The Tangle BWP3: PREY OPPORTUNITY
25 Posts
Ooc — Admins
Random Event 
[Image: bwp3_the-famine.png]
Packs may only participate in one prey opportunity at a time.
Characters may only post once per day.

The Tangle: The Tangle is a wholly unpleasant territory, stretching several miles west of Nova Peak and several times that distance north and south. It is a natural minefield of rock, spiny shrubbery, and sharp drops, blanketed by hardy grasses and watched over by warped, witch-like trees. It is a danger to cross from any direction, promising a fall to anyone that does not watch their step.

A thin, but otherwise healthy mule deer has been separated from his herd. His panicked bleats echo across The Tangle, heard by anybody within a few miles of his anxious call.
This account is used for official site communication but cannot receive private message responses. If you have a question or concern about a message you have received, please start a thread in the Contact The Staff forum.
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
she had been prowling in the outer reaches of saltwinter's cupping heights when the call came, distant and carried carefully by the wind. she stopped and listened, tattered ears pulled forward in wild interest. a deer, distinctly a deer.

with a howl her own she alerted her packmates and threw herself to the chase, covering ground as best as her wearied state could. she didn't wait for the rally packmates; hungrily she scrambled through the crooked teeth of the tangle until she came upon the sight of a panicked and vulnerable deer.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
what's done is never done
385 Posts
Ooc —
The bleats of the lonely buck rang out in the Tangle like a dinner bell to the thinning goliath. His grey face angled sharply in the direction of the source, and his lusterless eyes widened as adrenaline pulsed down his arching spine. He set his large feet in a determined plod, and traveled miles deep into the treacherous rockfield, lightening his approach only when the lanky deer had become visible. Warbone slunk downwind, slow and quiet, his fierce eyes glittering madly. There was no thought here, and no reason beyond pure instinct. He preyed upon the hoofed quarry with the practice his years alone had given him, and those skills were not to be ill-spent here.

Suddenly a howl and a greyed streak cursed the playing field. Warbone looked alarmed, halting for a quick moment before he loosed his own howl for the distant Marauders. He did not hope for their presence, but thought it necessary by this point, and he charged down the incline, looking to intercept the deer as it veered away from the seawolf.

*ignores the existence of my own timelines*
if sins were etched into the surface of bones,
i’d need another skeleton to record all my wrongs
I'm Free to be The Greatest here Tonight
317 Posts
Ooc — Marie
Trick had noticed the cries of confusion already and was now looking for a nice spot to watch this event unfold. He knew that there were pack nearby that of his own, knew that with this whole plague thing things would get awfully nasty when it came to food and also knew Warbone wouldn't back down from a fight. He was wise, yet stoic and a true brute. Trick was almost the total opposite of him, except from the wise trait. 

But when the howl of an unknown wolf rang through the air, followed by one he did recognize, he knew it was war! He stormed down from a rock he was sitting on to join Warbone. He sprinted the way he liked it, fast and agile, like a rabbit running away from a bear's claws.

He barely panted when the familiar sight of the copper brute came into sight and he slowed down, stopping a fair distance away. Tail low, eyes on his body, he bowed. Came as fast as I could, is there trouble, my king? He called out.
·Wylie refers to himself as Trick. 
· Shakespearean, normal English and a pirate impression.
~Adopt Avalon!~
[Image: Caregiver_zpsbqqkmcip.gif] ~1~ [Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif] ~2~
A cheap trick and a cheesy one-liner
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
He didn't want to suggest that he was stalking his packmates so Stark had been careful to not be too clingy. He'd been out scouting in an area he'd never gone to before when he heard a trio of calls - two were familiar to him. Stark gave an answering call before he took off towards them, running as quickly as he could. It would expend some of his energy, yes, but, the hope was that he'd be able to assist them in feeding their pack. His thoughts instantly went to Octavia and Tambourine. 

The scent of the buck was enough to make Stark's mouth water. He tried to make it down into the Tangle where his packmates were, moving carefully in the wholly unfamiliar terrain until he was able to approach Trick and Warbone, his eyes keeping track of the buck and the other, ultimately unfamiliar stranger. 
~The sky's the limit~
101 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
He was idly trying to fish, staring at the unmoving surface of the water to see if any small ripples of movement would alert him of the fishes' existence. When the call had came, he ears prickled up immediatly. His alpha was calling, and by the souds of it, she was chasing something. The hurried and almost panicked state of her voice lead Slancio to a conclusion. Food.

He shot up from his position from the coast, pinpointing her location before streaking towards it as quick as he could. He was new to the pack, barely in for a week. Yet to meet any of his packmates, he hoped none of them thought he was hostile. Adrenaline pringled within him as he made a sharp turn, veering towards the mess of trees towards the east. 

The creamy white fur of Caiaphas alerted him to her place, easily spottable through the rocky terrain. He slowed, panting several steps behind her. He saw the deer, confused and lost, and gave a fanged grin. This was his chance to make an impression, and he was determinded not to screw it up.
The flowers are in bloom as the birds will tell, it's a beautiful day to be burning in hell.
it's called a hustle, sweetheart
105 Posts
Ooc — Archer
Teagan had been scouting the area around Marauder's Keep, looking out for any sources of food. The plague had eaten all the green that had ever existed in Teekon Wilds, and the food in the Keep's caches were slowly decreasing per day. While he might be a bit of a free agent at times, he quite liked Warbone and was determined to show that he was of some use to the pack.

So when he heard the Alpha's call, he quickly pinpointed the location and ran towards its general direction. Carefully, Teagan navigated through the treacherous terrain and soon, he saw his pack mates, as well as the buck. With his eyes kept on both the stranger wolves, the buck and his pack mates, he approached slowly.
i got guns in my head and they won't go
spirits in my head and they won't go
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
so unless she's chased away she's just following u guys
caiaphas, as feral a thing as she was, was not so powerful or foolish enough to believe she could overcome the small band of marauders in her keep. her gaze, defiant and resentful, found the wolf she presumed to be the leader -- a wolf, who as of just now had let loose a thunderous howl that shook the hills of their silence. seamlessly the little spectre fell behind the bounding warbone, her gaze fastened ahead as the deer struggled through the thicket. she would not challenge these 'marauders' -- not now: she was smarter than that -- more resourceful -- and now more than ever was a chance to use her wicked guile to her best interest.

she fell into an efficient trot, unwilling to expend the panicked energy needed to course the deer. she would let the marauders do the work of bringing down the kill, of dragging their paws through the thorns and spending the last vestige of their tender energy in a pursuit of ultimate exhaustion. silently her gaze fell on slancio and there was an soulless calm, as if she had given up the fight. the siren queen schemed, carrying along at a steady pace behind the roving band. for now she would let these marauders do the exhausting work, and once their reserves were spent she would infiltrate them and rip the throbbing throats from their necks -- firstly for inconveniencing her, and secondly for daring to be so close to her coven.
385 Posts
Ooc —
I'm guessing we're just supposed to do whatever with it now, right?

He didn't feel the need to personally invite his wolves on the chase as he sprang after the quarry, but their prompt arrival was not missed— he expected them to stream in behind him. Warbone landed a single bite, a savage attempt at tendon and ligature, but it served to only wound the mule deer, not incapacitate him. He could not wound it again, as the ungulate kicked back in violent defense of its own life, and was momentarily spared a gory death. The stag bounded weakly away, and the hunter followed diligently, slower this time, eager to watch the creature weaken as they went, unwilling to let it rest or think for a moment that Death had left it's side. He followed, unsmiling but euphoric. This was his purest form, his most beloved. The alpha was no longer aware of his own wolves, nor the clever hyenas tailing them, and his mind had reverted to the archaic task of winning his prize through sheer fear and exhaustion.
317 Posts
Ooc — Marie
As soon as Warbone started chasing the poor creature like a madman, Trick made a disappointed face. Hunting with a pack was needed to take down a deer, especially one that was healthy and running for it's life. His face soon became determined though, and Trick made his way carefully down further to help his alpha. Before he did so though, he gave one last glance at his packmates, as if to ask; What are we waiting for?

As soon as his petite frame was in contact with solid ground again, he looked up to see Warbone falling behind. Trick was faster than the copper brute, but he needed his strength and muscle to take this mule deer down. He set off, sending up a small could of dust as he sprinted as fast as he could to his alpha- and their possible meal. The one not of the Marauders hadn't gone over his head though, and he gave them a face that wasn't sure and embarrassed. It was as if he was apologizing for his own alpha's behavior, but it was impossible for Warbone to see this as he was fully focused on that one deer.

Trick quickly caught up, and only panting slightly he said; King, I am not sure how well this plan was thought out! He gave a small chuckle after and sprinted past the copper brute's frame to attempt to bite this deer in it's ass. He may or may not respect this deer more than he did wolves, but it was still food, and he needed it too to survive.

He tried to sprint past the deer to make it turn around, but the only thing he got was a mouthful of dust and almost a hoof in his face. He snorted as he jumped up it's side to attempt to bite it there, but he was too small to reach. He panted, his stamina decreasing even if he had a lot of it. His sprint became a trot and he turned to see if the pack was following or not.
~Adopt Avalon!~
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
Stark's size meant that he could move fast enough but his strength was his bigger asset. He had built up a decent stamina moving along but that didn't mean that he was eager to completely exhaust himself in the efforts of hunting the deer. There were other wolves present, and while he felt they had a decent advantage by the numbers, it didn't mean it was going to be easy. 

Stark joined the chase, watching as Warbone landed a decent bite but nearly took a strike for his efforts. Trick was right. Exhausting themselves wouldn't be worth it in the long run. Instead slowing and chasing their prey, taking their time, would yield them better results and give them a chance to also defend their kill. Trick's hits did not seem to land but thankfully the buck's did not either. Stark gave a low growl, approaching from the other side as the buck focused more on Trick.

He managed to briefly connect, launching himself rather than trying to grab and run. If he could get the buck off it's balance they might have a better chance. Maybe it would twist a leg, break something. He threw himself off as the buck started to kick wildly, kicking off and hoping to land a couple decent gashes. He fell back, watching it warily - eyes drifting briefly to watch the other wolves present. 
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
[Image: gamekeeper.gif] 3/5
~The sky's the limit~
101 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
He growled slightly with a pack of wolves leapt forward at the deer. The coven was closer, this was Saltwinter's catch. He was loyal to this pack for now, and the mule deer benefitted him as well. Yet Caiaphas made no move to claim the catch. Pondering her intentions, he trotted behind her, not making a move of his own unless she intructed him to do so. His gaze swept across the wild, identifying four wolves in total, a large bulky male who leapt at the deer first, a thinner wolf, then another bulky one. There was one more wolf, not moving just yet. Slancio frowned at the firey fur. Teagan. Well this could be interesing.

He was unsure of Caiaphas' plan, but was content to stay behind her. He knew his place in the pack. He followed her moves, trotting briskly behind her to save his energy. Wondering how his would play out, he kept his gaze on the other wolves.
The flowers are in bloom as the birds will tell, it's a beautiful day to be burning in hell.
105 Posts
Ooc — Archer
Warbone leapt forward towards the deer, and his packmates, Trick and Stark followed him. After a moment of consideration, the coywolf sprang after them, long nimble legs carrying him gracefully towards their quarry. He fell in line behind his packmates; the last of all of them. Out of the corner of his eye, the hybrid spotted two wolves and narrowed his gaze, soon determining that one of them was a wolf that he knew: Slancio. To him, it didn't really matter: he'd only met Slan once while Warbone and Trick were well, more than acquaintences and Stark was a packmate, if that counted as something. He wouldn't nescessarily want to fight Slancio, but if it came to it, he probably would, albeit with a bit of regret.

Teagan focused his attention back on the prey and observed while Warbone landed a bite, but nearly got kicked and Trick's hits didn't seem to affect the prey, but neither did the buck. He watched as Stark approached from the other side, launching himself onto the buck. It started to kick wildly, causing Teag to move warily away but when Stark fell back, the trickster leapt forward, jaws clamping around an ankle and he bit down hard, but before he could do any permanent damage such as break it, he let go, for the buck's hoof had almost connected with his pretty face.

A small smile tugged at the edge of the wolf's lips and his green eyes glinted with determination, as well as vague amusement as he followed his packmates.
385 Posts
Ooc —
His wolves were mistaken if they thought he meant to spend himself attempting to take down this creature. It would take down itself in due time, and Trick's chattiness continued to fall on deaf ears. Why wolves felt the need to waste their breath while on a hunt would always be lost on him, anyway. He held back as the mule deer struggled forward, watching as his packmates dove in one at a time, confusing the creature he had already wounded, and adding to the inevitability of its demise. Trick was too fast for it, though his attacks seemed ineffectual, he was a good distraction nonetheless. A nameless male, who he didn't recognize but moved with his men like an extension of himself, made a bolder launch at the deer, and Warbone circled to attack the prone back of the beast as it swayed.

From the corner of his eye, he saw Teagan dart in, wounding its other hind leg and further destroying the buck's ability to escape. Unfortunately, they had created a sort of quandary for themselves, because now the ungulate no longer had an advantage in trying to escape. It buckled in place, struggling to raise its hindquarters, but viciously throwing its young antlers in an attempt to keep them all at bay— its flight instinct evolving into fight.

Warbone barked, beckoning his pack out of the buck's range, and beginning to lead them in a circle, as they taunted the trapped deer and made it exhaust itself by continuously thrusting its head at wolves too quick to strike. One of them distracted it, and as it turned its head, Warbone saw his opening. The jugular beckoned him; he could almost see it pulse in the instant that he dove for it. His teeth latched onto the deer's throat, blood spilling into his mouth and onto his face. The buck thrashed, tossing him away and striking him in the shoulder with a forehoof, but the damage had been done.

He hobbled back, favoring his bruise as he leveled his head as he watched the deer start to die. He lunged in again, from behind its head this time, and finished the job. Well, mostly. The deer became incapacitated, but he did not hesitate to begin swallowing some of the meat as it still died. His violent gaze turned outward, daring any wolf to try and disrespect him by attempting to claim this kill at the same time as him.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
caiaphas had watched, appreciative that slancio had fallen behind her. the deer and the wolves hounding it would soon be spent - the salt queen had taken her care traversing the crooked teeth of the tangle, and as such, was scarce out of breath when warbone fell upon the dying deer.

if warbone wanted a challenge, he got one -- with a snarl the siren queen strode forward and seized square the deer's haunch, rippling its resistant body with a powerful headshake. she positioned herself as such that she was opposite the wolf, with the deer in between them. she would eat, no matter the cost -- and if this male defied her, her teeth would deal punishing retribution. she kept her tail above her and her eyes transfixed on the stranger; all the while blood and guttural snarls poured forth from her slavering muzzle.
317 Posts
Ooc — Marie
As Trick slowly fell back, He watched the new male who he had spent a day on the borders with launch himself at the poor creature. A smirk appeared on the trickster's face, always amused by some true chaos. The deer slowed down somewhat, but it wasn't enough to make it stop. But there came Teabag, the saving angel of both dark nights and apparently hunts in a wasteland. He watched as Teagan injured the prey enough to make it stop, and Trick approached carefully, moving with Warbone more than anyone.

His king commanded them, although not using words for this, to stay out of range, and so Trick did, watching the panic in the creature's eyes. They surrounded the creature, and it had no way to escape anymore. As soon as the creature turned away from his king, the copper brute finally showed what he was capable of. Blood spilled and the creature fell, ripped of it's life and nobility, but also hitting Warbone at the same time. For a moment, Trick was worried, but that worry went as the brute returned to the still struggling beast.He finished his job, like a true warrior. Dinner was ready, was all the raven male could think.

But he knew better than to eat with the alpha. He had to wait till both Warbone's and Teagan's bellies were full, for they were above him in rank. Stark had to wait on him again, although Trick wasn't as aggressive when it came to eating. To be honest, this was his first group dinner in 2 years or something. 

But then, something peculiar happened. The wolf who had watched them, that smelled like pack and female, approached them, carrying confidence and dominance with her. Oh, hell no. She was profiting of their hard work? Trick wondered if he had ever met a more disrespectful wolf. He moved to Warbone's side, making his way to the side of the deer, tail high and teeth exposed. He snapped his jaws at the female, wanting to force her away, but it were these moments his small yet muscled frame was useless. He knew how to fight and was agile and fast, but he lacked brute strength, something his king and this female both had. 

~Adopt Avalon!~
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
Each one of his wolves landed hits, though he felt a flourish of pride as he saw their Alpha take advantage of his move. He knew him only by scent and description, it did not take more though. Stark kept his eyes on the buck, only occasionally darting to spot the wolves that circled like buzzards. Stark fell back when Warbone called them back, giving the buck a chance to exhaust himself a bit. Stark was glad for the chance to regroup, though the four of them were moving in tandem he still had not hunted together. 

Without much hesitation they fell into place, the silent thrum of life coursing through them all and guiding them towards the inevitable. The buck would fall to them. They had done the work, they would claim their prize, and they would eat. Warbone was taking his fill, Stark watching over before the water witch stole forward and acted as if she deserved such an honor. Trick snapped at her, snarling and Stark was quick to approach his side, adding his own growls. He would not attack until bid to do so, his body tense even against the cacophony of sounds the female produced. 
~The sky's the limit~
101 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
He watched the pack of wolves fall upon the deer. Wrinkling his nose slightly, he huffed. Messy hunting wasn't his style. They could have easily just crushed its neck or lungs, and the drag it cleanly onto their own territory.It wasn't long before the mule deer was dead and they tore into it. A snarl rising in his throat, he darted forward when Caiaphas broke into a run, following her. 

He watched her tear a hind leg off the deer. They might be outnumbered by two, but the others were tired from hunting down the deer, and they were certainly more energetic. Calculating the possibility of fending off two wolves at the same time, he circled around the corspe in a brisk trot, a slow growl in his chest warning the other pack of their presence.
105 Posts
Ooc — Archer
It was only then did Teagan realise how long it'd been since he had last hunted in a group, with a pack. Most of the time, he hunted with a partner, or by himself, resulting usually in a diet of small prey such as rabbits, squirrels, rodents and fish. The idea of a buck appealed to the coywolf greatly, causing him to lick his lips in anticipation for the meat. He did not doubt his packmates's abilities to take down this buck, especially since Warbone appeared to be an experienced savage hunting machine. No, it did not seem like failure was even an option to choose from this time.

So, with eyes glittering in careful anticipation, Teag followed his king's commands, surrounding the creature and sure enough, Arkham ended the buck's life and began feasting on the meat without hesitation as life left the deer's gaze. Now, Teag waited for his king to eat his fill before eating himsself but before even that happened, the sea witch came forward and acted as if that was her honor, growls and snarls rumbling from her chest.

Without hesitating so much as a second, a rumbling growl erupted from Teagan's throat and narrowing his green eyes, he stepped forward beside his packmates, ears sliding back against his fiery cranium. Noting Slancio circling the corpse, he took a step forward towards him, eyes glittering with suppresed fury as he snapped at him, teeth showing, warning him off. They might be friends, sort of, but pack came first. At least, as of currently. If Slancio or the sea witch dare confront them, with a signal from Warbone, he would not hesitate to attack, despite on of them being a friend.

Perhaps right now, he was more loyal to the Keep than he thought but, as he smiled grimly in his head, all he was in the end was a wild card.
385 Posts
Ooc —
Warbone bathed in the glorious taste of a kill like this. The tender throat gave easily to his starving teeth, and the king of Marauders felt ecstasy within his ravenous spirit. The feeling was taken from him too soon; a slate figure streaked forward, setting a claiming bite to haunch of his pack's kill, and Warbone was suddenly reminded of the initial howler that had ruined his stalk. His eyes widened, perhaps genuinely surprised, and slow to come down from his bloody arousal. His snarl was low and ascending, starting deep in his gut and then rising finally to his mouth in a sound that had risen above the intent to menace. She might have done better to wait and see what they would have left her. But the outnumbered she-wolf (as he was yet unaware of the slinking other) was probably a victim of her own hunger, or her status, he might've said if he knew her.

His wolves flooded forward, and the red hubris that clouded his vision then drew the mad wolf up out of his hunger, and onto the deer carcass. With the additional leverage, he clumsily— scrambling with psychotically violent clamor— sought to bear down on the black-faced cur. His renewed vehemence coming from the ire of a savage defending its very livelihood, and fueled by the presence of his supporters. And she was not something to drive away. If he could catch her, she was prey.
I'll be good
57 Posts
Ooc —
Rayen appeared to be late to the party, rushing from where she scoured the land for signs of prey. The hunger had made her light headed, several times she nearly face planted into the ground in her frenzy. 

By the time the chocolate female got there, two packs had come to chase the deer. She did not recognize the white male from her own pack, a new recruit at this time was not ideal but she would keep such opinions to herself.

Rayen raced forward, hoping to lend her pack the upper hand but slowed as the other took down the panicked buck. Failure. Knowing it was her own fault for not getting there sooner, the brown female slunk away in defeat.

Her attention was drawn back as Caiaphas ripped a leg from the carcass, darting away with it. Rayen joined the duo from her pack, prepared to fight the other pack if need be.
ásabragr
641 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Guardian
so...i don't think i missed anything but if i did feel free to nudge me in a pm and i'll gladly fix it. :0

The anxious bleats of the deer had not fallen upon deaf ears of the Viking but he discovered as he closed the distance as quickly as he could that he was late and Caiaphas, Rayen and Slancio, Kjalarr assumed, were not alone in the hunt. A rapid assessment was taken, touching upon the fallen buck before his gaze flickered to Caiaphas, who stood opposite of a male larger than her. Kjalarr, as one of the strangers saw it fit to snap at Caiaphas closed the distance quickly, attempting to join his coywolf Queen's side. His own teeth snapped viciously in retribution, a continuous string of threatening growls rumbling in the strong column of his throat. His scarred muzzle wrinkled as his upper lip curled back to reveal his teeth, his tail rising over his back — an aggressive warning and a display of dominance, his message clear: back off. After all, Kjalarr considered The Tangle Saltwinter's hunting grounds and these strangers were little more than intruders to the Northman. He did not know the circumstances of the kill or how it had come to be and, frankly, he didn't care. All he knew was there was a chance for something other than meager meals that barely filled his belly and that he had no intentions of letting it pass. At least, not without a fight.

please send all PM's to kivaluk

1/3 threads
you still wonder if you're
a ferocious beast or a saint
but you're neither because
you're infinitely more —

Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
the she-wolf took what she could from the deer, mercilessly tearing into haunch and devouring in large chunks the meat she purloined from a kill that was not her own. her defiant gaze fell on warbone who had hauled towards her, albeit somewhat clumsily. every hackle on the salt queen's body flared outright in sharp ridges and she lifted her bloodied mouth, a gout of crimson liquid pouring forth from her pressed tongue.

"the tangle is saltwinter's," the matriarch spat, bloodied phlegm dripping from her curled lips. warbone closed the distance and she sprung back, for his intentions were unreadable save for the script of vehemence that writ clearly across his savage muzzle. as rayen and kjalarr both appeared caiaphas felt doubly assured of her conviction that the keep wolves had no purchase or claim over the kill -- not when it was so close to saltwinter's borders.

time only allowed her the briefest of glances to slancio, kjalarr and rayen -- "take it!" she shrieked, surging towards warbone to prevent him from defending the kill. his lunge pushed her off balance and she stumbled, righting herself quickly by launching towards him. she would fight, and perhaps die if she had too -- but the kill would be saltwinter's. with a snarl she dove down, raising a front paw to strike at warbone while simultaneously attempting to jawspar.

i kept this vague, but lmk if you want edits!
~The sky's the limit~
101 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
This should be everything?!?!?!

In the chaotic mess that had unfolded in front of him, Slacnio only barely managed to notice Teagan when the other wolf snapped at him. Sending a growl back towards him, the quicksilver wolf tried to swipe at the coywolf before circling him, hoping to reverse their position and get himself closer to the deer. He casted a nervous gaze around the battlefield. Two more Saltwinter wolves had joined them, a brown pelted female and a white male with a stocky built. 

He kept his eyes on Teagan, but angled his ears until he could hear Caiaphas clearly. Her order to take the deer was relayed to him quickly and he darted to the side, pressing his shoulder to Teagan's side, trying to use his bigger built to push him down. He let out a chuff to the brown female once he had gotten free, slight concern prickling at him when he say the stocky male, the alpha, stood opposite her. Neverthe less, when the white wolf joined her, he calmed.

Dashing towards the deer, he fastened his jaws around an antler and began to haul it northwest, where the coven laid. Once they had pasted the borders, it would mean war if the other pack dared trespass. From what Caisphas had said, the stretch of land they were on, the tangle, belonged to Saltwinter too. Keeping his eyes and ears alert, he felt the deer begin to slide, the blood flowing from it's neck giving him an easier time to pull as it slid along.
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
since post orders gone out the window XD

The shrieking female's order caught his ears and he realized in that moment that there was no honor among thieves. They didn't care what sort of work had gone into the Keep wolves earning their kill - to the benefit of what they had done. Warbone had the right idea - had taken his rights as Alpha of the wolves who had worked for their survival and had consumed some of the kill to rejuvenate himself. Stark let out a snarl as more of the wolves circled in so long after they had taken down the kill. They were more evenly matched now, four of the Keep wolves to the outpour of strangers. Any chance there might have been to work together was long since gone and the hubris of the others just made them more detestable in Stark's eyes. 

The wolf that shoved at Teagan grabbed the buck's antler and Stark let out a snarl, his teeth hooking in the deer's flank to halt his progress. He yanked back, the blood on his teeth, his tongue, and the stocky male felt his very blood thrumming. It was life at it's fullest, the kill and the battle, and whatever sense he had was gone for the moment as his ears pinned against his skull and he pulled back against the other wolf, refusing to let their kill be drug away. 
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
[Image: gamekeeper.gif] 3/5