Dragoncrest Cliffs so this is goodbye
2 Posts
Ooc — cj
Joining 
Joining Saltwinter, just posting here. AW to SW wolves~

A great amount of inactivity had plagued his travels for the better part of the last few months. He had run into some sparse, smaller packs but nothing notable. Having been following the coastline for some time, there still had been no trace of his Strength in any part of this region. Was she truly so untracable? The cliff he had been walking along began to turn jagged, and the further he went, the worse it got. Though he was safely on firm ground, Gungnir picked parts of it that he would consider safe areas to descend: where the rocks jutted for small flat areas, trees to brace against, etc. Still, he had no interest in going to meet the ocean right now.

Moving away from the edge, the male did his best to drown out the crashing waves as he delved into his thoughts. There were more active scents here, perhaps this was a bustling region? He was probably too far from anything to truly say, so the wolf lowered to his haunches beside a tree and stared out across the sea. The sun had begun to set some time ago, and already the indigo clutches of night were starting to grab hold of the sky. He had walked two years of his life away trying to find his Strength, but maybe he was destined to remain a weakened man. Was it punishment? Glacial eyes scanned the sunset for answers. Had he wronged the gods somewhow?
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
nightfall would be upon ankyra shortly, and a meal was nowhere to be found. caiaphas had spent all day at vigil, wondering if @Depp would deliver her demands and provide her starving comrades with the replenishment saltwinter had every right to. as the day yawned on she slowly and reluctantly accepted the thought he may not come -- and this made her blood boil in ire.

since she had already been out near the borders, she took it upon herself to revisit the breadth of area where jagged rockstone fell into crippling paths, creating the face of the unnavigatable cliffs. it was then she saw a dark form above her, sitting idly by a gnarled and stunted sea-worn tree. she looked up at the male pointedly, her mule-length ears cupped forward as she studied him silently.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
2 Posts
Ooc — cj
Coming close to the conclusion that he probably should have given up long ago, he let a long and weary sigh ease its way out of his lungs. Having walked all day, his joints were noticably sore, though not anywhere near as bad as what they were on cold mornings. His eyes glanced down by pure happenstance and surprise took him when he actually caught sight of a figure. It was like a ghost which wore a mask, and for a moment he did nothing more but stare quietly at it as the ghost studied him too. Gungnir was fast to his senses though, and dropped his head lightly as if offering a bow. He hadn't been across another wolf in a while, but the mix of scents he had been picking up from around the area suggested more than one pack; and he wasn't one to step on toes if he could help it. Keeping his head slightly lowered, he twisted an ear with uncertainty. Was it a pack wolf? Could it give him information? Weary to approach it just yet, he gently tilted his head to the side as if sending this question from afar.
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
caiaphas kept her gaze on the dark male, noting even from this distance the lashing of pewter that seemed to cloak the cauldron black of his frame. he seemed wary of her; good -- for the little she-wolf possessed a wicked set of teeth.

she tilted her slender muzzle, the black line of her maw not unlike the sharp rise of a sniper -- her tourmaline yellow eyes seemed to meet his own fearlessly and she took a step forward, her pale tail threaded over her gaunt hips in thin wisps. "ave, stranger. why are you here?" the coywolf called out, her tone dry and seemingly without warmth.

but the stranger bid no reply, and caiaphas was unable to intercept him. silently she strode off, finding other things in which to occupy her time.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.