Broken Antler Fen Grass-Munchers
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
All Welcome 
Aduin couldn't believe his eyes when he came to his small, secret area. There was nothing. Their little clearing was no longer surrounded by green shrubs, but skeletons of former plants. No plant was untouched. He rushed in, then fell to his rump in despair. Even the flowers had not been spared. As a single petal fell from his favorite batch of flowers, his hope fell too. He and Brandy's secret area was no longer secret, let alone alive. He sighed in sadness, watching the petal fall.
Delta
Never Gonna Grow Up, Never Gonna Slow Down, Caught Up In A Southern Summer Barefoot Bluejean Night.
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
What in the hell was going on?! Brandy trotted tensely for her and Aduins hideout, wondering what had become of it. Places once green and lush were now being stripped away by some odd grasshopper looking things. The full reach of the storm had yet to hit, apparently, but already the losses were growing. She barely recognized where she was as Aduins black and white pelt was suddenly clear. Wait a second... T-This was their place! A strangled cry ripped from her throat as she slowly, painfully, slunk towards him. Her lemon eyes were wide and filled with heartbreak, gazing around at what was once their haven. 

"T-This place was supposed to be SAFE!"
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Aduin did not happen to notice her beside him. His eyes were on the den they had made. Surely, everything was okay in there. And clearly, it was only plants these things ate. Still, it upset him. To see their little haven, his batch of flowers, gone. He stood up and strode over to the den, poking his head in. And let out a sigh of relief. It had been untouched, for they had no plant-life inside.

The male wolf went back to Brandy, nuzzling along her side comfortingly. "Brandy, I-I am sorry. S-Sorry that we lost this..th-this place of ours." He looked her in the eyes, trying to comfort her to her happy self.
Delta
Never Gonna Grow Up, Never Gonna Slow Down, Caught Up In A Southern Summer Barefoot Bluejean Night.
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Her paws came to rest on his favorite flowers, and her heart burned deep in her chest. Her yellow eyes locked onto the last petal, glossed over in sadness. She didn't notice the lone locust crawling for her paw. Brandy looked around towards the den to see Aduin coming towards her with the same heartbroken demeanor. 
              "I'm so sorry Aduin."
He nuzzled along her, warming her back up a little bit. It was just plants... Right? They would regrow? The worst that could've happened in the den is that the moss is gone, no big deal. The salt and pepper male apologized as well, and obviously not only cheering himself with her presence but trying to raise her spirits as well. She gave a soft half smile, nuzzling into his face and keeping it there for a moment. She'd been looking for Aduin for a specific reason, but was now a good time? Her eyes stared off as she lost herself to internal debate, and it was clear something was sidetracking her even from such a horrible sight.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
I think I can guess what it is

He smiled back, standing by her side. There was something on her mind. He cocked his head to the side, stepping forward to be in her view. "Is something wrong, Bran?" he asked, concerned. Was this just about the plants, or something more? He thought it to be about the plants. "It's okay, they will grow back" he assured.
Delta
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Haha yeahhhhh. You made it perfect by Aduin asking in their second date. :3 She can get all awkward and freak out then, and now she can be coming back now to make up for it. We can finish that thread first if you want or just keep it vague here?

Brandy snapped back to reality as Aduin moved, and she watched him move before her. He pinpointed that something was off, but the only thing wrong was their haven having to grow back. The male seemed to think it was about the plants, and she couldn't help but giggle. 
      "No, not that. I know it'll grow back twice as amazing as before."
Oh god. Did she tell him? Should she wait for a better moment? Maybe this, however, would lighten the burden? 
             "I-I had something to ask you, but I don't know if now is too gloomy a moment to ask such a thing."
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
He smiled at her giggle, feeling a little flush. So he must have been wrong about that, after all. It wasn't the plants..but then, what was it? He felt anxious about her now. What was going on? Something must have been up if something had her off, and it wasn't about the plants. 

Aduin's ears wilted in a confused fashion after she said something about a question she had. "Bran, what's wrong? You can ask me anything you want." Even though he was very anxious about whatever it was.
Delta
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Well crap, now she'd done it. Her own dark ears folded down and a whine broke through her muzzle. She hadn't meant to worry him. Her voice cracked in anxiety as she tried to speak and the rest of her sentence came out high pitched and concerned.
      "N-Nothing's wrong! Its a good thing, I promise!"
She stepped forward and nuzzled into his shoulder in attempts to calm him, but found that not being face-to-face staring each other down helped her words flow. Feeling their pelts mingle and the bodies press together made her feel both supported and warm, and a tiny giggle bubbled from her throat as she thought about what she was about to do. This was it....
                     "I was wondering, if, well, since we've been doing so well.... Maybe you'd like to be a little bit more than just crushes?"
Her tone came out smooth and cute, albeit still just a little higher than it should be. Her yellow eyes were excited, but worry danced in their depths. What if he said no?
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
He was glad that nothing worried her. Although her saying it was a good thing only made him more curious. Was this something to do with them? To do with the conversation about their 'future'? Then, she asked a question. Aduin went slack-jawed at her question. Wait, was she asking for...His eyes went wide, and he couldn't help but flush the most he had ever been.

"Umm, well, uh...more?" He remembered Seb's words about going slow. He didn't want to ruin it. "I mean, our ages. They are pretty far apart, aren't they?" he asked, unsure. His mind was looking at the logic, but his heart had one answer. One he was unsure of.

Just procrastinating, to make it a bit more lengthy. And have more touching words thrown in there. Oh, imagine if Seb and Ambrosia came in and peeked in on this
Delta
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
His lack of a straight answer plunged her heart into her stomach. Did he not want her? Aduin spoke of their ages, but didn't think much of it. Sure, she did mean mates, but that didn't mean they had TO mate. It was simply that the more time she spent with him, the more she wanted him to be HERS. She wanted it to be official. 
      "That gap won't ever close, Aduin. I'll always be this much younger than you."
She took a half a step back, staying close but no longer touching. Slightly because she was hurt, but more because she wanted to look back at him. It might've been easier to speak without being focused on his face, but she felt the need to see his emotion. 
               "I didn't mean we have to mate, or anything. But I do want to be with you.... If we think it isnt working, we can take a step back."
The lingering doubt that he didn't want her pushed at her again, but that couldn't be true.... Of course he did.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Aduin let out a sigh of relief. "Oh. I thought you meant that. Well then, yes. Yes I want to be with you!" he shouted, overjoyed. He nuzzled both sides of her face with his own, his tail wagging like mad. That was the answer his heart wanted, and her reply to his sputtering made it easier to say.

"What about you, Bran? Do you want to be with me?" he asked with a wide smile.

I actually thought she was gonna ask the other thing.
Delta
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Oh lol whoops xD My bad!

A burst of relieved air rushed from her muzzle that she wasn't aware she'd been holding, but Brandy was overwhelmed by his sudden affection. This was better than even their loving cuddles, this flood of attention. Even better yet, he'd said YES! Well thank goodness she clarified! She yipped in happiness, rubbing her face all over him. His scent clung to her, and the feeling she got from it was ecstasy. The copper female rubbed herself over his shoulder and side, giggling and reveling in their claiming of each other. His last question brought her to a halt as she came aroud his other flank, and a wide grin split her face.
             "Yes, Aduin, I really really want to be with you. You make me so... So.... Warm! So happy."
She was so happy and wiggly she couldn't think of anything better to say than "warm" and "happy", but she knew the message was the same. Yes, she wanted to be with him.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
He yipped in reply, doing the same as she did. He was so excited about this. So very excited. His tail swished around madly. Glad that she didn't want to rush things too fast or go too far. For another time. After consulting with Seb and Bran's mother about it first, of course. And then Brandy herself. 

"And you make me confident and warm. You complete me, Bran..." He felt a sudden question pop up. "Y-Your mother..does she accept me?" They hadn't talked about that yet. And he wasn't sure.
Delta
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Brandy hadn't thought of asking permission, but the young female often told her mother about Aduin. She'd never seemed like she didn't want her daughter with him. Hell, Brandy assumed that her tawny mother was excited for her.
             "I mean, I talk about you a lot. She's usually pretty happy about it. I think she likes you."
She rubbed against him again, tail wagging. 
                         "And besides, you're my mate. If she didn't, she would have to get over it. I choose who my heart goes to and I trust you to take care of it. You complete me too and I'm sure she sees that."
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Aduin gave an excited chuckle. He could guess that Sebastian was fine with them. He hadn't said anything against him and her together when he asked the alpha for advice. But he knew that he would need more, for later. "So...what now?" he asked. He was just too focused on their future.

I just noticed when their birthdays are, and how close they are. just 19 days apart.
Delta
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
The copper female continued to mingle their scents, but paused at his question. What now? Well.... What now? They'd obviously just covered that mating and puppies were way too early, and Brandy was glad they agreed on that. Perhaps the next best thing would be to tell others, right?
           "We should tell everyone, I think. I don't care what comes next, so long as I'm with you."

Wow really thats amazing xD
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Yeah. It really is something. So I'll archive tomorrow, unless you want to do another post

Aduin wagged his tail joyfully. He liked the sound of that. They would face anything head-on, as long as they were together. Together. He never thought he'd think of being like that with anyone in this type of way. Now that he thought back on it, he was surprised at how they got here.

"Yes. Together." He rubbed against her more, spreading his scent on her and getting her scent on him.