Sleeping Dragon Forgive me, if you can
with fire in her veins
262 Posts
Ooc — torvi
The call that rose into the air, carried easily by the skeletal limbs of what remained of their home was instantly recognizable to the Viking Queen. She paused for the briefest of moments before she buried the bone and gristle of her pathetic and meager meal and padded towards the borders, which she'd been close to. A lot of her time was spent hunting, less out of selfish need and more in the interest of ensuring that she and the children growing within her womb did not starve to death. Her appetite had since increased much over the past three weeks, though the initial nausea had (thankfully) subsided. Her body was changing — she could feel it.

As she closed the distance between her previous position and from where Hush's call had risen she contemplated the torrent of emotions she felt within herself. Relief that he was alive, betrayal that he had vanished (though admittedly it wasn't as if he could have told them where he was going), and anger that if it had been betrayal that he dared to show up...but Gyda did not think the silent coywolf had abandoned them. Surely, if he had, he would not be showing up on their doorstep and call to them. Gyda and Thuringwethil were individually threatening women (as had been proved to Gyda when she'd made Storm pee himself), but together ...she wondered what they looked like together: the warrior goddesses women of the slumbering dragon.

Her pace slowed when her icy Caribbean gaze touched upon Thuringwethil, though it moved past the ebony Heda to Hush who waited patiently on the opposite of the borders. The wrong side, she felt. Admittedly, it would be hard for him to explain to them where he'd gone and why he'd been gone for so long, and Gyda lingered on the fence about it, unsure of what would happen. “Hush,” The expecting mother spoke to him. “You are alive.” She spoke her observation out loud, allowing her relief to lace into her tone. If nothing else, she was glad that he was alive, even though his fate and it's ties to the Dragon remained unknown to the shield-maiden at present.
and armor underneath her skin
who crushes the world beneath her feet
Messages In This Thread
Forgive me, if you can - by Hush - May 17, 2016, 03:39 PM
RE: Forgive me, if you can - by Antumbra - May 17, 2016, 05:48 PM
RE: Forgive me, if you can - by Gyda - May 17, 2016, 06:28 PM
RE: Forgive me, if you can - by Hush - May 23, 2016, 08:56 PM
RE: Forgive me, if you can - by Antumbra - May 26, 2016, 06:57 AM
RE: Forgive me, if you can - by Gyda - May 26, 2016, 04:20 PM
RE: Forgive me, if you can - by Hush - May 27, 2016, 06:31 PM
RE: Forgive me, if you can - by Antumbra - May 30, 2016, 07:35 AM
RE: Forgive me, if you can - by Gyda - June 12, 2016, 05:16 AM