Moonspear Mother
in the night
62 Posts
Ooc —
Read Only 
Ness returned from the surrounding lands, having discovered for herself that there was no green to be found anywhere— nothing but barren shrubbery and insect husks for miles and miles and miles. She could not outrun the destruction, so she simply came back to Moonspear. Tiredness pooled through her wiry body, filling her veins and setting her thoughts solely on her den as she padded loosely along the familiar trails etched across the peak's face. Her tongue lolled, and she thought she might like company with her exhaustion, someone to collapse on. Floki can to mind first, but suddenly she was encompassing Amekaze, and Charon, and Wildfire into the pile— the perfect pile. Her tail wagged, and she yawned, too late becoming aware of a thundering noise that was not the coming of a spring storm.

Or maybe it was.

Over two hundred pounds of starving Mother bear barrelled up a crest through the trees, coming suddenly into Ness' view and sending her skittering backwards in violent shock. Mother did not wait for the wolf to recover.

(She had woken up and enjoyed half a week of pure feasting before the locusts had cut through, and now she was just becoming desperate, having birthed three cubs in February. And without anything to forage on, she was left to fish and killing anything that moved. Mother had had many children. Raised all of them into adulthood. She would not lose her latest brood.)

Ness turned in an attempt to flee the rabid ursine, but as blinding pain shot up from the area around her left hip, she knew she hadn't escaped. Her hindquarters sagged, her spine no longer supporting the operation of her back legs, and the bloodied white wolf snarled at her assailant, using what strength she had left to twist and gouge her teeth into the bear's face, taking out an eye before she was crushed to death and eaten beyond most recognition.

Anyone feel free to have threads set as immediately or as distantly after this as you desire; y'all also may use/do to "Mother the One-eyed bear" whatever. I only made this RO so I could close it out whenever. Seriously hated to do this, but I simply have zero personal inspiration to do what I wanted to do, and she wouldn't just leave... ): <3 iloveyouguys