Neverwinter Forest cause you dry my tears
you can't wake up, this is not a dream
205 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Joining 
Her travels had been slowed greatly by the devastation that had come across the Wilds. The swarm of locusts had come, and while Allure had no name for them, she had known to steal away, taking shelter along the base of the mountains under a rocky overhang. Of course, it had not kept them completely away from her, and her skin still practically crawled with the feel of the insects upon her.

The next day, when emerging from her hideaway, the devastation had been a blow to her stomach. The bugs were still everywhere – stripping the foliage down to the skeletons of winter once more, and she felt a knot of worry at what this could mean. What would happen if their was no food for the deer? The elk? The prey?

Her heart skipped with worry that she would lose her family once more—Scimitar always moved the pack when there was danger, and her pale paws had quickened. She had not stopped until she came upon the borders, and with the scent of her family still clinging to the air, the girl tipped her slender muzzle back, calling to her family of her presence – her request to come home.
Are you deranged like me? Are you strange like me?
Lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me?
Do you call yourself a fucking hurricane like me?
252 Posts
Ooc —
Eshe had known about Allure, and had even interacted with her some odd number of times at Everwinter before Allure went off to disperse. Not long after Allure dispersed, by her poor measurement of time anyway, a lot of things had changed. Or perhaps not changed, really... simply came to light. The legitimacy of her and Scimitar's feelings for one another, being the most important (to her). So that changed a lot for his cubs, although they had seen their parents fighting plenty. Still, no doubt it stung to see another beside him. Eshe certainly didn't parade around triumphantly with him on her arm at Everwinter, though now she was certainly open in doling out her affections. Pasha didn't seem to resent it, though if ever she was told otherwise she would turn it down as best she could. The problem with Eshe was that she wore every single bit of emotion not on her sleeve, but her body. It was her every day wardrobe!

The vaguely familiar scent wafted toward her, but Eshe couldn't place it. She was incredibly distracted by the forest being destroyed by whatever insect had come and raised hell. Eshe worried for a hundred thousand reasons: one, she and Scimitar had been busy consummating their marriage a hundred times over. The day her heat had ended was the day the world came to what felt like a literal end. The world was stripped to the damn bone, the locusts the wolves and the earth its prey. It was a strange shift. Eshe knew the change was not a good one, not at all. Not for the pack, and certainly it did not bode well for the lives in her belly. Kaskara was pregnant, heavily so, and resources might be harder to come by... she wasn't sure, but she was nervous.

A reedy howl came over the treetops, and though it called for family (and Eshe was not yet positive who this familiar scent was) Eshe came anyway. She was the alpha female; if the wolf calling had any siblings here (little did she know), they'd still have to go through her. Eshe was content with their number now, and would be hard-pressed to let any other in without knowing what the hell happened to the world. She was a good woman, but she knew that soon there would be many more mouths to feed: the cubs. Her cubs, maybe.

That all changed when she saw the figure at the borders. There was no forgetting that coat, or that beautiful face, and Eshe grinned. If Scimitar had told her of the meeting he had with Allure, she had forgotten with all that went on; she was glad to see the girl was okay, and knew already that if Allure asked, Eshe would not say no to her. Allure had never been unkind to her, though then again, no one had been. No one knew 'til after the fact of the feelings she and Scimitar had kept hidden... even from one another, though the tension between them was enough to tell any keen eye. Eshe had avoided him, for the most part.

Stepping upon the insects and drawing closer to Allure, Eshe let out a sigh of relief. Unbidden came a thought of Bazi—had Everwinter been touched by this pestilence?—that she unabashedly swept away. Allure, she greeted, her tail waving. It's been a while. I was in the area, she grinned, Your father or aunt will be along soon, surely they heard you... She now looked beyond Allure into the world beyond. She hadn't the time to do so before now, checking every bit of Neverwinter for herbal life. Eshe frowned, wondering where this ended.
205 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Eshe broke through the trees – her silver form winding past the trunks and Allure was offered a beaming grin. The bi-toned girl felt a rising sense of uncertainty at the sight of her father’s new mate, though attempted to quash the feelings. She had gotten along with Eshe before – it had been no mystery her father and mother should not have been together. If she was upset with anyone, though, it was her parents for bringing further life in to the world.

Even Peregrine and Fox had seemed tense around one another when she had witnessed them together. Were all mateships absolute crap?

It made her not want to find out.

Allure’s muzzle tipped downward, her eyes softening upon the woman who now stood by her father’s side. “Eshe,” she greeted quietly, her own tone soft and amicable. Her ears would press forward at the mention of her family coming along, and she gave a small nod, though did not hold back with her true intentions. “I want to join Neverwinter Forest. I want to be here for aunt Kaskara when the pups are born.”
he came and stole the wild
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
He had heard his daughter’s howl and was quick to seek her out – the disappointment she had felt with him from their last meeting still hung heavy in his heart, and he could only hope that she sought him out now for further discussion on the matter.. and if he dare think it, forgiveness.

Yet with the recent strip of mother nature from the locusts, he could only hope she was well, and nothing terrible had befallen her.

As he found her, his eyes drifted between both she and Eshe, inwardly cringing at what the girl thought of the woman who had replaced her mother as his mate. His bright eyes studied her from a distance as he pulled closer, relieved to know she seemed fine from the recent events.

Catching the tail end of her request, the wolf tipped his muzzle lower, his eyes softening as they searched her. “You’re always welcome here, Allure,” he noted quietly, desiring nothing more than to sweep forward and embrace his daughter.
a crime so old as the sky and bone
252 Posts
Ooc —
Eshe had been about to respond in the very same manner her mate was going to, but she heard the heavy plod of his approach. She turned and looked upon the glory that was her husband, her tail waving. Though she wished to douse him in a trillion kisses, Allure's presence caused her to resist. Scimitar had overheard, and at his response, Eshe looked back to Allure with nothing short of warmth on her visage. I echo his sentiment. Was actually about to say the same exact thing, 'fore he came along. Because she knew that she could not deny Allure a home here with the famine going on; the girl was close to her mates heart, and Eshe had always liked her herself, anyway. No children of his had [yet] brought on memories of Bazi, and even if they had she'd never resent them. That was their mother, and Eshe could not ignore or deny that there was a time before her. She'd never even think of it.
205 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
She looked between her father and his new lover, uncertain what to make of the situation. They welcomed her with open arms, and she felt tears spring to her eyes at the sentiment alone – she might have been upset with her father, but she still loved him. And it did not change her fondness of Eshe.

“Thank you,” she noted quietly, her tail giving a gentle flick through the air. She allowed a small smile upon the corners of her lips, though it was likely they could catch the hint of sadness there. “Can I go see her now?”
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Exit Allure.
Eshe was quick to give her own agreement, though he had not doubted it in any sense – and Allure seemed relieved. Her request was met with a nod,  and while there might have been a small smile upon her lips, his daughter made no motion to greet him as she once had – with a gentle nudge to the cheek and a loving embrace.

He offered her space, and as she took her exit to seek out Kaskara after finalizing her stay, Scimitar watched her go with an ache in his chest. “She’s so angry with me,” he quietly murmured, his words for Eshe alone as he watched his daughter disappear from view.
252 Posts
Ooc —
Eshe watched the exchange, but not with eyes that were prying and desperate to know what was going on between them. Though she was, of course--she wondered what all the children, who now may as well be adults, thought of her... thought of them. But this was not just her life; it was theirs she had encroached on, in a way, wasn't it? Although everything was brilliant now, she had still hurt innocents in this. Though was it really her? Had Bazi wanted to work things out, and truly worked on it... wouldn't she have? If Scimitar saw a future still with the woman, wouldn't he have stayed? There were relationships in the world that would not always last--differences became much too much to work around or over, and that was okay. Life was imperfect. But life had a way of working things out. Who knew? Perhaps Bazi had found another suitor!

Allure soon departed their company, and she watched her go. When she was out of sight, Scimitar spoke, and she fret. She was not blameless in this anger. A large part of her wanted to apologize, but Eshe was stubborn in that she was not sorry here -- simply sorry that someone had been hurt, not for what had transpired. Eshe loved Scimitar, loved him more than words could express. It will take some time, she imagined aloud, I am sure she wishes to see you with... She did not want to say the name, if only because she did not want to inflict pain of the negative memories to her mate... opening wounds was not her strong suit. But she is your daughter, and she will see you are happy. I think that is the most important thing... I think then she might understand.... she might forgive you then???? Eshe looked to him then, tilting her head. Allure is as beautiful as she is smart! We just need to be... patient... it is still new to her,
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Eshe was soothing in her words – and yet the man continued to stare in the direction his daughter disappeared, a frown marring his usually stoical features. Allure had been content enough when he and Bazi had separated – had understood and supported it, even. She had been surprised when the news of their second litter had arrived to her ears, and had seemed less than enthused about her parents inability to taper their emotions around one another.

He would need to talk to her.. but for now, he gave her space. Eshe reaffirmed this thought, imploring him to remain patient. His gaze finally drew to her, studying the quick silver of her form, and his gaze softened. Pressing his muzzle to her cheek, he only then offered a nod. “You’re right,” he decided, and with that, the large Alpha nudged his mate, trying to coax her for a walk where the two could steal some alone time with one another.