Hushed Willows I pulled in to Nazareth
all you did will be undone
545 Posts
Ooc — Java
All Welcome 
Tagging @Reek for visibility in case Ryan wants to reference the howl in any threads (or if any LSG wolves are wandering close enough to hear it.) To make sense of the timeline, it happens after this thread which is set around the 25th, so this is technically forward-dated to around the 28th or 29th.

The night was warm and the air slick with humidity because of the excessive heat of the spring day - like summer had come early - and though she had only just fallen to sleep, Tavi was roused by all manner of strangeness. At first she thought it was only a dream. An after-image of a nightmare burned in to her psyche because of the thickness of the air. She startled awake but was slow to move, and as she shifted, Tavi felt a wetness that did not make any sense. There was a dampness on her underside, with the fur of her groin wet and tangled; she was immediately cognitive, her mind sharp with concern, and struggled to inspect herself as thoroughly as she could in the dark. The smell rising from her nether region was pungent to say the least — and as she curled inward in order to position herself (quite awkwardly) to reach with her snout at her belly, she felt a sharp pain in her abdomen. It radiated outward from her belly with such ferocity that her body uncurled and she, panicked now beyond anything she had ever felt before, thought of only one thing: the babies. Whatever discharge had come out of her was forgotten, because there was a distinct pain inside of her that rolled and ebbed like a tide, and all Tavi could think was is it time? and i'm not ready --- so she cast back her head and loosed a panicked howl for @Warbone, for help, for anyone, her desperation apparent as she struggled to her feet only to gag and fall back again.
I'm Free to be The Greatest here Tonight
317 Posts
Ooc — Marie
Hope ya don't mind Trick comin' XD

If he had known there was a pregnant woman near, he would've gathered herbs to prepare her body ages ago. But, he didn't know. Hoe could he have known? He was not at all caught up with what was going on because of his recent travels closer to the sea and into the mountains. Heck, he had only just discovered there was a beautiful cove nearby which he had claimed as his herb store.

Trick lay away from the others as far as he could, because The Crook was pretty big anyway. Why all cluster up in one spot? As soon as one started dreaming about running and one's body started to react you risked the chance of getting kicked. That wasn't a really pleasant thought. He also didn't lie with them because he was kind of done with the family thing. This was his third "family" in a row, it was getting old. Trick dreamed he was in a large, soft green field where he was surrounded by flowers. Daisies, lavender, roses, you name it and it was there. But he couldn't smell them. In his dream, he thought he had lost his ability to scent. A true nightmare for a healer. He twisted and turned as he tried to run in his dream, away from the scentless flowers, crying out for help.

His eyes shot open when he heard it. An urgent call for help, but it wasn't him. His green shimmering eyes, that almost looked like they were lighting up in the dark, stared around him. Everything was quiet again. Had it been part of his dream? But it felt so real... No, this wasn't a dream. He jumped up, suddenly wide awake. He ran to the source of the sound, through the woods, the scent of a pregnant woman hitting him before anything.

Did he know her? Was she due? He stared at her, moving in pain. What was she doing here? Did Warbone know about this? So many questions, but not much time to answer them all. He had to help. It was his duty as a healer. Wait, was this the woman he had talked about? The one they had to approach with caution? Was she sane? He krept closer, not knowing what was wrong with her.

Stay calm. His honey voice whispered, the light of the moon barely hitting him at all. Don't move, everything is going to be alright. He followed. Calming the sick or injured was always the first concern, and he knew that pregnant woman could easily stress out.
·Wylie refers to himself as Trick. 
· Shakespearean, normal English and a pirate impression.
~Adopt Avalon!~
[Image: Caregiver_zpsbqqkmcip.gif] ~1~ [Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif] ~2~
545 Posts
Ooc — Java
Pop in whenever Warbone~

When she stood up the pain eased, but did not vanish entirely. She did not stay standing for long and did not notice the ebb of the cramping. Once Tavi was back down she felt the great desire to gag, because the pain hit her belly and caused it to react. When it flipped she sucked in a breath, when it flopped she had to clench her teeth to stop a wave of sickness from rolling up her throat. She struggled as she sat there, clearly in some kind of distress, and was attempting to lay back down when the dark figure emerged — her first thought upon hearing a stranger's voice was to snap at them, which she did without hesitation.

Then, when he was a little closer and she could see the gleam of his eyes, her mind went to Reek — how could it not? — and she was reminded of the vague terror of her dream from ages ago. The sight of many teeth in the dark trying to grab at every piece of her and steal them away - of Reek taking, taking, taking, being made of many faces. Tavi let out a frightened bellow as she twisted her body, and yet... The sensation in her abdomen slowed down, then came to an abrupt stop just as she fell on to her right side.

She was panting and furious, but mostly because of how terrifying the experience was. With a small gasp and a flick of her tongue across her lips, she tried to explain herself — or apologize. I.. I don't understand, was all she managed at first, flustered by the entire ordeal, although it had been brief. It hurt, and.. and I was awake, the babies — she didn't know what to do and that scared her even more; in her haste to explain Tavi attempted to lurch to her paws, but as soon as she deviated from the laying position the pain welled in her abdomen again fiercely. She buckled with an instantaneous roar, — ow, ow, it hurts — mmnn.. make it stop, as she gasped this from her mouth, Tavi fell back upon her haunches and ducked down, as if hiding in the shadows cast by the willow trees would help in some manner.
317 Posts
Ooc — Marie
Her snapping didn't do much to scare him away. It was typical for a pregnant woman, therefore he wasn't angry at her for doing it. Trick would have probably done the same if he were in her position. She was sick, that was for sure. And what was that smell? No time for questions, he had to act fast, with or without the rest of the pack. Where was Kunkun when you needed her? 

He just stood there, dumbfounded, as the woman in front of him was panting, struggling to make some kind of pain stop. But he couldn't help for as long as she didn't tell him what was hurting so bad. He dearly hoped the puppies she was carrying weren't popping out, for she didn't look like she had taken any herbs. This was stressing him out. What angered him was that she didn't follow his orders. She just kept moving. Uuugh, females. He watched her tremble, and with a light shake of his head in disapproval, he stepped closer. He didn't know if she would like it, but she needed to calm the fuck down so that he could help.

I can't if you don't stop moving. He almost growled, but with a pinch of concern in his voice. Where does it hurt? May I come closer? He asked. He needed answers, needed them quite badly if he were to help her. 
~Adopt Avalon!~
what's done is never done
385 Posts
Ooc —
HEART ATTACK COMMENCE xP
Also, Marie, although Trick may not have met her, he would know of Tavi's existence in the pack as per the announcements ^^ WB informed everyone that she was there, but also mentioned to keep their distance.

Warbone's tardiness had everything to do with his position within the territory when the call reached him, and nothing at all to do with how fast he moved to reach her— because for a wolf his size, he moved as if the wind carried him, and the dexterity he presented to the obstacles in his path would beset an Olympian. His energy was nearly spent by the time he arrived, but spotting Trick near the bowed form of Octavia sent a spike of adrenaline coursing his veins, and the titan had to use all his strength to come to a complete stop on the scene, and his angry body flashed teeth and ire in the black wolf's direction, forcing him to either jump back or get bitten.

Some part of his brain was aware that Trick was only here for assistance, but his instinct was to drive the male from their immediate space. He might lament on his actions later, but his rage-covered uncertainty could not be questioned in this moment. Fear made Warbone violent, and he was most certainly afraid for the well-being of his charge. Bristling, though trying to calm in the face of the pregnant mother, he remained near enough to touch, but was cautious to do so himself. Wolves in pain were not often great cuddlers.

"Octavia, I am here. Shhh... Breathe. Are they coming? What can I do?" He murmured near her, reassuring but urgent. The severity of the situation was not lost on him, though he was conscious that she needed someone less hysteric than herself to ground the mood the situation. His grey face snapped towards Trick, if he still remained. Should he have something for the pain? "You claim at every chance given that you are a healer," he barked, taking out his frustration on the only available body he felt that he could; "do something!" Anything.
if sins were etched into the surface of bones,
i’d need another skeleton to record all my wrongs
545 Posts
Ooc — Java
I can't if you don't stop moving, a voice called out to her, and though Tavi had been squeezing her eyes shut due to the rolling pains in her body, she squinted them open enough to see his teeth catch the dull light of almost-morning. She didn't want to stop moving. If her biological clock was up, if these creatures inside of her were to be born and if they wanted it to happen now, then it would happen; but Tavi couldn't do it here, in the open. This thought struck her with such force that she blatantly ignored anything else the dark figure said to comfort and aid her. The woman struggled back up to her feet with a grimace and the wave of pain ended again, her muscles easing along her abdomen.

She managed a few steps towards the oil-patch with eyes, and then heard the thunderous steps of someone else arriving — Arkham, she assumed, and was quickly met by his rumbling voice. He was suddenly in front of her and then rounding to one side, and so she could not walk, and fell back again. As soon as she was down — or it felt like as soon as she was off her feet — the pains began again. Her abdominal muscles rolled and pinched, pulled and ached, and she grit her teeth, grimacing while Arkham shot hasty words at the presumed healer.

No - Tavi managed to breathe out the word, and reached for the man, planting the crown of her head against him as if he were a cold compress. Its.. Its not as bad as before, as she explained this she breathed a long, low exhalation from her lips. By the time her lungs were empty the pain had eased somewhat, and after the thirty seconds were up she was back to normal - if a bit shaken. I don't think they're coming, Tavi murmured, still partly burrowed in to Arkham's dense fur, but I don't know what that was.
317 Posts
Ooc — Marie
I know, that's why he was thinking this was the female WB was talking about. Don't worry, I pay attention ;)

She didn't respond at all. Why were females always so stubborn? Even though he was a little thick-headed himself, he would never turn down help when he was really in trouble. Trick watched her, tip toeing back slowly. He was a healer, but if she couldn't work with him, then so be it. She got up, this time not falling down quickly. Great job. he sighed sarcastically. This was somewhat amusing, even if she was in pain. Perhaps he was a sadist?

thunder-like sounds came closer, making Trick look up to see who was coming. He was happy it wasn't Kunkun in a way. He could handle this. He grinned at the brute, but his expression changed when he got closer. Too close for comfort to be exact. The trickster's agile body moved back just before the teeth of the copper man snapped. What the hell? Couldn't he see he was trying to help her? With a hurt expression he watched the male approach the pained woman. Yeck, lovey dovey moments were disgusting.

Trick just stood there, his pride hurt and his eyes showing that. I was. He spit out. Just before you barged in, my king. He mocked, clearly not happy about this whole situation. Somewhere, he understood what Warbone had tried to do. He was just defending this to-be mother, nothing wrong with that. But to chase the one helping away wasn't the man's best move, he had to understand that as well. His angered expression changed once again to a shocked and surprised one when the female spoke. Was she okay now?

Sir, if I may, could I aid her so that this doesn't happen again? He asked concerned, his gaze shifting from Tavi to Warbone and back. He wasn't convinced that this wouldn't happen again. She needed something to prepare her body for birth.
~Adopt Avalon!~
545 Posts
Ooc — Java
Tacking on an ending. I can delete this if y'all want to continue, but its pretty old now! Slight PP, tell me if its not good and I'll edit.

Gradually Tavi warmed up to the idea of receiving help; she did not mind the company of Arkham either, but was far more comfortable with the Alpha than with the dark-pelted healer. The event had shaken her to the very core, and would leave her feeling quite alienated from her own burdensome body. Hopeful that her unborn children were safe within her and healthy, she was placated by the attention of the budding healer, Trick, until finding herself ready for sleep again. The early morning light had begun to filter in to view by the time she felt prepared for sleep, and was ushered in to the Crook alongside the two men, so that Arkham could keep an eye upon her.