Firefly Ravine Getting Off On The Right Paws
54 Posts
Ooc — Nico
@Sen 
Thought it would be fun for Rain's innocent and clueless personality to clash with Sen, You down? 

Skipping ahead with a duck egg coloured lilac in jaws, Rain scuttled out in search of her second alpha. Mom had told her to be careful with her wording with Sen, as she had a very... complicated personality. But pushing those thoughts aside, Rain was determined to break the ice. Catching her scent, Rain spotted the coal black female by the forest. 
'OK Rain, be cool, act casual.' Rain spoke to herself quietly, (A common habit of hers.) 
Striding into the scene, Lilac in mouth like a flamenco dancer, Rain slowly padded next to Sen, lightly yipping to show she was there. 
'Hello, Sen. I brought you a gift. I thought it would look lovely in your fur.'
Distracted by her alphas luscious coat, she examined  her closely. 
'You're very pretty, I wish I had shiny fur like yours. ' Rain said completely honestly, not a hint of gushing in her tone.
Empress of Manipulation
348 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Already she'd started on her second week of pregnancy, but was loath to admit that was the case. Each sign was purposely looked over, ignored or given an excuse for. Nausea had turned into a regular thing, which she'd automatically assumed was the result of an illness. Nothing serious, she was sure of that, but an annoyance all the same. She was bothered by it, but refused to read any further into it. There was no need to get worked up over something so simple, especially when there was a chance it was merely the doings of her own mind. She recognized the mind as being a powerful thing, and wouldn't put it past her own to sicken her for the sole purpose of causing paranoia. Sen was determined to not let some silly placebo win, and so she'd continued through her days just as she'd always done before.

Sen had been working over a rabbit's fresh corpse when she'd been joined by another, attempting to eat it but failing. It was not that she couldn't but, rather, she didn't want to. She'd managed to force down a few bites prior to the younger's arrival, but had regretted it soon after when it'd started to feel as if her stomach was churning. Rain—that poor, oblivious girl—had arrived at a terrible time, and the serpent had no problems with letting her know that. Even though a compliment had been given and a gift brought, she was unable to look past her own issues, and instead pushed her frustrations onto the innocent creature that'd just so happened to cross her path.

"Maybe if you weren't a mutt you'd have a coat like mine," the Gorgon had voiced, offering the rabbit one last glance before moving it aside. Her attention was then given entirely to the wolfdog, a glare in her eyes. Normally, Sen enjoyed compliments no matter who they came from. It mattered not the other's background or species, for when it came to flattery, the woman was a sucker. Presently, however, it was clear that would not be the case.
Notice: Sen's actions and words do not, in any way, reflect my OOC opinion.
54 Posts
Ooc — Nico
OCC: In case you didn't know, Rain is a teenager who  has brain damage from birth, Admins said she couldn't be a pup.

Clueless to the insult against her, Rain just smiled at the woman.
'Yeah, you're right. But I kinda like my colourful fur.'
Looking up towards Sen, she realised she wasn't looking so well, with a half eaten rabbit at her paws. 
Rain knew some medical properties, with her mother being familiar with them. She could see that Sen was indeed nauseous. 
'I don't think you're feeling too well Sen, but it's OK, I know something that helps'
Skipping off into the bushes, Rain began to track down the certain herb she needed. After a few minutes, she found a patch of lemon balm beneath a bush. Ripping out a large tuft of herb, she scampered back towards Sen. Nodding towards her, she settled down next to stream before them, starting rip apart the herbs to shreds with her claws. Now needing a utensil to store the herbs, Rain found a large rock with a low dip through the middle, giving it a bowl-like shape. Dropping the herbs within, she filled the rock with a splash of water from the stream. Rain then pushed and crushed the herbs into the water, straining it into a murky tea. Rain looked at her creation, satisfied and took the bowl over to Sen. 
'Drink this, it helps nausea. Did you eat some bad meat? My Mom made this when she had morning sickness with me, but it'll work for you too.' 
Grinning hopefully at Sen, she waited in anticipation for her to try it.
Empress of Manipulation
348 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
I am aware. Perhaps that is something you could include in your signature? ^^ It would save you the trouble of having to mention that when threading with players outside of SS~

The insult seemed to roll right off of the other, causing Sen to wonder—very briefly—what was wrong with the creature. Of course, she didn't bother with questioning it aloud, not caring enough to get to the bottom of things. If something was wrong, and it was problematic enough, she'd simply tell Depp and have him deal with it. Perhaps, if she chose her words carefully enough, she'd be capable of manipulating him into getting exactly what she wanted... hm. It was quite the thought, and something she would be sure to test in the weeks to come. For the time being, however, she turned her head away from the other, doing her best to ignore whatever Rain had to say. Once she'd finally skipped off, the woman felt relieved, believing for a moment that she'd be left alone once more.

But, of course, she wasn't allowed to get off so easily.

Much to her displeasure, the hybrid had returned, only to then start tampering with plants and whatnot. Sen tried to ignore her, again, but it became increasingly difficult as time went on. Finally, as the dented rock was pushed her way, she found that paying the other no mind would not work. Instantly, the Gorgon's head snapped up in the wolfdog's direction, eyes narrowed and jaw set. She turned her nose up upon seeing the murky substance before her, refusing to drink it even after having heard that it might help. "That isn't going anywhere near my mouth," the woman had stated, her words firm. Perhaps it was only because the younger wasn't a full-blooded wolf, but Sen had no intentions of giving in and lapping at whatever she'd concocted.
54 Posts
Ooc — Nico
Rain looked up toward Sen and sighed, although her brain damage, she could still comprehend and be serious If she really concentrated. 
'Sen, I know you don't like me very much, I like you though. I know I may seem dumb and disgraceful due my slight brain damage, but I would never give anyone medicine without being fully aware that it was safe. You probably don't care about that though.'
Rain turned away from Sen, looking down into the stream, watching the water's reflection distort her face. She smiled sadly. 
'You know what my Mom told me? She told me that you are one of the best alphas she's ever seen. A great alpha is firm, strong, smart and resilient, like you. Mom said that she aspires to be accepted by you, she looks up to you, although you don't exactly like us very much, she was too scared to tell you herself. 
I hope one day we can be friends, I only want to help.'

Rain turned around and stared at the bowl of tea,  she took a test lap and pushed it further towards her. 
'There, It's safe and it's only lemon balm, it doesn't taste bad either. Look, I know your not well, I want make you to feel better, although you probably don't trust me. I like you a lot Sen, you're really cool. Can we at least be fellow canines without the tension?.'
Rain sighed and looked up at Sen, smiling softly.
Empress of Manipulation
348 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Again, the oddity spoke, bringing the woman to wish that she could remove her ears. That is, until she'd heard a key phrase: brain damage. Depp had never told her of the young hybrid's mental condition, and she'd never paid close enough attention to see it for herself. While it explained some things, Sen bothered not with such details. Instead, her mind had immediately jumped to ways she could, perhaps, get rid of the other. Surely the girl would eventually slip up, maybe stir up trouble with another pack—the mere thought of war had her brimming with annoyance, but such trouble being started would surely result in Rain being booted from the sanctuary. The thought was an attractive one, becoming something she would consider setting into motion, currently unaware that doing so would only lead to her own demise. As of present, that'd yet to register within her mind, but would definitely come forth later on.

Sen had missed the part concerning the safety of the vegetation cocktail, nor would she have cared even if she had. It was not that she believed there to be poison lurking in the makeshift bowl, it was solely due to who had made the brew. Alas, the topic had already soared right on by, and she'd missed out on her opportunity to respond thanks to her own train of thought. Oh well, one could not miss what they never knew themselves to have had. What she hadn't gone deaf to, though, was how the mother-daughter duo strived for acceptance. True acceptance from Sen, personally, for being granted access into the pack had not been enough. At that, the serpent snorted, begrudgingly amused. "Your mother has my acceptance," she stated. "You're the one who doesn't. I'm not a fan of bloodlines being soiled by poor choices." Of course, she meant Rain's birth, for she'd been grown from the seed of a domesticated canine. Truthfully, there was not an exact reasoning to her opinion, it was simply how things were; it was the mindset she'd been raised with, and one she could not drop even if she'd wished to do so.

The Gorgon's amber eyes watched carefully as the other drank from the bowl, and scrunched up her nose when it was then pushed closer to her. In a matter of seconds, she'd stood up, a scowl etched into her facial features. "I could be inches away from Death's fingertips, and I still wouldn't touch something that you'd made," came her retort. "If you don't want tension, don't seek me out. Ask Depp questions, talk to him about your life here and your thoughts, but not me. Your mother can come to me whenever she wants, but you? I'm waiting for you to make a mistake." Though rude and notably cruel, her words were honest.

Nominating Sen for the biggest asshole of the month award. :|
54 Posts
Ooc — Nico
Blinking back tears, Rain's pride was hurt as well as her feelings. She only wanted to help but only received abuse from the alpha. 
Stopping in her tracks, she gently pushed the bowl to the edge of the stream and violently kicked into the river.  Rain hardly ever got rattled, if ever, but this situation was so unfair she couldn't help but feel emotional. 
Keeping her distance, she quietly choked out a sob, sniffling as a few tears slid down her auburn fur. 
'When I came to this pack, I was told that this was a sanctuary for all wolves, canines who had a troubled past or were shunned by others. That's your philosophy, that's what this pack was supposed to be! '

Tears were now spurting out her odd eyes, the odd whine escaping her, but it was from the unfairness of it all. All she wanted was to be accepted, to be seen as equal to others. Was this so much to ask? 
Rain then did something she'd never done before, she stood up for herself.
'I can't help being alive, I just happened. I didn't to be made!'
'IT'S NOT FAIR!'
She then turned to walk away proudly, but her body didn't allow that. She misjudged her walk cycle and ended up walking towards the stream instead, slipping on one of the mossy rocks and thumping into the cold water. All her joints were throbbing, and she could feel her carpal pad bleeding from the slip. It was mortifying, she wanted to go out in pride but a fool of herself like always, she was a failure, an accident. 

A strong howl escaped her lips at she sobbed in the freezing water, she was in pain, both physical and emotional, she tried to claw her way back up onto the embankment, she couldn't grasp properly and thumped her head on the rock below her. Any other wolf would easily hop out of the low stream but Rain was not like others, already having problems with co-ordination ,her emotions and the spinning in her head didn't help either. 

Not even attempting to try again, she leant against the rock, cold water rushing around her, chilling her bones. She stared at Sen, eyes pleading. All she wanted was to go back to  her den and cosy up with some fish, but her weak body wouldn't let her pounce out. when she was younger, her mother would always help her out and stabilise her. Although it was in vain, she sobbed more and choked out a sentence,. 
'Please. Can, yo- you, help me... up? '

OCC: 
Congratulations you made the derp cry.  How'd you feel? 

Awful? GOOD. XD 
Savvy?
144 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
Depp wandered the land he liked to call his own, though aware he shared it with Sen. His mind lingered on the possibility of being a father once again, but nothing too deep. It wasn't that he didn't want to look the situation in and out every way possible, but more of he was interrupted by the howl of another in the ravine. His ears perked as his head moved in the direction of the call, it wasn't directly towards him...or anyone for the matter. It seemed to be a cry of pain, of course. Someone had to mess up, huh? He shook his head before making his way in the direction of the loud howl. It wasn't that he couldn't care less for the possibly injured canine, more of the fact he had to deal with it. Just the perks of being an Alpha. It wasn't long until the scent of both Sen and Rain came his way. Only slightly aware of his co-alpha's distaste for hybrids, he knew this would be a difficult situation. Even if Rain weren't a wolfdog, their personalities were a cocktail of disaster. The dark pirate had already warned two members to come to him if they ever wished to speak to an Alpha, knowing Sen was rather a grade-A ass.

Quickening his pace slightly when coming to the realization that Sen could have caused this cry of pain, he arrived shortly after Rain's last comment, but not early enough to spot what had been said. The thought that the call could have come from Sen was out of the pictures, but when seeing the yearling he knew it had escaped from her. He made quick eye contact with Sen, obviously confused by what was happening. He then rolled his eyes, decided for an explanation after helping the in need teen. Depp moved towards the hybrid, entering the rushing waters and pulling her out by the scruff of her neck, all in a rather leisurely fashion. The moment wasn't one to rush, and this he was aware of, so he wouldn't waste energy just to make it faster. The more friendly Alpha shook his pelt, attempting to get even the least amount drier before looking back up at the ebony serpent. "Explanation?" Hopefully his Alpha wasn't drowning the poor girl, but the idea wasn't exactly impossible.
Empress of Manipulation
348 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The girl starting ranting, further annoying Sen and earning from her a low growl. She was in no mood to deal with such childish behavior, and certainly not when it was coming from the creature of her hatred. Dogs and most hybrids had no place within the wild, they didn't possess the proper skills to survive on their own. They were trouble, bothersome pests, and she loathed the fact that not one, but two had been permitted into her home. Depp meant well, he really did, but never would she be able to live by his desired philosophy. It simply wasn't her, and never would she change her ways just to make a creature she despised happy. So when the hybrid slipped into the water, she did not offer to help, but had laughed instead. "You're a fool," she'd sneered. "Maybe if I leave you there, you'll save me the trouble and drown yourself." It was a pleasant thought, but she knew it to be unlikely. The current there wasn't strong enough to drag her under, much to Sen's disappointment.

Rain's request for assistance was ignored and not even the slightest of movements had been made, for never would the serpent touch such a vile creature. Rather, she'd moved back even further from the river, readying herself to leave. It was then that Depp had appeared, rescuing the mewling child and then asking for an explanation. At that, Sen had scoffed, ignoring him as well and turning away from them both. Directly after, she'd taken her leave, leaving the pair behind without even the quietest of farewells.