Ankyra Sound It’s Been A Long Day [m]
1 Posts
Ooc — Emma
All Welcome 

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Death

A few days prior Sean had reached the Teekon Wilds, malnourished from his horrible hunting skills, making him only skin and bone.  It was then when he caught the scents of wolves - lovely wolves.  They could hunt for him, he thought greedily and extremely naively.  Just like his own pack, where he had been a king and had been worshipped.  All of that was gone now though, his purpose their no longer mattered, as his position had been usurped by a wolf of the name Tiydonntae.  Now he was alone and hungry.

He crossed the border, it was rather quite the brainless thing to do - and his life would have been the cost, little did he know.  Suddenly a stabbing pain of hunger slice through him and Sean let out a terrified yelp of fright.  What was happening to him?  His body began to tremble on instinct and he lost his focus.  Sean slumped limply to the ground, pain blurring his vision.  Slowly his senses began to decline and then the pain was gone, he was gone, all but the body that he had left behind.

Sean felt a lifting feeling, that seemed to pull him up and away.  Up to the lands that his pack had spoken highly of, where all of the strong wolves who had been apart of that pack back where Sean had come from rose up to, even the exiled.  It was supposedly a peaceful place full of endless warmth and prey.
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
@Sean thank you! SW wolves, this is AW for anyone who wants food or uh, to witness the grisly sight

during an excursion along the borders she had come across the signs of trespass, bold and unhidden. with a howl she dove towards the thicket where the path meandered, baying down the trail like some hellish and unbent hound. slavering with wrath and hunger she tracked him down to the strand and was expecting to sink her teeth into this brazen wolf's neck when the sunken sight cowed her -- the wolf had collapsed and was distinctly dead.

caiaphas considered her options -- and her stomach told her to hell with her options. with a snarl she stuck her snout into the wolf's mouth and inhaled, trying to gauge if he had died by some sickness or poison otherwise. he was gaunt and skinny and she surmised his cause of death had been starvation; with no reserve, caiaphas began to dig in.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
The Nightstalker
198 Posts
Ooc —
Kelina was walking by, when she saw a wolf collapse. What happened? She trotted over then froze as Caiaphas dug in. Kelina was stunned - and slightly horrified. What was the alpha doing? Kelina stood still on the spot, in plain view, but she would have moved if it wasn't for this.. carnage? She wasn't sure how to describe it...
[Image: tAPcmpF.png]
"I do not suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it"
~The sky's the limit~
101 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
I don't know if this thread is going to continue or be a one post thing? Feel free to tell me and I'll edit @Caiaphas

He padded along the border, hoping to find some food to fill his empty stomach. Slowly, the scent of blood drifted towards him and he perked up, wondering if a kill or an accidental death was made, and if he could take a little. Following the tangy scent in the air, he moved towards the source. Unknown to him, it was the blood of a dead wolf, and his queen was feasting on it.

When he arrived on the scene to see the sight, Caiaphas bent over the body of a freshly dead wolf, digging into the side of the wolf. He weighted his choices when he noticed another wolf in the clearing, looking dimly horrified. Was the famine really about to drive him to do what the siren queen was doing? His stomach rumbled, reminding him of how he hadn't ate for a day now.

Making his way closer, he chuffed out a small sound to alert Caiaphas of his presence, before reaching out a paw, flicking it at the hind leg of the corspe. "May I?" He asked hesitantly, unsure if the coywolf would allow him to eat from the body, as it seemed like it was her catch, or at least her find.
The flowers are in bloom as the birds will tell, it's a beautiful day to be burning in hell.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
caiaphas did indeed dig in; so far that her muzzle was splattered with blood and her white chest rendered a sickly pink. she looked up in time to see kelina's reaction; one of horror and surprise. a snarl creased her muzzle but it never made bid for the world; instead it was stifled by a noisy gobble of flesh.

when she had eaten her fill she rose and licked her lips, savoring the ample and bloody rime that flecked her gums. slancio, who she had just noticed arrive, was given the go-ahead by a dip of her muzzle -- it was food for all of those in saltwinter strong enough to stomach it.

as for kelina -- the salt queen stalked over to her, her dark muzzle canted. "what? it's good meat."
Theta
13 Posts
Ooc —
Hey, joining in since Minthe technically joined around May 4th (I think) and I'd like to fill the gap. I'll delete this if it's not OK!

Her first day in the sound had been spent exploring its every inch; the curvature of its shore, and the craggy sea caves that peppered its tall edges. Minthe had been too long from the sea's embrace, and she exulted in the scent of salt and the feel of sand beneath her paw-pads. She was travel weary, and hungry, but the Sea was all the nourishment the Nereides needed. She kept to herself and prayed, only emerging when she felt rejuvenated and replenished by her faith.

She had been warned by Caiaphas that the wolves here did not keep to the Sound's Nereides heritage, but the sight before her now still came as a shock. Minthe had smelled blood on the air and sought its source, for she would welcome a meal... but she had not expected to find the Queen feasting upon one of their own kin, even if it were spawn. The yearling halted, watching as another joined the reedy woman, the fur along her back raising in reaction to the grisly scene.
ásabragr
641 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Guardian
popping kja in here late b/c food~ :0

It had been Kjalarr's routine patrol of the borders that had brought the viking to the scene. From what he could tell a wolf had crossed into their borders and had died, though the how went largely unknown to him. At his point of arrival Caiaphas had already started to eat. Two females: Kelina and one that he didn't know but he only paid them little mind as his sharp silver and caribbean gaze fell upon the monochrome carcass so willing to nourish the Saltwinter wolves. Slancio had been about to join her, Kjalarr saw but not before he asked her politely if he could take from the kill — respectful but too well mannered for Kjalarr's taste (then again, the Viking had never really had manners). Kjalarr stalked closer once Caiaphas had appeared to have eaten her fill and was otherwise busy addressing Kelina in regards to the state of the meat from the sounds of it; but Kjalarr was absently paying attention to their exchange. "Eat if you want," The Beta encouraged him, despite that heirarchy demanded he eat next. Kjalarr sniffed at the carcass once — despite that Caiaphas had already eaten from it to make his own assessment — before the Beta's teeth sunk into the carcass' flesh with an unbidden hunger, wanting only to sate it in any way that he could. It was the first meat he'd had besides those that the famine left and the savage viking wasn't about to be picky or hold onto what little albeit loose morals he'd managed to retain.

please send all PM's to kivaluk

1/3 threads
you still wonder if you're
a ferocious beast or a saint
but you're neither because
you're infinitely more —

Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
hope it is ok to post out of turn, i'll keep this up for another week and if anyone doesn't reply i'll archive!

caiaphas had been content to lick her paws, settling a distance away as she watched slancio consume his fill. her attention shifted to the gangly siren she knew as minthe; it did not take long for her to note the rise of her hackles in what caiaphas could only assume was inward discomfort. kjalarr was next to arrive, and while he gave the wolf his blessing to eat alongside him (a most high honor, she thought) he seemed to have brief reservations before digging in. the salt queen offered a thin smile, her attention turned back to minthe. "survival, my friend. eat or be eaten."
~The sky's the limit~
101 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
He could hear the arrival of Kjalarr, and the words he spoke gave Slancio some relief. He dug into the food, desperatly forcing as much of the grisly meat down his throat. He could feel the bile rising in his throat, threatening to choke him. Yet he continued on, shoving the unfamiliar meat down his throat. Close by, he heard Caiaphas mention it being food. Food it is, no matter how strange this is. Inwardly he wonder if the famine had really driven him to this, but the feeling of solid food filling his stomach soon quenched his worries and doubt. It had been a while since he had eaten more then a couple of bites, and he was determinded to make the most out of it.
The flowers are in bloom as the birds will tell, it's a beautiful day to be burning in hell.