you fish?"
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
At first the male wanted to ridicule her, but then she shut him up by pressing against him. He felt a pleased rumble rise up, and he rubbed his chin along her head and back of her neck. This was enjoyable for him. He could enjoy this for the entirety of his life, his tail trying to wag but instead thumping against the wall of the den.

He frowned. Then shook his head. "Um, no. I don't think so..why?" he asked, intrigued by the sudden question. Was another surprise in store for him, or was it just a curious question? The answer would come soon, most likely.
Delta
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Brandy giggled, nibbling at his ear playfully as she went on, slowly, to tell him what she was planning. So far, she'd get to go through the fun but tedious steps of teaching him to fish, but she wasn't sure she could teach him to swim. It was something that had come naturally to her, and her mother had let her try early. It was something she did very well, both swimming and fishing.
         "Well.... can you swim?" 
With a final lick to his face and a mischievous flash of her lemon eyes, the copper female was hauling herself out of the den and soared across the field with a flurry of excited barks. She was careful to skirt Aduin's flowers, and to stop and wait for him before taking off towards the lake. 
                           "Lets go!"
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Aduin nodded at that, playfully laughing at her nibbling his ear. Indeed he could swim. But it was mostly to cool off, not for fun. Or anything else for that matter. He followed out after her, batting a paw after her playfully. He too skirted his flowers, ready to follow along. "Lead the way, Bran."

Does she have a pet name for him?
Delta
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
I've been trying to think of one :(

Brandy pranced her way to the lake, making sure Aduin was keeping up with her every few paces. Her eyes were bright and excited and she couldn't help but race over the fen. She didn't slow when she got there either, she coiled her muscles and launched herself as fae out as she could go with a howl of joy. She plunged into the water and vanished, just to come up a couple shades darker and laughing madly.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Aduin chased along, holding a smile and chuckling along. Though when they reached a lake, she didn't slow down. "Brandy, slow-" Too late. To him, it looked like she couldn't stop in time and fell in. What if it were too shallow? "Brandy!" He came over in a hurry, searching the water. Relief swept over when she popped up further, giggling like mad.

"Good. She's okay" he murmured, letting himself relax. Though he stayed away from the water, circling around to find the closest point to her that was on dry land.
Delta
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Brandy giggled, splashing around her paws in an exuberant doggy paddle, and hollered over to the pacing black and white wolf. He said he knew how to swim, right? The water soaked through both layers of her pelt, reaching skin, and her legs were already tired. She'd had a long day, and knew that it'd probably be a lazy evening: she deserved it.
          "Come ON Aduin! It's great!"
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Aduin eased on closer till his toes touched the water. Then, like an absolute wuss he jumped back. It was cold! To him, at least. "I think I'm fine here. I'll just...watch" he said. He knew how to swim, but never really enjoyed it. The only times he would swim was when he reimagined that fire everywhere. It still gave him nightmares. He stood there on a point of elevation over the water's edge, occasionally dipping a paw in the water. But his eyes remained on Brandy.
Delta
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
He didn't seem so keen on getting in, and so Brandy padded towards him. By the time shed touched the shore with her fiery paws, her tongue lolled out of her mouth in exhaustion. She was panting softly after shed shaken out her copper and cream fur, but nuzzled her damp face into his warm chest. She wasn't sure why he obviously didn't like it, but she wouldn't push him. She planned on talking and bonding while they fished anyways.
        "Do you wa[size=x-large]nt to learn how to fish?'[/size]

[size=x-large]
oh hey 100th post! Yay for Brandy!
[/size]
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Aduin traced her movements with his gaze until she came right beside him. Knowing her playful nature, he was ready for a push. Yet none came. That relieved him, and he nuzzled back. Then she asked a question, and for a second he was hesitant. Fishing meant getting into the cold water. But if she wanted to, then he would have to deal with it.

So he gave a shrug. "I don't see why not." He looked back at the water, wondering if there were any fish in there. The idea of something else being in there, unseen by his eyes, kind of made him uneasy.
Delta
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
He seemed more enthusiastic about her safety than their hunt. Thats okay, the attention paid to her was not only flattering, but consuming. The copper female was slightly vain, there was no doubt about it, and she did nothing to hide such a fact. But hearing Aduin's compliments, having HIS attention, it made her much happier than anyone ELSE'S attention. Nobody else mattered. She did think about pushing him, naturally, but this was much better than watching him flounder in the shallows. The black and white male looked at the water nervously, and Brandy smiled. 
                    "Do you not like the water, Aduin? We can stay on shore and fish, but it'll be a little harder."
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Aduin shook his head, nervous about the cold. He didn't like sudden temperature changes. "It's cold." He gulped, staring down at the water. But then he recalled Seb's words about confidence. So, with one deep breath, he did what he didn't think he would do. He jumped in. And burst out. At first, it was cold. But slowly, it warmed up. 

"I-It isn't so c-c-cold anymore!" he called to her, his teeth chattering. He wanted to jump in, to show he was confident. Clearly he did not remember his last time doing that with tree-climbing.
Delta
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Brandy could not help but laugh at the black and white male, padding forward and nuzzling into him gently. She doubted very much that they would catch anything at this point, now that both wolves had been in and splashing around. The copper female could tell he was trying very hard for her, and appreciated it, but seeing him uncomfortable made her pelt squirm. She had the instant pull to keep him from it, to remedy both of their woes. No longer did the idea appeal to her of teaching Aduin to fish.
       "Perhaps we could wait for another, warmer day? I'm more worn out than I thought."
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Aduin gave an unsure look, standing in shallow water. "A-Are you s-s-sure?" he asked, shaking a little less. Then he decided to go along with it, and pulled himself out of the water, his wet pelt heavy. Then he shook it before falling to his belly, letting the sun dry him up. Yet he still shivered. "B-Brandy? Are y-you cold?"

They can always have another try at fishing. Maybe Seb or Pearl could help them next time
Delta
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
That'd be fun for bonding :D

Brandy smiled again and giggled, pressing her face into his just before he got out. The copper and cream female stood back while he shook out his pelt, but he asked if she was cold. Well, she was chilly, she supposed, but not really cold. At a glance, Aduin looked like he was about to freeze. Whining in worry, the female lied down behind him, pressing the curve of her soft belly into his spine as to give him as much warmth as possible. She also draped her left legs over his shoulder and flank, putting her head down next to his face. Her wet fur separated her fur more so from the three jagged scars across her right eye, long since healed and forgotten. The sparkle in her lemon eyes proved it was no longer a burden to her mind, if it ever was.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Aduin was surprised by her movement, though welcomed it and the warmth from it. "Th-thank you..." He paused, a thought coming to mind. "Wh-what do you s-see? In our f-f-future?" he asked, curious to hear her answer. The young male didn't see much, but that's because he had not looked far enough to see anything. Yet if he knew more about romanced couples, he may have looked further.
Delta
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Future? Oh god. He didn't know about her daydreams of puppies did he?! Her eyes went a little wide at the thought of him knowing.
      "I-I dont know. I didn't think about it much.... Did you?"
Was she willing to spend her life with the male she was currently cuddling? Well, if it stayed like they were now, hell yeah. But what if it DIDNT? Thoughts of worry plagued her, and perhaps her worry of what'd happened to her mother. She didn't want something bad to happen between them that she'd have to leave and raise her pups alone. She couldn't imagine anything like that though, and Aduin would surely always give her the choice to say no in anything.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
The young male shrugged. "I..No, not really." It made him unsure that neither had thought. Maybe that was a good thing, though. That was neither would expect anything out of the future, right? He felt himself getting warmer by the minute, and he wasn't sure if it was her body warmth, the sun or his warm feelings. He was enjoying his life as it was now.

Let's finish this one first
Delta
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Had Brandy known what was going through his head, she might've told him about the puppy daydreams right then and there. She might've been young, but she did know she didn't want to be away from the one she was warming. Soon the feeling would be more certain, and one day she might actually name it for what it was: Love. Aduin made her want to climb mountains for him.... But take her time and be careful, as to not worry him. She was posittive that this wolf, right here, she could spend her life with.
Unfortunately for her, she was an anxious mess right now. She was keeping herself composed, but now she worried about not just the chaos in her own mind but what Aduin was thinking. Her copper fur clumped in anxiety, but she was glad for the wetness still in her pelt. If she didn't groom it out, it would've clumped anyway. Her eyes showed her worry, if the only spot.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
He turned his head a little to try and face her. And found worry in her eyes. But this time, he did his best to ignore it. He couldn't worry about everything little thing about her. His tail waved in joy at her touch, her warmth. He smiled, giving a light nuzzle. A low rumble came from within, a rumble of the feelings he felt for her. He knew that he would do anything for her. 

Fade?
Delta
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
He seemed to drop the subject and not mention her anxiety, and for that she was thankful. Aduin seemed more keen on cheering her up and showing her love, and there was no argument there. A low rumble of her own resonated from her chest, and she rubbed her face along his as he brought it closer.